1. Post #361
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,204 Posts
    Totally. I laugh at the part when it says water was one of the first things formed on earth when actually scientists have proven hydrogen to be one of the first elements to exist.Complete lulz
    Have you ever taken chemistry?

2. Post #362
    September 2009
    1,082 Posts
    I also like the part when it says the chosen people of Israel got the okay for rape and pillage, regardless of the morals adopted beforehand. Not to mention the part where the world was created in 7 days.

Also Hydrogen =/= Water

They're two completely different things with completely different properties.
    Despite the fact that Hydrogen is oh i dunno half of water and oxygen is nearly one of the most reactant nonmetals only a bit shy away from being a halogen

3. Post #363
    Maestro
    August 2006
    2,252 Posts
    I don't complain about liberal laws because that's what the majority vote in here.

The pro-gay marriage people in Maine shouldn't complain because it's what the majority voted.
    Holy FUCK. I'm not a conspiracy theorist and even I think you're a fucking sheep
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

4. Post #364
    August 2009
    5,582 Posts
    I don't get it. Hydrogen was one of the first elements to exist, it's proven scientifically.
    using the time machine, right?

5. Post #365
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,204 Posts
    Despite the fact that Hydrogen is oh i dunno half of water and oxygen is nearly one of the most reactant nonmetals only a bit shy away from being a halogen
    H2O.

2/3rds.

If you go by atomic weight, H has a weight of about 1 and Oxygen has a weight of about 16. So then it's 2/18 or 1/9. Where the fuck did you get half?

6. Post #366
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    7,687 Posts
    Hydrogen is flammable.

Water is not fucking flammable.

Elements are not the same as their compounds, carbon monoxide is a gas in natural form, carbon is a solid.

The properties are different.

7. Post #367
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,311 Posts
    You're going to be very popular in this thread, I can already tell.

On topic, this is ridiculous. I can't believe homophobia is still this prevalent. I can't bash the methods through which the decision was made, it's perfectly acceptable based on our constitution, but this is like repealing black people's right to vote. It's fucking stupid.
    Three people in my school were killed for admitting they were gay, and people constantly use gay as an insult, and everyone hates Obama, and everyone is a rebublican, and now I'm more than five thousand miles away from there

8. Post #368
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    7,687 Posts
    Three people in my school were killed for admitting they were gay, and people constantly use gay as an insult, and everyone hates Obama, and everyone is a rebublican, and now I'm more than five thousand miles away from there
    That's not the stupidity of the children at work, that's the stupidity of the parents.

9. Post #369
    August 2009
    5,582 Posts
    jesus, man you're wrecking the image for the rest of us!

ugh, this guy is fucking everything up... ima leave...

R.I.P Christianity.

10. Post #370
    August 2009
    5,582 Posts
    in my school if you're not gay than you're not cool :/

11. Post #371
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,204 Posts
    Big bang etc etc. Hydrogen forms, forms into stars, fusion happens, which creates new elements from said fusion. I learned this in 9th grade Earth Science. Cmon man.

Edited:

jesus, man you're wrecking the image for the rest of us!

ugh, this guy is fucking everything up... ima leave...

R.I.P Christianity.
    You're equally ridiculous.

12. Post #372
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    6,484 Posts
    R.I.P Christianity.
    god is dead

and no one cares
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #373
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    7,687 Posts
    Hydrogen is the simplest element, of course it's going to develop soon after the Big-Bang.

14. Post #374
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,204 Posts
    god is dead

and no one cares
    i remember that from the crucible they p much hung him that sukc.

15. Post #375
    August 2009
    5,582 Posts
    fuck ya'll intolerant assholes

16. Post #376
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    6,484 Posts
    why do you people seem to think that "intolerant" means "you can't disagree with my ideas but I can disagree with yours it's okay"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #377
    September 2009
    1,082 Posts
    Hydrogen is flammable.

Water is not fucking flammable.

Elements are not the same as their compounds, carbon monoxide is a gas in natural form, carbon is a solid.

The properties are different.
    I was stating the properties of oxygen in order to display the obvious relation between hydrogen being the first element and water most likely being one of the first compounds made because of each others properties.Not to mention hydrogen bonding the fuck out of everything with a valence of electron of out dunno 1. I suppose that wasn't that obvious of a fact.Honestly you decide to test my knowledge of chemistry in order to somehow claim me unworthy of an opinion, I believe the topic was Gay Marriage Repealed in Maine.

18. Post #378
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,204 Posts
    I'm not being intolerant. You're being irrational, and have no evidence or contradiction for any of the scientific explanations of the universe.

Please read up on this shit before you try to argue it.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_Big_Bang

19. Post #379
    August 2009
    5,582 Posts
    why do you people seem to think that "intolerant" means "you can't disagree with my ideas but I can disagree with yours it's okay"
    I've listened to you for a while. I've never told you my beliefs are right and yours are wrong. i told you to stop harrasing people because a majority of them are fucking idiots.

we're not all like that.

20. Post #380
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    7,687 Posts
    I was stating the properties of oxygen in order to display the obvious relation between hydrogen being the first element and water most likely being one of the first compounds made because of each others properties.Not to mention hydrogen bonding the fuck out of everything with a valence of electron of out dunno 1. I suppose that wasn't that obvious of a fact.Honestly you decide to test my knowledge of chemistry in order to somehow claim me unworthy of an opinion, I believe the topic was Gay Marriage Repealed in Maine.
    I believe you're the wound who started the argument AND made your own initial point for starting the argument moot, and no water was not one of the first compounds created at least as we know it, if I'm not mistaken.

At least on Earth.

21. Post #381
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,204 Posts
    And if water was the first compound, was exactly does that prove? Nothing, that's what. And going by your understanding of hydrogen binding with shit, why is water so hard to find on other planets, for one. Secondarily, nitrogen would have formed before oxygen, and thus hydrogen would bind with it first?

