1. Post #401
    December 2009
    261 Posts
    Awesome!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #402
    November 2007
    57 Posts
    I redownloaded the SVN, and it still doesn't appear. I can apply the com_shield001a material to prop with no issue.
    I cannot see any of the shield forming effect.
    Check that the shield model ('models/Zup/Shields/200_shield.mdl') exists and that you can spawn it without issue. If the shield model doesn't exist the shield render code will render a dome of radius 0 (Well, actually it'll render a big 'ERROR' of size 0, but the point remains).

Also try updating the shield dome while it's active (Just wait for it to hit 100% and then click on it again with the STool). Occasionally network variables will get lost in synchronisation, which can cause rendering bugs. re-placing the generator usually fixes that. (This is a known bug that i'm still fixing)

You need to fix the stupid bug that doesn't let people adv-dupe it if they aren't admins.
    It can't be that hard. The normal duplicator can copy them, just that it can't save them.

So yeah, Fix it. I don't want to rebuild everything that i made on a server.
    As I said in this post, that is a feature of the Advanced Duplicator, not a CDE bug. I can't fix it without re-naming every weapon class name to something without 'weapon' in it (Which i'm not going to do).
    And you're right, it's not that hard to fix. It involves nicely asking the server admin to switch a convar setting.

3. Post #403
    December 2008
    75 Posts
    I let the shield fully charge, and it's not a PC or hardware problem.
    I can't find any opacity setting, but i tried the color settings all over the place which I assume would have a similar effect.
    There's literally nothing there. It's just the visuals too, so yeah it works fine, but it's impossible to tell whether or not you're under the shield, which can be a problem.

4. Post #404
    December 2009
    261 Posts
    :techno:Then it's a problem with your GMOD. I recommend, as a last resort, Backing up your addons/maps, and then deleting every single folder in steamapps/garrysmod then re-downloading it, and testing the mod then, with LS and all. Then keep reintroducing your backed up things, one by one, until it breaks. Then you've found the problem. If not an addon, it's a corrupted gmod itself that was the problem, it's already fixed without all the replacing one by one. Still do the replacing, though, so you can find out whether or not the problem was an Addon. I say this from experience, because i once got corrupted GMOD ITSELf and had nothing but GMOD ITSELF and still coudln't open the spawn menu without BSOD. Then i did the afforementioned, and it worked fine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #405
    May 2007
    430 Posts
    He updated the svn since that post, now that problem doesn't exist for many of the SBEP weapons \o/
    Many? Do you mean I missed some? If so post it in the SBEP thread in Model Releases and I'll take a look at it.

As I said in this post, that is a feature of the Advanced Duplicator, not a CDE bug. I can't fix it without re-naming every weapon class name to something without 'weapon' in it (Which i'm not going to do).
    Renaming the entities would make Advanced Dupes break, so you can make the point that unless everyone comes to a unanimous decision that they'd prefer to dupe future ones without the convar change over their previous dupes becoming lost you're just enforcing compatibility.

6. Post #406
    May 2007
    448 Posts
    Renaming the entities would make Advanced Dupes break, so you can make the point that unless everyone comes to a unanimous decision that they'd prefer to dupe future ones without the convar change over their previous dupes becoming lost you're just enforcing compatibility.
    Unless you put in one of those buttons like SBEP has where you click it and it updates all adv dupes with the new names etc. I'm sure it wouldn't be easy for some obscure reason that I don't know because I'm not a lua coder, but I think it's something worth considering.

7. Post #407
    July 2008
    795 Posts
    Many? Do you mean I missed some? If so post it in the SBEP thread in Model Releases and I'll take a look at it.
    I didn't know if you did them all or only ones you knew were compatible without any major side effects =] You just answered that question.

8. Post #408
    kp3
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,986 Posts
    Check that the shield model ('models/Zup/Shields/200_shield.mdl') exists and that you can spawn it without issue. If the shield model doesn't exist the shield render code will render a dome of radius 0 (Well, actually it'll render a big 'ERROR' of size 0, but the point remains).

