1. Post #401
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,098 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12 (list)

2. Post #402
    SteamDB
    November 2007
    11,681 Posts
    Hahaha, oh wow. Poor Heavy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #403
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts
    Oh god what happened D:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #404
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,396 Posts
    HIS MOOOOOOOUTH.
    /caps
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Brazil Show Events

5. Post #405
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,098 Posts
    I gave up a night of idling for that D:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #406
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    505 Posts
    Someone should put the tutorials on how to film/run it on first page.

Also, where are the tools link? What page?
    http://www.facepunch.com/showpost.ph...5&postcount=51
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

7. Post #407
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,098 Posts
    Oh, what compressor do you guys use? I'm using full frames and it takes about an hour and a half to render 5 seconds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

8. Post #408
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,069 Posts
    Thanks, I can't belive I missed that, thought you just had to start it with -tools, nothing else.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Sweden Show Events

9. Post #409
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,714 Posts
    To the first one, could have just been an actual in game shot
    Well, can't the Source Filmmaker load demos?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete France Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #410
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts
    Oh, what compressor do you guys use? I'm using full frames and it takes about an hour and a half to render 5 seconds.
    What Progression Refinement settings are you using, and how many passes?

Edited:

Well, can't the Source Filmmaker load demos?
    Kinda.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

11. Post #411
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,098 Posts
    What Progression Refinement settings are you using, and how many passes?

Edited:

Kinda.
    I used default for the first video, it took about an hour.

Recent one I used 32x for both, which I'm sure would take longer, in fact an hour and a half.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

12. Post #412
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,714 Posts
    If you guys are looking for a good lossless codec, which will help to eliminate the hard drive write/read speed bottleneck, try UT Video: http://umezawa.dyndns.info/archive/utvideo/ (grab the latest version at the bottom of the page)

It's multithreaded (fast!) and efficient, it works in any decent NLE (Vegas and After Effects included).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete France Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

13. Post #413
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,098 Posts
    Faceposer hate me now. Although he looks like a turtle which is fitting.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 30 (list)

14. Post #414
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,142 Posts
    Faceposer hate me now. Although he looks like a turtle which is fitting.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l166/noodleboy347/olol.jpg

Lol, what the hell ?

Also, there's a Faceposer included ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Brazil Show Events

15. Post #415
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,098 Posts
    Lol, what the hell ?

Also, there's a Faceposer included ?
    Well, I mean, it's posing the faces weird.

16. Post #416
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts
    If you guys are looking for a good lossless codec, which will help to eliminate the hard drive write/read speed bottleneck, try UT Video: http://umezawa.dyndns.info/archive/utvideo/ (grab the latest version at the bottom of the page)

It's multithreaded (fast!) and efficient, it works in any decent NLE (Vegas and After Effects included).
    I don't think it's the codec as much as it is hard to render the DOF and motion blur.

At the bottom of the SFM window, it tells you how many passes it has to do for each frame.

If set it to render 32x DOF, 32x motion blur (the 64x setting only does 32x for some reason) and enable the sub-pixel jitter AA, the engine has to render 4096 passes or frames, for each frame of your sequence at 24 or whatever FPS.

That'll slow it down enough to make it take up to 3 minutes per frame :gonk:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

17. Post #417
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    How do i get rid of this error?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Denmark Show Events

18. Post #418
    March 2009
    641 Posts
    Only works in HD for me, lousy quality, unsynced and no voices in the beginning

Enjoy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 8Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

19. Post #419
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,340 Posts
    I gave up a night of idling for that D:
    And it was worth every second. I probably watched that 10 times and laughed harder each time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #420
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts
    Where's a good place besides Youtube or Vimeo to upload HD video tests?

