1. Post #1
    April 2009
    258 Posts

Mad Cows Weapons 1.0 BETA

Here is the release of one of my REAL project:
    I present to you: Madcows Weapons Base

This is a base that as a lot of utility for DM and Roleplays.
    Here is a quick list of features:

* Custom Iron Sight sound (Fortunately)
    * Customizable Crosshair (with a control panel in the options tab of the QMenu)
    * The crosshair is not a fixed dot in the center of your screen; it aims direcly where you wish to shoot. (Useful for thirdperson view & camera views)
    * Bullets rebound on metal.
    * Bullets can go throught certain walls.
    * There is differents types of ammunition depending on the weapon's calibre (9mm, 7.62mm, .50, .45, etc.).
    * Custom effects for guns/grenades that doesn't produce lag.
    * Admin Menu in the QMenu to adjust damage, recoil (etc.) of general weapons and to entirely customize the admin gun.
    * Weapons holsters when you run.
    * Custom scopes and reddot.
    * Custom weapons like the RPG, Grenage Launcher, Flare Gun, and many more.
    * RPGs missiles consume all their gaz after a while so they don't fly indefinetely.
    * Some different fire modes available on some weapons like the Glock, Famas & Alyxgun.
    * Custom Icons.
    * Support for NPCs
    * More, more, more... can't tell you everything.

In Solo mode, I didn't see any bugs.
    But in multiplayer I've seen some.
    Post about any bugs you find here.

VIDEO:

PICTURES:
    http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/2756/madcowsc4.jpghttp://img337.imageshack.us/img337/7790/madcowsthird.jpghttp://img127.imageshack.us/img127/116/madcowsrebound.jpghttp://img98.imageshack.us/img98/8146/madcowsrpg.jpg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Useful x 27Artistic x 3Friendly x 2Lua King x 2Dumb x 1Agree x 1Bad Reading x 1Funny x 1Disagree x 1Late x 1Optimistic x 1Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    December 2008
    190 Posts
    If its a release, where is the link?
    Anyway, looks really nice, good to finally see a new (interesting) SWep base.

3. Post #3
    April 2009
    258 Posts
    Oh god. I'm so stupid. Let me 2 seconds to edit this post.

Edit: Done.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 17Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    388 Posts
    Nice Base there, this can be very useful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

5. Post #5
    October 2008
    811 Posts
    Oh Hell yea!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

6. Post #6
    April 2009
    258 Posts
    Throw a smoke grenade into the water. Bubbles.
    (Ya I know, smoke is lagging for some of you)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 11Friendly Friendly x 2Useful Useful x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,366 Posts
    Looks extremely handy! Have a tool!

^ = cute
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Useful Useful x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    August 2009
    657 Posts
    So this first release does not have everything in the video? I was all worked up.
    I know it's a weapon base, but could you include everything you have in the video in the download?

Never mind , they are all there. Awesome job!

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,727 Posts
    Damn, this is great. I love it. But I can't see iron sights. This was happening before I downloaded this, but I really want it to work with these weapons, cause aiming is a bit difficult without the ironsights.
    Here's the problem:
    I'll right click for ironsights, and it'll zoom in a tiny bit, miniscule amount, but the weapon will stay on my right. If I press jump, all of a sudden, only while I'm in midair, the ironsights pop up in in their right place, and then disappear when I land, going back to the non ironsightless position. When I right click the crosshairs even go away, like it should be going to the iron sight.
    Any insight on what could be wrong?

10. Post #10
    April 2009
    258 Posts
    So this first release does not have everything in the video? I was all worked up.
    I know it's a weapon base, but could you include everything you have in the video in the download?
    I don't have enought time to make another video. Just download and test them. It's only 1 500 ko.

Damn, this is great. I love it. But I can't see iron sights. This was happening before I downloaded this, but I really want it to work with these weapons, cause aiming is a bit difficult without the ironsights.
    Here's the problem:
    I'll right click for ironsights, and it'll zoom in a tiny bit, miniscule amount, but the weapon will stay on my right. If I press jump, all of a sudden, only while I'm in midair, the ironsights pop up in in their right place, and then disappear when I land, going back to the non ironsightless position. When I right click the crosshairs even go away, like it should be going to the iron sight.
    Any insight on what could be wrong?
    Did you download custom models?
    Or did you have like 100 addons in your addons folder? One of them could conflict with the ironsight script. You should clean up the addons you're not using.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member

December 2007
    489 Posts
    Awesome work, Now I can have some better weapons for my NPCs as well :D

Also loving the underwater grenade effects, got my download.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,681 Posts
    Question storm:

Can you disable the crosshairs? If not, could you make a setting for admins to turn it off? Leaving it on grenades would be cool to see your cooking progress, or you could make a "click" sound for each second you've cooked it.