Also try updating the shield dome while it's active (Just wait for it to hit 100% and then click on it again with the STool). Occasionally network variables will get lost in synchronisation, which can cause rendering bugs. re-placing the generator usually fixes that. (This is a known bug that i'm still fixing)

And you're right, it's not that hard to fix. It involves nicely asking the server admin to switch a convar setting.
    That convar doesn't exist. It's not anyone of the adv_duplicator_* ones anyway.
    Please post it if you know it.

But i really don't see why you can't just change it. It's easy. Ctrl+H. Find Weapon_ Replace with CDE or something.
    If you'd play multiplayer you'd see the issue really.

Why not just make it as foolproof as possible? I mean, almost all servers use adv_duplicator. So why don't you just change it, Instead of forcing all servers to fix it?

Why on earth would people dupe weapons that they can't spawn? Besides, The weapons are very simple to rewire.

9. Post #409
    May 2007
    430 Posts
    Unless you put in one of those buttons like SBEP has where you click it and it updates all adv dupes with the new names etc. I'm sure it wouldn't be easy for some obscure reason that I don't know because I'm not a lua coder, but I think it's something worth considering.
    I coded that damn thing. I'm not sure replacing the class names like that would be safe, it's essentially just a big find-replace. It's pretty safe with the model name strings because they are long complicated strings, there's less chance that mass replacing would change anything else, whereas a class name could be anything so everything that matches the old name would be changed. I'm saying that there'll be more side effects changing class names than the model paths.
    But i really don't see why you can't just change it. It's easy. Ctrl+H. Find Weapon_ Replace with CDE or something.
    Changing class names involves changing a folder name and everything that uses that class. Also mass replacing weapon_* would change references to non CDE weapons.
    Why not just make it as foolproof as possible? I mean, almost all servers use adv_duplicator. So why don't you just change it, Instead of forcing all servers to fix it?
    Because it's not broken. It's a feature not a bug. You can do more damage with the CDE weapons than the standard ones. It's really just making use of a mechanic that should have been employed universally.
    Why on earth would people dupe weapons that they can't spawn? Besides, The weapons are very simple to rewire.
    In that case why don't you simply make your contraptions without the weapons and add the weapons after you get in. I don't really get why you're bringing wiring into this.

10. Post #410
    December 2008
    75 Posts

As I dug through my Gmod files, I discovered that the 200 shield.mdl file exists in \garrysmod\addons\CDE\models\Zup\Shields, but not in \garrysmod\models\Zup\Shields, because that second folder doesn't exist, just \garrysmod\models\Zup\Screens. Could this have something to do with it?

11. Post #411
    December 2009
    261 Posts
    try putting it in the right place. Copying it, rather.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #412
    November 2007
    57 Posts
    That convar doesn't exist. It's not anyone of the adv_duplicator_* ones anyway.
    Please post it if you know it.

If you'd play multiplayer you'd see the issue really.

Why not just make it as foolproof as possible? I mean, almost all servers use adv_duplicator. So why don't you just change it, Instead of forcing all servers to fix it
    As i stated in the post i linked to, the convar is 'AdvDupe_NoItems', not 'Adv_Duplicator_whatever'

I'm not going to be changing the class names for the weapons any time soon. For one, It would break any Adv Duplicator file made before the change (And, as Fishface pointed out, an SBEP-style a-dupe updater would be impactical)
    Secondly, if i DID attempt to change all the class names, I would undoubtedly miss something, causing a cascade of glitches and errors until i nailed down every last reference to the old class names

It is NOT a CDE bug, it's a FEATURE of the Advanced Duplicator that i inadvertently made use of without realising it exists. If you want to fix it, ask kindly to have the convar changed by your server admin.

