1. Post #81
    November 2008
    3,336 Posts
    Blinded by the light...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Artistic Artistic x 1Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #82
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,399 Posts
    Well, mine opens commentary node, anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Brazil Show Events

3. Post #83
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,141 Posts
    Code:
    //========= Credits = Quantuam VTX, Facepunch, 1/4 Life(For most of the code), Daimao[YOUR MUZZER!] ============//
    //
    // Purpose: Ultimate Team Fortress 2 quality Config.
    //
    // PRE-REQUISITS:
    // If you have a quad core CPU, add "-threads 4" as a launch option.
    // If you have an octo core, or a quad core with hyperthreading (i7, Core 2 Extreme) add "-threads 8" as a launch option.
    // If you have a DX10 GPU, add "+mat_dxlevel 98" as a launch option to enable DX10 mode. This can be used on XP. ONLY USE THIS IN TEAM FORTRESS 2! DO NOT USE THE -DXLEVEL LAUNCH OPTION!
    //
    //============================================================================================================//

// Multithreading 
    host_thread_mode 2 //Forces on multithreading. Defaults to 0
    //mat_queue_mode 0 //Default is -1. Single Synchronized thread. CAUSES INSTABILITY ON MOST SYSTEMS.
    r_threaded_client_shadow_manager 1 //Threaded world and flashlight shadows.
    r_threaded_particles 1 //Threaded particles (Defaults to 1)
    r_threaded_renderables 1 //Threaded renderables
    r_queued_decals 1 //Queued decals.
    r_queued_post_processing 1 //Queued post processing.
    r_queued_ropes 1 //Queued ropes.
    cl_threaded_bone_setup 1 //Threaded bones and animations.
    cl_interp_threadmodeticks 1 //ONLY USE IN MULTIPLAYER GAMES! Adds some extra interpolation ticks for multithread mode.
    //snd_mix_async 1 //Multithreaded sound. Causes the first few miliseconds of sounds to be cut off on some systems.

// Renderer
    //BELOW: Enables software AA at maximum quality. Software AA works alongside normal AA, and helps to remove further
    //aliasing, such as power lines. Little to no frame loss with this enabled.
    mat_software_aa_quality 1
    mat_software_aa_strength 1
    mat_software_aa_strength_vgui 1
    mat_software_aa_blur_one_pixel_lines 0.5
    mat_software_aa_edge_threshold 1.4

// Material Quality (Lowers FPS Somewhat)
    mat_picmip -10 //"Ultra High" textures.
    mp_usehwmmodels 1 //Uses the high quality faces from the "meet the" videos. 
    mp_usehwmvcds 1 //Use high quality facial animations. 
    r_eyeglintlodpixels 12 //Allows eyes to be rendered at full quality across the map.

// Physics (Increases CPU usage in some situations. Don't use this if you're not running Multicore.)
    cl_ragdoll_collide 1 //Clientside ragdolls collide with other clientside ragdolls.

// Sound
    //snd_digital_surround 1 //Enables Digital Surround Sound for speakers with SRS. ONLY USE THIS IF YOU HAVE SRS ENABLED STEREO SPEAKERS! This CVAR can cause issues with sv_consistency 1 servers.
    dsp_enhance_stereo 1 //Better quality sounds. Defaults to 0 on some systems. Comment this if you use headphones.

// Team Fortress 2 Effects (Lowers FPS)
    cl_new_impact_effects 1 //Uses particles instead of sprites for bullet impacts.
    cl_burninggibs 1 //If a player is on fire and gibs, his gibs are on fire too.

//HDR, Distance Viewing
    mat_hdr_level 2 //Better HDR.
    cl_maxrenderable_dist 3000 //Makes everything outside the map visible. 

//(Daimao) VAS HERE
    cl_ragdoll_fade_time 120 //It makes the ragdolls not fade over time.

//Models, Rain, Decals
    mp_decals "4096" //Maximum number of decals visible at one time.
    r_propsmaxdist "5000" //Maximum visible distance for props.
    r_rainradius "2500" //Makes the radius of rain fall around you larger, so you can see the rain from further away.
    r_rainsplashpercentage "100" //Sets the percentage that the rain makes a splash in the water.
    r_avglight "3" //Puts more lighting on objects.
    r_decals "4096" //Sets the amount of decals that stay on objects.
    r_maxmodeldecal "100" //Sets the amount of decals that appear on models.

