1. Post #1
    April 2008
    338 Posts
    This is a very cool map resembling to zm_crocodile or noodle, it has a keycard that you have to use to disarm bombs throughout the map, yes this is for Zombie Master.

Please put it on some of your servers i would love to play it online. There might be a few bugs like at THE VERY END the sequence to restart the round might not work so you might have to vote for new round to end the level. Reason for this bug is because i don't have the sdk for Zombie Master, i had to map it through half life 2.

email at dredile@gmail.com
    thanks!

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=80961

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    September 2009
    315 Posts
    Looks cool, but please texture it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 11Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    April 2008
    338 Posts
    Looks cool, but please texture it.
    tell that to zm_crocodile and its still a great map

just judge it on the gameplay, the colors work ok with each other and your not going to be worrying about texture when there is a hoard of zombies coming to kill you. :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    I HAVE A SQUID FETISH
    April 2005
    8,217 Posts
    Needs textures....desperately. Architecture's alright, but still fairly square. Platforms jut out with no apparent means of support. The smoke seems a bit misplaced. Clip tools appears to have been used for the sake of it.

Looking closely, the style changes, like it was either made by more than one person, or parts were stolen, or some areas had more care put into them than others.

Clarification needed...is this your map?

If the author is not here, what is the point of posting it here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    April 2008
    338 Posts
    Needs textures....desperately. Architecture's alright, but still fairly square. Platforms jut out with no apparent means of support. The smoke seems a bit misplaced. Clip tools appears to have been used for the sake of it.

Looking closely, the style changes, like it was either made by more than one person, or parts were stolen, or some areas had more care put into them than others.

Clarification needed...is this your map?

If the author is not here, what is the point of posting it here.
    have you even tested it? at the bottom when you first start it says made by dredile, so before you say something like that get your facts right

and besides i just found a big bug in this map during playtesting, im taking it off until i fix it which should be sometime tomorow, and the style changes because i wanted it to. i didn't want to just have one area orange and black, i wanted some places to be white to.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    July 2009
    399 Posts

just judge it on the gameplay, the colors work ok with each other and your not going to be worrying about texture when there is a hoard of zombies coming to kill you. :D
    Yeah I would.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    I HAVE A SQUID FETISH
    April 2005
    8,217 Posts
    have you even tested it? at the bottom when you first start it says made by dredile, so before you say something like that get your facts right

and besides i just found a big bug in this map during playtesting, im taking it off until i fix it which should be sometime tomorow, and the style changes because i wanted it to. i didn't want to just have one area orange and black, i wanted some places to be white to.
    You did say on the above post "tell that to zm_crocodile". So whose map is it?

I shouldn't need to touch the map to tell you what's wrong with the architecture.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    February 2008
    715 Posts
    i'm dowloading now i just started playing zm again
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    April 2008
    338 Posts

I shouldn't need to touch the map to tell you what's wrong with the architecture.
    alright then you guys have it your way, just remember this map is V1 not V2 or V5, V1 so there will be future versions, just post comments you think will help with the next version k?

10. Post #10
    March 2005
    49 Posts
    alright then you guys have it your way, just remember this map is V1 not V2 or V5, V1 so there will be future versions, just post comments you think will help with the next version k?
    V1 means that it should be as perfect as it can be. After all, you released it didn't you?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    April 2008
    338 Posts
    V1 means that it should be as perfect as it can be. After all, you released it didn't you?
    i did, but in FUTURE versions i can add new things based on your guys's feedback, so give me feedback on what needs to be improved instead of griping on the fact that its V1

12. Post #12
    March 2005
    49 Posts
    i did, but in FUTURE versions i can add new things based on your guys's feedback, so give me feedback on what needs to be improved instead of griping on the fact that its V1
    You didn't. The entire level is in dev textures for a start. Also you seem to think that it being v1 is an excuse for it to be poor. Guess what, it isn't.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    635 Posts
    You didn't. The entire level is in dev textures for a start. Also you seem to think that it being v1 is an excuse for it to be poor. Guess what, it isn't.
    I'll ignore the fact that half of you are ignorant to zm_crocodile and don't understand what he's talking about for right now...that aside, this looks decent. It might make me start playing ZM again.

