1. Post #41
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,399 Posts
    If it's illegal, how did YOU get it in the first place?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 11Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    938 Posts
    Stop trying to get him banned.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Dumb x 20Funny x 2Agree x 2Disagree x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,399 Posts
    Stop trying to get him banned.
    I'm not trying to get him banned. I'm just wondering how it is illegal to us but not for him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 13Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    938 Posts
    I'm not trying to get him banned. I'm just wondering how it is illegal to us but not for him.
    It probably is, but who gives a shit. We don't even have his proof yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,399 Posts
    It probably is, but who gives a shit. We don't even have his proof yet.
    True.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Brazil Show Events

6. Post #46
    December 2009
    132 Posts
    Spreading it is illegal, me having it, is not because it was designed by valve, so it's like spreading a game GCF, which is illegal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8 (list)

7. Post #47

July 2009
    3,212 Posts
    I'm intrigued.
    Holy shit I spelt that right the first time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Bad Spelling x 15Funny x 3Informative x 2Bad Reading x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,399 Posts
    Spreading it is illegal, me having it, is not because it was designed by valve, so it's like spreading a game GCF, which is illegal.
    One: spreading it is illegal.
    Unless you're a leet major hacker, you must have got it from someone.
    Who was spreading it. And that is illegal.

Also: how the fuck did you get TF2 BETA and SOURCE FILMMAKER?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    1,583 Posts
    You make no sense.

"It's okay if I steal Borderlands because Gearbox made it, but I don't want to break the law and start giving it out."

You are not helping your legitimacy at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,399 Posts
    I don't know whats tl;dr but if I knew I would use it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

11. Post #51
    Sweet Roll Moderator
    February 2007
    4,135 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Useful x 7Agree x 4Dumb x 1Informative x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #52
    December 2009
    132 Posts
    The files from the beta were saved on my computer before valve updated them. I set them up to run without steam, and i rigged it to run the tools. The video of this is still processing on youtube.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYR1Hyti5G0
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 2Informative Informative x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,399 Posts
    No, we can't.

Edited:

The files from the beta were saved on my computer before valve updated them. I set them up to run without steam, and i rigged it to run the tools. The video of this is still processing on youtube.
    You could have avoided the whole conspiracy by just saying this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

14. Post #54
    November 2008
    3,336 Posts
    Well, if Valve is putting stuff like that in the GCF, that means they're nearing completion of the Meet the Class series and they're ready to see with the community can come up with.

This is just speculation, don't get on my back if you don't agree.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Bad Reading x 11Agree x 4Optimistic x 3Disagree x 2Dumb x 1Informative x 1Late x 1 (list)

15. Post #55
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,399 Posts
    Will using the tools from the link that Daimao gave me get me f*?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #56
    December 2009
    132 Posts
    Well, if Valve is putting stuff like that in the GCF, that means they're nearing completion of the Meet the Class series and they're ready to see with the community can come up with.

This is just speculation, don't get on my back if you don't agree.
    These were left in the beta GCF by accident. Valve removed them within the next update. That's why there hasn't been anyone who have tried to release these tools or even use them that wasn't valve.

EDIT: Zuimzado, no they won't (i posted the info on that forum myself =P) but there isn't any info on there on how to work it. Plus, you need the first version of the beta, with a no steam patch
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #57
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    3,596 Posts
    Your 'evidence' doesn't appear to be working.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

18. Post #58
    December 2009
    132 Posts
    Your 'evidence' doesn't appear to be working.
    What do you...i hate youtube. I'll re-upload it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

19. Post #59
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,905 Posts
    Works for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

20. Post #60
    Sweet Roll Moderator
    February 2007
    4,135 Posts
    These were left in the beta GCF by accident. Valve removed them within the next update. That's why there hasn't been anyone who have tried to release these tools or even use them that wasn't valve.

EDIT: Zuimzado, no they won't (i posted the info on that forum myself =P) but there isn't any info on there on how to work it. Plus, you need the first version of the beta, with a no steam patch
    They worked two years ago when I tried them, but now TF2 just overrides any dll file you dump in bin/tools.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    December 2009
    132 Posts
    They worked two years ago when I tried them, but now TF2 just overrides any dll file you dump in bin/tools.
    if you extracted them from the GCF beforehand it works.

EDIT: also, anyone who couldn't view the original linked i posted of the Source Filmmaker, i'm reuploading it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #62
    Sweet Roll Moderator
    February 2007
    4,135 Posts
    if you extracted them from the GCF beforehand it works.
    That's what I was implying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #63
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,441 Posts
    Does it work anymore?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

24. Post #64
    December 2009
    132 Posts
    Does it work anymore?
    What google? Yeah, it works fine

But seriously, they work, you just need the original release of the beta setup to work without steam
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

25. Post #65
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,399 Posts
    So where did YOU get the original release of the beta setup?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 4Late Late x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

26. Post #66
    December 2009
    132 Posts
    So where did YOU get the original release of the beta setup?
    as i've said, i had all the files copied before valve updated. There are also tutorials on the internet teaching you how to make games non-steam. Google is your friend.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #67
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,714 Posts
    snip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete France Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 5Late Late x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #68
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    5,049 Posts
    Why do you use Windows Classic theme OP ? It's fucking hideous
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 5Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

29. Post #69
    December 2009
    132 Posts
    Not even Reelsmart, it's simple frame blending

Edited:

Then you just threw your high-fps footage in Vegas and left frameblending on

simple
    While that could replicate it, read the last couple of posts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

30. Post #70
    June 2009
    1,647 Posts
    Nobody get source filmmaker, it's so easy for valve to track down who got it and who knows what they'll do to you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Saudi Arabia Show Events Funny Funny x 16Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

31. Post #71
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,714 Posts
    While that could replicate it, read the last couple of posts.
    Apologies for my lateness
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete France Show Events Late Late x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #72
    SteamDB
    November 2007
    11,736 Posts
    Nobody get source filmmaker, it's so easy for valve to track down who got it and who knows what they'll do to you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #73
    December 2009
    132 Posts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYR1Hyti5G0

it's working now, i hope valve doesn't step on me

it's alittle boring, but 4 minutes in shows off some features
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

34. Post #74
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,714 Posts
    Oh shit, I got it running on regular TF2

I think
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. France Show Events

35. Post #75
    December 2009
    132 Posts
    Oh shit, I got it running on regular TF2

I think
    If you managed that, you can have my babies. What do you mean you think?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #76
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,431 Posts
    1) Obtain TF2 beta
    2) Non-steam it
    3) Use machinima tool
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

37. Post #77
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,714 Posts
    What do you mean you think?
    It keeps crashing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. France Show Events

38. Post #78
    December 2009
    132 Posts
    1) Obtain TF2 beta
    2) Non-steam it
    3) Use machinima tool
    here's someone who reads my posts, except it has to be the first release of the beta, v0

39. Post #79
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,399 Posts
    Googling it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Brazil Show Events

40. Post #80
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,714 Posts
    By using some computer magic and (most importantly) not giving anything enough folder access to delete the machinima tools, I've managed to make it run of the latest version of TF2.

It crashes as soon as I see the interface (the same in your video), though, so it's pretty much useless
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)