21. Post #421
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,069 Posts
    Is it normal that it freezes after it's 100% on the movie saving, or have the shit crashed?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #422
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    3,596 Posts
    I wonder what Valve will do when they find out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

23. Post #423
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    Where's a good place besides Youtube or Vimeo to upload HD video tests?
    If you want no quality loss you can use https://www.dropbox.com/

You basicly just upload the file, and then we see it at full quality, that just reuslts in very long loading times.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #424
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,069 Posts
    I wonder what Valve will do when they find out.
    They can't stop us anyway, as I don't think they can patch a non-steam TF2 beta.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Sweden Show Events

25. Post #425
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,352 Posts
    If you want no quality loss you can use https://www.dropbox.com/

You basicly just upload the file, and then we see it at full quality, that just reuslts in very long loading times.
    Or Wuala, which is better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #426
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    Holy Fuck, i did a camera animation where it moved, but i have no idea how??
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Denmark Show Events

27. Post #427
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts
    Holy Fuck, i did a camera animation where it moved, but i have no idea how??
    Same. I got my camera to move from the middle of two fort to where I wanted it to end. Now all I gotta do is figure out where to make the camera start from, rather than the 0,0,0 position on 2Fort.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #428
    July 2009
    5,690 Posts
    Or Wuala, which is better.
    Is that like how a cowboy pronounces voilą?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #429
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,069 Posts
    Oh fuck, it just made a 3,9GB junk movie file in my TF2 folder that I can't even play. And TF2 has frozen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

30. Post #430
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    Same. I got my camera to move from the middle of two fort to where I wanted it to end. Now all I gotta do is figure out where to make the camera start from, rather than the 0,0,0 position on 2Fort.
    Do you know how to delete animations?

31. Post #431
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts
    Do you know how to delete animations?
    No :sigh:

32. Post #432
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    It's kinda annoying. Also all the effects are bugged like hell, i had to restart because it had messed everything up so bad.

33. Post #433
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,069 Posts
    Ok, can anyone tell me how to export a movie?
    If I do .avi, it just freezes after 100% for a long time.

Same with .tga, but it starts shitting out images in my TF2 folder.
    But not the correct ones.

I got 1187 .tga files in my TF2 folder that looks the same.
    And a corrupted 125MB .wav file.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

34. Post #434
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts
    Ok, can anyone tell me how to export a movie?
    If I do .avi, it just freezes after 100% for a long time.

Same with .tga, but it starts shitting out images in my TF2 folder.
    But not the correct ones.

I got 1187 .tga files in my TF2 folder that looks the same.
    And a corrupted 125MB .wav file.
    I dunno. Rendering a plain AVI works for me, though I've never been able to get sound output properly.

Edited:

Testing a horrible moving camera.
    (if the video's not working now, it will in a couple minutes)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #435
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,069 Posts
    I dunno. Rendering a plain AVI works for me, though I've never been able to get sound output properly.
    I can't render AVIs either.

By F5ing the TF2 folder I see that the test.avi increases in size.
    But when it reaches 3 932 372kb, it stops, but nothing happens.

36. Post #436
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts
    I can't render AVIs either.

By F5ing the TF2 folder I see that the test.avi increases in size.
    But when it reaches 3 932 372kb, it stops, but nothing happens.
    You sure you're not running out of HDD space or something?

37. Post #437
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,069 Posts
    You sure you're not running out of HDD space or something?
    562 GB left, but I think I fixed it, I shortened the length of the video in the timeline, and it actually compiled.
    But the media players belive the movie is about 3x as long and complains that it's corrupt, but I can play it now.

EDIT: Sony Vegas actually recognizes the length, gonna save it as a smaller file and upload it to Youtube.

EDIT2:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

38. Post #438
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    505 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 8Artistic Artistic x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

39. Post #439
    August 2008
    1,067 Posts
    How do i get rid of this error?
    Don't save with perforce. Also i'm having this REALLY annoying error, when I cut down my sequence and export, it doesn't export fully. Anyone know how to fix this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #440
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts

The Meet the Demo tune fits perfectly with a big Scout rush

Edit:

Oh balls, I posted this already.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 1 (list)