1. Post #321
    September 2008
    312 Posts
    I expected a lot more traffic than what I'm getting :(

Oh we have a special event on sunday, "Combine vs Rebel build a fort day."

Basically, you choose your team, build your forts, and uh, fight, This would be a great opportunity to play with the MadCow sweps! (Plus, all of the server addons will be removed, leaving only the madcow sweps and some other tools.)

Server IP for those interested: 204.27.59.154:27015

2. Post #322
    April 2009
    258 Posts
    I can give you one of my best DM gamemodes if you want.
    It has custom spawnpoints for each team. Install stargate for more action and gm_atomic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #323
    September 2008
    312 Posts
    Wow, that looks really cool. But, no thanks. Really the purpose of this whole thing is just to mess around, and not be restricted by game mode rules. Thanks for the offer though :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #324
    April 2009
    258 Posts
    The DM gamemode is based on the sandbox gamemode so you can build your shits and fight with your guns.
    It's like a sandbox with teams and new player models.

5. Post #325
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,681 Posts
    That sounds like it fits my clan's server, is that an offer only for him though? I've been interested in a while for having something on my server very similar to what you've described. The HUD and GUI is beautiful, too.

Edited:

Also, do you have a set release date/timeframe? This week maybe, next week? Your list had a lot on there so I'm hoping for within the month more than anything.

6. Post #326
    September 2008
    312 Posts
    The DM gamemode is based on the sandbox gamemode so you can build your shits and fight with your guns.
    It's like a sandbox with teams and new player models.
    That's pretty awesome, sure. I'll take it, only thing is that I don't want uh, custom player models, unless their medic/refugee player models. :3:

But I can edit the player models list for it, can't I?

7. Post #327
    April 2009
    258 Posts
    Ouch... we need the custom models because I've not enough models for all the zombie and combine classes. When I had my server, I uploaded the models and the textures of everything on garrysmod.org!

COMBINE SNIPER

COMBINE MEDIC

ZOMBIE ENGINEER

ZOMBIE ANTI-TANK

And I only give my things to the splintersim server because he helps me with my weapons.
    Maybee one day I'll upload this gamemode, but I don't think so.

And no I don't have a RELEASE DATE for now. I'm sorry about that. I'll maybee upload a pre-version.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #328
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,681 Posts
    Oh well, I'll find a suitable gamemode eventually. Can't wait for the pre-version release even if it has some bugs :)

9. Post #329
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    2,792 Posts
    OK, so does that mean the weapons will only be accessible in your gamemode?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #330
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,681 Posts
    No, his gamemode will only be accessible to Splintersim and nobody else, the weapons are going to be released again with a new update when they're ready/a pre-release version if he feels like it

11. Post #331
    September 2008
    312 Posts
    Ouch... we need the custom models because I've not enough models for all the zombie and combine classes. When I had my server, I uploaded the models and the textures of everything on garrysmod.org!

COMBINE SNIPER

COMBINE MEDIC

ZOMBIE ENGINEER

ZOMBIE ANTI-TANK

And I only give my things to the splintersim server because he helps me with my weapons.
    Maybee one day I'll upload this gamemode, but I don't think so.

And no I don't have a RELEASE DATE for now. I'm sorry about that. I'll maybee upload a pre-version.
    Well as long as they're necessary go ahead. I was thinking you just included custom models for the hell of it, but now I see theres an actual reason for them. :)

But I do have one question. What does the rebel medic look like? And also, is it only hl2 MadCow weapons that will be used in this gamemode? (this I hope for)

12. Post #332
    October 2008
    811 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

13. Post #333
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,681 Posts
    I quoted the whole thing. Yea I did

It's been 3 days. Where is it?! :swoon:
    He's got over 10 big updates on that list. Did you not read and just quote the whole thing to annoy readers? 10 big updates does not constitute less than at least a week.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #334
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    743 Posts
    Progress on the pack is looking amazing, Worshipper, really looking foward to the big update. Did you plan on adding any melee weapons like the knife and crowbar to the pack once you've gotten the essentials worked out?

15. Post #335
    September 2008
    312 Posts
    The knife is in the pack, but there is no Crowbar (surprisingly.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #336
    April 2009
    258 Posts
    I could code a crowbar if you want.
    For now I made a "spy" knife with the CS:S model.

17. Post #337
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    2,792 Posts
    Is it possible you could code a Machete? I thought that Stranded models had a machete v_model and w_model, they were just talking about it on the models forum

18. Post #338
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,681 Posts
    The knife is in the pack, but there is no Crowbar (surprisingly.)
    I could code a crowbar if you want.
    For now I made a "spy" knife with the CS:S model.
    Gorilla Bar - A Gorilla Bar is like a big tactical crowbar-type utility some groups use to break doors. Could just be a crowbar that breaks down doors. (65% chance of breaking down the door in question would be a nice addition.)

