1. Post #161
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,092 Posts
    if you have to have a gun in order to take down an unarmed man, then lol @ u
    This is a fucking sixty five year old grandma we're talking about, chief.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #162
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,634 Posts
    What? I'm not even talking about that. I'm talking about the fact that when someone dies, it's a bad thing, and nobody here seems to understand that.

Maybe it was the only option, I'm not saying that the person who shot him wasn't justified, I'm saying that you don't rejoice at that decision. Because even if it's your only option, and if it's the best option available, it's still a bad option. And people dieing is still bad.
    I said the same thing in the big "DC Sniper Executed" thread. Even if the person is about to kill you, it's still a bad option to kill them, but unfortunately it's the only one. If you have to kill someone about to kill you to save your own life so be it, but to celebrate it is inhuman.

3. Post #163
    November 2009
    191 Posts
    We are not all MMA fighters with the power to 1KO people with our elbows.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #164
    February 2009
    3,810 Posts
    I see what you mean, but would you rather it, woman raped and murdered? - come on' this guy wasn't your average burglar looking for a TV.

But yeah I understand what you mean, in general dieing is a bad thing obviously.
    Not what I'm fucking talking about. How many times do I have to repeat myself. I'm sure it seemed her only option, and I might have done the same thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #165
    asdfghjkl;
    October 2008
    3,116 Posts
    I would stop him non lethally, as I stated in my post.
    Wow you would risk you and your family's life to save his?

6. Post #166
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    4,661 Posts
    Is there even such thing as non-lethal from point blank with a shotgun?

7. Post #167
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,288 Posts
    I'll shoot everyone who threatens me yeah problem solved I'll tell the court it was justified
    Damn straight.

Again.

You just know all the right things, don't you?

8. Post #168
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    10,376 Posts
    This isn't CSS, blasting his foot with a shotgun won't kill him
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #169
    November 2009
    191 Posts
    That's a tricky one. If you cock up it's over.

10. Post #170
    February 2009
    3,810 Posts
    "Here Mr. Insane Guy, come right into my house! You don't have to use the door, you can use the fucking hole in my glass door you just made! Yes, sit right down and we can talk this through!"
    Not even close to what I'm saying, but if you want to get all offended because I'm telling you that people dying is bad, then by all means, act like a jackass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #171
    OvB
    Facepunch resident scientist
    March 2007
    12,755 Posts
    Because even if it's your only option, and if it's the best option available, it's still a bad option. And people dieing is still bad.
    Millions of people die from hunger, war, getting shot, violence, discrimination, and just about any other variable you can think off each day.

I honestly don't care about a man who was obviously looking for trouble and nearly attacked an old lady. Though things would be different if I was the one who shot him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

12. Post #172
    NotMeh works out at home.
    June 2009
    12,093 Posts
    I'm talking about myself, not this old grandma. I have an M1911 for home defense, so yes there is such a thing as non-lethal from point blank with one of those. If the man was about my size I could probably restrain him without firing any shots.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #173
    July 2008
    389 Posts
    Wow, got in trouble with the law, just to continue to disobey the law once again, however this time he got shot and killed.

I say good riddance, criminals who continue to disobey the law after already getting in trouble are fucking stupid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #174
    November 2009
    191 Posts
    Not what I'm fucking talking about. How many times do I have to repeat myself. I'm sure it seemed her only option, and I might have done the same thing.
    What the fuck are you talking about? Yes dieing is bad. Stating the obvious.

15. Post #175
    OvB
    March 2007
    12,755 Posts
    are you still mad at me for making a fool out of you in the switzerland thread, poor babby :shobon:

but he was a criminal!! clearly a one-dimensional subhuman beast. let me drink and laugh to his death, bottle of red in one hand, M16 in the other. he died like the animal he was.

well that makes her less horrible than like 95% of the people in this thread

i'm not talking about her, I'm talking about the posters in this thread
    I hope you get robbed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #176
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,534 Posts
    are you still mad at me for making a fool out of you in the switzerland thread, poor babby :shobon:
    "how is babby formed"

Anyway, you didn't make a fool out of shit. The only two people I actually contended with were thisispain and Trotsky. If I compared that thread to an actual physical fight, then those two got some pretty decent shots in while you just watched from the sidelines and yelled profanities.

You seem to be having your ass handed to you here. Give up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #177
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    10,376 Posts
    Get a tazer like a normal person jesus christ people
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #178
    asdfghjkl;
    October 2008
    3,116 Posts
    She didn't really have time to aim since he was running in the house and she was on the phone at the same time. And we are talking about a 16 gauge shotgun here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

19. Post #179
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    10,376 Posts
    She didn't really have time to aim since he was running in the house and she was on the phone at the same time. And we are talking about a 16 gauge shotgun here.
    Grandma shouldn't be fucking around with weapons of mass destruction then, I call that unnecessary force
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

20. Post #180
    June 2009
    12,093 Posts
    I hope you realise that the higher the gauge is the smaller the load is.

