1. Post #681
    February 2009
    3,810 Posts
    oh god, it's you again. How does it feel distorting a book of love and tolerance into a book of hate and discrimination? It's people like you the reason why we can't say we're Christians without people mocking us.
    The Bible. Love and tolerance. Riiiight.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #682
    Gold Member

November 2007
    4,572 Posts
    thanks for agreement
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

3. Post #683
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    2,622 Posts
    Christians aren't all religious freaks if you can believe it, it's Christians who translate the bible so literal and take the word of it to their grave that piss me off. For example, my grandparents might pray at meals, but they don't push it on to me or other people. These people on the other hand, will take it as their mission to make other people miserable by pushing their religion on to them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

4. Post #684
    August 2007
    565 Posts
    Does that mean that because I'm a straight white male I shouldn't care about the rights of anyone who's gay, non-white or female? That's fucking pathetic!
    I didn't mean it like that, if you really read my whole post you'd understand.

Gottah' love it when we get legislation based on religious bigotry. As I recall, there is a separation between church and state; making a law based on religion tears down that separation. Besides, who THE FUCK cares -if gay people can get married-? It's not like it really effects any one of us straight people, now is it?
    I thought this was an implied clause, but I was apparently wrong...

5. Post #685
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,121 Posts
    I didn't mean it like that, if you really read my whole post you'd understand.

I thought this was an implied clause, but I was apparently wrong...
    Sorry, it was just the way you worded it "if gay people can get married" I thought you meant that it doesn't matter that they're not allowed to get married, but apparently not.

6. Post #686
    The Doctor Is In
    September 2009
    24,005 Posts
    Christians aren't all religious freaks if you can believe it, it's Christians who translate the bible so literal and take the word of it to their grave that piss me off. For example, my grandparents might pray at meals, but they don't push it on to me or other people. These people on the other hand, will take it as their mission to make other people miserable by pushing their religion on to them.
    Thank you.

7. Post #687
    May 2009
    3,407 Posts
    In Isiah, it states "the word of god is perfect" and the bible states, DIRECTLY, that the bible is the word of god

so it was meant to be taken literally.

And the bible is pretty clear that non-Christians are fucked.

so this bullshit is justifiable.

But the reason it's justifiable needs to die

I.E religion

Edited:

Thank you.
    the fuck are you thanking?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #688
    The Doctor Is In
    September 2009
    24,005 Posts
    In Isiah, it states "the word of god is perfect" and the bible states, DIRECTLY, that the bible is the word of god

I.E religion

Edited:

That person.

edit: for posting a reply that wasn't extremely dick-like.

9. Post #689
    May 2009
    3,407 Posts
    it was still wrong

10. Post #690
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,678 Posts
    Didn't god rape the "Virgin" Mary in the stories and make her pregnant?
    I don't think she prayed and gave consent to be impregnated by god.

EDIT: Nevermind, Apparently Mary was a whore.

Why do we listen to religion and let it intermingle with politics, You think we would have learned from the past by now.

I'm fine if you want to be religious, I just mean that religion shouldn't play any role in government.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

11. Post #691
    The Doctor Is In
    September 2009
    24,005 Posts
    it was still wrong
    Well that's not what I was referring to.

12. Post #692
    May 2009
    3,407 Posts
    Well that's not what I was referring to.
    uhh k

13. Post #693
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    2,434 Posts

What is that old lady doing? Praying to that old dude?

14. Post #694
    May 2009
    3,407 Posts

What is that old lady doing? Praying to that old dude?
    that old dude is her dark jedi knight master

Edited:

she'll swing his lightsaber any day :smug:

Edited:

enjoy those images
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

15. Post #695
    Yes she did.

Mary posted:
    Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word.
    Pretty sure that'd be consent.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #696
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,168 Posts
    Yes she did.

Pretty sure that'd be consent.
    god used his god powers to make her to consent!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #697
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    2,622 Posts
    it was still wrong
    I wasn't wrong, and what I was stating wasn't wrong. It's apparently wrong to take the bible non-literally, but people still do it.

18. Post #698
    I SHOULDN'T OWN A FIREARM
    May 2005
    7,452 Posts
    Really, they aren't saying you can't get married.
    They just won't recognize you as being so.
    So if they can still go get married in a nice church by a priest, then how is this a religious topic at all?

They are still married in the eyes of your God!

That just makes everyone supporting this a complete and utter asshole. Because they haven't protected their religion at all. Family values are no different. They are just doing it to be assholes to homosexuals.

19. Post #699
    I AM A BIG BABY
    Dennab
    December 2007
    3,224 Posts
    So if they can still go get married in a nice church by a priest, then how is this a religious topic at all?

They are still married in the eyes of your God!

That just makes everyone supporting this a complete and utter asshole. Because they haven't protected their religion at all. Family values are no different. They are just doing it to be assholes to homosexuals.
    Welcome to the wonderful world of blue laws.

20. Post #700
    I SHOULDN'T OWN A FIREARM
    May 2005
    7,452 Posts
    Welcome to the wonderful world of blue laws.
    Yeah I blame the school system. We need to better educate the country as a whole as to the actual purpose of the legal system.

Laws are very simple.

Does this law address a specific problem where someone else might infringe upon your basic rights?

Yes?

Then it has the potential to be a useful law. This would be simple shit. Everything from speed limits to murder. It keeps everyone safe without intruding into your life.

No?

Then what the fuck are you doing. Abortion does not infringe upon your rights. Gay marriage does not infringe upon your rights.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #701
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    2,434 Posts
    Yeah I blame the school system. We need to better educate the country as a whole as to the actual purpose of the legal system.

