1. Post #361
    August 2009
    829 Posts
    :psyboom:
    How is it mind blowing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #362
    SteamDB
    November 2007
    11,745 Posts
    To think Valve went through the trouble to create a custom animation for one shot is just not logical. Maybe there is some way to make it work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #363
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    3,596 Posts
    To think Valve went through the trouble to create a custom animation for one shot is just not logical. Maybe there is some way to make it work.
    Really? Everything but the part where team Blu comes rushing towards the Demoman was custom animations.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #364
    SteamDB
    November 2007
    11,745 Posts
    Nevermind then
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Show Events

5. Post #365
    March 2009
    641 Posts
    maybe a command to make the sentry shoot against an invisible track?
    would be awesome
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

6. Post #366
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    3,918 Posts
    Alright someone who has already installed this please answer.

When i'm installing i'm having some russian shit with a skull as background. There's some old naked man with his penis censored, and then some music playing.
    Was it like that for you too?
    yep thats it. Worked for me but its too fucking laggy i couldn't get anything done, seriously like 2 fps on max settings (otherwise it wont render that good) and i don't even know how to get everything timed propertly, as you have to change class AND wait out the time till you respawn then walk across the map where you shooting it... ends up to be a total disaster.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #367
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    764 Posts
    Despite the OP claiming to be able to render max quality in TF2 his so called movies that he's intending to make will most likely be a load of shit and nobody will want to rip them off in the first place.
    People are so nice on this forum I love fp
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Late Late x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #368
    February 2009
    471 Posts
    WOW i would never pirate anything you guys are bad
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 20Dumb Dumb x 7Useful Useful x 2 (list)

9. Post #369
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    1,743 Posts
    Like most of the other lurkers probably, I'm still browsing this thread waiting for more videos made my people, they just look amazing.

So if you have any awesome clips showing off its DOF and blur, please upload.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #370
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    Like most of the other lurkers probably, I'm still browsing this thread waiting for more videos made my people, they just look amazing.

So if you have any awesome clips showing off its DOF and blur, please upload.
    working on it ok!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Show Events

11. Post #371
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    1,743 Posts
    working on it ok!!
    Thanks

12. Post #372
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    8,613 Posts
    I really want to try this but my paranoia won't let me. :ohdear:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

13. Post #373
    WOW i would never pirate anything you guys are bad
    Most of us are pirating something.
    Although nobody says anything about that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 2Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

14. Post #374
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    Is there anyway to make it record more than 60 seconds?

Nvm, found out
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

15. Post #375
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,537 Posts
    Someone should remake the first Team Fortress 2 trailer.
    I'm on it

Also, made this the other day. Processing might take a bit:

I lied about the processing time :0

If you upload to Youtube in MP4 format, the processing takes like 1 minute, and then the HD is up in 5.

This was about 40(?) recordings of myself. I couldn't go back and shoot any more camera angles because the save file was too large, and it just crashed the SFM when I tried to load it.

So everyone wants the first TF2 trailer? Not Trailer 2?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #376
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,708 Posts
    BLU hologram fucked up D:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete France Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

17. Post #377
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    7,364 Posts
    Wow, look at the point and slidey metal door thing... ERROR.
    OH GOSHDARNIT 'd!!

18. Post #378
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,537 Posts
    BLU hologram fucked up D:
    Yeah, when you record yourself, you record all the entities in the world as well.

Doors, CP holograms, health/ammo packs, TRAINS.

19. Post #379
    August 2009
    829 Posts
    Yeah, when you record yourself, you record all the entities in the world as well.

Doors, CP holograms, health/ammo packs, TRAINS.
    So if you timed this correctly you could technically record like 50 trains at once?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

20. Post #380
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    1,051 Posts
    So if you timed this correctly you could technically record like 50 trains at once?
    Now that I would like to see.

21. Post #381
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,537 Posts
    Yes, but they all clip through everything. Only enteties that you are currently recording can affect you.

