1. Post #41
    March 2007
    936 Posts
    Seems fun. Should probably put more content in OP tho.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,435 Posts
    I think they look stupid as hell. But I've always wanted a skateboard for transportation means. Maybe this is my calling.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

3. Post #43
    November 2006
    60 Posts
    Me and 2 of my friends longboard, it's alot of fun and a great way to get in shape.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

4. Post #44
    April 2008
    23 Posts
    Seems fun. Should probably put more content in OP tho.
    I added some more content for now.

5. Post #45
    September 2008
    393 Posts
    Man, I have a longboard and use it often. It's so good for getting around places. I like to ride it as loose as it can go.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

6. Post #46
    April 2008
    23 Posts

This video is hilarious
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 16Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #47
    September 2008
    393 Posts
    Looks sick. How is it compared to a normal board. I got a normal one with longboard wheels and trucks.
    Get a small longboard. It's like a skateboard on steroids.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    3,914 Posts
    One of those pink boards has caster wheels. Does that even work?

9. Post #49
    April 2008
    23 Posts
    One of those pink boards has caster wheels. Does that even work?
    Another pink board has like 10 wheels haha.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #50
    November 2007
    764 Posts
    Saw this thread and had to join in. I've been longboarding for about 2~3ish years now and I've recently got about 10 of my friends into it. I love speedboarding but am working on building a new speedboard, My s9 Bombhills just isnt good enought. Heres a vid of me going down a pretty bigg hill in my town.

The Hill.

The Video.

[

Btw the brown stuff on the ass of the suit is burnt leather, Its what happens when you fall in a leather suit.

Inb4 shit pants jokes

11. Post #51
    April 2008
    23 Posts
    Saw this thread and had to join in. I've been longboarding for about 2~3ish years now and I've recently got about 10 of my friends into it. I love speedboarding but am working on building a new speedboard, My s9 Bombhills just isnt good enought. Heres a vid of me going down a pretty bigg hill in my town.

The Hill.

The Video.

[

Btw the brown stuff on the ass of the suit is burnt leather, Its what happens when you fall in a leather suit.

Inb4 shit pants jokes
    Haha, that car behind you must have been pissed not being able to pass! Looks awesome though, we don't have huge hills or any elevation really in Florida.

12. Post #52
    November 2007
    764 Posts
    Nah, It was some old dude we flagged down and told him to ride behind us so no one would ride really close incase we fell. We were going about 35~40ish

13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    1,252 Posts
    Nah, It was some old dude we flagged down and told him to ride behind us so no one would ride really close incase we fell. We were going about 35~40ish
    That can't have been any more than 30mph... even so, it's still impressive that you did that on an S9.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    12,283 Posts
    I use it to get around easy, because of the pavement here skateboards sound like a fucking stampede and ride really rough.The wide wheels make it alot easier to ride.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

15. Post #55
    April 2008
    23 Posts
    I think the hardest concept in Longboarding is being able to do tricks on your board, being able to move out of dip and standing position and walk around your board while it's moving. I fell a few times today trying to do a cross walk and put my leg off to do a wood chop.

16. Post #56
    October 2007
    692 Posts
    diggin the new york footage

17. Post #57
    August 2008
    261 Posts
    thanks for this thread, you pretty much intro'd this to me, ill definitely get into this, any tips on the length of board and things like that?

18. Post #58
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    1,252 Posts
    thanks for this thread, you pretty much intro'd this to me, ill definitely get into this, any tips on the length of board and things like that?
    You can't give tips on what to ride. You have to experiment and see what feels best for you.

19. Post #59
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    1,583 Posts
    It's really cool in California.

Not in Georgia. Not enough space where I live.

20. Post #60
    April 2008
    23 Posts
    No problem my friend, I want to get as much people as I can to have this wonderful hobby. When I went to pick my board, I knew I wanted it as soon as I saw it. You just get a feeling on what kind of board you want.

21. Post #61
    I'd be lost in this world without my Hatsune Miku ^__^
    July 2007
    8,189 Posts
    Did it, hit a rock and got messed up; but still was alot of fun back then but i have moved on to bigger and better things. Still much fun and suggested to anyone who snowboards or surfs.

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    1,252 Posts
    Why do people always quit after they get hurt? I've already chipped a kneecap and torn cartilage in a few places, but I'm still riding. I literally have scars all over my body.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #63
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    1,610 Posts
    Another pink board has like 10 wheels haha.
    A "Flowboard" as they're called. I had one. They suck.

I ride a 55" Luke Nosewalker from Sector 9. I know Sector 9 takes a lot of piss these days for some reason, but it's a great board.

Mostly I'm a hill bomber with lots of carving and occasionally slides. I can do a little bit of dancing but I suck at it.

24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    1,252 Posts
    A "Flowboard" as they're called. I had one. They suck.

I ride a 55" Luke Nosewalker from Sector 9. I know Sector 9 takes a lot of piss these days for some reason, but it's a great board.

