1. Post #1
    May 2006
    605 Posts
    So I just picked up a set of Logitech X-530's. I hooked them all up correctly, but when I play music through Windows Media Player, only the front left and front right speakers are playing along with the subwoofer. My old surround sound would play the music through all 5.1 speakers, as these should, but are not. What could be the problem? The speakers all work as I've tested them in the control panel.

I tested them on NFS Shift and the center worked, but very quietly, and the rear speakers still did nothing.

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,959 Posts
    Are they all plugged into the correct sockets? I remember my onboard had to be plugged in completely different to what it should be, are all the settings on your sound card control panel set up correctly
    My X-530 Speakers have to be turned up quite loud for the rear speakers to make sound, yet in games they work perfectly

3. Post #3
    May 2006
    605 Posts
    It seems the speakers only turn on when I plug them into the green port on my mobo. I just can't get them to all work at the same time.

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,802 Posts
    It's because no audio is being channeled to those speakers. Some speaks have a surround sound emulator that'll have audio coming out of the other speakers. Like the Logitech X-540's Matrix Mode.

5. Post #5
    May 2006
    605 Posts
    It's because no audio is being channeled to those speakers. Some speaks have a surround sound emulator that'll have audio coming out of the other speakers. Like the Logitech X-540's Matrix Mode.
    Well how can I get them all to work? I didn't pay for surround sound just to get stereo use.

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,802 Posts
    Well how can I get them all to work? I didn't pay for surround sound just to get stereo use.
    Use a program that supports surround sound.

7. Post #7
    May 2006
    605 Posts
    Use a program that supports surround sound.
    Windows Media Player doesn't?

All the speakers worked with my last surround sound with wmp.

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,802 Posts
    Windows Media Player doesn't?

All the speakers worked with my last surround sound with wmp.
    No WMP doesn't support surround sound.

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,959 Posts
    Neither Does iTunes I suppose?

10. Post #10
    May 2006
    605 Posts
    What music program supports 5.1 surround sound then?

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,959 Posts
    What music program supports 5.1 surround sound then?
    This. I want to know this aswell to get the most outta my surround speakers

12. Post #12
    Dennab
    February 2009
    16 Posts
    This. I want to know this aswell to get the most outta my surround speakers
    I seem to be getting 5.1 out of Winamp.

Also I found when running Windows 7 (beta anyways) that I had a bit of an issue with getting 5.1 working correctly. What OS are you using?

13. Post #13
    May 2006
    605 Posts
    I seem to be getting 5.1 out of Winamp.

Also I found when running Windows 7 (beta anyways) that I had a bit of an issue with getting 5.1 working correctly. What OS are you using?
    Windows 7 beta ha.

Winamp doesn't work either for me.

14. Post #14
    Dennab
    February 2009
    16 Posts
    Windows 7 beta ha.

I'll try Winamp, and let you guys know what happens.
    I'm too lazy to update to a newer version. And it's free.

But there was a difference in plugging things in going from XP to 7. If I recall correctly.

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,959 Posts
    I just installed Winamp, and wow I see my songs in a different light, abilty to support 24bit and surround sond won it over itunes for me, awesome piece of software, and holy shit the ability to have the visualiser as your wallpaper is amazing, bitch be trippin ballz on this :lsd:

16. Post #16
    May 2006
    605 Posts
    I just installed Winamp, and wow I see my songs in a different light, abilty to support 24bit and surround sond won it over itunes for me, awesome piece of software, and holy shit the ability to have the visualiser as your wallpaper is amazing, bitch be trippin ballz on this :lsd:
    Did you have to tweak anything when you installed it?

Or it just worked right away?

Edited:

I think I know why it isn't working now.

The way I have my setup is i have the three jacks from the speakers going into an adapter that is then going from red and white coaxils into the green phone jack of the computer. All but on speaker work. Turns out my white coxail is broke. I'll get a new wire and all will be well!

17. Post #17
    M_B
    Also a fellow SHART fangirl
    September 2005
    17,952 Posts
    yes, it does

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,802 Posts
    yes, it does
    My error, apparently that only happens with the X-530's

19. Post #19
    March 2008
    734 Posts
    The way I have my setup is i have the three jacks from the speakers going into an adapter that is then going from red and white coaxils into the green phone jack of the computer
    That is you problem. You are only using the green 3.5mm jack so no matter what you do your computer is going to send 2 channels to the speakers. Unless you have Logitech's 'Matrix Mode' you won't be able to use all speakers.

*Just looked up those speakers and they do not have matrix mode or any upmixer built in.

If you computer has Green/orange/black 3.5mm jacks use those, but I am assuming it doesn't since you are using an converter.

20. Post #20
    May 2006
    605 Posts
    That is you problem. You are only using the green 3.5mm jack so no matter what you do your computer is going to send 2 channels to the speakers. Unless you have Logitech's 'Matrix Mode' you won't be able to use all speakers.

If you computer has Green/orange/black 3.5mm jacks use those, but I am assuming it doesn't since you are using an converter.
    It does have those ports, but when I use them, that's when only two speakers are on.

But when I use the converter, they all work.

21. Post #21
    March 2008
    734 Posts
    Yea when you use the converter (which i'm assuming is that small rubber/plastic box that came with the speakers) It is sending that 1 stereo signal to each channel, which will work fine for music since most of it is stereo anyways but it isn't actually surround sound so you won't get the full effect from movies/games.

Edited:

Hook it up correctly and you will notice games and movies will be in surround sound but your music will only be in stereo unless your sound card has some sort of upmixer, which it should.

But you said you have onboard sound so it is probably RealtekHD and I have no idea what settings it has.

22. Post #22
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,897 Posts
    I have these speakers on Windows Vista. Surround sound works fine. I don't have integrated. Is your sound integrated, and what OS do you use?

23. Post #23
    May 2006
    605 Posts
    Yeah It's integrated RealtekHD, and I'm running the prerelease of Windows 7

24. Post #24
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,897 Posts
    Hmm. If you don't have separate jacks for front, middle, and rear speakers, the best bet you can get is software emulated surround sound using splitters.

25. Post #25
    May 2006
    605 Posts
    Hmm. If you don't have separate jacks for front, middle, and rear speakers, the best bet you can get is software emulated surround sound using splitters.
    I do have seperate jacks.