1. Post #121
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    3,635 Posts
    I ordered the Intuos4 medium size ( A5 ) about 10 days ago. Expecting it soon.

Can't wait!

I currently have a bamboo tablet. It's small, gives me cramps and the looks and title of the tablet is just silly.

"Bamboo fun" seriously. Why "fun" ? Not like 60% of people who buys the tablets are 6 years old.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Iceland Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #122
    March 2010
    743 Posts
    Just got my fancy new Ergotron LX articulating wall mount with extension for my Wacom, I absolutely love it! I can move it with one hand, rotate it 360 degrees, and anywhere I move it it'll stick and not move on me. Totally worth it!

Oh, also, it'd be on but my DVI-I extension cable hasn't arrived yet.

Oh my fucking god!
    I love your working space. For what do you use it? Art? Desing? Etc.?

3. Post #123
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,236 Posts
    Oh my fucking god!
    I love your working space. For what do you use it? Art? Desing? Etc.?
    Professional 3D modeling.

"Bamboo fun" seriously. Why "fun" ? Not like 60% of people who buys the tablets are 6 years old.
    Why? Wacom is a Japanese company, is that enough of an explanation for calling a product "fun"?

4. Post #124
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    3,635 Posts
    Professional 3D modeling.

Why? Wacom is a Japanese company, is that enough of an explanation for calling a product "fun"?
    Why ? because it's stupid.

But yeah the fact that it's japanese is good enough of an explanation for me.

Edited:

But wait.. You bought a Cintiq for 3d modelling ? Why ?

5. Post #125
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,236 Posts
    Why ? because it's stupid.

But yeah the fact that it's japanese is good enough of an explanation for me.

Edited:

But wait.. You bought a Cintiq for 3d modelling ? Why ?
    8/10ths of my work is with textures. I get good use it, don't worry yourself.

6. Post #126
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    3,635 Posts

Gawd the intuos4 is such a sexy tablet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Iceland Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

7. Post #127
    February 2010
    7,899 Posts
    I use my Bamboo's touch function a lot for zooming and panning, but it's always a little iffy and can make me rage on a bad day. One day, when I've actually gone pro, I'll get myself an Intuos or even one of those fancy screen-tablets

8. Post #128
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    25,821 Posts
    My intuos 3 has two touch-strips I use for zoom on either side, individually customizeable. Sometimes I can't be arsed to reach all the way over just to zoom, but it's nice when I don't feel like setting down a sammich.

9. Post #129
    June 2010
    2,719 Posts
    i use Wacom Volito 2
    old , simple ,reliable :smug:

10. Post #130
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    7,080 Posts
    I was thinking about getting the Intuos4 but I've never used a tablet before. OP didn't really help.

11. Post #131
    June 2010
    2,719 Posts
    I was thinking about getting the Intuos4 but I've never used a tablet before. OP didn't really help.
    volito 2 is a great starter tablet, too bad they dont make em any more

12. Post #132
    October 2009
    1,294 Posts
    I'm considering getting a tablet. My mouse writing is very shitty but I'm alright at drawing. Any kind of tablet that is cheap but good for drawing detailed pictures?

Also, I need ones that can work with Windows XP

13. Post #133
    June 2010
    2,719 Posts
    I'm considering getting a tablet. My mouse writing is very shitty but I'm alright at drawing. Any kind of tablet that is cheap but good for drawing detailed pictures?

Also, I need ones that can work with Windows XP
    get a bamboo , or if you want a Large tablet at a reasanoble price get this http://www.amazon.com/Aiptek-Slim-12.../dp/B000RAHUOW
    but i strongly suggest that you get a wacom

14. Post #134
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,264 Posts
    Sup, I just bought a bamboo tablet touch. I am kind of new to this whole tablet thing and sorry for the week bump. Is there a way to use a stylus or pen? Meaning that I don't have to use my hands, but I can use a DS Stylus. Or even what do I have to buy to use the pen?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #135
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    7,041 Posts
    DS styli won't work. You have to use a special kind of stylus.