21. Post #181
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,092 Posts
    Millions of people die from hunger, war, getting shot, violence, discrimination, and just about any other variable you can think off.

I honestly don't care about a man who was obviously looking for trouble and nearly attacked an old lady. Though things would be different if I was the one who shot him.
    Whatever his reason, he clearly wasn't there to talk. The beauty of the whole situation is that he expected her to be armed. He got what was coming for him.

22. Post #182
    February 2009
    3,810 Posts
    Taser might work. I mean, you might have to carry them Blackbeard style because they're one shot, but I wouldn't mess with a guy with four tasers strapped to his chest.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

23. Post #183
    BrQ
    Test victim #2
    June 2008
    6,861 Posts
    Grandma shouldn't be fucking around with weapons of mass destruction then, I call that unnecessary force
    You must be right, the grandma should be killed instead?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #184
    HUGE RACIST
    January 2005
    16,347 Posts
    I'm not even sure where the funny part comes in. Care to enlighten me?

How isn't it funny?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Funny Funny x 17Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

25. Post #185
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    9,191 Posts
    I'm talking about myself, not this old grandma. I have an M1911 for home defense, so yes there is such a thing as non-lethal from point blank with one of those. If the man was about my size I could probably restrain him without firing any shots.
    I wouldn't take the chance. Why try and spare a man's life if he's willing to disregard yours? This is what I don't get about the whole liberal views on this.

Sure he's human, and killing each other is bad. But why even fucking get all pissy because a criminal was shot and killed because he not only disregarded someone's life, but also his own. He knew he might potentially be harmed, murdered, arrested; and he took it upon himself to go against those odds.

It's not like he was a brainless person who didn't know it was wrong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

26. Post #186
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    10,376 Posts
    Taser might work. I mean, you might have to carry them Blackbeard style because they're one shot, but I wouldn't mess with a guy with four tasers strapped to his chest.
    Pistol taser + backup normal taser
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #187
    asdfghjkl;
    October 2008
    3,116 Posts
    I hope you realise that the higher the gauge is the smaller the load is.
    It's still a shotgun.

28. Post #188
    OvB
    March 2007
    12,755 Posts
    Get a tazer like a normal person jesus christ people
    No, Then you people would bitch about how he was electrically tortured and could have died. The way you would be happy is if the criminal broke in, beat the old lady to death and ran off with all her jewels.

29. Post #189
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,534 Posts
    She was old anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #190
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,092 Posts
    I had a 20 gadge shotgun when I was twelve.

31. Post #191
    February 2009
    3,810 Posts
    What the fuck are you talking about? Yes dieing is bad. Stating the obvious.
    Well then I'm not talking to you. I'm talking to all the people saying "Good riddance less filth on the streets she should get an award". It's obviously not obvious to them.

32. Post #192
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    10,376 Posts
    I'm saying don't protect your house with a gun that can bring down an elephant
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #193
    asdfghjkl;
    October 2008
    3,116 Posts
    This is why cats with hats don't post.

34. Post #194
    November 2009
    191 Posts
    Pistol taser + backup normal taser
    Or steel bat + taser - it's what cops in UK use.

35. Post #195
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,288 Posts
    A shotgun is a WMA?

:crossarms:

36. Post #196
    June 2009
    12,093 Posts
    Stop posting. A 16 gauge is smaller than a 12 gauge. All it could do to an elephant is make it a bit annoyed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

37. Post #197
    February 2009
    3,810 Posts
    No, Then you people would bitch about how he was electrically tortured and could have died. The way you would be happy is if the criminal broke in, beat the old lady to death and ran off with all her jewels.
    What? No. That's retarded. If you want to apply your ludicrously out of touch stereotypes to anyone who thinks people not dying is better than people dying, then go find a republican forum where you can talk about how we hate freedom and want to kill old ladies.

38. Post #198
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    10,376 Posts
    I had a 20 gadge shotgun when I was twelve.
    A 20 gauge would be kinda better. A really high gauge shotgun that hurts but is less likely to rip a gaping hole in someone's chest

39. Post #199
    OvB
    March 2007
    12,755 Posts
    You think a shotgun will bring down an elephant? I'll defend my house with whatever the fuck I want that you very much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #200
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    10,376 Posts
    Stop posting. A 16 gauge is smaller than a 12 gauge. All it could do to an elephant is make it a bit annoyed.
    I'm no gun nut, chill
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)