1. Post #161
    OMG HALO REACH IM GONNA CUM
    December 2006
    16,645 Posts
    So, the people that have gotten it to work, why not post a quick tutorial (Minus download links obviously) on how to get it to work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

2. Post #162
    December 2009
    132 Posts
    So, the people that have gotten it to work, why not post a quick tutorial (Minus download links obviously) on how to get it to work.
    i wouldn't mind doing it if someone can help debug the vtf issue.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

3. Post #163
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,523 Posts
    They'll most likely need the tool before they can be of any help :kiddo:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #164
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    10,839 Posts
    Cool and all but too much hassle right now

I'll wait for Valve to officially release it after they're done with all the meet the movies (wanted a new on the war update, didn't happen)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

5. Post #165
    August 2008
    1,067 Posts
    Bah how are we supposed to know if we don't have it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

6. Post #166

July 2009
    3,212 Posts
    How come they can't put motion blur like that into the game, if it's already rendered like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Bad Reading Bad Reading x 3 (list)

7. Post #167
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,523 Posts
    I just found a way to kind of animate inside the SFM. This thing is more intricate than I thought.

Edited:

How come they can't put motion blur like that into the game, if it's already rendered like that.
    Doesn't work well in real time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

8. Post #168
    December 2009
    132 Posts
    Time to explain the whole thing, as long as someone tries to fix stuff =P

Get ahold of the earliest version. You know how. *wink* Make sure it's non-steam. Next, find the need files for the bin/tools folder. There was a link posted on an earlier page of this thread. Follow the instructions on that page, then find the hl2.exe and create a shortcut. Right click-properties and add the following text to target: "-game tf -applaunch 440 -window -noborder -novid -tools" without the quotes. I wont explain how to use it, cause im a little ahead of you guys, and i already posted a basic demonstration.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

9. Post #169
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,523 Posts
    This thread has 150 people reading it, and there hasn't been a post in like 45 minutes. Steam Forum invasion
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

10. Post #170

May 2006
    1 Posts
    This thread has 150 people reading it, and there hasn't been a post in like 45 minutes. Steam Forums invasion
    Yes, but, is it such a bad thing? Everyone should know about these things. Everyone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

11. Post #171
    December 2009
    132 Posts
    Yes, but, is it such a bad thing? Everyone should know about these things. Everyone.
    It's now the most viewed thread on facepunch. Win

12. Post #172
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,523 Posts
    I was playing with the poster export function. Rendered a couple of cool hi-res pictures.

:siren:WARNING BIG ASS IMAGES AHEAD:siren:

(right click -> view image)
    3000 x 1500
    http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/483/poster3lv.jpg
    6000 x 3000
    http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/7282/poster4i.jpg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 13Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #173
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,751 Posts
    Is Valve ever going to release this source filmmaker?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #174
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,523 Posts
    Is Valve ever going to release this source filmmaker?
    Everyone believes they will when all the Meet the Team videos are done.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

15. Post #175
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,927 Posts
    Can you use the current versions of the Source '07 GCFs with this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Thailand Show Events

16. Post #176
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,523 Posts
    Can you use the current versions of the Source '07 GCFs with this?
    I don't believe so.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

17. Post #177
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,927 Posts
    Rage, the links for shared models and sounds on the Russian Site We Love are broken.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Thailand Show Events

18. Post #178
    December 2009
    132 Posts
    Rage, the links for shared models and sounds on the Russian Site We Love are broken.
    the are other ways to get it. Use your noggin
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

19. Post #179

November 2006
    5 Posts
    Shall not be surprised if you get a cease and desist type of letter from the TF2 Team.

Simply saying "Oh I'm not giving the links out", then fully supporting, promoting and encouraging going elsewhere and downloading the TF2Beta illegally, isn't exactly leaving you totally in the clear you know?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

20. Post #180
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,927 Posts
    It's Valve. Not a chance in a million, I'd say - they tend to disown their betas.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Thailand Show Events Agree Agree x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

21. Post #181
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,523 Posts
    Shall not be surprised if you get a cease and desist type of letter from the TF2 Team.

Simply saying "Oh I'm not giving the links out", then fully supporting, promoting and encouraging going elsewhere and downloading the TF2Beta illegally, isn't exactly leaving you totally in the clear you know?
    Who cares? It was a public beta from over two years ago
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

22. Post #182

November 2006
    5 Posts
    It's Valve. Not a chance in a million, I'd say - they tend to disown their betas.
    What you say and what Valve say are two totally different things. So forgive me when I say I don't feel your assumption is correct.

