1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    817 Posts
    http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dw...1d60aad6b.html

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...1d5a0d50d.html

In a first for Texas and a sweeping rejection of the state’s ban on gay marriage, a judge has cleared the way for two gay Dallas men to divorce.

A voter-approved state constitutional amendment and the Texas Family Code prohibit same-sex marriages or civil unions. And the Texas attorney general had intervened in the two men’s divorce case, arguing that since a gay marriage isn’t recognized in Texas, a Texas court can’t dissolve one through divorce.

But Dallas state District Judge Tena Callahan ruled Thursday that the state's bans on same-sex marriage violates the constitutional guarantee to equal protection under the law.

She denied the attorney general’s intervention and said her court "has jurisdiction to hear a suit for divorce filed by persons legally married in another jurisdiction."

"This is huge news. We’re ecstatic," said Dallas attorney Peter Schulte, who represents the man who filed the divorce. The man, identified in court documents as J.B., asked that he and his former partner not be identified.

Schulte said the ruling was a surprise and that he hoped to have a divorce order for the judge to sign in the "next few weeks."

In a prepared statement, Attorney General Greg Abbott said he would appeal the ruling “to defend the traditional definition of marriage that was approved by Texas voters.

“The laws and constitution of the State of Texas define marriage as an institution involving one man and one woman. Today's ruling purports to strike down that constitutional definition — despite the fact that it was recently adopted by 75 per cent of Texas voters.”
    Texas? TEXAS? This one more step towards equality for everyone. It's a big deal because Texas is one of the most prejudice states, and if dissent against this stupid law is able to take place there - it can take place anywhere
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 57Optimistic Optimistic x 7Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    4,661 Posts
    Wow, go Texas.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 43Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    1,745 Posts

Texas? TEXAS? This one more step towards equality for everyone. It's a big deal because Texas is one of the most prejudice states, and if dissent against this stupid law is able to take place there - it can take place anywhere
    Texas down, rest of the US soon to follow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 23Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    July 2009
    534 Posts
    Something good from Texas? I'm shocked.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 49Funny Funny x 12Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,271 Posts
    I'm finally proud to be living in this state for once.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 14Agree Agree x 7Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    March 2009
    990 Posts
    This from a state that in 2002 made it illegal to execute retarded people.

I'm impressed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 25Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 3Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    5,259 Posts
    This certainly is a nice surprise.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    October 2008
    533 Posts
    Who the fuck cares about faggots anyway?

(User was banned for this post ("Trolling" - compwhizii))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Dumb x 44Agree x 17Optimistic x 5Funny x 2Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    1,745 Posts
    get out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 37Disagree Disagree x 13Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    817 Posts
    other faggots, i'm assuming
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny x 32Agree x 5Dumb x 4Friendly x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    March 2009
    990 Posts
    The gay mafia do.

and they'll be comin' for ya!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 25Funny Funny x 7 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    7,578 Posts
    The gay mafia do.

and they'll be comin' for ya!
    Gay mafia? Like dudes dressed in rainbow colors and kissing eachother, eww.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Latvia Show Events Funny Funny x 14Dumb Dumb x 9 (list)

13. Post #13
    March 2009
    990 Posts
    Gay mafia? Like dudes dressed in rainbow colors and kissing eachother, eww.
    The Fairy Godfather.

He'll put a price on your head.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 29 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,348 Posts
    The Fairy Godfather.

He'll put a price on your head.
    Whoa whoa whoa lets not start talking about head
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 35Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    7,883 Posts
    I'd like it very much if you went away
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 11Agree Agree x 6 (list)

16. Post #16
    March 2009
    990 Posts
    Success, the gay mafia got him banned.

Those gus always pull through! ... or do they pull out?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 15 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    13,945 Posts
    Good to see Texas is joining the party. I just hope church-goers don't go nuts over it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

18. Post #18
    January 2009
    36 Posts
    Success, the gay mafia got him banned.

Those gus always pull through! ... or do they pull out?
    I would've expected a more sincere, and intelligent pun from you.

19. Post #19
    Meet the Pyro
    April 2006
    4,486 Posts
    Coming from Texas this is a shocker
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,973 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member

November 2005
    11,757 Posts
    "Holy dogshit! Texas, only steers and queers come from Texas, private Cowboy! And you don't much look like a steer to me, so that kinda narrows it down!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 17Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    926 Posts
    engineer is proud
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    7,687 Posts
    Texas, we might just keep you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,439 Posts

In other news, texas judge lynched behind a barn by angry redneck family.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    669 Posts
    Did none of you read it? This is only one judge, and they were already married, the judge only allowed them to get divorced. I doubt she would of done the same if they were trying to get married.

I'm not saying that its not great and all but its not like its some big deal.

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,144 Posts
    Texas, we might just keep you.
    Yeah. Let's disown all states that have people with different ideas.

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    3,198 Posts
    People should fucking just stay happy with their spouses........marriage is forever! Make that forever enjoyable! For those idiots who got married in a flash, tough luck. I don't like divorce.......
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    7,687 Posts
    Yeah. Let's disown all states that have people with different ideas.
    Twas a joke.

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    9,241 Posts
    This is a good thing to see. Slowly but surely we're heading toward a more equal nation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    4,661 Posts
    I wonder if California will follow suit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member

June 2005
    4,438 Posts
    "Holy dogshit! Texas, only steers and queers come from Texas, private Cowboy! And you don't much look like a steer to me, so that kinda narrows it down!"
    :banjo:

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    9,241 Posts
    I wonder if California will follow suit.
    Probably, if you think about it once these bigger states start to make the decision other states follow to "Be cool" if you will.

33. Post #33
    March 2009
    990 Posts
    Over here in England we have churches flying the rainbow flag at LGBT.

It's mad.

34. Post #34
    ''just wondering''
    December 2008
    2,857 Posts
    I always thought it was stupid that gays couldn't get married in most states.

Seems Pretty damn unconstitutional

Go texas!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    September 2009
    297 Posts
    Probably, if you think about it once these bigger states start to make the decision other states follow to "Be cool" if you will.
    peer pressure
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

36. Post #36
    Huge Faggot #2
    November 2007
    5,149 Posts
    oh the irony.

37. Post #37
    Gold Member

June 2005
    4,438 Posts
    I think that it would be more ironical if it would be then decided that gay divorce is legal but marriage is not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 3 (list)

38. Post #38
    February 2009
    3,810 Posts
    So Texas goes from producing shit to not producing as much shit, but still being shit.

Eh. I suppose that's a relative victory.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    4,433 Posts
    This from a state that in 2002 made it illegal to execute ratarded people.

I'm impressed.
    I find it pretty ironic that you managed to spell retarded wrong

no offense
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Singapore Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

40. Post #40
    March 2009
    990 Posts
    I find it pretty ironic that you managed to spell retarded wrong

no offense
    Haha! didn't notice that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)