As I dug through my Gmod files, I discovered that the 200 shield.mdl file exists in \garrysmod\addons\CDE\models\Zup\Shields, but not in \garrysmod\models\Zup\Shields, because that second folder doesn't exist, just \garrysmod\models\Zup\Screens. Could this have something to do with it?
    No, that's in the right location. What i meant was: try and spawn it in-game from the browse menu and see if it appears

13. Post #413
    kp3
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,986 Posts
    As i stated in the post i linked to, the convar is 'AdvDupe_NoItems', not 'Adv_Duplicator_whatever'

I'm not going to be changing the class names for the weapons any time soon. For one, It would break any Adv Duplicator file made before the change (And, as Fishface pointed out, an SBEP-style a-dupe updater would be impactical)
    Secondly, if i DID attempt to change all the class names, I would undoubtedly miss something, causing a cascade of glitches and errors until i nailed down every last reference to the old class names

It is NOT a CDE bug, it's a FEATURE of the Advanced Duplicator that i inadvertently made use of without realising it exists. If you want to fix it, ask kindly to have the convar changed by your server admin.

No, that's in the right location. What i meant was: try and spawn it in-game from the browse menu and see if it appears

Convar doesn't exist. You're probably using an old version of adv duplicator or you're just trying to make me look like a fool.

It'd be great if you pointed out the correct convar or a server that allows me to dupe the weapons without being an admin.

Here, have a console log.
    Code:
    Unknown command: AdvDupe_NoItems
    ] AdvDupe_NoItems 
    ] AdvDupe_NoItems 0
    ] AdvDupe_NoItems 1
    ] AdvDupe_NoItem
    Unknown command: AdvDupe_NoItem
    ] find AdvDupe
    "AdvDupe_Restart_Think"
     game clientcmd_can_execute
    "AdvDupe_ReAdd_Think"
    "AdvDupe_DontAllowPlayersAdminOnlyEnts"
    "AdvDupe_DebugWeldsByDrawingThem"
    "AdvDupe_DoPasteFX"
    "AdvDupe_UseTaskSwitchingPaste"
    "AdvDupe_SetPasterClearToPasteDelay"
    "AdvDupe_SetPasterInstantPasteThreshold"
    "AdvDupe_SetTimedPasteVars"
    "AdvDupe_UploadSettings"
    "sv_AdvDupeEnablePublicFolder" = "1"
     clientcmd_can_execute
    ] find adv_duplicator
    "tool_adv_duplicator"
     client server_can_execute clientcmd_can_execute
    "adv_duplicator_undo_delay" = "0"
     server_can_execute clientcmd_can_execute
    "adv_duplicator_delay" = "0"
    "adv_duplicator_file_desc" = ""
    "adv_duplicator_load_filename" = "kp3_s mouse controlled minicopter.txt" ( def. "" )
    "adv_duplicator_pasterundo_key" = "-1"
    "adv_duplicator_height" = "0"
    "adv_duplicator_worldAngles" = "1" ( def. "0" )
    "adv_duplicator_pasterkey" = "-1"
    "adv_duplicator_load_filename_cl" = "adv_duplicator/kp3_s mouse controlled minicopter.txt" ( def. "" )
    "adv_duplicator_load_filename2" = ""
    "adv_duplicator_pastefrozen" = "0"
    "adv_duplicator_worldOrigin" = "1" ( def. "0" )
    "adv_duplicator_angle" = "0"
    "adv_duplicator_save_filename" = ""
    "adv_duplicator_pastewoconst" = "0"
    "adv_duplicator_range" = "1500"
    "adv_duplicator_show_beam" = "1"
    "adv_duplicator_LimitedGhost" = "0"
    "adv_duplicator_debugsave" = "0"
    "adv_duplicator_upload_cl"
    "adv_duplicator_open_cl2"
    "adv_duplicator_open_cl"
    "adv_duplicator_cl_menu"
    "adv_duplicator_confirmdelete_gui"
    "adv_duplicator_renamefile_gui"
    "adv_duplicator_makedir_gui"
    "adv_duplicator_save_gui"
    "adv_duplicator_cl_fileopts"
    "toolmode_allow_adv_duplicator" = "1"
     notify clientcmd_can_execute
    "adv_duplicator_updatelist"
    "adv_duplicator_send_cl"
    "adv_duplicator_open_dir2"
    "adv_duplicator_open_dir"
    "adv_duplicator_open"
    "adv_duplicator_save"
    "adv_duplicator_hideghost"
    "adv_duplicator_fileoptsrename"
    "adv_duplicator_fileopts"
    "adv_duplicator_makedir"
    Edit: I suppose it's this convar. "AdvDupe_DontAllowPlayersAdminOnlyEnts". Why would you say, Twice, that there is a convar named "AdvDupe_NoItems" when there really isn't?

