1. Post #481
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,437 Posts
    i really wish people would be civil about this and not withhold the peoples' inalienable rights. I find it so sad that we're still having to deal with this shit. If you don't believe homosexuality is right for you then don't be gay.

2. Post #482
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    11,608 Posts
    who told you to post?

Edited:

We all do

Edited:

I don't take the civil liberties away from people because of a tired old book.

You know, there are plenty atheists that don't support gay marriage, blaming it on a religion is just ignorant.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

3. Post #483
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    7,687 Posts
    You know, there are plenty atheists that don't support gay marriage, blaming it on a religion is just ignorant.
    And it's ignorant to say religion didn't have a big part in this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #484
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    3,353 Posts
    homosexuals have the emotional and sexual inhibition of animals
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #485
    May 2009
    3,407 Posts
    like who?

6. Post #486
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    2,792 Posts
    Man, don't get so down on yourself.
    I guess you're saying that homosexuals have the emotional and sexual inhibition of animals?
    Yes, homosexuals have the emotional and sexual inhibition of other people and by definition we are animals.
    At any rate, I don't see any reason to inhibit my libido any more than I already do.

7. Post #487
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    2,586 Posts
    Please hear this out!

There was a reason Brown VS Board of Education wasn't "Proposition 118"
    This is what happens when we let people vote on civil rights.

Anyways this is my argument against this:

1) Our constitution gives us Freedom of Religious Expression
    - This also implies Freedom FROM Religion (No prayer in schools, no Creationism etc)

2) The only reason against gay marriage that is valid is on religious grounds
    - There are a few sketchy claims about gays being worse parents but that's irrelevant since unmarried gays can still adopt children.

3) Therefore, it is UNCONSTITUTIONAL to discriminate on people based on religious grounds.

FUCKING BULLSHIT MAINE.

8. Post #488
    September 2008
    918 Posts
    That is fucking pathetic. Just looking at all those little shits cheering and acting like they won something makes me want to punch every one of those assholes. Bunch of arrogant tools.
    How could such blatant bigotry still have that large of an impact on shit in modern times.

Also, this is relevant

9. Post #489
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    3,003 Posts
    I've honestly never seen one in my life
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #490
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    1,920 Posts
    I've honestly never seen one in my life
    At least I can provide proof of the exact opposite.

11. Post #491
    July 2009
    2,146 Posts
    The will of the minority shall never be forced upon the majority.

In short, everything happened like it was supposed to.

But the people who voted to repeal are idiots.

Edited:

Also, please stop blaming religion. I fully support gay marrige and gay rights. I'm a Christian as well, so just know that only the idiots voted to repeal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #492
    May 2009
    3,407 Posts

Edited:

Also, please stop blaming religion. I fully support gay marrige and gay rights. I'm a Christian as well, so just know that only the idiots voted to repeal.
    Your bible disagrees with you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #493
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    2,921 Posts
    They are not the idiots of Christianity if they are following the teachings of their religion to the letter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #494
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    2,586 Posts

Edited:

There are all sorts of Christians, and I am glad you support gay marriage, but the majority behind Prop 8 was a religious group, and the mobilization to do this was a religious group too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #495
    July 2009
    2,146 Posts
    Your bible disagrees with you.
    wtf is wrong with you? I can practice my religion however I see fit.

Also at 2 guys above me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #496
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    2,586 Posts

Also at the guy above me.
    How about you give me one reason that is against gay marriage that is proven and not religious? (Since you can't prove religion we will count them as proven)

17. Post #497
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,333 Posts

Also at 2 guys above me.
    just ignore everything you don't personally like in your magic book that tells you all the answers in life

you know better than the god you claim to believe in!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #498
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    1,920 Posts
    just ignore everything you don't personally like in your magic book that tells you all the answers in life

you know better than the god you claim to believe in!
    I already addressed every point having to do with the bible supposedly disagreeing with homosexuality.

Go back further in the thread.

19. Post #499
    May 2009
    3,407 Posts

Also at 2 guys above me.
    If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

20. Post #500
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,333 Posts
    I already addressed every point having to do with the bible supposedly disagreeing with homosexuality.