Secondly, it's warez of their product. The TF2Beta was pretty much a fully playable game people received after pre-purchasing the game. Meaning it wasn't, and never should be free.

Edit:
    Who cares? It was a public beta from over two years ago
    Wrong, it was never "Public". It was made available to the people that bought TF2 as a pre-purchase. Secondly, before you reply: "I've bought TF2" If you download a torrent, or a zip/rar whatever containing a non-steam version of TF2. Do you honestly think everyone else downloading that same file, have bought TF2 legitimately? Think for a moment. Lastly: If these crucial files that are needed to run the Film Maker were removed in an official patch update, it's not really rocket science to realise the TF2 Team don't want you messing around with this yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #183
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,523 Posts
    What you say and what Valve say are two totally different things. So forgive me when I say I don't feel your assumption is correct.

Secondly, it's warez of their product. The TF2Beta was pretty much a fully playable game people received after pre-purchasing the game. Meaning it wasn't, and never should be free.

Edit:

Wrong, it was never "Public". It was made available to the people that bought TF2 as a pre-purchase. Secondly, before you reply: "I've bought TF2" If you download a torrent, or a zip/rar whatever containing a non-steam version of TF2. Do you honestly think everyone else downloading that same file, have bought TF2 legitimately? Think for a moment. Lastly: If these crucial files that are needed to run the Film Maker were removed in an official patch update, it's not really rocket science to realise the TF2 Team don't want you messing around with this yet.
    No shit, Sherlock.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #184
    December 2009
    132 Posts

Edit:

There are a select few who own the gcf files from before the beta. Those people are doing nothing illegal. I've warned everyone else to search at their own risk.

25. Post #185

November 2006
    5 Posts
    No shit, Sherlock.
    Sorry are you a bit slow or something?

There are a select few who own the gcf files from before the beta. Those people are doing nothing illegal. I've warned everyone else to search at their own risk.
    Although part of this is true. I highly doubt lots of other people have extracted an entire 1gb+ from the Beta GCF, especially before it's first initial update. Even if they have, you're still in the spotlight promoting the reason people are going to go hunting for these files. (Including all the people who do not own said GCF files.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

26. Post #186
    May 2008
    2,818 Posts
    Meanwhile my computer can hardly run this game maxed out :sigh:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #187

July 2009
    3,212 Posts
    God damnit

I want this in game so bad.

who else agrees.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #188
    Paid for a title.
    June 2005
    5,726 Posts
    I want this for Gmod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

29. Post #189
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,523 Posts
    God damnit

I want this in game so bad.

who else agrees.
    I'm doing a test using mutliple instances of my self running across CP_Well. I recorded myself about 60 times, so this should be the biggest Scout rush in TF2 history
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

30. Post #190
    December 2009
    132 Posts
    Sorry are you a bit slow or something?

Although part of this is true. I highly doubt lots of other people have extracted an entire 1gb+ from the Beta GCF, especially before it's first initial update. Even if they have, you're still in the spotlight promoting the reason people are going to go hunting for these files. (Including all the people who do not own said GCF files.)
    thats why you only see like 2 or 3 videos of it. Most of the people who want to crack it dont want to and those with the know how are smart enough to know its illegal.

31. Post #191
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,927 Posts
    thats why you only see like 2 or 3 videos of it. Most of the people who want to crack it dont want to and those with the know how are smart enough to know its illegal.
    Doing so doesn't involve a lot of effort, nor is the fact that it may or may not be illegal is a deterrent in this case.

32. Post #192
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,456 Posts
    So, bottom line, and rate me all the suprised books you want:

Per-object motion blur + Dynamic DOF isn't going to work in the normal game?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 3 (list)

33. Post #193
    December 2009
    132 Posts

without editing the game or a movie file, not that i know of

34. Post #194
    November 2009
    216 Posts

Modern Warfare 2 does a good job at it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

35. Post #195
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,456 Posts
    I mean in TF2, of course.

36. Post #196
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,523 Posts
    Modern Warfare 2 does a good job at it.
    MW2 doesn't have any motion blur whatsoever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

37. Post #197
    November 2009
    216 Posts
    MW2 doesn't have any motion blur whatsoever.
    It has great Super DoF.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6 (list)

38. Post #198
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,412 Posts
    And the DOF in MW2 is complete shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

39. Post #199
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,523 Posts
    It has great Super DoF.
    You can do DOF in GMod in real time, it's just not really built into the engine to focus on what you're looking at.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #200
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,953 Posts
    Title made me think about this

Also can't wait for the offical tools, just thinking about what people could to with those gets me exited
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 4Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)