Edited:

You probably should have bought the Bamboo Pen and Touch

16. Post #136
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,264 Posts
    DS styli won't work. You have to use a special kind of stylus.
    Wow thanks for the fast reply. Ok so what/where to buy?

17. Post #137
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    25,184 Posts
    I've had a Bamboo Pen for the past couple of months and it was worked perfectly up until today.

I plugged it in for work in CS5 today, only to find that the pen movements had been reversed - up was down, left was right etc. I checked that it was still set to left-handed, which it was, and then decided to revert all the settings and preferences to default. This solved the issues.

Things got more complicated, however, when I found that the pen had started to lag. There is now a half-second delay whenever I press the pen to the tablet, which makes painting very frustrating and difficult. I followed the advice of the Bamboo help documentation in messing with the double-click settings and such to solve the problem but this didn't work.

I uninstalled the tablet and reinstalled it with the latest drivers (November 2010) but the problem still persists. Also, since reinstalling, the "help" button from the Bamboo preferences program has disappeared, which isn't exactly helpful.

Anyone got any ideas?

PS. Windows Vista x64 if that changes anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

18. Post #138
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    1,089 Posts
    :eng99:

I live in South Africa...
    Another SA'fer!

Gaanit bra!

:q:

19. Post #139
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    6,177 Posts
    My wacom graphite 4 is now 2 years old and it's soldiering on!
    I guess it's a bad idea to use it as a underplate for coffee and teacups
    I think I'm going to start customising it like I did with my maverick and speaker.

20. Post #140
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,638 Posts
    A question for the more experienced buyers out there:
    Did you buy your tablets used or new, and can I trust places such as Amazon to buy tablets?

The lower prices are tempting, but I'll be angry if theres a lag >:(

21. Post #141
    Quality Poster
    August 2010
    9,181 Posts
    A question for the more experienced buyers out there:
    Did you buy your tablets used or new, and can I trust places such as Amazon to buy tablets?

The lower prices are tempting, but I'll be angry if theres a lag >:(
    My cousin bought a used cintiq for 150$ and aftter 1.5 years it still works amazing. Though he bought it from an ad in a local newspaper. 150$ for something that usually costs 1k is such a steal.

22. Post #142
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,800 Posts
    I want a CS4 :(
    Using my beat up CS3 (the mouse is already broken T.T)

23. Post #143
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,638 Posts
    On a side note, my great mouse, a G9, just died.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #144
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,855 Posts
    I'm planning on getting a Pen & touch soon. Is there good documentation on how to get used to drawing like that? I'm not sure that I could handle it.

25. Post #145
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,855 Posts
    I just got a bamboo pen and touch, and I can't change the input to go on to only one screen. There appears to be no area in the preferences to allow it

EDIT: JUST GOT IT SET

26. Post #146
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    7,080 Posts
    Just got a Bamboo pen, it's sort of awkward to use, think I'll get used to it?

27. Post #147
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,855 Posts
    Just got a Bamboo pen, it's sort of awkward to use, think I'll get used to it?
    New tablet buddies!
    I'm getting the hang of it pretty quick, shouldn't be too hard.

28. Post #148
    September 2007
    1,171 Posts
    Just got a medium Intuos4.
    This. Thing. Is. Sex.

29. Post #149
    January 2010
    1,246 Posts
    Not sure where to post this, soooo.. .

I have a Bamboo Pen Tablet and recently the pen has just stopped working.

I checked to see if it was just the nib, but it wasn't. Soo is there anything I can do to revive it or replace the battery/whatever is inside, or do I need to just buy a new pen?

30. Post #150
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,236 Posts
    Buy a new pen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #151
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    7,041 Posts
    Is there a way to make tablets not suck in Ubuntu? It keeps drawing for 2 seconds after I lift the pen.