If you're trying to get people to use your addon, which is except this part great, why would you give them false information on how to solve a problem?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #414
    [B][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacos"]Tacos![/URL][/B]
    April 2008
    5,450 Posts
    I don't understand what the problem is. Adv Duplicator doesn't work with CDE ents if an Admin has it blocked? Just like the guy keeps saying just ask the admin to allow it should you need it. No big deal.

15. Post #415
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,884 Posts
    Convar doesn't exist. You're probably using an old version of adv duplicator or you're just trying to make me look like a fool.

It'd be great if you pointed out the correct convar or a server that allows me to dupe the weapons without being an admin.

Edit: I suppose it's this convar. "AdvDupe_DontAllowPlayersAdminOnlyEnts". Why would you say, Twice, that there is a convar named "AdvDupe_NoItems" when there really isn't?

If you're trying to get people to use your addon, which is except this part great, why would you give them false information on how to solve a problem?
    You are acting overly defensive. Do you really think Arania said what he said just to make you look like a fool? Get a grip.

Maybe if you paid attention:
    To fix, the server CVar 'AdvDupe_NoItems' needs to be changed to 0 (I Think... Feel free to test that and correct me if i'm wrong)
    Instead of testing it and telling him in a polite manner, you go rambling about in a pretty insulting manner.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #416
    kp3
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,986 Posts
    You are acting overly defensive. Do you really think Arania said what he said just to make you look like a fool? Get a grip.

Maybe if you paid attention:

Instead of testing it and telling him in a polite manner, you go rambling about in a pretty insulting manner.
    Well, For starters. I've asked 3 times. And the response i've gotten two of the times (First, it didn't get answered) was to change a convar that didn't exist. Of course it seems to me that he doesn't give a shit about what i just asked for and just threw out a wild guess, and then implying that i'm stupid, by saying the exact same thing that i earlier said didn't exist.

I believe that i said in my third or fourth post in this thread that there wasn't such a convar, and that it wasn't one of the adv_duplicator convars instead.

I think that the reason that i don't see very much servers using this is that the owners aren't aware of the convar and just think that it doesn't work and throws it away.
    Why not find out the correct convar and post it somewhere? I for one would like to see this addon being used more because i think it's pretty cool for all kinds of futuristic battles.

17. Post #417
    November 2007
    57 Posts
    Well, For starters. I've asked 3 times. And the response i've gotten two of the times (First, it didn't get answered) was to change a convar that didn't exist. Of course it seems to me that he doesn't give a shit about what i just asked for and just threw out a wild guess, and then implying that i'm stupid, by saying the exact same thing that i earlier said didn't exist.
    For your information, it WASN'T a wild guess. My Adv-Duplicator is up-to-date, and I combed the AdvDupe.lua library in order to locate the issue. The code apparently responsible for disallowing Weapons, NPCs and Items is located at lines 2888-2920, and is controlled by the "AdvDupe_NoItems" convar, created on line 2905, and referenced on lines 2902, 2916, and 2920. It also requires the user to be running a multiplayer server in order to be initialized (Thus why this problem only occurs on internet servers and not singleplayer)

Now, while I couldn't test whether this convar is responsible for the behaviour (As i am admin on any listen server i create to test it), i DID confirm that the convar exists while running multiplayer:

