1. Post #41
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,205 Posts
    Coolermaster is great, worked in it once.
    I never thought it looked nice, but if that's your opinion, then good job.

2. Post #42
    Played it for the plot
    Dennab
    October 2008
    14,789 Posts
    I'm using a Cooler Master Stacker 830. Bit pricey, but pretty good airflow. My only complaint is that it weighs around 55 pounds without any parts in it.

3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,959 Posts
    ok looks liek my list is as of follows
    CM 690 with Window + Red LED's Fan and Strip if needed
    ATi 5850
    AMD Phenom II 3Ghz BE
    MSI Mobo
    Coolermaster xTreme PSU 650W
    4GB DDR2 RAM (maybe 6GB)
    Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

How does all that sound?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #44
    Played it for the plot
    Dennab
    October 2008
    14,789 Posts
    Which MSI mobo?
    which Phenom II?
    Which 5850?

You're leaving out some crucial information.

Edited:

Very crucial information.

And what speed is the RAM? What brand, does it have heatspreaders.

Edited:

NEEEEEED MOOOOOOORE INFFFfFOOOOOOOO
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,959 Posts
    This CPU:
    http://www.ebuyer.com/product/155714
    This GPU:
    http://www.ebuyer.com/product/175124
    The ram is a 2x2GB kit that I took out of a working build just recently
    The Motherboard
    is out of stock need to find a new mobo for the list - recommendations?
    I have a 640GB HDD That I took out of the same PC as I got the RAMI need to test it out tomorrow make sure they all work.
    The PSU
    Is taken out of my current PC or unless I sell it with my PC (I have a spare 500W to put in) I will be using. if only I could get rid of the rattling it would be perfect.
    How much of a increase in performance is a 5850 over a 9600gt SLi setup (my current)

Edited:

Which MSI mobo?
    which Phenom II?
    Which 5850?

You're leaving out some crucial information.

Edited:

Very crucial information.

And what speed is the RAM? What brand, does it have heatspreaders.

Edited:

NEEEEEED MOOOOOOORE INFFFfFOOOOOOOO
    heres what I posted in my other thread that died:

Ok I have made many many threads on computer part builds but due to money not working out/extreme jumps in technology they all are obsolete. (e.g.: core i5/ati 5800/shit like that)
    I have the following and do not need to buy them unless I wish to add more/upgrade that aswell:
    Hitachi 640GB HDD, 4GB DDR2 RAM, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 24bit SE, 5 port USB PCI card and many DVD-RW Drives (Black)
    My current rig consists of the following:

And I want my next build to blow this out of the water
    My next build I want to last many years (longer than 2years) and hold up against tough games

Budget = 500-600 for CPU/Mobo/GPU/PSU/Case
    Ideas:
    Motherboard: Sapphire PURE CrossFireX PC-AM2RX780 770 Socket AM2+ 8 channel audio ATX Motherboard
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 940 3GHz Socket AM2+ 6MB L3 Cache Retail Boxed Processor
    GPU: Sapphire HD 5850 1GB GDDR5 Dual DVI HDMI DisplayPort PCI-E Graphics Card
    PSU: Antec EarthWatts 750W Modular PSU - 80plus Certified 9x SATA 4x PCI-E
    They add up to 488 w/o a Case

I dont know much about cases, which is best for cooling/best cable management possibilities/best price/decent build quality/etc etc. I do however wish for the lights/fans (if any) are red as blue lights would look out of place in a red colour room (yes I have to have everything matching) if not I would just buy some replacement fans that have the red led's and put them in the case instead of blue fans. So could someone reccomend me some of the best cases for this type of build (window prefered)? (my current case is some gerneric OTT "gamer" case)

Thermal Paste + CPU fan, would I need oen if I am planning on overlocking this CPU to 3.6Ghz and over if possible? Recommendations?

I would be gaming at 1920x1080 (or 3x 1920 x 1080 if I buy a 3rd monitor and then do the ati eyefinity shiz over all 3 screens instead of triplehead2go)

Games:
    Valve
    GTA4
    WoW
    FC2

How is my choices for parts? is there any thing I should change to?
    PS Do I void warrenty for removing the sticker off a GPU, as I love the look of OEM GPU's
    PPS Dont worry about OS in teh cost, Im gonna get windows7 for 30 with the student saver
    PPPS Sorry for the huge thread to read through I just wanted to get all info on to make it easier on deciding
    PPPPS Enough of all this PPPPPPS bullcrap
    also would be gaming at 1920 x 1080 or 5760 x 1080 with ati eyefinity