// Other
    jpeg_quality 100 //Better quality screenshots with F5.
    mat_motion_blur_forward_enabled 1 //Enables a tunnel vision like motionblur when moving at high speeds.
    mat_motion_blur_strength 4 // Stengthens the blur.(Thanks Daimao)
    r_lod 0 //Removes "Level Of Detail" from models. 
    mat_specular 1 //Activates specular highlights of the models. 
    fps_max 1000 //I really don't think you'll get more than 1000

echo ***************************************
    echo *=====================================*
    echo * Ultimate TF2 Quality Config Loaded! *
    Use this if you want your game to look like the video.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 8Dumb Dumb x 3Bad Reading Bad Reading x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

4. Post #84
    December 2009
    132 Posts
    By using some computer magic and (most importantly) not giving anything enough folder access to delete the machinima tools, I've managed to make it run of the latest version of TF2.

It crashes as soon as I see the interface (the same in your video), though, so it's pretty much useless
    Yeah, the code of the updated TF2 doesn't allow it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

5. Post #85
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,528 Posts
    God dammit I wish Valve would just release the damn Film Maker already...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 16 (list)

6. Post #86
    September 2009
    228 Posts
    So if this lags too bad can i just remove it from the .cfg and my TF2 will revert to normal?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

7. Post #87
    December 2009
    132 Posts
    So if this lags too bad can i just remove it from the .cfg and my TF2 will revert to normal?
    yup

8. Post #88
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,399 Posts
    Any other HQ configs?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Brazil Show Events

9. Post #89
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    11,913 Posts
    Ha.
    In Beta of SourceFilmmaker my ass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11Bad Reading Bad Reading x 4 (list)

10. Post #90
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,528 Posts
    Ha.
    In Beta of SourceFilmmaker my ass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Late Late x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #91
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,714 Posts
    Code:
    //========= Credits = Quantuam VTX, Facepunch, 1/4 Life(For most of the code), Daimao[YOUR MUZZER!] ============//
    //
    // Purpose: Ultimate Team Fortress 2 quality Config.
    //
    // PRE-REQUISITS:
    // If you have a quad core CPU, add "-threads 4" as a launch option.
    // If you have an octo core, or a quad core with hyperthreading (i7, Core 2 Extreme) add "-threads 8" as a launch option.
    // If you have a DX10 GPU, add "+mat_dxlevel 98" as a launch option to enable DX10 mode. This can be used on XP. ONLY USE THIS IN TEAM FORTRESS 2! DO NOT USE THE -DXLEVEL LAUNCH OPTION!
    //
    //============================================================================================================//

// Multithreading 
    host_thread_mode 2 //Forces on multithreading. Defaults to 0
    //mat_queue_mode 0 //Default is -1. Single Synchronized thread. CAUSES INSTABILITY ON MOST SYSTEMS.
    r_threaded_client_shadow_manager 1 //Threaded world and flashlight shadows.
    r_threaded_particles 1 //Threaded particles (Defaults to 1)
    r_threaded_renderables 1 //Threaded renderables
    r_queued_decals 1 //Queued decals.
    r_queued_post_processing 1 //Queued post processing.
    r_queued_ropes 1 //Queued ropes.
    cl_threaded_bone_setup 1 //Threaded bones and animations.
    cl_interp_threadmodeticks 1 //ONLY USE IN MULTIPLAYER GAMES! Adds some extra interpolation ticks for multithread mode.
    //snd_mix_async 1 //Multithreaded sound. Causes the first few miliseconds of sounds to be cut off on some systems.

// Renderer
    //BELOW: Enables software AA at maximum quality. Software AA works alongside normal AA, and helps to remove further
    //aliasing, such as power lines. Little to no frame loss with this enabled.
    mat_software_aa_quality 1
    mat_software_aa_strength 1
    mat_software_aa_strength_vgui 1
    mat_software_aa_blur_one_pixel_lines 0.5
    mat_software_aa_edge_threshold 1.4

// Material Quality (Lowers FPS Somewhat)
    mat_picmip -10 //"Ultra High" textures.
    mp_usehwmmodels 1 //Uses the high quality faces from the "meet the" videos. 
    mp_usehwmvcds 1 //Use high quality facial animations. 
    r_eyeglintlodpixels 12 //Allows eyes to be rendered at full quality across the map.