Code:
    ] find AdvDupe_NoItems
    "AdvDupe_NoItems" = "1"
     clientcmd_can_execute
    I admit that this may not actually be the convar reponsible, simply because I cannot easily test it. If you find that this is NOT the convar responsible, and it is, in fact, something else, please be sure to test it and let me know.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

18. Post #418
    May 2007
    448 Posts
    I haven't actually tried it in game, and I'm not taking side or trying to aggrivate anyone, I'm just SAYING that I checked my AdvDupe.lua file, and it does indeed reference a convar named 'AdvDupe_NoItems'. That SVN is up to date, though it is possible that there is a newer SVN I am unaware of.

19. Post #419
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    214 Posts
    I haven't actually tried it in game, and I'm not taking side or trying to aggrivate anyone, I'm just SAYING that I checked my AdvDupe.lua file, and it does indeed reference a convar named 'AdvDupe_NoItems'. That SVN is up to date, though it is possible that there is a newer SVN I am unaware of.
    For whom it may concern, these is the latest Wire (incl adv dupe) svns:
    Code:
    https://wiremod.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/wiremod/trunk/Adv Duplicator

https://wiremod.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/wiremod/trunk/wire

https://wiremod.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/wiremod/trunk/wire model pack 1
    Anyone of you NOT using these?

20. Post #420
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    315 Posts
    I realize this may not be completely on topic, but which version of RD or LS is recommended for this?

I tried 3 (svn dump on glua.net) but it made me rage, should I use 2 again? Is there a different one?

21. Post #421
    May 2007
    448 Posts
    For whom it may concern, these is the latest Wire (incl adv dupe) svns:
    Code:
    https://wiremod.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/wiremod/trunk/Adv Duplicator

https://wiremod.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/wiremod/trunk/wire

https://wiremod.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/wiremod/trunk/wire model pack 1
    Anyone of you NOT using these?
    Thanks for the confirmation. I am indeed using that duplicator, which means Arania (probably) has that version as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #422
    July 2008
    795 Posts
    I realize this may not be completely on topic, but which version of RD or LS is recommended for this?

I tried 3 (svn dump on glua.net) but it made me rage, should I use 2 again? Is there a different one?
    LS2 works just as well, possibly better as LS3 was coded in after release - and thus, after LS2.

23. Post #423
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    315 Posts
    LS2 works just as well, possibly better as LS3 was coded in after release - and thus, after LS2.
    Good, I hate LS3 so far.

Yeah, I'm dumb because a mod is user-unfriendly and incompatible with this addon (I think.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #424
    May 2007
    448 Posts
    I dislike a lot of things about LS3, but it looks SO much prettier, and there are lots of handy things like the overdrive multiplier, so instead of spawning 10 oxygen compressors, you can just set the overdrive to x10.

25. Post #425
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    1,702 Posts
    I dislike a lot of things about LS3, but it looks SO much prettier, and there are lots of handy things like the overdrive multiplier, so instead of spawning 10 oxygen compressors, you can just set the overdrive to x10.
    The interesting thing with that prettiness factor is that you're the only one who sees it. The models are horrible, except the ones that PhoeniX-storms made, thank god he made it in at the last minute.
    I use Mandracs models, though, so I don't have to see the shit...

26. Post #426
    May 2007
    448 Posts
    The interesting thing with that prettiness factor is that you're the only one who sees it. The models are horrible, except the ones that PhoeniX-storms made, thank god he made it in at the last minute.
    I use Mandracs models, though, so I don't have to see the shit...
    Ok, I admit that a lot of them are fairly ugly. But come on. It's better than the originals. Especially the solar panels, gas compressors and hydro generators.

27. Post #427
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    315 Posts
    I preferred the early, non-bloated, simple life support mods.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #428
    December 2009
    261 Posts
    Good, I hate LS3 so far.

