1. Post #121
    February 2009
    14,543 Posts
    Quantum's High Quality Config + "startmovie raw 120"
    That's how you do it, and it'll look better than this.

High Quality config : http://www.dieall.de/da2008/index.ph...=view&where=30

http://www.dieall.de/uploads/HighQuality_1.jpghttp://www.dieall.de/uploads/HighQuality_2.jpg
    high quality my ass. That's what i've got except they have anti-aliasing, and all i did was just put all the settings to max.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

2. Post #122

July 2009
    3,212 Posts
    In my experiences, it raised the fps quite a lot while still making it look sextastic
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

3. Post #123
    December 2009
    132 Posts
    Maybe just drag all the new TF2 materials and shit into the beta TF2?
    i've tried this, it merely gives me the error above.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

4. Post #124
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,456 Posts
    Per object motion blur.

I waaaaaant it.

5. Post #125
    December 2008
    1,076 Posts
    It IS enhancable, though (Zeno Clash uses fully dynamic shadows!)
    The lighting in Zeno Clash is actually a unique case because of how they built the world geometry- most of it is models rather than static brushes. There's an article here with a short section on the lighting (around the middle of page 3 if you just want to skip to it).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

6. Post #126
    December 2009
    132 Posts
    The lighting in Zeno Clash is actually a unique case because of how they built the world geometry- most of it is models rather than static brushes. There's an article here with a short section on the lighting (around the middle of page 3 if you just want to skip to it).
    their setup sounds very similar to how the Unreal engine is used with it's map editor. Also, this thing is still pretty limited without being able to load custom maps. Anybody up to assist me?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #127
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,523 Posts
    their setup sounds very similar to how the Unreal engine is used with it's map editor. Also, this thing is still pretty limited without being able to load custom maps. Anybody up to assist me?
    It'd help if more people knew how to at least use it :\
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

8. Post #128
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    3,409 Posts
    Are you talking about the vid in OP?
    No, Meet the shorts.

He's not in the beta of the filmmaker, he's just got the earliest version. Valve have probably updated it a lot since 2007. Also Lord Ned, I don't think the shadows in meet the sniper are really dynamic sun shadows, more like a hacky dynamic light rotating outside the slitted wood.
    The point is it can be used to fake it, and fake it well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #129
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,661 Posts
    I love Source Filmmaker already.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Artistic Artistic x 25Agree Agree x 2Late Late x 2 (list)

10. Post #130
    June 2009
    1,647 Posts
    holy shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Saudi Arabia Show Events Agree Agree x 19 (list)

11. Post #131
    August 2008
    1,067 Posts
    So how did you set it up? Did you just download the .gcf and extract the folder and start filmmaker?

12. Post #132
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    2,810 Posts
    This is fucking amazing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete France Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

13. Post #133
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,523 Posts
    I wish I knew how to make camera tracks in the SFM, and get the DOF to focus at different ranges. Static cameras are only good for so much :c
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

14. Post #134
    September 2009
    1,017 Posts
    That is enough for a DoD advert.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

15. Post #135
    December 2009
    132 Posts
    from what i've done, SFM does not have camera tracks, it has to be setup in hammer or recorded as a demo and edited with the smoother, which is then imported into SFM.

16. Post #136
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,523 Posts

Made a test render video.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 7Informative Informative x 2 (list)

17. Post #137
    December 2009
    132 Posts

Maybe now, people understand this thing isn't just some BS edited in After Effects
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

18. Post #138
    August 2008
    1,067 Posts
    Maybe now, people understand this thing isn't just some BS edited in After Effects
    So is it possible for you to upload the beta or is it warez?

19. Post #139
    June 2009
    646 Posts

Wow, that's nice.

I'd like to see Valve let us be able to toggle these effects in the regular game, if possible.

20. Post #140
    August 2008
    1,067 Posts
    Wow, that's nice.

I'd like to see Valve let us be able to toggle these effects in the regular game, if possible.
    Object motion blur TERRIBLY uses up your processor or GPU. It takes about 3 or 4 hours to render a three or four minute video using RSMB. For anyone who has the filmmaker, does the motion blur take forever to render?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

21. Post #141
    Gold Member

November 2008
    11,200 Posts
    I don't see why. Crysis has it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #142
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,523 Posts
    Object motion blur TERRIBLY uses up your processor or GPU. It takes about 3 or 4 hours to render a three or four minute video using RSMB. For anyone who has the filmmaker, does the motion blur take forever to render?
    Depends.

The default pass setting is like 8(?), and that only takes a fraction of a second to render on my PC.

But the low pass settings don't look very good when you render them out. The video that OP posted uses the default pass settings, and when I first saw it, it looked like he just forgot to turn off frame blending in Vegas. But I used 64 passes on my video and it took about 10 minutes to render a couple seconds of footage.

Not exactly game-ready just yet.

Edited:

I'm pretty sure that's only available in DX10 or 11. In Crysis you can force just about every Very High setting while in DX9 if you use CVars, EXCEPT object motion blur.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 2 (list)

23. Post #143
    Gold Member

November 2008
    11,200 Posts
    Depends.

