1. Post #3601
    YOUR DESKTOP IS SHIT YOU STUPID FUCKS
    August 2009
    5,307 Posts
    Ok, I play as either Commando or Sharpshooter. Fucking flamers smoke the hallways up constantly and I can't see jack shit EVER.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

2. Post #3602
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    18,248 Posts
    420-ganja-reweeded-V1-1 looks like auschwitz

disturbingly fitting since the zeds look like the jews in the camps
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3603
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    9,018 Posts
    Ok, I play as either Commando or Sharpshooter. Fucking flamers smoke the hallways up constantly and I can't see jack shit EVER.
    Nah, Demolitions is way more annoying when they spam nades at the scrake while you want to headshot the bastard with the crossbow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Chile Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #3604
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    24,416 Posts
    Demo is underpowered if you ask me.

You won't get his first weapon until like the 5th wave.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

5. Post #3605
    June 2009
    4,053 Posts
    I always use support and buy the single grenade launcher during the late waves. Then just give money/repair armor and buy ammo the rest of the time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

6. Post #3606
    August 2009
    5,307 Posts
    Anyone wanna do a HoE run tonight?

Level 6 Sharp.

add

_anthem

on Steam.

7. Post #3607
    December 2009
    8,369 Posts
    Am I the only one that noticed that the OP was edited in 2009, but at the top there is a picture of the Portal map? :ohdear:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

8. Post #3608
    I may have a BIG dick but that doesn't mean I deserve a BIG title
    December 2009
    5,475 Posts
    That's because the picture link leads to Steam which has changed the usual picture of KF to its current one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Russian Federation Show Events Informative Informative x 5 (list)

9. Post #3609
    December 2009
    8,369 Posts
    Oh ok. Well I'm gonna play soon. If you want to add me, it's falconpunch66 (my avatar is Falco from Super Smash Bros.)

10. Post #3610
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    2,364 Posts
    420-ganja-reweeded-V1-1 looks like auschwitz

disturbingly fitting since the zeds look like the jews in the camps
    that map is pretty decent which makes me lol everytime i see the name
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

11. Post #3611
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    9,018 Posts

Well yes. But a demo level 4 with a m32 can make wonders. And that is why you go demo in the 6th wave when the fleshpound is on the prowl.

A side note: 12 pipes as level 4 Demo with 6 players can insta kill the patty if they are stacked.That test map is awesome :3:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Chile Show Events

12. Post #3612
    December 2009
    113 Posts
    Well yes. But a demo level 4 with a m32 can make wonders. And that is why you go demo in the 6th wave when the fleshpound is on the prowl.

A side note: 12 pipes as level 4 Demo with 6 players can insta kill the patty if they are stacked.That test map is awesome :3:
    The patriarch can only take two pipes worth of damage at a time.(Within a single explosion) Stacking beyond two is just a waste.

Edit: Dispersing them in a "path" that the patriarch will pass through is a more efficient usage.

13. Post #3613
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    11,827 Posts
    The patriarch can only take two pipes worth of damage at a time. Stacking beyond two is just a waste.
    I thought he could still take damage from them, but each successive one does less and less damage?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

14. Post #3614
    December 2009
    113 Posts
    I thought he could still take damage from them, but each successive one does less and less damage?
    This thread suggests you are correct.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.co...ad.php?t=38427
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #3615
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    9,018 Posts
    The patriarch can only take two pipes worth of damage at a time.(Within a single explosion) Stacking beyond two is just a waste.

Edit: Dispersing them in a "path" that the patriarch will pass through is a more efficient usage.
    Yes you're totaly right in that, but the limit in pipebombs is 14 a single more would cut the damage to 0.

This prove it.

But yeah is a big waste to use more that 10 pipes in the patty wave.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Chile Show Events

16. Post #3616
    May 2010
    136 Posts

Really? When I was trying to get level 6 demo I was there on wave 2 with the M32 and nothing else.

17. Post #3617
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    24,416 Posts
    I'd like to know know how you got ~3k by Wave 2 :confused:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #3618
    May 2010
    136 Posts
    At level 5 the M32 is only 1,000. Which, after killing some zeds and selling the xbow I spawned with, is easily obtained.

19. Post #3619
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    24,416 Posts
    I'm not factoring in being a high level player though.

At Level 2, even the M79 isn't obtainable for a few rounds.

20. Post #3620
    May 2010
    136 Posts
    Well, that could be problematic.

21. Post #3621
    August 2009
    5,307 Posts
    That's obviously why you level up Sharpshooter to 6, then just sell your crossbow after round 1. Switch to demo with an M79 then profit!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

22. Post #3622
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    24,416 Posts
    That's a terrible solution.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #3623
    May 2010
    136 Posts
    Not really. SS is rather easy to level up, as you can easily get to level 6 using only the 9mm you spawn with. Upon gaining level 6 SS you gain the best tool you could ask for to level up all other perks. A freebie you can use to kill zeds and then sell for a 600 boost to your weapon saving funds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

24. Post #3624
    Gold Member

January 2009
    1,231 Posts
    I think what he means is that its a terrible solution from a gameplay perspective.

He probably would rather have some shite launcher that demo's could use from like round 2 on.
    Or at least thats my understanding.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events

25. Post #3625
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    24,416 Posts
    Any class that requires you to level another class to Level 6 to be most effective, just isn't balanced right.

Using myself as an example, I don't have any Level 5 / 6 classes. I don't have any friends that play it enough for me to get that far. So to be, Demoman is not an effective class, and in fact, doesn't even get his first weapon until around the 4 or 5th wave.

Edited:

My highest is Level 4 (just barely) Medic.

26. Post #3626
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    2,364 Posts
    you can easily get it by the end of round 2 or 3 by playing medic with the mp7 and healing people

Edited:

i mean the m79, when you're lower level
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

27. Post #3627
    May 2010
    136 Posts
    That's because of how classes are built to require a team effort. SS and medic tend to make the most money early in the game, and share it with their teammates. They, in turn, perform the roles that SS and medic are unable to, such as rapid crowd control, CQB domination, and most importantly:

Causing the zeds to run around on fire screaming like little girls.
    /pyro
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #3628
    September 2010
    1,852 Posts

Nah, just go with berserk perk on the first 2 waves, by that time you have the dosh for M32. Works everytime depending on how to attract hordes. Just run on your own to somewhere and by no time you have a bunch of speciments spawned behind you.

Edited:

A reason why the spawn generator in KF is just stupid, too many times I've had hordes spawned between me and my friend, literally because he just happened to turn around a corner 5 meters ahead of me and I had my back turned towards him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events

29. Post #3629
    Dennab
    August 2009
    7,295 Posts
    That's because of how classes are built to require a team effort. SS and medic tend to make the most money early in the game, and share it with their teammates. They, in turn, perform the roles that SS and medic are unable to, such as rapid crowd control, CQB domination, and most importantly:

Blind sharp shooters and commandos.
    /pyro
    ftfy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #3630
    May 2010
    136 Posts
    Oh you!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events