32. Post #152
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,376 Posts
    add to thread made by me and onox

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #153
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,706 Posts
    Sorry for the bump, but I'd figured this would be better than starting a new thread for a simple question.

I've had a Bamboo Pen & Touch for a while, and recently got a second monitor. Is there any way I can limit the tablet's imput to just one monitor? At the moment I do all my work on only one of them, restricting me to only half my tablet. And, frankly it sucks.

34. Post #154
    Cake like Lady Gaga
    December 2005
    15,944 Posts
    Sorry for the bump, but I'd figured this would be better than starting a new thread for a simple question.

I've had a Bamboo Pen & Touch for a while, and recently got a second monitor. Is there any way I can limit the tablet's imput to just one monitor? At the moment I do all my work on only one of them, restricting me to only half my tablet. And, frankly it sucks.
    it's pretty simple, just go into the tablet properties in the CP

35. Post #155
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,706 Posts
    it's pretty simple, just go into the tablet properties in the CP
    ...and? I've played around with those properties and can't seem to get it to work, despite calibrating the screen, etc. I've probably just missed something, if you could elaborate a bit further.

36. Post #156
    That Dog
    March 2009
    13,019 Posts
    I just got my girlfriend a tablet for her birthday today, just wondering about things she should know about tablets in general. Maybe some tutorials or something? Programs to use?

37. Post #157
    "some of those dragon dildo designs are pretty cool"
    February 2007
    8,803 Posts
    Not sure where to post this, but could I ask here for Graphics Tablet advice?

I currently have a Trust TB-4200 which has outlived its days, and am looking to buy a new one.
    Personally I prefer the larger tablets, so I was thinking of getting the Genius M712X

Does anyone have it? Is it worth it?
    Reposting from other thread, any ideas?

38. Post #158
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    1,888 Posts
    Well are you looking for cheap or for quality?

39. Post #159
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    12,269 Posts
    I don't know if it's an occurence for all Genius tablets, but with mine the pressure sensitivity is a bit "dull" on smaller brush sizes, so you'd have to work on slightly higher resolutions or would have to press a bit harder. Also, the build quality is a mixed bag.
    this is what my tablet does:

Other than that and the occasional twitch, it works just fine. This is a different model of course, so I'm giving more of a reflection on Genius' products in general, which may vary (Autumn has been using a Trust tablet for several years now, so that's as good an indicator as any that any company can get it right)

Though the mousepen i608 (that I got as a present) is actually somewhere around ~60€ whereas yours seems to be at a price where you could buy a Wacom with similar functionality.

40. Post #160
    "some of those dragon dildo designs are pretty cool"
    February 2007
    8,803 Posts
    I don't know if it's an occurence for all Genius tablets, but with mine the pressure sensitivity is a bit "dull" on smaller brush sizes, so you'd have to work on slightly higher resolutions or would have to press a bit harder. Also, the build quality is a mixed bag.

Other than that and the occasional twitch, it works just fine. This is a different model of course, so I'm giving more of a reflection on Genius' products in general, which may vary (Autumn has a Trust tablet for several years now, so that's as good an indicator as any that any company can get it right)
    but, the mousepen i608 (that I got as a present) is actually somewhere around ~60€ whereas yours seems to be at a price where you could buy a Wacom with similar functionality.
    I was able to use a small wacom tablet for a few days, and to be honest, small tablets really don't work for me. I like having space to maneuver. With Wacom prices I'd have to shell out 300 euros for an A5 size tablet, which really wouldn't fit me at all. I was looking at the M712X because it's relatively cheap, has some good reviews and it's big.

Honestly, if there is an 'occasional twitch' Then I wouldn't mind, because I'm having issues with the TB4200 I have right now. Pen randomly stops responding, doesn't recognize light touches etc etc.

(Also I don't get your HURF DURF image)

Edited:

Well are you looking for cheap or for quality?
    Hopefully something under 200 euros, A4 or larger active area, quality would be nice.