1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    603 Posts

Facepunch Memberlist
    ...can now be found at the bottom of this post.

NO MORE BOTTING/CHEATING TALK IN HERE
    DON NOT FLAME ABOUT HOW YOU DO NOT LIKE THIS GAME, NOBODY FUCKING CARES ABOUT YOUR OPINION

This thread is aimed for fans to have a serious discussion in. If you hate this game, leave now. If you want to say this game is crap, fine. Just don't do it here.

Info
    RuneScape is the online massive multiplayer Java game created by Jagex Ltd. It's played directly in your browser. The world is huge and there's a lot to do in the game. There's 24 skills to be trained, 30 minigames to be played with other players, 250 quests and many dungeons to explore.

World map:
    http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/5...ember08oj4.jpg

The main classes are Warrior, Ranger and Mage. You can be any of them at any time, there's no class you're bound to be when you first create your character.

Quests
    The quests has really deep stories. There's no "go there, kill that, bring the loot back to me" quests like in many MMOs out there. The Jagex story writes put many hours into every quest to make it interesting and tell its own story. This is one of the many reasons I like this game.

Skills
    There's many skills to be trained and many of them are really rewarding. For example I will take the Mining and Smithing skills. You can mine your ore in mines. The higher your mining level is the better ores you can mine. You take the ore to a furnace to melt it, then smith it into armor and weapons you can use or sell.

Magic
    The game has three spellbooks.
    The mordern spellbook focuses on elemental spells to damage what you fight. It also contains a number of teleportation spells you make your way through the lands, but also spells to weaken your opponent.
    The ancient spellbook contains many extremely powerful spells. At level 94 magic you can cast the famous "Ice Barrage" spell, which deals a great ammount of damage to the target, and everything that's close to the target, and make them unable to move for a number of seconds.
    The Lunar spellbook focuses on all day life spells. There's spells for healing you, healing an ally, cure someone from poision, group teleportation and even spells for filling vials with water and baking a pie!

Economy
    RuneScape's economy is interesting. Most trading is done between players, and not game controlled shops, so the game gets a very unique economic behavior (for a game). Prices of things goes up and down just like in the real world.

Player Killing
    RuneScape had problems with real world trading. Thousands of bots were making in-game money and selling it for real money and completely destroying the RuneScape economy. Jagex tackled this problem by limiting the amount of wealth that could be given between two players. Killing players in the area called "Wilderness" made they drop their whole inventory and wealth could be transfered that way, so Jagex removed Player Killing from the game. PK-ing could then only be done in certain minigames.

Many people complained about this and many stopped playing. Just recently they opened certain "PK Worlds" that allowed PK-ing in the whole area of certain worlds. The drops from the players are now generated based on how well a player killed the other, the difficulty of the battle, and what the stakes are.

Graphics
    Many people complain about the graphics. I don't care much myself, but recently Jagex updated the graphics in their game. The textures and models now looks much better, and proper AA is now supported.