22. Post #382
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    7,423 Posts
    Post more screenshots/videos!

23. Post #383
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    Ok i just tried to kill my other playthrough, and get him to kill me, but nothing worked..
    I made a sentry and it didn't notice me at all. I couldn't shoot the sentry nor the Engi. The Engi couldn't hit me either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #384
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,537 Posts
    Ok i just tried to kill my other playthrough, and get him to kill me, but nothing worked..
    I made a sentry and it didn't notice me at all. I couldn't shoot the sentry nor the Engi. The Engi couldn't hit me either.
    When you record, you record yourself as a ghost. You can't interact with the other recordings.

Edited:

Right Click > View Image

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/5303/poster7q.jpg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

25. Post #385
    November 2008
    3,336 Posts
    I'm going to make my own little Source Film Maker video in about 2 and a half hours.

26. Post #386
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,069 Posts
    Argh, can't get the -tools in beta working.

I can start it using a shortcut fine, and I can add other commands like -novid, -windowed fine.
    But if I add -tools, it stops working entirely.

I'm using the one linked here earlier, with the files in FINAL_FIXX_ADVANCED.rar applied, without them it wouldn't run at all.

So, have anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it?

Also, taunting as sniper is awesome in the beta.

27. Post #387
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,537 Posts
    Argh, can't get the -tools in beta working.

I can start it using a shortcut fine, and I can add other commands like -novid, -windowed fine.
    But if I add -tools, it stops working entirely.

I'm using the one linked here earlier, with the files in FINAL_FIXX_ADVANCED.rar applied, without them it wouldn't run at all.

So, have anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it?

Also, taunting as sniper is awesome in the beta.
    Try my path:

"C:\Program Files \Team Fortress 2\hl2.exe" -game tf -tools -console -applaunch 440 -window -noborder -novid

28. Post #388
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,069 Posts
    Try my path:

"C:\Program Files \Team Fortress 2\hl2.exe" -game tf -tools -console -applaunch 440 -window -noborder -novid
    No difference, but if I remove -tools from your path, it works fine.

Not sure why -tools doesn't work for me.

I got version 1.0.0.0/8, and I guess that's the earliest one.

29. Post #389
    March 2009
    641 Posts
    i just exported for... 30 minutes to create a damaged file...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

30. Post #390
    SteamDB
    November 2007
    11,745 Posts
    If you want to make sure you don't get a corrupted file, untick AVI and tick TGA and WAV before rendering. Then render them together with Virtual DUB.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2Useful Useful x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #391
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,170 Posts
    Snip.

32. Post #392
    December 2009
    666 Posts
    78% At 10 hours.

33. Post #393
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,400 Posts
    I'm wondering where the fuck did you guys get the beta.

34. Post #394
    May 2008
    534 Posts
    *coughcoughcoughtorrentscoughcough*

Anyways, i am at 96%, so far it has taken 4hrs and 47 minutes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Czech Republic Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #395
    November 2008
    3,336 Posts
    56% after about an hour and a half.

36. Post #396
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,400 Posts
    Gawd, I searched and I didn't find it.

And what are all these progress bar countdown.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

37. Post #397
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,069 Posts
    Gawd, I searched and I didn't find it.

And what are all these progress bar countdown.
    *cough* Page 8 *cough*

38. Post #398
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,537 Posts
    I figured out how to get some sort of animation going on the cameras (and possibly set up multple cameras)

1. Record your footage
    2. Rightclick on your shot and click Set New Camera
    3. Click the "Active Camera" button, until you switch to the new camera
    4. Place the camera
    5. Right click on the shot in the timeline and press Create Animation Set
    6. Select your camera
    7. Then you can screw around with the settings on the left and create animations that play back in the timeline.

Try it :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Useful Useful x 5 (list)

39. Post #399
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,069 Posts
    I figured out how to get some sort of animation going on the cameras (and possibly set up multple cameras)

1. Record your footage
    2. Rightclick on your shot and click Set New Camera
    3. Click the "Active Camera" button, until you switch to the new camera
    4. Place the camera
    5. Right click on the shot in the timeline and press Create Animation Set
    6. Select your camera
    7. Then you can screw around with the settings on the left and create animations that play back in the timeline.

Try it :D
    Sounds cool, gonna try it when I get my -tools menu working.

Got any video of it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #400
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,400 Posts
    Someone should put the tutorials on how to film/run it on first page.

Also, where are the tools link? What page?