1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    3,047 Posts
    I just bought Stalker Clear Sky as a DVD, but every time I try to run it, it's telling me I have insufficient privileges and it does not run. I did a little research and it seems to be the DRM trying to load unsigned drivers (FUCK DRM TO HELL), and I need to find a way to fix this problem, since I can't exactly return the game (can't return open games).

I've tried updating the game via the patches, but the patches won't even run. They begin to load, then they crash. I have found nothing online that talks about that.

I am at a loss here. I just spent almost 30 bucks for a piece of broken software and I am very, very pissed off.
    I am also wondering if the Steam issue has the same problems.

EDIT: I did not see the megathread. I don't even think this goes in a megathread since it won't even be seen at all within a page.

2. Post #2
    Watching the world burn is my hobby.
    February 2005
    16,634 Posts
    EDIT: I did not see the megathread. I don't even think this goes in a megathread since it won't even be seen at all within a page.
    Search button.

Also, try right click > Run as Admin.

If it makes you feel any better, the DRM would blue screen my computer every time I started the game until I got a new one.

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    3,047 Posts
    Search button.

Also, try right click > Run as Admin.

If it makes you feel any better, the DRM would blue screen my computer every time I started the game until I got a new one.
    First thing I tried to do was run it as admin. No luck.

4. Post #4
    Glod Menber
    June 2008
    6,713 Posts
    I remember that you migh have to update the security software. I think Clear Sky uses TAGES so, http://www.tagesprotection.com/main.htm. Get to the drivers page and I hope you can do the rest yourself.

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    3,047 Posts
    I remember that you migh have to update the security software. I think Clear Sky uses TAGES so, http://www.tagesprotection.com/main.htm. Get to the drivers page and I hope you can do the rest yourself.
    Awesome, that works great. Now if I can figure out why the patches won't launch, I'll be in the clear.

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    1,818 Posts
    You should also turn off UAC, period. Just gets in the way, and you don't have to worry about always "running as admin"

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    3,047 Posts
    UAC is off. I turned it off the moment I got my new laptop (it's powerful enough to play the game on med-high).

8. Post #8
    Glod Menber
    June 2008
    6,713 Posts
    Awesome, that works great. Now if I can figure out why the patches won't launch, I'll be in the clear.
    Actually in Win7 the patches don't launch for me either, I want that question answered as well haha.