1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    23,762 Posts
    [release]
    [tab]Name:[/tab] Sci-fi marines for all your sci-fi war posing needs.

[tab]Version:[/tab] 1.0

[tab]Description:[/tab] Modern Warfare 2 US Ranger model with a reskin and different Halo 3 helmets.

[tab]Requirements:[/tab] Garry's Mod, ability to install add-ons.

[tab]Download:[/tab]http://www.1337upload.net/files/scifi.zip
    [/release]

People kept asking where to get the models Chesty used in his pics (he combined the two models with inflator), and I decided to try making hacks like them. These are my first real ragdoll hacks.

Here's some pictures. Not all models are shown.

Credits go to:

ChestyMcGee and Angry Baker for the idea
    Ilwrath alias Nirrti for help with some pretty big problems
    Omolong for teaching me how to hack
    Proj3t_ZeRo and his team for remaking the Spartan armor and helmets.

If you don't like the visor colour, it can be easily changed via reskinning.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Artistic x 26Dumb x 7Useful x 3Friendly x 2Funny x 1Disagree x 1Winner x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,517 Posts
    I'm sorry, but their heads look ridiculous, and a bit big. I think it's because they look like they're too deep into their shoulders, and they just don't match with the uniform.
    Everything else seems good, but I laughed when I first saw them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 15Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    23,762 Posts
    I'm sorry, but their heads look ridiculous, and a bit big. I think it's because they look like they're too deep into their shoulders, and they just don't match with the uniform.
    Everything else seems good, but I laughed when I first saw them.
    Thanks I guess. About the head size, I would have shrinked them a bit, but then decided that as they're helmets, I shouldn't. Inflator tool helps :haw:

Also, the material error shown on one of the helmets is fixed now. I think so at least.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,517 Posts
    Thanks I guess. About the head size, I would have shrinked them a bit, but then decided that as they're helmets, I shouldn't. Inflator tool helps :haw:

Also, the material error shown on one of the helmets is fixed now. I think so at least.
    Let me clarify something. I had them in-game BEFORE posting my first comment, and I meant to say that the screenshot of them while they're lying down, just after spawning makes them look strange. I think I've got used to the helmets already. They don't look as bad as when I first posed with them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,670 Posts
    Goddamnit, why do people call those guys from MW2 "traitors"? They're just Shepard's Force Recon.
    Besides, the "traitors" and the rangers use the same body mesh, so since these models have the ranger skin, they're just rangers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Lithuania Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Agree Agree x 6Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    23,762 Posts
    Goddamnit, why do people call those guys from MW2 "traitors"? They're just Shepard's Force Recon.
    Besides, the "traitors" and the rangers use the same body mesh, so since these models have the ranger skin, they're just rangers.
    Ok, I'll fix that. Didn't really know the name of the original model. If a mod can rename the thread, please do so. Sorry, Simkas, and thanks for the Dumb.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,670 Posts
    Ok, I'll fix that. Didn't really know the name of the original model. If a mod can rename the thread, please do so. Sorry, Simkas, and thanks for the Dumb.
    That wasn't mine. I don't rate. I don't believe in it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Lithuania Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    23,762 Posts
    That wasn't mine. I don't rate. I don't believe in it.
    Good to hear. Sorry again, and thanks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    September 2009
    2,401 Posts
    These look pretty. Got my download.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    November 2009
    129 Posts
    These are awesome! I'm downloading these.(I'm very picky about downloads since my hardrive space is low :saddowns:)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative x 1Friendly x 1Disagree x 1Dumb x 1Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    June 2008
    597 Posts
    NPC's,Player Models, NPC Replacements, CSS Player models

Besides from those

Awesome Work
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    December 2009
    406 Posts
    Looks kinda cool. but id rather it was some other futuristic Helmet... Halo's a terrible game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    3,014 Posts
    Cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    February 2009
    3,810 Posts
    Looks kinda cool. but id rather it was some other futuristic Helmet... Halo's a terrible game.
    Oh come on, it's not that bad. Sure it's bland, but the controls are steady and the game is relatively bug free. The AI is stupid, but pretty much all AI is stupid. The enemies are fun to fight, the vehicles are fun to drive, and the levels are well designed.

