369 91.34%
  • No

35 8.66%
  1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,397 Posts
    Current limit is 24 phyboxes.

So yeah do you think Garry should remove/raise the physics limit on ragdolls?
    Why change the limit? Because some models just need more then 24 physboxes.

If you don't understand what this is here is a explanation

Here is another example

P.S. You can have as many bones as you want on a ragdoll , but you can't have more then 24 phyboxes on a ragdoll , bones without physics will just stay in place that or you can make them jiggle bones(but that won't help).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Lithuania Show Events Agree x 26Funny x 4Dumb x 3Disagree x 1Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,590 Posts
    I think it is a source engine thing not garrysmod thing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Disagree Disagree x 6 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,397 Posts
    I think it is a source engine thing not garrysmod thing

Nope , i emailed valve and they said that the engine has no limits

"The engine isn't limited to a specific number of parts of a ragdoll, but in our games we limit the number to 24 parts to help manage performance and budgets when designing the game."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    Modelrator
    February 2005
    4,153 Posts
    Garry doesn't have access to the source code.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Dumb Dumb x 62Disagree Disagree x 7Artistic Artistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,397 Posts

I don't think you need the source code , and didn't Garry get access to the source code?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 26 (list)

6. Post #6
    Captain Westcliff: Thinks Wales is an Island
    January 2006
    18,182 Posts
    except that he does
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 61Agree Agree x 10 (list)

7. Post #7
    Formerly Shotgunguy49
    July 2008
    4,483 Posts
    Yes, the physgun is way too weak.
    But shouldn't this be in the "Ideas and Suggestions" section?

Edit:

Wow I read that completely wrong, I should stop posting at 4 in the morning.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 18Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 5Bad Reading Bad Reading x 2 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,323 Posts
    I agree, the phy limit is a bit small amount. I'm sure garry has the source code, i mean how else was he able to make gmod with the hl2, tf2, portal and so on :S
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,397 Posts
    Yes, the physgun is way too weak.
    But shouldn't this be in the "Ideas and Suggestions" section?

I am not talking about phys guns power here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,323 Posts
    He mean the limit to how much you can do on a ragdolling. The max is only 24.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

11. Post #11
    Modelrator
    February 2005
    4,153 Posts
    except that he does
    I still don't think he does. Gotta ask him later.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,397 Posts

Even if he doesn't have it , you don't need the source code.

You can remove physics limit in a your own mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    1,954 Posts
    Sure, we could all do with more boxes of phys. :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

14. Post #14
    $$$Good News Everyone!$$$
    January 2007
    4,661 Posts
    I agree, more phys boxes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,033 Posts
    It could be pretty useful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    7,578 Posts
    It would be very useful. It might fix the problems I am having with my model hacks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #17
    Modelrator
    February 2005
    4,153 Posts
    Apparently he does have the Source. My bad. My memory failed me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Friendly Friendly x 21Dumb Dumb x 5Funny Funny x 1Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    March 2006
    4,147 Posts
    good lad
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Estonia Show Events Funny Funny x 8Agree Agree x 2Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    244 Posts
    well, while I would know how to put more than 24 bones to use.. it's certain that 24 is pretty much.. and remember: the more bones.. the spazzier the models.. so the true focus should be on how to keep a model as simple as possible.. you should consider making flexes or other ways to keep a model under 24 bones!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,791 Posts
    and remember: the more bones.. the spazzier the models.. so the true focus should be on how to keep a model as simple as possible..
    Where the hell did you pull that bullshit from?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    November 2009
    919 Posts
    The fuck people, it's common knowledge that he has the source code, part of his deal with valve to update Gmod from V9 and host it on steam was his access to it. He is also listed as a Developer on the valve Lua wiki.

Edited:

Apparently he does have the Source. My bad. My memory failed me.
    I forgive you, please accept this as my token of friendship

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly x 18Late x 1Artistic x 1Agree x 1Optimistic x 1Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    1,698 Posts
    He should definitely raise it, it would make some models easier to make/animate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,866 Posts
    I forgive you, please accept this as my token of friendship

[Meat meat meat]
    You want to kill PLing from a heart attack?

Ontopic;
    This sounds like a good idea, it would make a couple of things easier.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Guatemala Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,323 Posts
    well, while I would know how to put more than 24 bones to use.. it's certain that 24 is pretty much.. and remember: the more bones.. the spazzier the models.. so the true focus should be on how to keep a model as simple as possible.. you should consider making flexes or other ways to keep a model under 24 bones!
    link do you even know what we're talking about....? only time it would spaz out is the porter end, not how many bones and ragdoll they did.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3Late Late x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    November 2009
    919 Posts
    You want to kill PLing from a heart attack?

Ontopic;
    This sounds like a good idea, it would make a couple of things easier.
    uh meat is good, what are you on about
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    4,250 Posts
    It should of been done ages ago, but now is fine too.
    Whoever votes no for this must be stupid.. Seriously, and here is why.
    It can only do good, makes it possible to port more advanced ragdolls, fx crysis aliens, and so on.
    It doesn't hurt anyone if it is infact raised..

So yeah, voting no seems stupid to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,371 Posts
    I heard it'd be very handy. So why not? :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    August 2008
    5,610 Posts
    I support this. Having more would make some ragdolls a lot better. Like the ragdoll of Cammy from Street Fighter 4, her ponytails have to share the same bones so they can't be seperated...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    1,204 Posts
    I don't model, my self, but it would be extremely useful to those that did and it would open up a lot of doors. My vote is for yes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    1,976 Posts
    I vote for raising the limit, but probably not much more than double what it is now. Last thing we need is a bunch of shitty collision models eating up CPU to ragdoll every last vertex (which I guarantee some one will try without a limit).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

31. Post #31
    HOLY HELL MINIGUN SNARKS
    September 2007
    3,715 Posts
    Wont more phys boxes hit the engine?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,756 Posts
    Raising the hitbox limit would allow modelers to bring much detailed and complex ragdolls into gmod :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 8Late Late x 2 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    196 Posts
    Good idea, I support this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    February 2009
    281 Posts
    I support this as well :D The nicer the better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,590 Posts
    it would help with batman and other characters I'm doing that have capes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

36. Post #36
    Captain Westcliff: Thinks Wales is an Island
    January 2006
    18,182 Posts
    Hey, doesn't the compiler fail if you go over the bone limit?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,590 Posts
    not that I know of I've went over and it still compiles, but the model is messed up in gmod
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,323 Posts
    Hey, doesn't the compiler fail if you go over the bone limit?
    No, it doesn't. It compile even if it is over. Only gmod get mess up. And you voted no >:|
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    849 Posts
    I sure hope Garry sees this.
    Because this would honestly be pretty damned useful
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    diaoyudao shi ZHONGGUO de
    December 2007
    4,068 Posts
    100% support - would vastly help in model porting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)