1. Post #161
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    1,936 Posts
    This game is the epitome of a game that spreads itself too thin and therefore achieves granting the player a sub-par experience that is both aggravating and hopelessly lacking entertainment. First, this game is only popular due to the fact that most of it's players are masochists on a mission to play the most pointless game ever. In fact, this game seems like a complete joke: blending extremely ugly ASCII graphics with gameplay that ranks up there with Big Rigs. The developers of this game are quite obviously playing all of you fools who claim this game as the messiah of strategy games. I honestly feel immense pity for those who believe this game is good: clearly they have no taste in games.
    "Hey guys a suck at this game so I'm gonna bash it with an extremely weak argument kthnxbai"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #162
    July 2009
    1,415 Posts
    Pretty much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

3. Post #163
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    933 Posts
    Moronic rant
    Yeah you're cool. Missed the point of the game entirely. Go back to playing Counter Strike.

4. Post #164
    August 2008
    1,261 Posts
    How's my mayor?

http://i36.tinypic.com/2zhpow0.jpghttp://i36.tinypic.com/10hszuc.jpg
    Also,

http://i34.tinypic.com/23ijuxy.jpg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

5. Post #165
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,844 Posts
    This game is the epitome of a game that spreads itself too thin and therefore achieves granting the player a sub-par experience that is both aggravating and hopelessly lacking entertainment. First, this game is only popular due to the fact that most of it's players are masochists on a mission to play the most pointless game ever. In fact, this game seems like a complete joke: blending extremely ugly ASCII graphics with gameplay that ranks up there with Big Rigs. The developers of this game are quite obviously playing all of you fools who claim this game as the messiah of strategy games. I honestly feel immense pity for those who believe this game is good: clearly they have no taste in games.

You're either trolling or decide to bash the game with baseless whining because you suck at it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

6. Post #166
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    18,978 Posts
    To be honest he's useless now, at least assign someone else as the record keeper since it's the easiest way to gain exp in the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events

7. Post #167
    'Fashion Designer'
    August 2005
    13,754 Posts
    Bad troll is bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

8. Post #168
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    18,978 Posts
    Yeah well he has seemed to try in every popular game thread recently.

9. Post #169
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,374 Posts
    This is great. I just figured out how to make booze, barrels and a well (even channeled the water to my base myself), then some migrant arrives and gets possessed 3 seconds after arriving.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #170
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    7,680 Posts
    It's no biggie. Just make sure you get him what he wants/needs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

11. Post #171
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,374 Posts
    He made something out of hematite. Whooptydoo.
    Also, how would I go on getting rid of rocks/storing them somewhere? They look rather ugly.

12. Post #172
    'Fashion Designer'
    August 2005
    13,754 Posts
    He made something out of hematite. Whooptydoo.
    Also, how would I go on getting rid of rocks/storing them somewhere? They look rather ugly.
    If you want to use a bit of a glitch, you can use one tile to store everything you want to dump.

Designate a tile as a Garbage Dump ( 'i' key and then g or d I think) and anything you want 'dumped' just designate it and it will end up there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

13. Post #173
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    1,936 Posts
    goddammit, I have no shells and one of my woodworkers needs one for an artifact, fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

14. Post #174
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,374 Posts
    Nobody wants to be friends with the Liaison :(

15. Post #175
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    1,936 Posts
    Fuck my baron consort, he's DEMANDING a nickel throne in his bedroom, despite the fact the we have no fucking nickel, I might find a convenient place to off him.

16. Post #176
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    596 Posts
    You don't need to fulfill demands.

17. Post #177
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    3,129 Posts
    no its not
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #178
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,235 Posts
    Someone just learned about the magical book called a thesaurus,
    and thinks because they type like a politician they are cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #179
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    1,936 Posts
    I have this one speardwarf who REFUSES to train, he has a spear, and the other 10 guys I made speardwarves around the same time are all damn near master speardwarves now, but he's still a recruit, he needs to get with the program.