(Or you could have your own crowbar that, when it hits something, it punches the player's view a little)
    from page 2 :)

19. Post #339
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    2,792 Posts
    from page 2 :)
    Hell yes! Gorilla bars would be freakin' awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #340
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,681 Posts
    Left click should be regular swing and right click should be a strong swing. Left could be 40 damage, right could be 80 damage.

Worshipper, please don't add knife throwing again :(

21. Post #341
    September 2008
    312 Posts
    God I can't stand knife throwing, well, their not in the pack so I'm going to assume he doesn't plan on making one :)

22. Post #342
    April 2009
    258 Posts
    Soon on garrysmod.org :)

EDIT: November 21, 22, 28 or 29. I don't know. I'm discovering a bug every minute. I hate LUA.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #343
    September 2008
    312 Posts
    I just have a quick suggestion for the gamemode, can you make it to where every class can choose a Hl2 SMG as a primary? I feel as though that weapon deserves more attention, also the pulse rifle.

Bug report on the gamemode: If your the first person in the server, player model selection doesn't work. (the game chooses a random player model from the list)
    Gamemode suggestion: Switch the assault and support player models, and give support more weapon selection.
    Maybe add refugee player models, use those for support, and use the citizens for the Spec Ops, I'm sorry, but I can't stand seeing CSS models in a Rebels vs Combine gamemode...
    Again, Hl2 Mp7 to ALL classes?
    Just use rebel models for the snipers?

Those are really the only things that bug me :)

24. Post #344
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    743 Posts
    It's times like this I wish I had Day of Defeat: Source. 3: Ah well, I'll still have fun with the other content in the pack.

25. Post #345
    September 2008
    312 Posts
    Well, I could give you a little hint...
    you could download the DODS realistic swep pack, those include the models and textures.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

26. Post #346
    Gold Member

December 2007
    489 Posts
    Wow! I really like the incendiary ammo, never seen any SWEPS able to swap between custom ammo before :3 And yay, the new Alyxgun model looks great, as well as the deployable MG.

By the way, that STOOL you used to spawn prop_door_rotatings, what was that?

27. Post #347
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    743 Posts
    Well, I could give you a little hint...
    you could download the DODS realistic swep pack, those include the models and textures.
    It included most of them, so that's good at least. Thanks for the tip, mate.

28. Post #348
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,064 Posts
    Incendairy Ammo... <.> heh. I guess you could just get a bullet call back to ignite stuff :P but i dont know how worshipper done his.

29. Post #349
    April 2009
    258 Posts
    Wizey! posted:
    Wow! I really like the incendiary ammo, never seen any SWEPS able to swap between custom ammo before :3 And yay, the new Alyxgun model looks great, as well as the deployable MG.

By the way, that STOOL you used to spawn prop_door_rotatings, what was that?

Wizey! posted:
    Incendairy Ammo... <.> heh. I guess you could just get a bullet call back to ignite stuff :P but i dont know how worshipper done his.
    No you don't.

SplinterSim4 posted:
    Again, Hl2 Mp7 to ALL classes?
    Just use rebel models for the snipers?
    Hum...
    I want to have a different model for each class.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #350
    September 2008
    312 Posts
    I guess you could keep the snipers the same then.

But what about using refugees as the support/spec ops?

31. Post #351
    June 2009
    470 Posts
    I have an idea for the smoke gernade...
    Is it possable to add a block with the texture "block los"?
    It casts no shawdows, is not visable and does not collide with anything. All it does is keep the npcs from seeing you. It's basically an invisible wall that only npcs can see.

32. Post #352
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,064 Posts
    Just a note, i didnt say the first one that was pwn o matic, get your quotes right :3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #353
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,681 Posts
    Wow, incredible. The effects are amazing! Thanks for the shotgun-to-door action and that breach charge. This looks great, can't want to try it out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #354
    November 2006
    84 Posts
    Lolol,rawrawr I ish bored,how about my Ideas,did any of 'em work for u?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #355
    September 2009
    35 Posts
    We're still waiting!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #356
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    1,465 Posts
    suggestion, use l4d2 ammo packs models for ammo types...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Russian Federation Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6 (list)

37. Post #357
    October 2008
    811 Posts
    Wow. The firenade looks great.. And I can't even see fire! of course! :eng99:

38. Post #358
    October 2009
    22 Posts
    I can't wait for this to come out. I saw a server with these weapons though... How?

39. Post #359
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,681 Posts
    Version 1 is already out, though it's more of a beta. There's not too many bugs and it's useable. It might not be worth it to get it since it seems like it's coming pretty soon, but it'll definitely hold you over.

40. Post #360
    September 2008
    312 Posts
    He might have joined my server, there was a new guy on there yesterday.