Facepunch Memberlist
    Tell me if you want to be added.
    Code:
    Facepunch  	  	Runescape
    Sippeangelo 	- 	Saharaplace 
    coilgunner  	- 	Phlak0_3
    Mcdougle69 	- 	Savagegreens
    Tarmaa		- 	Dogmeat1337/Mr Exclusive
    Bladerunner1	- 	Blue star67
    reviewmad2 	- 	reviewmad
    ijyt		- 	Thedairyking
    Love		- 	Hapyk
    Runescape/zoey	- 	kissarazor
    NotYou3        	- 	Haywood222
    tomw		- 	Cooltomw
    Gummeh        	- 	cloud5856
    strong_bad     	- 	Homestar2084
    -Slash-	- 	Quecer
    cortzxxx	- 	newtfisher
    Will Wright	- 	Wilio1
    Hawkfight207   	- 	hawkfight207
    Teh Soviet	- 	Gusevpeter
    syndycates	- 	Danjamjoh
    Reactik 	-	Madness Fan1/Reactik
    SBII Gunz    	- 	Sir Crastan
    Wallettheif	- 	Wallettheif
    Ebany		- 	Ebany63
    FlashStock	- 	Marion44
    Mickey Mouse	- 	FP Mickey
    piranhamatt2	- 	DJmatt100
    Dysentary	- 	Red Ownz69
    Simpleboo	- 	zulgasm
    errington07	- 	errington08
    Combineguy	- 	catamaar
    The DooD 	- 	Terrorist86
    swat99		- 	Munchieslul
    darkride195	- 	Dark ride196 
    darkgodmaste	- 	Fire-ow2
    Kamrua		- 	Evil Spiker
    Livewire2440	- 	Purple Plot
    Nick Nack	- 	Jake Ericson
    BlackRainbow	- 	ArielRebel23
    Swno1		- 	Swno1
    RoFLWaFFLEZZ	- 	Yipper 45 & Hi260
    ddsn		-	IcyDDSN
    GMOD ftw	-	Dlord32
    Ergolicious	-	desulicious
    Ambassador	-	Airotonal
    smakin!		-	Dirtyfran17
    Valentre	-	Ev0lJam
    venom		-	venom_0013
    Dyson6		- 	Bbeony540
    werner		- 	thje skiller
    mr_big90	- 	mr_big_x-box
    Bonk.		-	Abc123 0wn3d/Fresh sheep
    -Jake-		-	Jakemuzka
    YumYumUnicorn	-	chantzguy
    Eneneh		-	Joshie812
    haksword	-	kizer 2
    evilbla 	- 	evilbla
    Lexinator	-	exclex2
    Rowtree		-	Dr Rowree
    MegaErathia	-	Sir_Erathia/Herr_winder
    databee		-	databee
    Chaosdog30	-	Proudly Free
    iownuall	- 	Brant20154
    bostonriot	-	louiemiller1
    MasterMorse	-	Henrymorse
    Miasmic		-	Pippistrello
    WPlayer		-	Wplayer
    Amez		-	dav123200
    Adsone		-	XxXtwilitesk8rXxX
    exhale55	-	a007lex1
    Morphus		-	deel da fear
    Wiz Nat		-	Elvesday
    SBII Gunz	-	Sir Crastan
    chowman247	-	DK Dragonboy
    DrumStick	-	sk8rdude133
    Hii im plexi 	-	Loved Proxy
    SneakySneak	-	Tomye6
    E310		-	halflife284
    LightBlade05	-	Da_Dude_9000
    Sternix		-	Light of Box
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Dumb x 176Optimistic x 16Friendly x 14Informative x 4Bad Spelling x 2Funny x 2Agree x 1Useful x 1Late x 1Bad Reading x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    3,612 Posts
    ok so im in now and im ecxlex2 had the account since i was 8 didnt play much started again
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 23 (list)

3. Post #3
    August 2009
    622 Posts
    can someone trim my bronze armour ??
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Funny x 80Dumb x 4Agree x 3Bad Spelling x 1Useful x 1Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    July 2008
    314 Posts
    What I don't understand is why Jagex cares so much about gold buying, Wow puts up with it, why can't they?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 37Disagree Disagree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    5,870 Posts
    Hey give me that full rune and I'll trim it for you, okay? :smug:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 24Dumb Dumb x 8Late Late x 7 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    5,383 Posts
    Your world map link is broken, good sir.

Edited:

What I don't understand is why Jagex cares so much about gold buying, Wow puts up with it, why can't they?
    WoW is making money off of gold farmers. A significant amount. Jagex, on the other hand, is not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 2Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    May 2008
    384 Posts
    WoW is making money off of gold farmers. A significant amount. Jagex, on the other hand, is not.
    Yeah and thats because WoW Is a game that even after you get the stuff you want you will keep playing because there is alot to do / its fun while on the other hand in Runescape you get the things you want and blow threw the cash then quit playing because your bored. I'm not trolling but just stating a fact.

I'll buy gold in WoW and continue to play and mess around while in Runescape on the other hand you have to play a game where the dev's destroyed trading and then you have your 10 minutes of fun then want to leave. Runescape is like having sex with a prostitute.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 34Funny Funny x 7Disagree Disagree x 3Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    2,025 Posts
    Add My name

Dr Rowtree
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,351 Posts
    I still play it, pretty playable if you turn public chat off. Just nothing much to do anymore, add me to the list my accounts are: Sir_Erathia and Herr_Windir.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    March 2009
    2,461 Posts
    I might start playing this again, only thing that annoys me is the point and click. I wish you could walk with WASD.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 19 (list)

11. Post #11
    October 2009
    506 Posts
    'bout time

Facepunch: databee
    Runescape: databee
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Anonymous Proxy Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    July 2008
    314 Posts
    Facepunch: databee
    Hurrr, really?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    February 2008
    1,085 Posts

:smug:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Optimistic x 50Funny x 5Dumb x 4Friendly x 4Agree x 1Disagree x 1Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    2,439 Posts
    I remember there was a glitch with those Easter egg rings which let you have more than one. Completely useless but now I have six. <_<
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete New Zealand Show Events Funny Funny x 17Agree Agree x 4Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    October 2009
    207 Posts
    Facepunch: Chaosdog30
    Runescape: Proudly Free

