View Poll Results: What did you think of it?

Voters
2012. You may not vote on this poll

745 37.03%

349 17.35%

266 13.22%

111 5.52%

32 1.59%

19 0.94%

25 1.24%

14 0.70%

61 3.03%
  • No interest in seeing it.

390 19.38%
  1. Post #2921
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,733 Posts
    Meh, it was okay. We've seen the story before, but whatever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2922
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    4,831 Posts
    ...No wonder Crysis was so popular! *ba dum, pish!*
    You are aware that Crysis is meant to take place in a real life location right?

3. Post #2923
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    7,578 Posts
    You are aware that Crysis is meant to take place in a real life location right?
    Crysis was all about looks. Story and characters were pretty shallow too.

The movie wasn't bad, it just was one big 3d candy. It's good in a way it revolutionized 3d, but that's about it.
    There are other 2d movies that are much deeper and worth watching more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Latvia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #2924
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,758 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

5. Post #2925
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,158 Posts

6. Post #2926
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    780 Posts
    My opinion is that Pandora looked okay, until I saw floating rocks with vines attaching them together. How the fuck did those rocks stay upright. And the Aliens should be cooler, either some crazy-ass sexy legion of females or some crazy ugly motherfuckers. Like predator.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

7. Post #2927
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    7,488 Posts
    My opinion is that Pandora looked okay, until I saw floating rocks with vines attaching them together. How the fuck did those rocks stay upright. And the Aliens should be cooler, either some crazy-ass sexy legion of females or some crazy ugly motherfuckers. Like predator.
    Look into super-conductors and you'll see how they stay upright.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #2928
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    1,293 Posts
    Saw it today one of my favourite films.

9. Post #2929
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    9,248 Posts
    When I saw the flying mountains my balls left the building and took a flight to holy fucking shit land
    My reaction exactly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #2930
    August 2009
    12,429 Posts
    Does anyone have a side pic of one of the RSA(i think) transports/gunships?

God damn blue tree hugging hippies ruined a lot of good Vtols.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #2931
    January 2010
    274 Posts
    Does anyone have a side pic of one of the RSA(i think) transports/gunships?

God damn blue tree hugging hippies ruined a lot of good Vtols.
    here's a pretty detailed short video of what the Scorpion (Gunship) look like!

And here's the Dragon (dropship)

There's also a video for the Amp Suit, a jeep and a digger!

Looking forward to see some good Gmod version of these soon!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

12. Post #2932
    August 2009
    12,429 Posts
    Awesome! Thanks!

13. Post #2933
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    14,968 Posts
    This skit is exactly what Avatar would be if $237,000,000 were subtracted from the budget.

14. Post #2934
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,410 Posts
    The movie is winning some awards tonight!

Edited:

Just saw Avatar again in IMAX3D tonight. Better then the first time.

Edited:

Just won the best movie award.

15. Post #2935
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,158 Posts
    Yup. Got the golden globe for best picture drama and best director.

16. Post #2936
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,410 Posts
    The sound in IMAX 3D was sooooo much better than the regular 3D.

17. Post #2937
    January 2010
    418 Posts
    The sound in IMAX 3D was sooooo much better than the regular 3D.
    uhhh, what the fuck does sound have to do with 3D?

18. Post #2938
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,410 Posts
    uhhh, what the fuck does sound have to do with 3D?
    The IMAX part of my theater has way better sound.

19. Post #2939
    January 2010
    418 Posts
    The IMAX part of my theater has way better sound.
    oh, I thought you were trying to compare the sound to the 3D so I was like WTFconfused.

20. Post #2940
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,410 Posts
    My pant legs were shaking from the bass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #2941
    January 2010
    49 Posts
    3D FTW also just putting it there... IMAX aint gonna make the movie better but 3D is a good gimmick so :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

22. Post #2942
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,064 Posts
    First movie I've ever seen in 3D, worked really well. You didn't really notice it all the time, but it just gave it a lot more depth.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

23. Post #2943
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    1,052 Posts
    I saw the movie while sitting way to the side, so the experience is probably not the same. But i gotta say, it's quite good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #2944
    January 2010
    1 Posts
    You guys should see this movie I hear it's really good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Late Late x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #2945
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    684 Posts
    Apparently China is pulling the film from all of it's 2D theaters.

Oh, and so what if I saw it in 2D?
    Well, did you watch the Wizard of Oz in black and white?