Laws are very simple.

Does this law address a specific problem where someone else might infringe upon your basic rights?

Yes?

Then it has the potential to be a useful law. This would be simple shit. Everything from speed limits to murder. It keeps everyone safe without intruding into your life.

No?

Then what the fuck are you doing. Abortion does not infringe upon your rights. Gay marriage does not infringe upon your rights.
    I have the right not to have gay people married where I live.

Never mind the fact those said gay people would still be together having kinky sex regardless.   

22. Post #702
    February 2009
    3,810 Posts
    I'm not talking about the fanatics, I'm talking about the Bible.

It's a fucked up piece of extremist bullshit and the only reason you don't agree with the fucked up extremists is because you ignore all the bullshit and say Jesus implied that that stuff was repealed without ever saying so.

If you actually listen to what the bible preaches it's a piece of disgusting sexist racist shit. So fuck all that "peace and tolerance" stuff, because that's something you made up yourself.

Edited:

I wasn't wrong, and what I was stating wasn't wrong. It's apparently wrong to take the bible non-literally, but people still do it.
    Yeah, and you can also be a non racist Nazi. It's not consistent with the doctrine, and you'll look like an idiot to anyone who knows anything about Nazism, but you can do it.

Edited:

Never mind the fact those said gay people would still be together having kinky sex regardless.   
    What a coincidence, I have the right to take away your rights and make you bleed to death by sticking a pen knife in your eye sockets.

At least I would if that logic wasn't wholly backwards.

23. Post #703
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    16,536 Posts
    Great thread.

24. Post #704
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,929 Posts

Huh, which constitutional amendment was that? I am way behind the times, it seems.

25. Post #705
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    3,977 Posts
    lets vote to ban every religion except Christianity.

its democracy.
    Yep, and it'll still be democracy when more people vote against it.

Edited:

No, it says for a man to lie with another man as he would a woman is an abomination (or detestable).
    Luckily men don't have vaginas.

26. Post #706
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,286 Posts

Laws are very simple.

Yes?

No?

It's called Democracy, the people choose the societal values, and in this case, the better side won. So you're saying everything should be politcially correct and "socially forward" in a society though the people reject it?

Also, have you ever thought they were just trying to do good? Not all of them may be religious fanatics, in fact, it seems none of them are. They want to give their society good values, so they tried to and did.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

27. Post #707
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,653 Posts
    Well I'm in New Hampshire, we get gay marriage in 2010, I can only laugh at the idiots to the north.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

28. Post #708
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,802 Posts

I.E religion

Edited:

Perfect=/=literal

The bible is completely open to interpretation.

29. Post #709
    Perfect=/=literal

The bible is completely open to interpretation.
    Which is why it should never be used as a basis for

- The creation of the universe
    - Morals
    - Laws
    - How to live your life.

etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #710
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    2,861 Posts
    It's called Democracy, the people choose the societal values, and in this case, the better side won. So you're saying everything should be politcially correct and "socially forward" in a society though the people reject it?

Also, have you ever thought they were just trying to do good? Not all of them may be religious fanatics, in fact, it seems none of them are. They want to give their society good values, so they tried to and did.
    This has absolutely nothing to do with values. Someones sexual preference has nothing to do with values.

When you say values you really mean "things I think are okay." And it also means that you're just imposing your opinions onto other people. When gays marry, it does not impose upon you or effect you in any way.

31. Post #711

Bullshit. Societal values do NOT infringe upon individual rights. That is the sign of an absolute failed state.
    And they might want to give society what they think are good values, when in fact they are just bigoted morons who are absolute scum.

32. Post #712
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,124 Posts
    I'm pretty sure just Catholics believe that.
    The Church where I used to go believes she got pregnant "normally".

33. Post #713
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    21,910 Posts
    As a Christian, I think that gay marriage should be legalized. It goes against civil rights and American freedom, and I keep freedom as the most important thing I have. Taking away the right of freedom is tyranny, pure and simple.

34. Post #714
    Who wants to come to the aquarium later and watch me screw with the sharks?
    May 2009
    13,172 Posts
    Which is why it should never be used as a basis for

- The creation of the universe
    - Morals
    - Laws
    - How to live your life.

etc.
    True, if the rules were open to be twisted to suite whatever need, why have the rules to begin with?

35. Post #715
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,286 Posts
    Bullshit. Societal values do NOT infringe upon individual rights. That is the sign of an absolute failed state.
    And they might want to give society what they think are good values, when in fact they are just bigoted morons who are absolute scum.
    So people with opinions different than yours are bigoted morons who are absolute scum?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

36. Post #716
    July 2009
    4,689 Posts
    So people with opinions different than yours are bigoted morons who are absolute scum?
    People with opinions that are inherently discriminatory against people who do not affect you other than you thinking them icky, are absolute scum and bigoted morons. What these people are doing are horrible, and other people are suffering because of this unnecessary law.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #717
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    16,614 Posts
    About time.

:smug:

38. Post #718
    No, people with bigoted moronic opinions are bigoted morons surprisingly.

39. Post #719
    May 2009
    3,407 Posts
    so Isaiah and Timothy are conspiracies against you?

Edited:

you don't have to right to take away other rights.

Edited:

well good thing you're not a democracy then

40. Post #720
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    3,003 Posts
    You have the reading comprehension of a rock covered in googly-eyes.
    i forgot why i loved you billiam

Edited:

No, the plurality (whatever side has more votes) does not choose "the societal values". The societal values are a collective of the entire populace. Just because 51% believes one thing doesn't mean the 49% have no effect, and to say so is asinine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)