22. Post #382
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    7,687 Posts
    And if water was the first compound, was exactly does that prove? Nothing, that's what. And going by your understanding of hydrogen binding with shit, why is water so hard to find on other planets, for one. Secondarily, nitrogen would have formed before oxygen, and thus hydrogen would bind with it first?
    Water is present in a lot of unexpected places really, but it's extremely minuscule.

23. Post #383
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,204 Posts
    I've listened to you for a while. I've never told you my beliefs are right and yours are wrong. i told you to stop harrasing people because a majority of them are fucking idiots.

we're not all like that.
    I'm going to state a few simple facts.

Ignorance is bad.
    Faith is belief without evidence.
    To believe in a god you need faith.
    Belief without evidence is ignorant. (It's ignorant of the consequences of believing things without evidence, jump off cliff and you can fly)
    Therefore, Faith is bad.
    Therefore, believing in a god means you are ignorant.

24. Post #384
    Maestro
    August 2006
    2,252 Posts
    ...So wait, how did we get from Gay Marriage to conservatists betting boxes to...Hydrogen?

Edited:

And now it appears to be some intolerant argument over religion.
    Must you be so obsessive compulsive? Rule number one of humanity is to not condemn other people for choices they made with their own free will, however biased it may be

25. Post #385
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,463 Posts
    Hur dur lets just mix hydrogen and oxygen together and we got water! It's not that simple.

26. Post #386
    September 2009
    1,082 Posts
    I believe you're the wound who started the argument AND made your own initial point for starting the argument moot, and no water was not one of the first compounds created at least as we know it, if I'm not mistaken.

At least on Earth.
    *Cough*http://www.news.harvard.edu/gazette/...erofWater.html

27. Post #387
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,204 Posts
    ...So wait, how did we get from Gay Marriage to conservatists betting boxes to...Hydrogen?

Edited:

And now it appears to be some intolerant argument over religion.
    Gay Marriage is only controversial because of religion. To form an argument against Gay Marriage, you need to accept that some religion is correct. To argue that Gay Marriage should be allowed you have to attack the source of the reasoning against it, in this case, religion.

28. Post #388
    August 2009
    5,582 Posts
    I'm going to state a few simple facts.

Ignorance is bad.
    Faith is belief without evidence.
    To believe in a god you need faith.
    Belief without evidence is ignorant. (It's ignorant of the consequences of believing things without evidence, jump off cliff and you can fly)
    Therefore, Faith is bad.
    Therefore, believing in a god means you are ignorant.
    The only reason i don't have evidence is because whenever i reference the bible/torah WHICH IS TAUGHT IN SCHOOLS

you tell me "OH NO LOL DATS NOT REAL EVIDENCE, DATS FAKE EVIDENCE"

How do i know that you're "big bang" evidence isn't just a bunch of bullshit that you don't understand, and even if you do, how do you know it's not a lie?

29. Post #389
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,502 Posts
    How is that black people can get married in Georgia but two gay people can't get married in
    Maine.

30. Post #390
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,204 Posts
    Hur dur lets just mix hydrogen and oxygen together and we got water! It's not that simple.
    Burning hydrogen causes the formation of water. H2 + O2 --> 2H2O

31. Post #391
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    7,687 Posts
    Ah my mistake, but what does this prove?

32. Post #392
    September 2009
    1,082 Posts
    Billiam challenged the idea that the bible states water was one of the first things created when in fact
    hydrogen and oxygen, are among the most abundant elements in the universe.

33. Post #393
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,463 Posts
    How do i know that you're "big bang" evidence isn't just a bunch of bullshit that you don't understand, and even if you do, how do you know it's not a lie?
    Because a guy with a beard who walks around in a night robe and magically heals people is more evidence than science.

34. Post #394
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,204 Posts
    The only reason i don't have evidence is because whenever i reference the bible/torah WHICH IS TAUGHT IN SCHOOLS

Background radiation.

35. Post #395
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    7,687 Posts

Because the Torah/Bible is a fucking story. Evidence of the Big-Bang is multiple formulas theorized along with visual evidence from radiation from the big-bang just recently reaching telescopes.

Edited:

Background radiation.
    Yeah this.

36. Post #396
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,463 Posts
    Burning hydrogen causes the formation of water. H2 + O2 --> 2H2O
    You cannot just hold a candle to hydrogen and oxygen and get water, we're talking about massive energy to form the amount of water we have on Earth.

37. Post #397
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,204 Posts
    Billiam challenged the idea that the bible states water was one of the first things created when in fact
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abundan...mical_elements

True. Currently anyway. At the time of the big bang, hydrogen was the first element to exist, but nitrogen came before oxygen, which pretty much fucks over your idea that the first thing to form was H2O. Moreover, even if it was, it doesn't prove anything.

38. Post #398
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    7,687 Posts
    Okay? The universe wasn't created in a week, women weren't conceived from a rib.

39. Post #399
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,204 Posts
    You cannot just hold a candle to hydrogen and oxygen and get water, we're talking about massive energy to form the amount of water we have on Earth.
    How about just a massive amount of oxygen and hydrogen? Remember the Hindenburg? Yeah. It ran out of hydrogen to burn eventually, and the air isn't even over 50% Oxygen.

Edited:

That's because it isn't scientific evidence, there is absolutely nothing testable/repeatable about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

40. Post #400
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,463 Posts
    How about just a massive amount of oxygen and hydrogen? Remember the Hindenburg? Yeah. It ran out of hydrogen to burn eventually, and the air isn't even over 50% Oxygen.
    Yup, that one huge explosion and massive amounts of hydrogen maybe created a gallon of water. Compare that to the Earths water supply.