Also, do you think you could make it so when not using ironsights, it's free-aim? Would be nice because it would make hipfiring a bit harder, but still functional - a desirable, fun game mechanic that promotes realism.

Is holstering weapons done by holding shift? If so, that's a brilliant system - bravo!

Is the headbob part of your weapons pack? If not, where can I find that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Bad Reading Bad Reading x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,727 Posts
    Yeah, I was curious about the head bob as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,818 Posts
    Throw a smoke grenade into the water. Bubbles.
    (Ya I know, smoke is lagging for some of you)

The bubbless should be darker.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 12Funny Funny x 1Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    April 2009
    258 Posts
    Can you disable the crosshairs?
    In the client side menu, but only for you and not for everybody on the server.
    Good point, I'll try to add a command to disable the crosshair for everybody in the next version.

You could make a "click" sound for each second you've cooked it.
    Awesome idea.

Also, do you think you could make it so when not using ironsights, it's free-aim?
    I tried, but it was not perfect. Maybee in the next version, I'll see.

Is holstering weapons done by holding shift?
    Yes. In the next version, if you want to holst your weapon without running or holding shift, you'll be abble to press E + Left click to deploy/holst your weapon.
    I was too lazy to code it in the beta version

Is the headbob part of your weapons pack? If not, where can I find that?
    What does headbob mean? English is not my first language.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    May 2008
    23 Posts
    what was that scientist head thing in the video?

17. Post #17
    April 2009
    258 Posts
    what was that scientist head thing in the video?
    Huh? Am I supposed to understand?

18. Post #18
    December 2007
    417 Posts
    Huh? Am I supposed to understand?
    One of the SWEP icons is what looks like kliners head, he's asking what weapon that is.

19. Post #19
    Gold Member

December 2007
    489 Posts
    One of the SWEP icons is what looks like kliners head, he's asking what weapon that is.
    I believe that's the admin gun, most probably.

Worshipper posted:
    Well, at the part of the video (forgive me, I'm too lazy to find it) where you were showcasing the K98 sniper, when you sprinted the player's view bounced up and down.

I would like this too, unless it's already implemented.

20. Post #20
    April 2009
    258 Posts
    Oh yeah it's the admin gun.
    I love to create some original admin guns! :D

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,681 Posts
    In the client side menu, but only for you and not for everybody on the server.
    Good point, I'll try to add a command to disable the crosshair for everybody in the next version.

Awesome idea.

I tried, but it was not perfect. Maybee in the next version, I'll see.

Yes. In the next version, if you want to holst your weapon without running or holding shift, you'll be abble to press E + Left click to deploy/holst your weapon.
    I was too lazy to code it in the beta version

Cool about the free-aim - I look forward to it! And that's okay about the toggling holster, I think it's great you added it at all. Your weapon pack is very innovative and smooth, I remember using your old CS:S Realistic Weapons pack, this is a massive change compared to that! The Admin Gun is great, I loved messing with it in single player for a bit. The penetration and ricochet will also surely sculpt a new way of playing.

Headbob is the way your head sways in the video when you moved. I just realized it isn't a part of the pack.

Also, can you make it so the recoil actually does something to your aim? I noticed the view kicks a lot while the weapon doesn't actually move that much, with some weapons, most notably the snipers. I'm sure there is a way to kick the view up with the aim, and have it go back down.

22. Post #22
    April 2009
    258 Posts
    Headbob is the way your head sways in the video when you moved. I just realized it isn't a part of the pack.
    Oh yeah, it's a script of my roleplay gamemode. Sorry if you thought it was in the download.

Also, can you make it so the recoil actually does something to your aim? I noticed the view kicks a lot while the weapon doesn't actually move that much, with some weapons, most notably the snipers. I'm sure there is a way to kick the view up with the aim, and have it go back down.
    I'll see because for now it's only a client side punch effect.

23. Post #23

February 2008
    262 Posts
    This must be the best weapon pack I have ever downloaded.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member

December 2007
    489 Posts
    How about the medikit, can you make it heal NPCs as well? Maybe if you hold use on them while the medkit is deployed, then it will heal them.

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,681 Posts
    Found a few bugs.