Mostly I'm a hill bomber with lots of carving and occasionally slides. I can do a little bit of dancing but I suck at it.
    I don't like Sector 9 for a couple reasons; primarily because once, and only once, while I was pulling a coleman my S9 board literally snapped right down the middle as I stood back up. No warning, no creaking, nothing, it just broke. Costed me a board and a chipped kneecap.

25. Post #65
    I'd be lost in this world without my Hatsune Miku ^__^
    July 2007
    8,189 Posts
    Why do people always quit after they get hurt? I've already chipped a kneecap and torn cartilage in a few places, but I'm still riding. I literally have scars all over my body.
    Ehh i still rode a bit afterwards i got torn up, but i just lost interest and moved on to different hobbies

26. Post #66
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    1,610 Posts
    I don't like Sector 9 for a couple reasons; primarily because once, and only once, while I was pulling a coleman my S9 board literally snapped right down the middle as I stood back up. No warning, no creaking, nothing, it just broke. Costed me a board and a chipped kneecap.
    Wow, yikes.

I do want a shorter board for slides and the like. This one is so huge and has very little flex.

And the hardware that came on it was pretty crap.

27. Post #67
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    1,252 Posts
    Wow, yikes.

I do want a shorter board for slides and the like. This one is so huge and has very little flex.

Mind listing your parts?

28. Post #68
    April 2008
    23 Posts
    Wow, yikes.

A longboard with hardware?

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    1,610 Posts
    Mind listing your parts?
    Right now?
    Deck 55.0" L x 11.0" W Luke Nosewalker S9
    Trucks 10" Gullwing Charger w/ 1/4" Mini Risers
    Wheels 61mm/78a Nineball Wheels
    Bones Super Reds Bearings (didn't come with the board, I bought these because the ones on the board were just terrible)

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    1,252 Posts
    A longboard with hardware?
    Hardware: trucks, bearings, wheels, deck, etc.

Right now?

Deck 55.0" L x 11.0" W Luke Nosewalker S9
    Trucks 10" Gullwing Charger w/ 1/4" Mini Risers
    Wheels 61mm/78a Nineball Wheels
    Bones Super Reds Bearings (didn't come with the board, I bought these because the ones on the board were just terrible)
    I don't see anything wrong with your hardware; the only problem I'd have with that setup is your tiny wheels.

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,593 Posts
    Longboarding is fun.

Unfortunately there's a lot of nooby kids who walk around with them all the time for image yet hardly ride them, honestly, fuck off. It's generally best to learn how to skateboard first, because they are a bit harder to control, and they'll teach you to control a long board a bit better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #72
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,796 Posts
    Longboarding is fun.

Unfortunately there's a lot of nooby kids who walk around with them all the time for image yet hardly ride them, honestly, fuck off. It's generally best to learn how to skateboard first, because they are a bit harder to control, and they'll teach you to control a long board a bit better.
    I'd like to see someone up and snatch it out of their hands, optionally smack them with it, and then glide off down a hill.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #73
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    1,610 Posts
    Hardware: trucks, bearings, wheels, deck, etc.

I don't see anything wrong with your hardware; the only problem I'd have with that setup is your tiny wheels.
    The tiny wheels are obnoxious but I can't get any new ones at the moment. I drained the bank account buying dual monitors.
    The bearings that came on it were just horrid, and the trucks are pretty annoying. They're really soft.

But for a starter board the hardware isn't terrible.

34. Post #74
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,766 Posts
    Which is the exact reason why these longboards intrigue me.

I don't care for skateborder shit like kickflips and ollies. I just want to glide around without having to push the ground every 5 seconds. Is there a specific type of longboard that allows that?
    yeh hated when skateboarding was the greatest thing, all I wanted to do was just chill and cruise
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

35. Post #75
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,505 Posts
    I wish I knew how to skate

But I've got my bike so I don't give a shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Saudi Arabia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #76
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,752 Posts
    do you also get a fisheye lens with it when you buy one
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Hungary Show Events Funny Funny x 5Zing Zing x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

37. Post #77
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,505 Posts
    But still :( it looks pretty cool
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Saudi Arabia Show Events

38. Post #78
    July 2007
    195 Posts
    Been thinking of getting into this. I have a few friends who longboard, and I've tried it two-three times before. It's so much fun! :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events

39. Post #79
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    3,044 Posts
    Holy shit. I never knew about this, it looks fucking awesome. I want to try this out, except I live in the middle of London so there's not exactly many places to do it, and people would think you look a bit stupid on this funky surfboard-on-wheels riding around in boring old London.

I tried normal skating once but I hated it since all the roads near me are old and bumpy so the skateboard would only go about six or seven feet before needing to be pushed again.

Also I snowboard regularly.

Any tips for a beginner, where are good places to skate?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #80
    Gold Member

June 2007
    5,036 Posts
    I've never been able to skate for some reason. When I stand on a skateboard, it instantly slips away from under my feet :crying:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events