Edited:

Have you even played ZM? Christ you're fucking retarded.

(User was banned for this post ("Flaming" - Terrenteller))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    July 2009
    654 Posts

DEV textures just make you look like you're too lazy to texture a map.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    3,901 Posts
    ITT: People who have never played ZM.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    I HAVE A SQUID FETISH
    April 2005
    8,217 Posts
    I'll ignore the fact that half of you are ignorant to zm_crocodile and don't understand what he's talking about for right now...that aside, this looks decent. It might make me start playing ZM again.

Edited:

Have you even played ZM? Christ you're fucking retarded.
    What does ZM stand for? Zombie Madness? Zephyr Melody? Zebra Mashup.

No i have not played zm, does that make my opinion any less valid. Does someone need to make a film to know if it is good or not? The same applies with mapping. I may not have played zm, but i can tell you when the map looks good or not. The dev texturing makes this map look lazy. Some areas look more detailed than others. Some areas just looked rushed. Making the skybox dev too makes it look even more rushed.

It's a zombie map...it could use dark spaces, flickering lights and dark walls. It could be the sort of map where the users jump at every corner, firing wildly into unseen creatures. It could have been something special, but instead it is a sparse dev runaround.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    635 Posts
    What does ZM stand for? Zombie Madness? Zephyr Melody? Zebra Mashup.

No i have not played zm, does that make my opinion any less valid. Does someone need to make a film to know if it is good or not? The same applies with mapping. I may not have played zm, but i can tell you when the map looks good or not. The dev texturing makes this map look lazy. Some areas look more detailed than others. Some areas just looked rushed. Making the skybox dev too makes it look even more rushed.

It's a zombie map...it could use dark spaces, flickering lights and dark walls. It could be the sort of map where the users jump at every corner, firing wildly into unseen creatures. It could have been something special, but instead it is a sparse dev runaround.
    Once again, I'll ignore the ignorance. :)

ZM is Zombie Master (hurr).

If you've ever played zm_crocodile (http://www.zombiemaster.org/smf/index.php?topic=6227.0), you would realize that the map uses nothing but dev textures. That's obviously what the OP was going for, he wasn't lazy or bad at mapping. You gotta realize that he's not making the map to 'your all-knowing godly standards'.

It's supposed to be a sparse dev runaround. Learn and educate yourself before you go flying off the handle.

This is a very cool map resembling to zm_crocodile or noodle, it has a keycard that you have to use to disarm bombs throughout the map, yes this is for Zombie Master.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    5,865 Posts
    There was a Dev textured map that was good. Lets all never texture a fucking map.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #19
    I HAVE A SQUID FETISH
    April 2005
    8,217 Posts
    Once again, I'll ignore the ignorance. :)

ZM is Zombie Master (hurr).

If you've ever played zm_crocodile (http://www.zombiemaster.org/smf/index.php?topic=6227.0), you would realize that the map uses nothing but dev textures. That's obviously what the OP was going for, he wasn't lazy or bad at mapping. You gotta realize that he's not making the map to 'your all-knowing godly standards'.

It's supposed to be a sparse dev runaround. Learn and educate yourself before you go flying off the handle.
    ZM_crocodile looks horrific. Dev can be alright if done well...neither this map or crocodile have been done well. Of course this is from a purely aesthetic view, and if you are just going for uglyness, then you are right ahead.

20. Post #20
    April 2008
    338 Posts
    holy crap you guys you think im lazy? do you even know the mods im in? im in opposing force 2 and i know how to make a map for a certain type of gameplay. and the ZOMBIE MASTER GAMEPLAY is not realism! If you guys can ever have fun in your life maybe you should try playing zombie master and you will realize its not about realism. thanks to the people who are smart enough to even know what zombie master is. the rest of you are all un educated fags.

