1. Post #361
    October 2009
    22 Posts
    Version 1 is already out, though it's more of a beta. There's not too many bugs and it's useable. It might not be worth it to get it since it seems like it's coming pretty soon, but it'll definitely hold you over.
    What? The beta doesn't have the weapons... Does it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #362
    September 2009
    7,070 Posts
    He might have joined my server, there was a new guy on there yesterday.
    If it was the Human Medic, that was probably me. Loving the new additions, although the magnum certainly feels different enough to need some adjusting to.

3. Post #363
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,681 Posts
    It has most of the weapons. Most of the CSS and a couple HL2 ones, also has some grenades. It doesn't have DODS stuff or everything the videos show. The download for the beta's on the front page though.

4. Post #364
    June 2009
    470 Posts
    Soon on garrysmod.org :)

EDIT: November 21, 22, 28 or 29. I don't know. I'm discovering a bug every minute. I hate LUA.
    0:11
    wow thats epic XD
    does it unweld and unfreeze props or just unfreeze them?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #365

August 2007
    514 Posts
    Eh, good job, once again. I happened to encounter this error on Splinter's server with the 30 cal after using the ironsights, toggling them off, then shooting.

weapons\weapon_mad_dod_30cal\shared.lua:223: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'Recoil' (a nil value)

P.S. - I'm a jerk who's about to tell you the secret spawnpoint set code - mad_spawnpoint. Works on servers with the addon.
    There are a lot of other goodies he made too, but I'll let you find those ;3

6. Post #366
    September 2008
    312 Posts
    Well then, I guess I won't have to have that spawn point addon anymore, good find :3:

7. Post #367
    March 2009
    23 Posts
    where are the wepons ? i just get errors please tell me that you added a model and materel pack for the people that dont have css
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #368
    Gold Member

December 2007
    489 Posts
    where are the wepons ? i just get errors please tell me that you added a model and materel pack for the people that dont have css
    That would be illegal, you need to buy CSS for the weapons to work.

Alternatively you could always go on FPSbanana and download some custom models instead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #369

August 2007
    514 Posts
    In addition to the other console spam I posted, in multiplayer, particularly Splinter's server, when I tried to put down an NPC spawner, making antlions, this came up.

weapons\gmod_tool\stools/mad_npcspawner.lua:141: attempt to call method 'SendLua' (a nil value)

Some other users could use them, while others had this problem.

EDIT:Okay, apparently people said you needed admin? Please, clarify.

10. Post #370
    October 2008
    3,543 Posts
    You should make a knife
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

11. Post #371

August 2007
    514 Posts
    You should make a knife
    He did, it'll be in the next release.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #372
    October 2008
    3,543 Posts
    He did, it'll be in the next release.
    Awesome thanks for info

13. Post #373
    September 2009
    1,092 Posts
    This is really awesome, but I have some questions:

Does the melee work on all weapons or just the DOD ones?

Is the knife throwable?

Can weapons now also be holstered while not sprinting?

Any new weapons you didn't show in the vid?

Thanks for putting so much time in this!

-Chief

14. Post #374
    April 2009
    258 Posts
    Does the melee work on all weapons or just the DOD ones?
    DoD:S sub machine guns only.

Is the knife throwable?
    Not for now.

Can weapons now also be holstered while not sprinting?
    Yes.

Any new weapons you didn't show in the vid?
    Of course.

15. Post #375
    September 2009
    1,092 Posts
    Thanks for replying so fast!

Are you going to add the melee for the other weapons too or will they stay for DOD only?

-Chief

16. Post #376
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,064 Posts

Are you going to add the melee for the other weapons too or will they stay for DOD only?

-Chief
    He can only insert melee if the gun has a melee animation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #377
    April 2009
    258 Posts

-Chief
    Maybee one day because it's possible to use the GetViewModelPosition function to create a "melee" effect.
    But it's not in my future projects for now.

18. Post #378
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,591 Posts
    Maybee one day because it's possible to use the GetViewModelPosition function to create a "melee" effect.
    But it's not in my future projects for now.
    Well..
    What could be one is modifying the model in 3dsmax and adding the animation.
    then you would have to export and create the code in lua.
    But it is a pain in the ass.

Something else I noticed, The springfield fires 7.62mm ammo, not 7.92mm ammo.
    Thanks

19. Post #379
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,064 Posts

Something else I noticed, The springfield fires 7.62mm ammo, not 7.92mm ammo.
    Thanks
    Talk about picky :3

I dont think he can change EVERY ammo name. he only changes the "wierd..." ammo like Gravity and Strider ammo and Thumper ammo and... urm... ECT
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

20. Post #380
    June 2009
    470 Posts
    Sorry to repeat my self but it was just a long gap between when I asked this and when your last reply was so im just going to copy and paste my last comment XD

I have an idea for the smoke gernade...
    Is it possable to add a block with the texture "block los"?
    It casts no shawdows, is not visable and does not collide with anything. All it does is keep the npcs from seeing you. It's basically an invisible wall that only npcs can see.

