1. Post #1
    March 2009
    231 Posts
    Cheif Tiger's In-Game DarkRP Class Maker

This class maker makes it a breeze to make classes for DarkRP, whether it be helping coders to get

them done without small bugs (such as missing a comma), or people who don't understand LUA in the

least being able to create their own custom classes without help. That's what I aimed for on this

project, and it's my first major release.

UPDATED V1.4!

-=CHANGELOG=-
    v1.3 - 1.4
    [ADDED] - Custom model entry on the model selector
    [ADDED] - Fix for those people who put "/" at the beginning of their command
    [ADDED] - Drop down menu for the ability to pick what team you must be before you can become the class
    [ADDED] - Class clearing button
    [ADDED] - Changelog and Readme to download (hopefully this will help a lot of you with problems)

v1.2 - 1.3
    [ADDED] - View classes button (for those of you who can't find the txt file)
    [FIXED] - Command error

v1.1 - 1.2
    [FIXED] - Error on line 446 (Max Players)

v1.0 - 1.1
    [FIXED] - If you forgot anything, it automatically fills it so no errors.
    [FIXED] - if you didn't put things in correct text boxes ( e.g. BLARG for Salary ) then it changes it to a default value.

Download:

To open the menu, just type "classmaker" in your console.

Here are some pics of the interface:

This is a picture of me beginning to make a Breen class. The interface is pretty self-explanatory.

I am currently about to enter the model viewer in this picture.

The rest of the pics are me finishing up the class.

This one is the model viewer. What's cool about this class maker is that it can be added to a game server and if a player is super admin or above then they can create classes while on the server! Now for the best part; all of the models and weapons are called from the server using datastream, that way you don't make a class with stuff the server doesn't have!

IMPORTANT NOTE: Some of the models are animations and shared models, as well as counter-strike models (ct_ and t_ prefixes). DO NOT USE THESE. I attemepted to remove them from the model finder, but I did to no avail. Just be careful when selecting models.

You can also get your own model directory and input it into the text area at the bottom. This if for people who have player models that are not in the normal directory (or for those wanting to make a class a barrel, or whatever).

This one is the weapon selector. As I mentioned earlier, the weapons are called from the server. It gets all the weapons from the darkrp gamemode weapons folder as well as every weapons folder in every addon on the server! (As you can see I don't have many as I am using Garry's mod Beta; built for fretta)

The weapon selector is pretty easy to understand; select something, press the corresponding arrow, it moves over. Weapons on the right side are weapons that will be added to the class.

Now that everything is filled in, I will hit the very large, overly exaggerated generate button

Finally, the file is generated in your garrysmod/data directory and it is named "darkrpclassmaker.txt." You can also view the generated classes with the button built into the class maker as seen in this screenshot:

As you can see, my Breen class was succesfully generated. Before that class I had generated an example class (the class that is generated when you don't fill anything in and just hit "Generate"). You can have as many classes as you wish generated inside of this file, but if you wish to empty them out, you can hit the simple "Clear Classes" button, and you'll have a fresh and empty text file.

This class maker does NOT automatically put the classes into your gamemode. You have to stick them in the shared.lua yourself. There is a tutorial on the readme included with the download on how to do this.

NOTE: For those of you who change your darkrp folder to a different name, you will need to edit the cl_classmaker.lua file at the top. Instructions are in the LUA file.

Well post comments and let me know if anything needs improved/added!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Useful x 60Dumb x 23Winner x 4Lua King x 4Agree x 2Lua Helper x 2Artistic x 1Friendly x 1Late x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    June 2009
    3,644 Posts
    darkrp sucks.. but nice looking addon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Disagree x 53Agree x 37Dumb x 9Funny x 2Winner x 1Informative x 1Lua King x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    March 2009
    231 Posts
    Lol thanks. I just made this to get more acquainted with derma, and, in particular, combo boxes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    July 2009
    165 Posts
    Wow, when I saw this in the new files on GMod.org, I thought to myself, "Oh great, another shitty .SWF class maker for MingeRP."

This might actually prove quite useful.
    Useful'd.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15Funny Funny x 3Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    April 2009
    37 Posts
    Which exact version of Dark Rp did you make this compatible for?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 15Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    September 2009
    61 Posts
    Just one question can only server owners use this script?
    because i dont want people spamming classes on my server
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 21Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,242 Posts
    darkrp sucks.. but nice looking addon
    Oh? When i play DarkRP, there is really good players. There is lots of minges, but there is lots of people who really roleplays.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree x 16Disagree x 2Bad Spelling x 1Artistic x 1Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    September 2009
    61 Posts
    Does it also come with those other models???
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 22Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    March 2009
    231 Posts
    Which exact version of Dark Rp did you make this compatible for?
    This is compatible with version 2.3.7 of DarkRP.

Just one question can only server owners use this script?
    because i dont want people spamming classes on my server
    This addon is only useable by Super Admins. Therefore, there will be no spamming in your server.

Does it also come with those other models???
    No, those models are from the GMT Pack if you want to get them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative x 3Agree x 3Friendly x 1Useful x 1Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    March 2009
    231 Posts
    Don't forget to post comments after you dl this guys :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5 (list)

11. Post #11
    May 2009
    1,130 Posts
    Oh? When i play DarkRP, there is really good players. There is lots of minges, but there is lots of people who really roleplays.
    Yeah, you're lying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree x 15Agree x 12Dumb x 7Funny x 1Bad Reading x 1 (list)

12. Post #12

June 2009
    8 Posts
    K where do you put this file
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 19 (list)

13. Post #13
    March 2009
    231 Posts
    You put the folder "Dark RP Class Maker" into your addons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly x 9Winner x 1Informative x 1Agree x 1Lua King x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    September 2009
    21 Posts
    Really nice addon, but one thing that would be really sweet would be able to add shipments :D, other Than that, great addon!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

15. Post #15

June 2009
    8 Posts
    K when I try to generate it It won't work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Agree Agree x 3 (list)

16. Post #16
    March 2009
    231 Posts
    K when I try to generate it It won't work.
    Are you getting a LUA error? If you are, please post it.