20. Post #180
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,545 Posts
    I have this one speardwarf who REFUSES to train, he has a spear, and the other 10 guys I made speardwarves around the same time are all damn near master speardwarves now, but he's still a recruit, he needs to get with the program.
    His motivation traits must be bad. Next patch will revamp how military works, including training and drills from a drillmaster (which will fix that problem of yours).

21. Post #181
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    1,936 Posts
    My guess is he'll probably die soon anyway, it's kinda depressing though, considering he's a father of 3.

22. Post #182
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    933 Posts
    My guess is he'll probably die soon anyway, it's kinda depressing though, considering he's a father of 3.
    Check his injuries in the Wounds section on his little info tab. If he has any kind of injury or damage to the central nervous system, like the NECK, SPINE or BRAIN then he is essentially an invalid, or a cripple. He can do most jobs if the wounds aren't serious and he can still train as a Marksdwarf. However, he will never again spar or train in melee combat and that is his main weak point.

23. Post #183
    March 2008
    577 Posts
    Is he active or is he standing down?

24. Post #184
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,374 Posts
    How can I dig upwards? I want to make some quarters for my dwarves one z-level above in underground.

25. Post #185
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    7,680 Posts
    My DF keeps crashing randomly. Really fucking annoying.

26. Post #186
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,374 Posts
    Help, I assigned an armor rack and a weapon rack to my Mayor's room, but it still says he needs both.

27. Post #187
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    7,680 Posts
    You don't assign them, you just build them in a room he already has, like his bedroom.

28. Post #188
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    465 Posts
    How can I dig upwards? I want to make some quarters for my dwarves one z-level above in underground.
    Build a up stair, then dig.

b key, then C (note cap C)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

29. Post #189
    'Fashion Designer'
    August 2005
    13,754 Posts
    You can only dig upwards through unmined earth/rock.

30. Post #190
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,397 Posts
    You're forgetting that you can also build a staircase instead of carving it.

31. Post #191
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    1,936 Posts
    Check his injuries in the Wounds section on his little info tab. If he has any kind of injury or damage to the central nervous system, like the NECK, SPINE or BRAIN then he is essentially an invalid, or a cripple. He can do most jobs if the wounds aren't serious and he can still train as a Marksdwarf. However, he will never again spar or train in melee combat and that is his main weak point.
    mystery solved, he has a lower spinal injury, looks like he'll be replacing my just dead marksdwarf.

32. Post #192
    'Fashion Designer'
    August 2005
    13,754 Posts
    You're forgetting that you can also build a staircase instead of carving it.
    No, he said dig.

33. Post #193
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,397 Posts
    You can build a staircase and then continue to dig upwards if you don't want to carve out a wall to go up.

34. Post #194
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,374 Posts
    Solved all of the problems, now I need metal to make weapons. I'm just mostly relieved that I found a way I can keep my booze and food rations equal, yet high in production.
    Thank god for plump helmets.

35. Post #195
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    1,774 Posts
    To make metal you need find an ore (limonite I think), some flux (chalk is one) then get some charcoal by burning wood at a wood burner then smelt iron at a smelter. Then craft it into a weapon at a metalcraft shop.

36. Post #196
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,374 Posts
    That's harsh. Why can't I just take a stick and make it into a spear?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #197
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,397 Posts
    Because it's very undwarvenly to use wooden weapons. That's for those hippie elves. God damn those elves.

38. Post #198
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    1,936 Posts
    Because it's very undwarvenly to use wooden weapons. That's for those hippie elves. God damn those elves.
    I keep trying to piss the elves off by seizing the shit they bring in their caravans, but all the fuckers ever bring is like 50 fucking bins of rope reed cloth, I should flood the trade room with magma next time they come.

39. Post #199
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,397 Posts
    Just release some goblins in there.

40. Post #200
    December 2008
    519 Posts
    You have to try harder :effort:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events