1. Post #641
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,534 Posts
    Meanwhile, here in Virginia sex outside of wedlock is still a crime.

God bless you, Virginia.
    I'm going to move there straight away.

Goddamn devil worshippers here allow gays to marry nationwide. This entire country is doomed to hell!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #642
    Why does everyone say this? This is part of being a democracy.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyranny_of_the_majority
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #643
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,534 Posts
    What are they so happy about?
    They get to oppress others. Wouldn't you be happy if you could grind your heel into the back of the heads of thousands of people?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #644
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,569 Posts
    As long as gay couples aren't allowed to have children It's ok. Now, before everyone starts screaming ''Homophobe!'' - even if you are gay, you must agree that growing up with gay parents isn't going to make your social life better.

Just think of the children.
    I'm gay and I don't agree. You'll get insulted in school for anything. Being gay would be the least of a person's problems if he was a socially awkward nerd in high-school.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #645
    August 2007
    565 Posts
    Gottah' love it when we get legislation based on religious bigotry. As I recall, there is a separation between church and state; making a law based on religion tears down that separation. Besides, who THE FUCK cares? It's not like it really effects any one of us straight people, now is it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #646
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,811 Posts
    Delete all posts previous to this ^ one and close the thread. We have a winner ;)

I love how people say it's democracy, regardless of the retrospect that 53% of people just took away a right of 5% of the population, even though the right in question does not affect them in the slightest way.

"Democracy"... Tell that to the other 47% of people that voted against the bill, suddenly their opinions and wishes aren't worth shit all because a few more people voted against them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #647
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,386 Posts
    The people are fucking assholes.
    The people are advocating for a good cause and for their religion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #648
    Gold Member

November 2007
    4,615 Posts
    oh god, it's you again. How does it feel distorting a book of love and tolerance into a book of hate and discrimination? It's people like you the reason why we can't say we're Christians without people mocking us.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #649
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,821 Posts
    How is it a good cause? And why should the government allow their religion to influence the lives of other people?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #650
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    11,628 Posts
    So what's in Virginia anyway?

We've got tons of trees, Christmas trees, and a caldera lake.

In Oregon that is.
    Lurey caverns, beautiful mountains, shit stained richmond, North Virginian assholes.

Thats about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

11. Post #651
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,386 Posts
    How is it a good cause? And why should the government allow their religion to influence the lives of other people?
    It's called democracy. The people influence the decisions (some of the time at least), and their beliefs affect their influence.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #652
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,135 Posts
    Gottah' love it when we get legislation based on religious bigotry. As I recall, there is a separation between church and state; making a law based on religion tears down that separation. Besides, who THE FUCK cares? It's not like it really effects any one of us straight people, now is it?
    Does that mean that because I'm a straight white male I shouldn't care about the rights of anyone who's gay, non-white or female? That's fucking pathetic!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

13. Post #653
    May 2009
    3,407 Posts
    sieg heil

Edited:

are you a troll? I bet you are
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #654
    Gold Member

November 2007
    4,615 Posts
    It's called democracy. The people influence the decisions (some of the time at least), and their beliefs affect their influence.
    lets vote to ban every religion except Christianity.

its democracy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #655
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,386 Posts
    oh god, it's you again. How does it feel distorting a book of love and tolerance into a book of hate and discrimination? It's people like you the reason why we can't say we're Christians without people mocking us.
    I'm not Christian by religion, so don't bring up that whole "you give other Christians a bad name" crap.

I'm not distorting the Bible, and in fact, I think it says somewhere about a man and a woman only marrying, and says nothing about other types of couples.

16. Post #656

its democracy.
    Not really. Ever hear of separation of church and state?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #657
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,386 Posts

its democracy.
    That's a national religious issue, not societal.

This was a societal-type issue, and the people had a right to vote.

18. Post #658
    Lurey caverns, beautiful mountains, shit stained richmond, North Virginian assholes.

Thats about it.
    North Virginia is amazing and you know it.

The only reason we seem like assholes is because we mock everyone else.