// Physics (Increases CPU usage in some situations. Don't use this if you're not running Multicore.)
    cl_ragdoll_collide 1 //Clientside ragdolls collide with other clientside ragdolls.

// Sound
    //snd_digital_surround 1 //Enables Digital Surround Sound for speakers with SRS. ONLY USE THIS IF YOU HAVE SRS ENABLED STEREO SPEAKERS! This CVAR can cause issues with sv_consistency 1 servers.
    dsp_enhance_stereo 1 //Better quality sounds. Defaults to 0 on some systems. Comment this if you use headphones.

// Team Fortress 2 Effects (Lowers FPS)
    cl_new_impact_effects 1 //Uses particles instead of sprites for bullet impacts.
    cl_burninggibs 1 //If a player is on fire and gibs, his gibs are on fire too.

//HDR, Distance Viewing
    mat_hdr_level 2 //Better HDR.
    cl_maxrenderable_dist 3000 //Makes everything outside the map visible. 

//(Daimao) VAS HERE
    cl_ragdoll_fade_time 120 //It makes the ragdolls not fade over time.

//Models, Rain, Decals
    mp_decals "4096" //Maximum number of decals visible at one time.
    r_propsmaxdist "5000" //Maximum visible distance for props.
    r_rainradius "2500" //Makes the radius of rain fall around you larger, so you can see the rain from further away.
    r_rainsplashpercentage "100" //Sets the percentage that the rain makes a splash in the water.
    r_avglight "3" //Puts more lighting on objects.
    r_decals "4096" //Sets the amount of decals that stay on objects.
    r_maxmodeldecal "100" //Sets the amount of decals that appear on models.

// Other
    jpeg_quality 100 //Better quality screenshots with F5.
    mat_motion_blur_forward_enabled 1 //Enables a tunnel vision like motionblur when moving at high speeds.
    mat_motion_blur_strength 4 // Stengthens the blur.(Thanks Daimao)
    r_lod 0 //Removes "Level Of Detail" from models. 
    mat_specular 1 //Activates specular highlights of the models. 
    fps_max 1000 //I really don't think you'll get more than 1000

echo * Ultimate TF2 Quality Config Loaded! *
    Do not trust this config, it is absolutely shit, only a few commands are worth saving in there

For instance, software AA darkens your game and looks like a sobel filter
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete France Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #92
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    11,913 Posts
    Ok.
    So that's a video?
    Great, it proves nothing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 25 (list)

13. Post #93
    September 2009
    228 Posts
    Do not trust this config, it is absolutely shit, only a few commands are worth saving in there

For instance, software AA darkens your game and looks like a sobel filter
    whats worth keeping? HWM models, obviously, but what else would help?

14. Post #94
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    11,913 Posts
    I use this.
    Code:
    mat_picmip -10
    mp_usehwmmodels 1
    mp_usehwmvcds 1
    cl_new_impact_effects 1
    cl_burninggibs 1
    mat_motion_blur_forward_enabled 1
    mat_motion_blur_strength 2
    mat_specular 1
    r_lod 0

echo *****************************
    echo * HIGH DETAIL CONFIG LOADED *
    echo *****************************
    Basic, but it does the job.
    If you use sv_cheats 1 then mat_picmip -10 actually works the best otherwise it defaults to 1 or 2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #95
    December 2009
    132 Posts
    Ok.
    So that's a video?
    if you watched the whole thing, i load up SFM in the beta and even mess around with it

16. Post #96
    I'd be lost in this world without my Hatsune Miku ^__^
    July 2007
    6,097 Posts
    I think it would be a cool avatar.

17. Post #97
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    3,409 Posts
    Film maker is coming after the last Meet the short.

Also: Render footage out in 120 fps, render a ZDepth pass, combine in post, double the speed, use HWM, etc... And you've got yourself close to this. One of the main improvements SFM brings over normal gameplay is the lighting, which you haven't shown off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #98
    December 2009
    132 Posts
    Film maker is coming after the last Meet the short.

Also: Render footage out in 120 fps, render a ZDepth pass, combine in post, double the speed, use HWM, etc... And you've got yourself close to this. One of the main improvements SFM brings over normal gameplay is the lighting, which you haven't shown off.
    I'm still learning how to use the whole thing. How does it change the lighting?