Go back further in the thread.
    i don't give half a fuck about your point you made in some whitenoise post pages ago
    if you have an argument feel free to make it though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #501
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,566 Posts
    We need a big gay army to attack Maine. It would be funny seeing the gays win and getting their rights that they should have.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #502
    August 2009
    599 Posts
    Seriously, people who say homosexuality is a sin, or believe there is something in the bible going against gays. Just fuck off, read the bible for a change. If you want the tl;dr version, just go here: http://www.soulforce.org/article/hom...-gay-christian
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #503
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2006
    6,626 Posts
    They are not the idiots of Christianity if they are following the teachings of their religion to the letter.
    they aren't though

if they were following the teachings of their religion to the letter, they would never eat shellfish (Leviticus 11:11) and the women would sacrifice a pair of pigeons at the end of each menstrual period (Leviticus 15:29-30)

24. Post #504
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    1,920 Posts
    i don't give half a fuck about your point you made in some whitenoise post pages ago
    if you have an argument feel free to make it though.
    It doesn't even say that.

If you're a christian, and you actually understand with the bible says, you know that new testament laws override old testament laws.

The only thing in the new testament that mentions anything remotely homosexual related is just a small snippet that mentions sodomy next to thieves and liars. Last time I checked, you don't have to be gay to commit sodomy. So why are all these religious groups bitching? Because they're ass backwards rednecks who can't read. If they want to follow old testament law, every time their kids talk back, they need to take them out and stone them to death or they'll go to hell.

As for Maine, I'd have to say that's exceptionally unexpected, like prop 8 passing in California. Issues like this can't be voted on. It's unthinkable that they would vote over people's rights.

I'll just repost it I guess... I don't see what else you're expecting me to do.

25. Post #505
    May 2009
    3,407 Posts
    uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

no

26. Post #506
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,333 Posts
    I'll just repost it I guess... I don't see what else you're expecting me to do.
    ok, first of all new testament laws do not "pverride" old testament laws
    here's some quotes from the new testament to back this up

“For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 5:18-19 RSV)

"It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid." (Luke 16:17 NAB)

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place." (Matthew 5:17 NAB)

"Know this first of all, that there is no prophecy of scripture that is a matter of personal interpretation, for no prophecy ever came through human will; but rather human beings moved by the holy Spirit spoke under the influence of God." (2 Peter 20-21 NAB)

“Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law" (John7:19) and “For the law was given by Moses,..." (John 1:17).

“...the scripture cannot be broken.” --Jesus Christ, John 10:35

and the new testament doesn't need to mention homosexuality, it was mentioned in the old, which is fact. praise jesus my friend, it is not too late to repent

27. Post #507
    Moo
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    July 2005
    934 Posts

“For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 5:18-19 RSV)

"It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid." (Luke 16:17 NAB)

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place." (Matthew 5:17 NAB)

"Know this first of all, that there is no prophecy of scripture that is a matter of personal interpretation, for no prophecy ever came through human will; but rather human beings moved by the holy Spirit spoke under the influence of God." (2 Peter 20-21 NAB)

“Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law" (John7:19) and “For the law was given by Moses,..." (John 1:17).

and the new testament doesn't need to mention homosexuality, it was mentioned in the old, which is fact. praise jesus my friend, it is not too late to repent
    hi

28. Post #508
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    1,920 Posts

If you want to argue that, then Christians better start stoning everyone to death and killing anyone who works on the sabbath. And if they don't, I don't see why you think it's such a crime for them to be accepting of homosexuality.

29. Post #509
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,333 Posts
    If you want to argue that, then Christians better start stoning everyone to death and killing anyone who works on the sabbath.
    ok, as long as we agree that you were wrong and don't actually understand your own religion

30. Post #510
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    1,920 Posts
    ok, as long as we agree that you were wrong and don't actually understand your own religion
    It's not my religion.

31. Post #511
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,333 Posts
    It's not my religion.
    even better!
    no shame in not understanding a religion you don't believe in :)

32. Post #512
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,117 Posts
    It's not my religion.
    Curious, then why is your avatar one of an extremely religious person?

33. Post #513
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2006
    6,626 Posts
    yo stop bickering

can we all agree that anyone who seeks to deprive homosexuals of marriage rights is human filth whose opinions should be shouted down in a united chorus of good sense?

Edited:

funny that an Eskimo should ask that question

34. Post #514
    May 2009
    1,130 Posts
    Good, one less faggot state.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

35. Post #515
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    1,920 Posts
    It's a picture of anime ned flanders looking like a pedo.

I find it amusing.

OH GOD NO MY AVATAR

36. Post #516
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    826 Posts
    everyone posting is getting avatars of famous people from the 90s

37. Post #517
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    1,920 Posts
    everyone posting is getting avatars of famous people from the 90s
    I just changed mine from hoff to vanilla ice.

38. Post #518
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    826 Posts
    my point still stands

39. Post #519
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2006
    6,626 Posts
    Good, one less faggot state.
    please drown in a pool of your own semen