The NPC weapons don't work for me, at least not the AR2 and AK47. They just aim at you and twitch and stuff. Happened in Singleplay, I'll test in multiplayer a bit later.

In multiplayer, when you aim with the ironsights, tracers, effects, etc. still come from where the barrel is when you don't aim with ironsights (to the right of the screen, basically).

I also can't seem to get any ricocheting or penetration going on in multiplayer, but that might just be me. Is it disabled for MP?

26. Post #26
    April 2009
    258 Posts
    I also can't seem to get any ricocheting or penetration going on in multiplayer, but that might just be me. Is it disabled for MP?
    Hum ya, I tested them too on a dedicated server and I got the same problem. I'll need to check this.
    That sucks.

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,681 Posts
    I just found out that you can't see your own ricocheting, but it does still ricochet. Other people can see your shots bounce. I'll upload a video tomorrow or something maybe, just recorded it tonight. Penetration seems not to work though.

28. Post #28
    September 2009
    7,361 Posts
    The NPC weapons work, they're just very wonky. Enemies tend to have a bug where they won't shoot you on sight, but if you run to another room and let them chase, they'll start shooting; once the clip runs out, though, they won't bother to reload unless you leave their sight again. They can be very deadly, though, 'cause i've been killed by two or three shots in a split-second by angry metrocops. The NPCs when using these weapons also work on the penetration code of the weapons and can see enemies through doors. They just don't actually shoot through the doors.

As a note for the NPC weapons, though - expect rebels, as usual, to be able to use them well, if not have crappy aim. They don't have the aforementioned short-sight bug that enemy NPCs do, and, if using PlayerFactions or such, will probably rip you to shreds the moment you spawn them if your model's an opposing faction.

And the ironsights are alittle buggersome; the rifle weapons, instead of going into the sights, proceed to hang on the left side of my screen as if I switched the gun to my left shoulder or something, yet pistols and certain other weapons have normal sights in the 'center,' so to speak.

Still, awesome pack. Keep up the nice work! ^_^

29. Post #29
    April 2009
    258 Posts
    Ouch, I have a lot to do now. But I have school, so I don't have a lot of time to spend on my sweps. You'll need to wait a while before I continue... :/

I think it was a good idea to put the word BETA in this version!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,118 Posts
    Holy fuck this is AMAZING. Everything. And Rikozh, your rifle ironsights are probably moving to the left because you have a skin for the weapon. Different skins have different origins for animation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    September 2009
    7,361 Posts
    Holy fuck this is AMAZING. Everything. And Rikozh, your rifle ironsights are probably moving to the left because you have a skin for the weapon. Different skins have different origins for animation.
    Alright, thanks for clearing that up. Just got the 'classic' skins for the 9MM pistol, SMG, and AR2 over at FPSbanana, didn't know that was messing with it. Ah well, I can live with it. ^_^

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,064 Posts
    The head bob is called ShakeView 1.3, somewhere on garrysmod.org, but its said to disable ironsights in some strange way...

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,727 Posts
    OH MY GOD! THANK YOU. Now I know what exactly to delete. My ironsights haven't been working, and I didn't know what was causing it. Now I can at least see if shake view was causing it.

34. Post #34
    June 2009
    1,770 Posts
    I have loved the guns, but i think the GMOD.ORG admins are going crazy beacause EVERY new file is dangerous. ?!
    Anyway, great guns and i wish to request a FlameThrower.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Brazil Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,229 Posts
    This is awesome, the rocket launcher and grenade launcher effects and overall are great. I love the richocheting and penetration. I thought it was pretty cool all and all and then I saw the sprinting and I jizzed. I've been looking for a great base with proper sprinting. All the effects from the weapons are great. Just awesome. Do I have your permission to make and release sweps using this base with proper credit ofcourse?

36. Post #36
    Jvs
    PENISCorp's First Employee
    June 2009
    1,613 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Italy Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,229 Posts
    How am I talking about that thread?

Edited:

I was just praising worshipper for the base and asking If I could release sweps using this base.

38. Post #38
    April 2009
    258 Posts
    Do I have your permission to make and release sweps using this base with proper credit ofcourse?
    I have no problem. But I'll make another version in a few days so you'll need to update your "pack".

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,229 Posts
    Just getting permission before I gather models and Hex etc. I'll most likely wait for a few bug fixes in your pack and hopefully the MP bugs will be resolved aswell.

40. Post #40
    April 2009
    258 Posts
    But please, be patient because I don't have much time to dedicate to this.