1. Post #1
    January 2009
    1,123 Posts
    I'm currently working on a map but need some tips with like boundaries, and working doors here is what i have so far

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e226/tenchu17/Gm_gg_forest1.jpghttp://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e226/tenchu17/Gm_gg_forest2.jpghttp://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e226/tenchu17/Gm_gg_forest3.jpghttp://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e226/tenchu17/Gm_gg_forest4.jpghttp://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e226/tenchu17/Gm_gg_forest5.jpghttp://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e226/tenchu17/Gm_gg_forest6.jpgThere is some areas in map that are glitchy "The bridge, Some Trees, The Combine Dropship, The door,
    And the water at the bridge

If anyone wants to help with map i will send you VCF Link, trust me i need some help

Beta here
    http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=834733

Credit also goes to Firegod552 for his tutorials and help Subscribe to him here http://www.youtube.com/user/Mappingfiregod
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Disagree Disagree x 3Funny Funny x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    May 2009
    1,048 Posts
    u might want to calm down your rain, i cant see :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    January 2009
    1,123 Posts
    I am removing it because i noticed it does not go well with map
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    September 2009
    1,344 Posts
    how do you render such vast amounts of rain?

what were your settings?

5. Post #5
    January 2009
    1,123 Posts
    I have my settings all on high, and reflect all (this was in ep2) i have a good graphics card

Edited:

Ok people, if you rate, comment ok? it annoys me to have people randomly rate dumb, or disagree and if they can't map they just don't comment,and rate me because they want me to give up, but nope I will not
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    January 2009
    1,123 Posts
    Sorry had to bump it fell off page
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,606 Posts
    I have my settings all on high, and reflect all (this was in ep2) i have a good graphics card
    I don't think that's what he meant. I believe he meant what settings did you use in hammer to make so much rain fall.

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    3,114 Posts
    how do you render such vast amounts of rain?

what were your settings?
    I'm sure he just copy and pasted his func_precipitation 100x times

9. Post #9
    January 2009
    1,123 Posts
    Post above is right ^ or just set the number to 1000
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    3,235 Posts
    That's a good way to get VERTX_BUFFER_OVERFLOW and have fail. I'd recommend ash instead with some distant fog.

11. Post #11
    September 2009
    132 Posts
    Make it more natural, walls are a bit "human hand touch"

12. Post #12
    September 2009
    1,344 Posts
    I meant what are your precipitation settings
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    11,582 Posts
    I meant what are your precipitation settings
    Post above is right ^ or just set the number to 1000
    He just said it.

Well lets see, besides the fact of some lack of credit... of course I'm gonna say its a good map, mainly because I helped make it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,976 Posts
    It's pretty good. Not amazing, but isn't horrible either. I recommend adding more detail to the spawn, mainly because when you spawn, it's the first thing you notice about a map.

15. Post #15
    January 2009
    1,123 Posts
    Yea Firgod522 helped me alot with it, and with his tutorials so give him Credit to 50% him 50% me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Informative Informative x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    January 2009
    1,123 Posts
    I'm at school right now finishing map soon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Dumb Dumb x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    A living example of an OCD programmer
    June 2009
    3,743 Posts
    More combine stuff on map
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    January 2009
    1,123 Posts
    Alright, do you want me to make a underground area for the combine or no?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    January 2009
    1,123 Posts
    I added some more stuff to the map, falty button, electricity, lights, working doors, and raining ash
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    January 2009
    1,123 Posts
    Sorry for delaying on map, school is keeping me back with Home work. Almost done with it just a few more things to add and i will release a beta (not full) so don't be like "What the Fuck is this?".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    981 Posts
    What the fuck is this? - sorry, couldn't resist.

It looks really nice! I can't wait to see the beta :biggrin:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    January 2009
    1,123 Posts
    Alright thanks, hopefully you got Orange Box, or At least Hl2:Ep2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,976 Posts
    Way too much rain.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Late Late x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    6,406 Posts
    Well, the skybox and the rain don't really fit too well. Needs more stormclouds in the skybox texture.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    January 2009
    1,123 Posts
    I actually removed the rain and replaced it with ash, not allot though. also im on OSS so map is delayed again, sorry
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    January 2009
    1,123 Posts
    Alright, I'm now ready to finish up on spawn so beta will be done in maybe 30-60 min

Edited:
    Sorry guy's i must post-pone again I'm having a glitch with my lighting, floor is pure black unless flashlights on
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    January 2009
    1,123 Posts
    -snip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    August 2009
    147 Posts
    hmm not bad not bad,its not as horrible as your posing thats for sure
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #29
    January 2009
    1,123 Posts
    I know, I got a bad left eye so its harder to pose mapping is better, but right now got random lag when i move mouse

Edited:

Do you guys mind for the dark floor?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    January 2009
    1,123 Posts
    Alright I'm going to have this the ideas for my map, so you decide what should be in map and I'll put it in the map, so i don't get people ticked and saying its too blocky
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    October 2009
    1,331 Posts
    Make it less blocky.

32. Post #32
    January 2009
    1,123 Posts
    I know im doing it tomorrow

33. Post #33
    January 2009
    1,123 Posts
    No one has any ideas?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    3,114 Posts
    Kannons!

35. Post #35
    January 2009
    1,123 Posts
    Why cannons in a forest? maybe like turrets that can be used, or a anti-air but why a cannon?

36. Post #36
    September 2008
    296 Posts
    He meant up your ass

(User was banned for this post ("Why reply / Help or don't post" - Terrenteller))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    981 Posts
    He meant up your ass
    :downsowned:

I have an idea. Make the forest actually have a purpose besides just...being there. Put in maybe some train tracks that run through it (for scenic rides) or a road (same reason). It's looking good, though! Keep it up!

38. Post #38
    January 2009
    1,123 Posts
    Yea I was actually trying to find a good road material, and im still learning the tracks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)