1. Post #401
    March 2009
    738 Posts
    NOT AN SVN!
    :emo:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #402
    October 2008
    3,543 Posts
    YEAH I wanna know how to create an SVN myself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #403
    December 2008
    139 Posts
    I never liked using svn. I prefer that autors just post updates on garrysmod

But maybe it's just me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #404
    I agree with quanno, SVN is annoying. And I found an issue on the Airex Truck you ported into a model battlepope, in the window it looks like it's overlapping. Perhaps you should have made that truck a prefab and require VMFSuite to spawn...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #405
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,802 Posts
    How is SVN annoying? It makes it a lot easier to update things, which is what he probably wants to do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

6. Post #406

October 2009
    62 Posts
    How is SVN annoying? It makes it a lot easier to update things, which is what he probably wants to do.
    Works too. We can all test some parts, give feedback, let him update, repeat until he's done. Then we piss him off for a v3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #407
    What I mean is SVN requires you to go to different websites to update your downloaded things, now that is why I feel WAY better w/o the svn

Someone just needs to download a SVN program, then download the files from the SVN that has been set up, then update by right clicking the SVN-d folder. Only 1, maybe 2 websites needed.
    Yes, yes ok ok ok... I've been watching this movie a bit more properly now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neT_dUDYbhU and I'm still trying to get used to TortoiseSVN, well now I tried getting PHX3 and it went well even if it took a long time. I'm now fully used to it, anyway. Battlepope should either use svn or normal (upload to the GMod org)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #408
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    7,483 Posts
    Someone just needs to download a SVN program, then download the files from the SVN that has been set up, then update by right clicking the SVN-d folder. Only 1, maybe 2 websites needed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #409
    March 2009
    738 Posts
    My concern is that I'm sure Battlepope doens't want everyone getting into it, only a select few.
    You can put password(s) onto it right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

10. Post #410
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    7,483 Posts
    I'm not sure how to, but I'm sure you can.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

11. Post #411
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,864 Posts
    Tbh if you dont understand how to use a SVN your either dumb or 10 years old.

Put up an SVN, I support the idea man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Guatemala Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

12. Post #412
    September 2008
    140 Posts
    Tbh if you dont understand how to use a SVN your either dumb or 10 years old.

Put up an SVN, I support the idea man.
    Exactly, most the people who complain about it being hard to use are people who don't even have it installed and have read its hard to use by some fag.

If you complain that SVN is hard to use, I am here to say that it takes a minimum of 3 clicks to update a addon.

On a side note, I am positive you can add a password to an SVN, just don't do what Silverlan did and put your SVN link up for a completely unfinished project somewhere and decide you want a password on later after dozens of people download from it.

I used to think SVN was hard, then I tried it.

13. Post #413
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,046 Posts
    I fully support the idea. I just want this already!

I used to think SVN was hard, then I tried it.

Easier than pie.

14. Post #414
    June 2009
    1,760 Posts
    Im supporting the SVN idea too, if you want to support with me, vote agree.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #415
    Dennab
    July 2009
    623 Posts
    Do want
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #416
    April 2009
    536 Posts
    Alright, I will be posting updates here: http://hl2betaweaponsv2.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
    ( Keep checking for updates because I will keep updating it. Don't just get it once and expect to have everything. )

P.S. I will only post the parts I call complete... I think.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Useful Useful x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #417
    Dennab
    July 2009
    623 Posts
    thar be nothing in that repository

18. Post #418
    April 2009
    392 Posts
    thar be nothing in that repository
    This man speaks the truth.

19. Post #419
    June 2009
    1,760 Posts
    Nothing here...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #420
    Dennab
    July 2009
    623 Posts
    we demand satisfaction
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

21. Post #421
    March 2009
    738 Posts
    we demand satisfaction
    You shall be damned for demanding....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #422
    April 2009
    536 Posts
    I know I haven't put anything up yet. I'm gathering.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #423
    October 2008
    3,543 Posts
    I figured out how to create an SVN I made one for myself
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Late Late x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #424
    June 2009
    1,760 Posts
    Are you planning to put some files on the SVN?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 2Dumb Dumb x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

25. Post #425
    March 2009
    738 Posts
    I'm curious why some people just don't know how to read...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #426
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,046 Posts
    Are you planning to put some files on the SVN?
    no we're putting potatoes on the SVN
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 4Funny Funny x 2 (list)

27. Post #427
    March 2009
    738 Posts
    no we're putting potatoes on the svn
    I want mine with gravy!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

28. Post #428
    April 2009
    536 Posts
    There, now there's something in the svn. Take thoes files and replace them in the old Huge Hl2 Beta Weapons Pack folder. Let me know what you think.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

29. Post #429
    June 2009
    1,760 Posts
    Great Work! but i cant use my pc today.
    I'll find a way to feedback.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events

30. Post #430
    Dennab
    July 2009
    623 Posts
    they just removed most of my sweps and nothing new was added. all the weapons broke too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #431
    Could you also fix the Combine Guard Gun so it uses its REAL sounds when shot? The charging sound is "weapons/cguard/charging.wav" W/o any quotes and the firing sound is weapons/cguard/cguard_fire.wav". Rename the molotovs entity to weapon_molotov etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

32. Post #432
    October 2008
    3,543 Posts
    You like to give useless (and obvious) information, don't you?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

33. Post #433
    April 2009
    536 Posts
    Could you also fix the Combine Guard Gun so it uses its REAL sounds when shot? The charging sound is "weapons/cguard/charging.wav" W/o any quotes and the firing sound is weapons/cguard/cguard_fire.wav". Rename the molotovs entity to weapon_molotov etc.
    I'm not going to rename entities just for the sake of it having the same name as in the beta.
    Also read the front page.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #434
    June 2009
    1,760 Posts
    Some fix to the Removing SWEPS problem?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #435
    October 2008
    3,543 Posts
    Some fix to the Removing SWEPS problem?
    what
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

36. Post #436
    September 2009
    14 Posts
    In some cases, the addon goes and removes a lot of the SWEPs. In fact, even I am having this problem.

37. Post #437
    Dennab
    July 2009
    623 Posts
    have a box for being such a help
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #438
    September 2009
    2,020 Posts
    I am so excited about his project! If anyone needs images or videos for References let me know. I wish I could do more by testing it but my version of Gmod won't work D8 (http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=888054)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

39. Post #439
    October 2008
    3,543 Posts
    have a box for being such a help
    He didn't even make sense though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

40. Post #440
    March 2009
    738 Posts
    "I like turtles"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)