And don't be alerted when you see a user called Chaosdog30 in Runescape, that used to be my account, before i gave it away.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Estonia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,995 Posts
    For non-P2P, has the game changed much since I played it in 05?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    2,439 Posts
    For non-P2P, has the game changed much since I played it in 05?
    Other than graphics updates and that one dungeon in Barbarian Village, not really.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete New Zealand Show Events Disagree Disagree x 15Agree Agree x 3 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    1,176 Posts

:smug:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Estonia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 19Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

19. Post #19
    Dennab
    July 2009
    666 Posts
    Your world map link is broken, good sir.

Edited:

Venn177?! You play Runescape? MUST...PLAY...WITH..YOU..
    Seriously. I'm interested now, someone tell me. Do "Members" by stuff with real money so that theres no point in playing on any of the servers because they will always be OP?, it's been a loooooooooooong time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    2,783 Posts
    Venn177?! You play Runescape? MUST...PLAY...WITH..YOU..
    Seriously. I'm interested now, someone tell me. Do "Members" by stuff with real money so that theres no point in playing on any of the servers because they will always be OP?, it's been a loooooooooooong time.
    You can't even join a member server, if you don't have member status.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,366 Posts
    Runescape.. Good times.

I remember quitting around 2 years ago when the Duel Arena got fucked. I figured that the wildy would be next and just quit.

I'd happily return, but what is in the past must remain there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

22. Post #22

May 2006
    8,988 Posts
    Fucking hell, AW rose from 1.2m to over 3m. Wish I hadn't sold mine when I quit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,126 Posts
    This game gives me major nostalgia.
    I remember the classic version. That was the best.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Agree Agree x 7Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,484 Posts
    Guide on RSB on how to make money with twitter to pay for your Runescape membership:
    http://www.rsbot.org/vb/showthread.php?t=118772
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Informative Informative x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    2,698 Posts
    This game gives me major nostalgia.
    I remember the classic version. That was the best.
    you're not alone here. I remember it actually being sort of fun, yet the community was still as bad as ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #26

May 2006
    8,988 Posts
    Now, I know what I want to do is doable, but I have no idea about how to turn 12-13m into about 40m. :c
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    March 2007
    936 Posts
    Now, I know what I want to do is doable, but I have no idea about how to turn 12-13m into about 40m. :c
    GWD, tormented demons, collecting secondary potion ingredients, or merchanting and flipping. Whatever your trying to buy is probably crashing due to 76k trick being nerfed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

28. Post #28
    Gold Member

March 2007
    1,642 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #29
    A cardboard cut-out of a man.
    March 2007
    13,603 Posts
    It's just not the same as it was 4 years ago.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 26 (list)

30. Post #30
    Glod Menber
    June 2008
    6,703 Posts
    I used to play this, I just phased out of it though. Who knows I may enjoy it again later on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    1,074 Posts
    Brant20154
    I play on-and-off, going for 99 FM right now, but it can get boring after a while. That's what my Torags and Abbysal whip is for ;)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    2,698 Posts
    So I'd like to play this at my work, however I think the game is being blocked out by the connection.
    I remember there being a way around this but that was 3 years ago :sigh:

Anyone know a way?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events

33. Post #33

May 2006
    8,988 Posts
    GWD, tormented demons, collecting secondary potion ingredients, or merchanting and flipping. Whatever your trying to buy is probably crashing due to 76k trick being nerfed.
    Uh.

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    603 Posts
    Dude, can't send PMs to you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events

35. Post #35

May 2006
    8,988 Posts
    Weird.

Edited:

Try now.

36. Post #36
    October 2009
    506 Posts
    So I'd like to play this at my work, however I think the game is being blocked out by the connection.
    I remember there being a way around this but that was 3 years ago :sigh:

Anyone know a way?
    http://www.ultrareach.com/

need the firefox plugin if you want to use firefox
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Anonymous Proxy Show Events

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    113 Posts
    I used to like Runescape, but that was a few years ago. The only reason I kept playing was the Wilderness. It was fun to log in every once in a while and go there and kill some players! It was so satisfying, and the wilderness system worked great! Untill they removed it... The players started being immature pricks and the game itself just turned to shit.

EDIT:

I admit it, it's pretty fun to be a member but being a free player just doesn't have anything to offer. Jagex removed every reason why free players should play.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    2,698 Posts
    http://www.ultrareach.com/

need the firefox plugin if you want to use firefox
    doesn't work as it seems my company uses a proxy itself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events

39. Post #39
    March 2009
    787 Posts
    p2p

runescape: louiemiller1

40. Post #40
    September 2007
    807 Posts
    Started playing again a little. Not sure what I was thinking spending millions and millions on a poh...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Jersey Show Events