26. Post #2946
    August 2009
    3,883 Posts
    Well, did you watch the Wizard of Oz in black and white?
    I've never seen "Wizard of Oz". I'm not an American. But I understand what you're getting at. And it's my point exactly. If the movie had a good story, interesting dialogues, and good acting, then the format shouldn't matter whatsoever, should it? Shouldn't the movie be just as good in 2D as in 3D if the looks aren't that such a big factor as I claim?

One of my all-time favourite films is called "12 Angry Men". It's from 1957, so it's B&W. It's just 12 people sitting in the same boring room, talking for 1 hour, literally. It's an excellent movie, because it has real depth, it raises many interesting questions, and the acting and script is just brilliant. That is what makes a movie good in my opinion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #2947
    If this a joke, not funny. If it's not a joke, Gmod is ruined. It was fun because it was free, I will never pay $10 for a sandbox game. No matter what new stuff you put in there.
    January 2005
    25,944 Posts
    Going to see the movie in IMAX saturday (turns out there is one in Holland). I saw it in regular 3D last time, is there any difference between the both except for the larger rounder screen?

28. Post #2948
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    580 Posts
    The sound, depending on the theater, is usually much better. The guy who said his pants were shaking wasn't exaggerating, at least not at my IMAX theater when I went to see Star Trek.

29. Post #2949
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    2,510 Posts
    Why are people rating this 10? It was way too long and the script made me cringe in some parts. I've sen it twice, once in 3d and again in 2d (I didn't want to see it again) The 3d is easily the best part of it, but effects don't make a bad movie good.

Edited:

If you disagree atleast tell me why.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 3 (list)

30. Post #2950
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,410 Posts
    The sound, depending on the theater, is usually much better. The guy who said his pants were shaking wasn't exaggerating, at least not at my IMAX theater when I went to see Star Trek.
    Yeah it was insane, also Star trek was the only other movie I saw in IMAX.

31. Post #2951
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    580 Posts
    Why are people rating this 10? It was way too long and the script made me cringe in some parts. I've sen it twice, once in 3d and again in 2d (I didn't want to see it again) The 3d is easily the best part of it, but effects don't make a bad movie good.

Edited:

If you disagree atleast tell me why.
    I felt it was a 9-10 on my part. Length of movies do not bother me and if anything, I prefer longer movies to shorter ones. If anything, I feel the movie should have been a bit longer and developed things a bit more and used details from the old script.

Also, I feel that the plot went very well with the movie. This is one of those movies where I predict what is going to happen, but am glad it happens anyways since I couldn't picture it going any other way. Hey, I am all for plot but I feel one of the reasons this is a great movie is because it manages to recycle a classic story and still keep it interesting regardless of CGI or 3D (Yes, the CGI and the whatnot were fantastic but I was still in tune with what was going on character and plot wise). The characters are relatable and likable enough to fill me with interest, especially since there isn't as much action and explosions as one might think. Call me an idiot, but I think the movie deserves its praise it is getting, even if the movie has this weird cult thing going on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

32. Post #2952
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,826 Posts
    voted 5. visually amazing, but there is not single original plot element in that entire film. it was entertaining, but I would't call it a high quality movie.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

33. Post #2953
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    218 Posts
    I really wish Cameron would make a sequel detailing Quaritch's previous exploits on Pandora, maybe even some of his combat time on Earth. More AMP suits and Dragons is never a bad thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #2954
    That was an movie, missed the first 15 minutes though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

35. Post #2955
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    9,248 Posts
    I really wish Cameron would make a sequel detailing Quaritch's previous exploits on Pandora, maybe even some of his combat time on Earth. More AMP suits and Dragons is never a bad thing.
    I agree, it needed more human interaction. They definitely need to shock us with the sequel.

36. Post #2956
    Gold Member

November 2007
    569 Posts
    Loved this movie.

And I think nevertheless even though it had flaws, it was totally epic. All movies have a couple of flaws.

My heart actually started racing at the last scene.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Turkey Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

37. Post #2957
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,160 Posts
    Best movie I have seen in ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply New Zealand Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #2958
    Best Woofie On Facepunch!
    July 2007
    6,165 Posts
    I can't wait for the second and the third film.

39. Post #2959
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    875 Posts
    Best movie I have seen in ever.
    I recommend you buy a TV and watch a movie.

It helps to see more than one movie before saying that movie is the best.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #2960
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    7,152 Posts
    A friend of mine watched it for an hour, then went outside and waited until he heard explosions and then finished the movie.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)