21. Post #381
    September 2009
    7,070 Posts
    Sorry to repeat my self but it was just a long gap between when I asked this and when your last reply was so im just going to copy and paste my last comment XD

I have an idea for the smoke gernade...
    Is it possable to add a block with the texture "block los"?
    It casts no shawdows, is not visable and does not collide with anything. All it does is keep the npcs from seeing you. It's basically an invisible wall that only npcs can see.
    You know, I think this might be able to also thwart aimbots that check the LOS, but this is just a random thought.

EDIT: Speaking of aimbots, these weapons are ungodly on aimbots/wallhacks that don't check the LOS - saw a friend on a listen server literally take down an entire army of combine through walls that they wouldn't shoot back at him through.

22. Post #382
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,681 Posts
    That would be awesome if the special grenades did something to NPCs.

Smoke
    8 seconds after the smoke starts coming out (the POOSH sound, in other words), they should not be able to see past the smoke. 28 seconds after the POOSH (20 seconds after not being able to see you), they can see you again.

Flash
    Flash Grenades should also do something to NPCs too. Could you make them play the cowering animation (the one where they duck and put their gun over their head) for about 6 seconds if they get flashed?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #383
    April 2009
    258 Posts
    I have really no experience with NPCs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #384
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,002 Posts
    Can't wait for the new version :biggrin:.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #385
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    669 Posts
    Can't wait for the new version :biggrin:.
    It's so close, you can almost taste it. :pervert:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #386
    November 2007
    522 Posts
    These look hella sick.

27. Post #387
    September 2008
    312 Posts
    Trust me, they are :3:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #388
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,064 Posts
    To much spare time and a hint of peoples love is what makes most coders tick :3:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #389
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,532 Posts
    2 bugs:

1. When using an automatic gun with a scope like the aug or sg552, if you scope in, then when you go fully auto while scoped in, the scope will kick, but not the actual bullets.
    2. The idle effect makes all the sweps using tetabonita's realistic swep base idle like craaaaazy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Qatar Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #390
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,681 Posts
    I think there should be a console command to make it so scoped weapons cannot be fired more than once while in the scope. Like, you fire, and you have to scope back in again. That would be great for us realism junkies.

Edited:

Maybe Wizey could tell you?

I'm sure you can find an at least hacky way to make it so NPCs can't see you when behind the smoke.

And if they're within like 50 meters of a flashbang and it's in their line of sight, they just play the cower animation for 6 seconds, then return to normal.

31. Post #391
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    669 Posts
    To much spare time and a hint of peoples love is what makes most coders tick :3:
    Oh, you. :3:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

32. Post #392
    June 2009
    470 Posts
    lol, you don't need any :D
    All it is is a simple block with the texture of "block los"
    you can see at bit more information here
    http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Tool_textures

33. Post #393
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,681 Posts
    lol, you don't need any :D
    All it is is a simple block with the texture of "block los"
    you can see at bit more information here
    http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Tool_textures
    I don't think you can put a brush texture into the game in realtime through lua.

34. Post #394
    June 2009
    470 Posts
    k, just wondering XD

35. Post #395
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,064 Posts
    I think there should be a console command to make it so scoped weapons cannot be fired more than once while in the scope. Like, you fire, and you have to scope back in again. That would be great for us realism junkies.

Edited:

Maybe Wizey could tell you?

I'm sure you can find an at least hacky way to make it so NPCs can't see you when behind the smoke.

And if they're within like 50 meters of a flashbang and it's in their line of sight, they just play the cower animation for 6 seconds, then return to normal.
    Wait what!? NO WAY! Im so not working with him!!!! "lol just kidding :3:"

To be honest hes on my friends list, ive talked to him a couple of times and he wanted to work together a lil, i dunno if he still wants to :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #396
    April 2009
    258 Posts
    Huum?

37. Post #397
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,535 Posts
    ?muuH
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Malaysia Show Events Funny Funny x 4Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

38. Post #398
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,591 Posts
    Wait what!? NO WAY! Im so not working with him!!!! "lol just kidding :3:"

To be honest hes on my friends list, ive talked to him a couple of times and he wanted to work together a lil, i dunno if he still wants to :P
    Seriously if you both work together, you could destroy any weapons pack that is on garrysmod.org, because both of you are great coders.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #399
    October 2008
    3,543 Posts
    k, just wondering XD
    Please quit with the "XD" thing it's really childish.

40. Post #400
    June 2009
    1,760 Posts
    LOL, a cow!
    Very funny!
    ontopic: I have a request

Bile Grenade
    Just Like the L4D 2 Bile grenade, but this makes the vision confusing and drain 5 hp per second.