(User was banned for this post ("Flaming / Trolling" - Terrenteller))

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,983 Posts
    holy crap you guys you think im lazy? do you even know the mods im in? im in opposing force 2 and i know how to make a map for a certain type of gameplay. and the ZOMBIE MASTER GAMEPLAY is not realism! If you guys can ever have fun in your life maybe you should try playing zombie master and you will realize its not about realism. thanks to the people who are smart enough to even know what zombie master is. the rest of you are all un educated fags.

, anyways it actually looks very good

22. Post #22
    I HAVE A SQUID FETISH
    April 2005
    8,217 Posts

I don't believe you...the OP2 i have seen isn't covered in dev textures. This ZM map does not show the sort of talent of the OP2 mappers, so i'm wondering what you are doing for them? Testing?

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    397 Posts
    I don't believe you...the OP2 i have seen isn't covered in dev textures. This ZM map does not show the sort of talent of the OP2 mappers, so i'm wondering what you are doing for them? Testing?
    *Sigh* PLEASE stop talking about something you really have no clue about. You said yourself you havn't even played Zombie Master, this is the kind of architecture in ZM, get used to it. There's nothing wrong with it, you just aren't used to its style obviously.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    I HAVE A SQUID FETISH
    April 2005
    8,217 Posts
    *Sigh* PLEASE stop talking about something you really have no clue about. You said yourself you havn't even played Zombie Master, this is the kind of architecture in ZM, get used to it. There's nothing wrong with it, you just aren't used to its style obviously.
    If you post a map here it means that you want feedback. Most of the feedback you will get here is feedback on the architecture, design, and overall looks. If you do not want that feedback, then don't post maps here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    April 2008
    338 Posts
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/opposing-f...ers12#imagebox

wow take a look at the page. and in the description it says mapping by dredile and menteR

oh and btw i know you will say, "oh menter did all the work" he didn't, he just tweaked the lighting a bit. well here is one done just be me for of2

http://www.moddb.com/mods/opposing-f...ers11#imagebox
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    1,988 Posts
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/opposing-f...ers12#imagebox

wow take a look at the page. and in the description it says mapping by dredile and menteR

oh and btw i know you will say, "oh menter did all the work" he didn't, he just tweaked the lighting a bit. well here is one done just be me for of2

http://www.moddb.com/mods/opposing-f...ers11#imagebox
    What's your point? Everybody can make textures, it's just that zm_Magellan_v1 needs textures and you're completely ignoring the posts everyone makes about that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    April 2008
    338 Posts
    What's your point? Everybody can make textures, it's just that zm_Magellan_v1 needs textures and you're completely ignoring the posts everyone makes about that.
    Are you listening to all the people who HAVE PLAYED zombie master. the fact is that its STYLE is different from realism. your obviously not used to the style, so maybe You need to play zombie master before making comments about something you obviously have no idea about.

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,976 Posts
    You know what? Don't go about saying Zombie Master has a different style than realism, because it doesn't. Every map in Zombie Master is custom, and the one that isn't, is realistic. It all depends on the mapper. This mapper, seems to want a dev textured map, and that's what he wants. Maybe he wants it to be less laggy for the shitload of NPC's that are spawned in Zombie Master. Maybe he wants a unique style similar to that of crocodile. Most likely, however, he just doesn't want to texture. But whatever, Zombie Master doesn't have a style. It's whatever the mapper makes it, since all Zombie Master's maps are custom.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    I HAVE A SQUID FETISH
    April 2005
    8,217 Posts
    Are you listening to all the people who HAVE PLAYED zombie master. the fact is that its STYLE is different from realism. your obviously not used to the style, so maybe You need to play zombie master before making comments about something you obviously have no idea about.
    I think someone has a little too much ego and can't take advice. If you are going to use dev textures then at least do up the detail on the map. You have very thin platforms with no supports for example. Of course, i bet that zm maps also have no detail? right?

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    635 Posts
    -snip-

i'm done with this thread. ugh. :|

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,983 Posts
    Its youme all over again