Yeah, I'm dumb because a mod is user-unfriendly and incompatible with this addon (I think.)
    It's actually easy to use. YOu spawn you generators, all the components in your contraption, then a resource node, then link it all up to the node. Easy. OH and then you turn your things on. All that's different is the models, which now look awesome, and the linking system. You still turn things on and off as needed, and they mostly(as in 97-98%) still require the same things to run.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

29. Post #429
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,187 Posts
    IT's actually easy to use. YOu spawn you generators, all the components in your contraption, then a resource node, then link it all up to the node. Easy.
    The RD2/LS2 system was easier though (No nodes), LS3 also has loads of entities which all do almost the same.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #430
    July 2008
    795 Posts
    The RD2/LS2 system was easier though (No nodes), LS3 also has loads of entities which all do almost the same.
    While I still don't see what is so hard about linking a single extra component I can see your point about the repeat entities in LS3.

As for why the node is there, makes things easier on a performance standpoint as everything is being calculated from one place. Won't prevent laggy towers of atmosphere eaters though.

31. Post #431
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,187 Posts
    While I still don't see what is so hard about linking a single extra component I can see your point about the repeat entities in LS3.

As for why the node is there, makes things easier on a performance standpoint as everything is being calculated from one place. Won't prevent laggy towers of atmosphere eaters though.
    True, but i still find it easier to use RD2.

32. Post #432

March 2009
    120 Posts
    I really like this damage system, but there are 3 things I was hoping you could add/fix.

Right clicking while holding the weapon tool on another weapon, changes that weapon to the currently held weapons settings, eh, like when you make a wire gate, and you can choose another one and then left click on the first to change it.

Fix the health meter, for it to recognise increased health values you have to rewire its activation.

Make a shield meter.

33. Post #433
    May 2009
    146 Posts

Make a shield meter.
    The shield Genertaor has the "Integrity" output so you can use it with Wire

34. Post #434
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    315 Posts
    IT's actually easy to use. YOu spawn you generators, all the components in your contraption, then a resource node, then link it all up to the node. Easy.
    I tried that, it fucked up for some reason, then I raged like this.

35. Post #435
    December 2009
    261 Posts
    I tried that, it fucked up for some reason, then I raged like this.
    If the video showed how it fucked up, I can't get it for some reason. If so, tell me what happened, I might know what went wrong. If the video did NOT show what went wrong, all the more reason to still tell me.

36. Post #436
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    315 Posts
    If the video showed how it fucked up, I can't get it for some reason. If so, tell me what happened, I might know what went wrong. If the video did NOT show what went wrong, all the more reason to still tell me.
    The video was just similar to the rage I experienced when the weapons refused to connect to any node, valve or powersource. Hell, the powersource refused to truly connect period! Maybe there's a conflict or something.

37. Post #437
    May 2007
    448 Posts
    How long ago was it you tried? Even since it came out of the beta stages, LS3 has had several periods where it just didn't work for a while.

38. Post #438

March 2009
    120 Posts
    The shield Genertaor has the "Integrity" output so you can use it with Wire
    That's a percentage, I'd like to know the actual number.

39. Post #439
    [B][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacos"]Tacos![/URL][/B]
    April 2008
    5,450 Posts
    That's a percentage, I'd like to know the actual number.
    You can always make it a project to find out how much damage a weapon does, then shoot the shield with that weapon. Take the percentage it lost and the damage dealt and play around with some math.

If a gun deals 20 damage to the shield causing it to drop 6 percent. How much health is left in the 94%.

Yes I know that is not what you are talking about at all. But you can also read the lua scripts to see if they refer to a health number.

Or, since you set the health of the shield, you just calculate the percentage of that. 10000 health shield at 50% then your shield has 5000 health. You can either make a chip designed to take the value from a Constant Value or just set the constant inside the chip.
    I forgot you set the shield health..haha!

40. Post #440
    December 2009
    4 Posts
    Or, since you set the health of the shield, you just calculate the percentage of that. 10000 health shield at 50% then your shield has 5000 health. You can either make a chip designed to take the value from a Constant Value or just set the constant inside the chip.