19. Post #99
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,528 Posts
    I'm still learning how to use the whole thing. How does it change the lighting?
    Looks bloomier, IMO. At least 2fort does.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

20. Post #100
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    3,409 Posts
    Go watch Meet the Spy. @ Accidental.

21. Post #101
    December 2009
    132 Posts
    Go watch Meet the Spy. @ Accidental.
    are you talking about the way the shadows act or something? If not, explain more in-depth

22. Post #102
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    7,423 Posts
    What makes the vid so special? It looks like normal high settings to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #103
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    3,409 Posts
    Accidental: Notice how the models shadow very well, casting shadows on each other, on themselves, on the world, etc? Notice the improved lighting in meet the sniper where the shadows move up the wall during the timelapse?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #104
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,528 Posts
    What makes the vid so special? It looks like normal high settings to me.
    The fact that he's actually using the Source Film Maker is what makes it special.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #105

October 2009
    20 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #106
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,528 Posts
    You're in the commentary editor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #107
    December 2009
    132 Posts
    Accidental: Notice how the models shadow very well, casting shadows on each other, on themselves, on the world, etc? Notice the improved lighting in meet the sniper where the shadows move up the wall during the timelapse?
    yes, but i have to figure out how to use it in the tool

28. Post #108
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    5,901 Posts
    Ok.
    So that's a video?
    congrats you have a bad attention span i'm so proud of you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 3 (list)

29. Post #109
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    7,423 Posts
    Are you talking about the vid in OP?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #110
    SHADERS
    October 2008
    9,663 Posts
    He's not in the beta of the filmmaker, he's just got the earliest version. Valve have probably updated it a lot since 2007. Also Lord Ned, I don't think the shadows in meet the sniper are really dynamic sun shadows, more like a hacky dynamic light rotating outside the slitted wood.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

31. Post #111
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,714 Posts
    In the filmmaker, there is volumetric light

(well, that's what it looks like)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete France Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

32. Post #112
    SHADERS
    October 2008
    9,663 Posts
    Hmm? Yeah but is it dynamic like in GTA4 or FarCry 2?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United Kingdom Show Events

33. Post #113
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,714 Posts
    Hmm? Yeah but is it dynamic like in GTA4 or FarCry 2?
    Go in Garry's Mod, spawn a lamp, light a NPC up, go see the shadow in the non-lighted side, proceed to sigh at how it is bullshit

It IS enhancable, though (Zeno Clash uses fully dynamic shadows!) and resolution can go as far as you can see in the Meet The... then, again, the Meet The stuff is probably stuff you can't process in realtime
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. France Show Events

34. Post #114

July 2009
    3,212 Posts
    Go in Garry's Mod, spawn a lamp, light a NPC up, go see the shadow in the non-lighted side, proceed to sigh at how it is bullshit

It IS enhancable, though (Zeno Clash uses fully dynamic shadows!) and resolution can go as far as you can see in the Meet The... then, again, the Meet The stuff is probably stuff you can't process in realtime
    Who made Zeno clash again?

35. Post #115
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,714 Posts
    Who made Zeno clash again?
    ACE Team, a chilean development team
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. France Show Events

36. Post #116
    Dennab
    October 2007
    26,022 Posts
    I always thought ACE Team was the best developer name ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United Kingdom Show Events

37. Post #117
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,714 Posts
    I always thought ACE Team was the best developer name ever.
    Andrew, Carlos and Edmundo; the three brothers who funded the studio

Isn't this bloody awesome
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete France Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #118
    December 2009
    132 Posts
    i know this might be impossible, but i want to load some more recent content up in the TF2 beta. Whenever i load up a map, in the console, almost all non-native textures are broken. It also says the vtf header of such and such texture is not valid. Any idea how to fix this?

39. Post #119
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,528 Posts
    i know this might be impossible, but i want to load some more recent content up in the TF2 beta. Whenever i load up a map, in the console, almost all non-native textures are broken. It also says the vtf header of such and such texture is not valid. Any idea how to fix this?
    Maybe just drag all the new TF2 materials and shit into the beta TF2?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

40. Post #120
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,441 Posts
    Ok.
    So that's a video?
    You forgot your brain on the way in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)