The default pass setting is like 8(?), and that only takes a fraction of a second to render on my PC.

But the low pass settings don't look very good when you render them out. The video that OP posted uses the default pass settings, and when I first saw it, it looked like he just forgot to turn off frame blending in Vegas. But I used 64 passes on my video and it took about 10 minutes to render a couple seconds of footage.

Not exactly game-ready just yet.

Edited:

I'm pretty sure that's only available in DX10 or 11. In Crysis you can force just about every Very High setting while in DX9 if you use CVars, EXCEPT object motion blur.
    Oh, right. Forgot.

24. Post #144
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    126 Posts
    so basicly you took the filmmaker that was on the gcfs on the tf2 beta of 2007, used the new engine dlls to run it and post this awesome videos.
    clever. very clever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mexico Show Events Informative Informative x 1Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

25. Post #145
    August 2009
    269 Posts
    so how do i use it?

i tried it but it only loaded PET VMT and the COMM editor
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Philippines Show Events

26. Post #146
    August 2008
    1,067 Posts
    so how do i use it?

i tried it but it only loaded PET VMT and the COMM editor
    You need the TF2 beta .gcfs.

27. Post #147
    August 2009
    269 Posts
    You have to download the TF2 beta off some p2p site and then use the tools if you want to use it
    better remove that post unless you want to get banned
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Philippines Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

28. Post #148
    December 2009
    132 Posts
    so basicly you took the filmmaker that was on the gcfs on the tf2 beta of 2007, used the new engine dlls to run it and post this awesome videos.
    clever. very clever.
    it's still the old engine dlls. The new ones cycle out the old tool dlls. If anyone figures this out, tell me. I also keep getting those vtf errors.

29. Post #149
    August 2009
    269 Posts
    it's still the old engine dlls. The new ones cycle out the old tool dlls. If anyone figures this out, tell me. I also keep getting those vtf errors.
    it could be possible to make TF2 use the engine.dll of TF2 beta using some manner of NS

Engine.dll atleast what HL2world.com says is the file loading them or something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Philippines Show Events

30. Post #150
    SteamDB
    November 2007
    11,718 Posts
    better remove that post unless you want to get banned
    He didn't admit that he downloaded it so no harm done.

Also I can't wait to fuck around with this. Waiting till Valve releases it though, will be way more awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Netherlands Show Events

31. Post #151
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,523 Posts
    It's not really as versitile as you guys would expect. I imagine Valve's got a better version of the tool, but the one from the TF2 beta is good for only a couple things.

1. Rendering motion blur
    2. Recording multiple instances of yourself in the level
    3. Rendering poster images (you can export images of any size. I have a gigantic 19800 x 10800 TGA of a close up Pyro that's about 600 MB
    4. Placing static cameras. (haven't come up with a way to move the cameras along tracks quite yet)

And you're stuck with only content from the TF2 Beta (6 maps :ohdear:)

32. Post #152
    Gold Member

June 2007
    4,281 Posts
    Can't you just place the TF2 maps with needed materials and models in the TF2 beta folder?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #153
    August 2009
    269 Posts
    It's not really as versitile as you guys would expect. I imagine Valve's got a better version of the tool, but the one from the TF2 beta is good for only a couple things.

1. Rendering motion blur
    2. Recording multiple instances of yourself in the level
    3. Rendering poster images (you can export images of any size. I have a gigantic 19800 x 10800 TGA of a close up Pyro that's about 600 MB
    4. Placing static cameras. (haven't come up with a way to move the cameras along tracks quite yet)

1.Add maps to the maps directory.
    2.Checks materials if all is fine.
    3.???
    4.Profit!

Edited:

Ninja'd

34. Post #154
    December 2009
    132 Posts
    1.Add maps to the maps directory.
    2.Checks materials if all is fine.
    3.???
    4.Profit!

Edited:

Ninja'd
    Please read my quote again

I think it's similar to when everyone wanted tf2 stuff in garry's mod

35. Post #155
    Dennab
    November 2007
    2,584 Posts
    1:33
    no
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 6Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

36. Post #156
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,523 Posts
    clever. very clever.
    Actually, I'm only in the beta TF2. Haven't figured out a way to get it into present-day TF2 without Steam fucking with it and over-writing the old 2007 files with newer versions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #157
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,433 Posts
    That is enough for a DoD advert.
    Um, that is part of a DoD advert.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

38. Post #158
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,523 Posts
    1:33
    no
    He's not claiming to have made that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

39. Post #159
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,429 Posts
    Maybe it's a premade video file just to show off the effects that come with the filemaker.

40. Post #160
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,523 Posts
    Actually, I take back what I said about it earlier. It's the DOF that takes for ever to render. 64 passes of motion blur without DOF takes no time flat to render.

Edit:

I take that back too. Having one effect on at a time significantly shortens the render time. DOF with no motion blur is instantaneous. Motion blur without DOF is pretty quick. Put them together and you have about 10x the render time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)