1. Post #1
    April 2008
    212 Posts
    Alright, so I know about jack-shit about Mac OSX or anything of the sort. We use it in TV Production class, but that's really my only experience with it. It's decent with Adobe programs, and I wanted to start recording my own music and Mac is the thing to have when it comes to that.

1) Is it possible to install the Mac OS on a PC?
    2) If yes, can it be dual booted?

2. Post #2
    December 2009
    279 Posts
    Yes to both, but you need a special version that's not official.

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    6,372 Posts
    1. Get an efi-x
    2. Hackintosh?

The efi-x allows dual booting.

4. Post #4
    July 2009
    6,009 Posts
    Yes. You can install Hackintosh (OSX86), but your processor must be compatible (If you're on Windows, Start > Right click on My Computer > Properties: Should give you your processor. You need an Intel or AMD64, IIRC).

Yes.

5. Post #5
    April 2008
    212 Posts
    I have an Intel Pentium Dual-Core CPU @ 2.50 GHz, model E5200?

6. Post #6
    July 2009
    6,009 Posts
    Should work. Any Pentium 4 processor or higher, or an AMD64.

7. Post #7

November 2009
    2,618 Posts
    Alright, so I know about jack-shit about Mac OSX or anything of the sort. We use it in TV Production class, but that's really my only experience with it. It's decent with Adobe programs, and I wanted to start recording my own music and Mac is the thing to have when it comes to that.

Mind explaining to me why a mac is better at recording music?
    People like you make me rage. Acid music studio is a great sound recording software.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    6,372 Posts
    People like you make me rage. Acid music studio is a great sound recording software.
    Because the average Mac computer has much better standards than any HP or Dell computer has, which includes sound playing and recording.

A proper sound card along with a good microphone and some good recording software, and you'd probably be able to get similar results.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    31,904 Posts
    Logic Studio.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    3,899 Posts
    Logic Studio by yards and miles

And Final Cut Studio
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    April 2008
    212 Posts
    Logic Studio.
    This is exactly why. Lol

Edited:

I have FL Studio 9, Adobe Soundbooth, Adobe Audition, Cubase 5, Sonar 8, and Protools

Bitch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,267 Posts
    Yes, you can. It's far cheaper - but "seamless" hardware support is going to be missing.

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    10,900 Posts
    Because the average Mac computer has much better standards than any HP or Dell computer has, which includes sound playing and recording.

A proper sound card along with a good microphone and some good recording software, and you'd probably be able to get similar results.
    Yes, but OS X isn't really going to help you if your PC doesn't have a decent sound card.
    That's an advantage for Apple computers, and not really OS X.