19. Post #659
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,135 Posts
    I'm not Christian by religion, so don't bring up that whole "you give other Christians a bad name" crap.

I'm not distorting the Bible, and in fact, I think it says somewhere about a man and a woman only marrying, and says nothing about other types of couples.
    It also says that slavery is ok (as long as the slaves are from a "neighbouring land") and that the punishment for adultery is death by stoning. Shall I keep going?

20. Post #660
    Gold Member

November 2007
    4,615 Posts

ok then, what ar you

The bible also says that God is alone, the only one to judge anyone. Also says you should love everyone, preach love, and not spread intolerance.

Edited:

That's a national religious issue, not societal.

This was a societal-type issue, and the people had a right to vote.
    lets vote to ban black-on-white marriage

its democracy

21. Post #661

No, it says for a man to lie with another man as he would a woman is an abomination (or detestable).

22. Post #662
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,135 Posts
    ok then, what ar you

The bible also says that God is alone, the only one to judge anyone. Also says you should love everyone, preach love, and not spread intolerance.

Edited:

lets vote to ban black-on-white marriage

its democracy
    Let's vote to ban democracy and turn the USA into a theocracy instead

its democracy (unless the vote passes)

23. Post #663
    October 2009
    863 Posts

24. Post #664
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,386 Posts
    It also says that slavery is ok (as long as the slaves are from a "neighbouring land") and that the punishment for adultery is death by stoning. Shall I keep going?
    So because 2 things are wrong in your opinion, that means what the Bible said on this is irrelevant?

25. Post #665
    October 2009
    863 Posts
    More facepalms

26. Post #666
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,135 Posts
    So because 2 things are wrong in your opinion, that means what the Bible said on this is irrelevant?
    I meant that if you agree with the bible on this, why not the two things I said?

27. Post #667
    October 2009
    863 Posts
    Because

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #668
    Gold Member

November 2007
    4,615 Posts
    The fuck?

Oh wait, I forgot, it's Gmod_Fan77, who thinks gay sex is just as bad as murder or thievery.

29. Post #669
    October 2009
    863 Posts
    Don't worry, his opinion is wrong.

30. Post #670
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,135 Posts
    Don't worry, his opinion is wrong.
    That video made my day, a 2:20 HD video of "YOUR OPINION IS WRONG" flashing on the screen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #671
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    7,687 Posts
    You have the reading comprehension of a rock covered in googly-eyes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

32. Post #672
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,135 Posts
    You have the reading comprehension of a rock covered in googly-eyes.
    You just insulted googly-eyed rocks everywhere my friend...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #673
    October 2009
    863 Posts
    That video made my day, a 2:20 HD video of "YOUR OPINION IS WRONG" flashing on the screen.
    Im trying to send a message.

This retard is like "So, if tou dont agree with me, why do you agree with the bible?" And im like "Because your opinion is wrong."

Get it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #674
    May 2009
    3,407 Posts
    holy shit he's serious

35. Post #675
    October 2009
    863 Posts
    Dont worry, his opinion is wrong!

36. Post #676
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,135 Posts
    Im trying to send a message.

This retard is like "So, if tou dont agree with me, why do you agree with the bible?" And im like "Because your opinion is wrong."

Get it?
    I was actually saying something more like "So, if you don't agree with these two biblical rules, why agree with any of them?"

37. Post #677
    October 2009
    863 Posts
    And I was like "Because your opinion is wrong."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

38. Post #678
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,135 Posts
    And I was like "Because your opinion is wrong."
    Sorry, but I can't quite figure out who's side you're on anymore....

39. Post #679
    October 2009
    863 Posts
    :iiam:

40. Post #680
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    2,627 Posts
    This is absolutely appalling.
    I agree. I don't care that it has anything to do with gay marriage, but the fact that religion once again forces justice to fail is fucking stupid. So many backwards redneck religious freaks still controlling the country, it's ridiculous.

Religion fucks people over again.

EDIT: Before someone attacks me for bashing religion, I'm not. I'm saying that people who prevent progress because of a thousands year old book are morons. I respect religion as long as it stays out of politics.