It's a good game. Not great, certainly not deserving of the inhuman amounts of money it gets, but it's still good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Glod Menber
    June 2008
    6,690 Posts
    Please tell me they have citizen/rebel animations.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Annotated Reader Lapsed Pacifist
    December 2008
    11,518 Posts
    Nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    tactical bulgarian butt buster
    October 2009
    1,371 Posts
    German AA-Gun: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=855337
    German AA-Gun: yell at this dumbass
    German AA-Gun: Description:Modern Warfare 2 Force Recon model with a reskin and different Halo 3 helmets.
    German AA-Gun: at the top of the OP
    German AA-Gun: THEY ARE NOT FORCE RECON
    German AA-Gun: THEY'RE NOT MARINES
    German AA-Gun: YOU DUMBASS
    German AA-Gun: THEY'RE RANGERS
    German AA-Gun: FUCKING SHIT
    German AA-Gun: IT EVEN SAIDS ATLEAST 100 TIMES IN THECAMAPIGN
    German AA-Gun: AND EVERY TIME YOU PLAY MP
    German AA-Gun: FSEJKL47E;JK
    German AA-Gun: WT
    German AA-Gun: SRTK
    German AA-Gun: SERTK
    German AA-Gun: SER6L
    German AA-Gun: ET,L
    German AA-Gun: SW
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    5,310 Posts
    Whats wrong with Combine models?

Oh, wait..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,273 Posts
    That's nice, I kind of like the gold visor color better. :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Pretty cool. Colors look similar to the Metroid Prime marines, but less bright. Did you intend that, or was it a coincidence?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    23,762 Posts
    German AA-Gun: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=855337
    German AA-Gun: yell at this dumbass
    German AA-Gun: Description:Modern Warfare 2 Force Recon model with a reskin and different Halo 3 helmets.
    German AA-Gun: at the top of the OP
    German AA-Gun: THEY ARE NOT FORCE RECON
    German AA-Gun: THEY'RE NOT MARINES
    German AA-Gun: YOU DUMBASS
    German AA-Gun: THEY'RE RANGERS
    German AA-Gun: FUCKING SHIT
    German AA-Gun: IT EVEN SAIDS ATLEAST 100 TIMES IN THECAMAPIGN
    German AA-Gun: AND EVERY TIME YOU PLAY MP
    German AA-Gun: FSEJKL47E;JK
    German AA-Gun: WT
    German AA-Gun: SRTK
    German AA-Gun: SERTK
    German AA-Gun: SER6L
    German AA-Gun: ET,L
    German AA-Gun: SW
    No wonder why you are banned. But I'll change that. Someone just told me that they were Force Recon.

My first hacks. You thought I could rig them to different animations? The originals don't have any either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,273 Posts
    Well, I change the visor color by changing the vmt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    December 2008
    11,518 Posts
    Can I see a picture?^

24. Post #24
    November 2009
    129 Posts
    Who cares about the name for fuck's sake
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    February 2009
    3,879 Posts
    stupid question. how do I download these from filesmelt?

EDIT

ok, downloaded it, but when I open it, there is nothing there
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

26. Post #26
    Glod Menber
    June 2008
    6,690 Posts
    No wonder why you are banned. But I'll change that. Someone just told me that they were Force Recon.

My first hacks. You thought I could rig them to different animations? The originals don't have any either.
    If they had the original HL2 skeleton it's quite simple to add them on. Problem is that for me most of my modelling related programs are incompatible with Win7.

27. Post #27
    September 2009
    9,817 Posts
    Holy shit this first picture is awesome sir
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,273 Posts
    Can I see a picture?^
    Here's the picture with the gold visor:

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    25,199 Posts
    Needs to have a tiny bit more red to make it more golden.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    July 2009
    357 Posts
    future helmets with modern bodies me no think so
    they look pretty good though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    February 2009
    3,879 Posts
    really, how do I get these off of filesmelt?

32. Post #32
    June 2008
    597 Posts
    What do you mean just press the link and let it Download for a while...

33. Post #33
    February 2009
    3,879 Posts
    when i do that nothing happens. if I click the link it just sends me to a duplicate page, and if I right click, save link as, there's nothing in the zip

34. Post #34
    December 2007
    539 Posts
    goddamnit, why do people call those guys from mw2 "traitors"? They're just shepard's force recon.
    BECAUSE THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS FUCKING BETRAYED US! THEY KILLED GHOST, MY FAVORITE CHARACTER! HE ALSO KILLED ME! d:<
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

35. Post #35
    September 2008
    480 Posts
    Those skins look horrible
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    23,762 Posts
    Those skins look horrible
    How "horrible"? Specific information, please.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    September 2009
    1,590 Posts
    theyre not traitors just to tf141 theyre general shepards force recon marines (OORAH!!) but not traitors to america

38. Post #38
    April 2008
    273 Posts
    wait for the timer to end then press download kk?

39. Post #39
    February 2009
    3,879 Posts
    wait for the timer to end then press download kk?
    there was no timer :/
    but I got em now.

40. Post #40
    December 2008
    11,518 Posts
    Here's the picture with the gold visor:
    Nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)