If not, follow these steps:

1. Make sure you installed it correctly (So that it is "garrysmod/addons/Dark RP Class Maker").

2. Make sure you are checking the correct directory for the file ("garrysmod/data", and the .txt file is called "darkrpclassmaker").
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,589 Posts
    Could do with a nicer interface, but good for server owners.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 3 (list)

18. Post #18
    Vegas, baby.
    June 2009
    5,241 Posts
    Awesome, gonna ask the server owner on the server I play on to add this :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    June 2009
    16 Posts
    Really usefull addon, just one question: How do you add models to the model selector?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    August 2009
    280 Posts
    Won't work for me. I put it in addons, and i create my class, however, when i click generate i go check "D:program files/steam/steamapps/USERNAME/garrysmod/garrysmod/data" and nothing called "darkrpclassmaker.txt" is there... If you could help me figure this out that would be very nice of you :P

and CodyUchiha, to add models to it, go download some player models and they will be able to be selected in the model selection thingy.

21. Post #21
    May 2009
    321 Posts
    ^ same to me waffle, i looked in the picture for where the txt file was added, it said SourceMods/garrysmod/data but i didnt even have those folders (i had sourcemod just not the others)

22. Post #22
    September 2009
    6,758 Posts
    Apparently, i'm having the same problem of having no classes being generated. I get a small lua error when I attempt a generation, but it's too late for me to look at right now, so i'll see if I can check it later.

23. Post #23
    June 2009
    16 Posts
    Won't work for me. I put it in addons, and i create my class, however, when i click generate i go check "D:program files/steam/steamapps/USERNAME/garrysmod/garrysmod/data" and nothing called "darkrpclassmaker.txt" is there... If you could help me figure this out that would be very nice of you :P

and CodyUchiha, to add models to it, go download some player models and they will be able to be selected in the model selection thingy.
    Yea I know that but what if the model you want for the class isnt a player model?

24. Post #24
    May god have mercy upon my ennemies.Because I wont
    March 2007
    261 Posts
    For the lazier of the laziers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply France Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 3 (list)

25. Post #25
    July 2009
    2,579 Posts
    Same, you just need a regularly admined server and some literate fellows and you have yourself a good RP.
    Looks nice, might try it out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    March 2009
    231 Posts
    Ok, well if there is a LUA error please, post it in here. I can't do much if I don't know what's wrong with it.

Edited:

Also, ignore the "Sourcemods" thing on my picture. That's because I was using Garry's Mod Beta which wouldn't affect how the addon works.

27. Post #27
    August 2009
    114 Posts
    ok trying to make a class with your addon but im getting a error here it is

autorun/client/cl_classmaker.lua:389: attempt to concatenate a nil value

28. Post #28
    March 2009
    231 Posts
    Ok. Thank you.

The reason that is appearing is because you are not filling something in.

Tell me what you're not selecting.

Edited:

Hmm.. that's the line where the color is concatenated... Are you editing ALL the RGB values?

You CANNOT leave the "R" "G" or "B" in the color selector. You must change it to a 0 if you want it to be 0.

29. Post #29
    August 2009
    114 Posts
    ahhh that would be the problem then thank you ill report any more errors if i get em

30. Post #30
    March 2009
    231 Posts
    Glad I could help :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Lua Helper Lua Helper x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    August 2009
    280 Posts
    Hrrrm, i was pretty sure i filled everything out, and i dont even believe i got a Lua error, so i dont know whats going on >_> lol

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    12,112 Posts
    Yeah, you're lying.
    If you ask me, it all depends on the server. Most servers, I agree, have a load of pointless jobs/addons/bling/furries/etc.. However, a few servers are actually fun to play on. I guess the lack of "5up4 4w3s0m3 $tUffz!!!10n3!" (i.e, the ability to pee) repels them. XD
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    September 2008
    53 Posts
    I used this, added the generated classes, and my server shat it's pants. It broke DarkRP entirely. Now, this may just be an issue with the server, but I would like for this to work for me :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

34. Post #34
    March 2009
    231 Posts
    New version out:

I fixed ALOT of bugs, this one is virtually fail proof. Even if you just opened up the Class Maker and didn't do anything except hit the "GENERATE" button, it would create the class.

35. Post #35

November 2009
    10 Posts
    thanks i tried this a few minutes ago and for some strange reason once i typed it my game crashed...
    LoL

36. Post #36
    August 2009
    280 Posts
    yay updates! im gunna try the new one later tonight :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    March 2009
    231 Posts
    I used this, added the generated classes, and my server shat it's pants. It broke DarkRP entirely. Now, this may just be an issue with the server, but I would like for this to work for me :(
    Are you using DarkRP 2.3.7? I don't believe this is compatible with 2.3.5
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    April 2008
    66 Posts
    What was the update? Add a changelog.

39. Post #39
    March 2009
    231 Posts
    Ok, I just did.

40. Post #40
    June 2009
    16 Posts
    How come when i download player models for garrysmod it doesnt appear in model selector.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)