1. Post #201
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts
    Fuck. I recorded like 60 instances of myself running through CP_Well, and rendered one of many shots, but the fucking SFM crashes when I try to open the save file :emo:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

2. Post #202
    I'm pretty sure that's only available in DX10 or 11. In Crysis you can force just about every Very High setting while in DX9 if you use CVars, EXCEPT object motion blur.
    Rated bad reading.
    Crysis on DX9 has got object motion blur:
    http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/b9a97454d42a9faa7b261868fecf12d843ab7b18.pngAlthough it's sometimes bugged on few things:
    http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/d91fafd1ab1bfb72d02566338590678d66a2c8ec.png
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

3. Post #203
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,714 Posts
    As far as I know Crysis' per-object motion blur is one of the last layers of post-processing, which works by querying the current vectors of movement, then blurring where it is needed (hence the possible artefacts). It's not frame blending or anything
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete France Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #204
    December 2009
    132 Posts
    As far as I know Crysis' per-object motion blur is one of the last layers of post-processing, which works by querying the current vectors of movement, then blurring where it is needed (hence the possible artefacts). It's not frame blending or anything
    So i suppose no one's found a work around for the vtf errors yet?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

5. Post #205
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    1,538 Posts
    How do I do this? D:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #206
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,886 Posts
    I was playing with the poster export function. Rendered a couple of cool hi-res pictures.

:siren:WARNING BIG ASS IMAGES AHEAD:siren:

(right click -> view image)
    3000 x 1500
    http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/483/poster3lv.jpg
    6000 x 3000
    http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/7282/poster4i.jpg
    damn I want this for gmod

Edited:

So i suppose no one's found a work around for the vtf errors yet?
    I can only guess they changed the vtf format since the beta?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Netherlands Show Events

7. Post #207
    December 2009
    132 Posts
    damn I want this for gmod

Edited:

I can only guess they changed the vtf format since the beta?
    i figured that, but its something to do with how the textures are coded, so i thought you might be able to change something in the vtf file to make it work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

8. Post #208
    Respected User
    August 2006
    335 Posts
    Even though I want this terribly badly, I think I'd rather wait for Valve to release it properly. They obviously have a non-buggy version for in-house use.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #209
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    777 Posts
    Yay.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 11Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #210
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,098 Posts
    Beautiful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #211
    December 2009
    132 Posts
    High-5

You're the first person aside from Panda to get it to work
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

12. Post #212
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,396 Posts
    Tuuuutorial?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Brazil Show Events

13. Post #213
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,854 Posts
    :iiam:

Gief tutorial.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Netherlands Show Events

14. Post #214
    December 2009
    132 Posts
    Tuuuutorial?
    it's on the first page?

15. Post #215
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,854 Posts
    it's on the first page?
    Lies, real people don't read.
    gief it in video form.

16. Post #216
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts
    Do you want a tutorial on how to use it, or how to get it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #217
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,854 Posts
    Do you want a tutorial on how to use it, or how to get it?
    both.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #218
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts
    To get:

1. Find TF2 Beta
    2. Load the Tools mode
    3. Profit

1. To use: Ctrl + L to load a map
    2. Press the record button to record some actions.
    3. Do Step 2 as many times as you'd like.
    4. Click the Active Camera/ Work Camera button to take control of the camera.
    5. Place camera.
    6. Trim timeline down to properly record the shots.
    7. Crank the motion blur and/or depth of field.
    8. File > Export > Movie > change the renders settings to your liking.
    9. Find something to do for a while because rendering takes forever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 10Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #219
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,098 Posts
    By "earliest version" do you mean 1.0.0.0?

20. Post #220
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts
    By "earliest version" do you mean 1.0.0.0?
    Which ever version the TF2 public beta was.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

21. Post #221
    January 2009
    1,850 Posts
    So, this works only for TF2, correct?

As in, it would be impossible to make a film for other games using this?

22. Post #222
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts

As far as I know, only for TF2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #223
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,098 Posts
    So I made the shortcut.
    "C:\Program Files\Team Fortress 2\hl2.exe" -game tf -applaunch 440 -window -noborder -novid -tools

Using that, after opening the shortcut nothing happens. When I take out those startup commands, I get this:

Setup file 'gameinfo.txt' doesn't exist in subdirectory 'hl2'. Check your -game parameter or VCONFIG setting.

And I have to run RUN_TF2.exe to get it working, but I can't add the startup commands to that.

24. Post #224
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,103 Posts
    I assume that tf_bot_add is out of the question.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 5 (list)

25. Post #225
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts
    So I made the shortcut.
    "C:\Program Files\Team Fortress 2\hl2.exe" -game tf -applaunch 440 -window -noborder -novid -tools

Using that, after opening the shortcut nothing happens. When I take out those startup commands, I get this:

Setup file 'gameinfo.txt' doesn't exist in subdirectory 'hl2'. Check your -game parameter or VCONFIG setting.

And I have to run RUN_TF2.exe to get it working, but I can't add the startup commands to that.
    You might not have patched everything correctly. I dunno.

26. Post #226
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,098 Posts
    You might not have patched everything correctly. I dunno.
    Okay. I'll try re-patching everything.

27. Post #227
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    8,546 Posts
    So in order to do this, you have to do illigal stuff.. god damnit. This looks fucking amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

28. Post #228
    August 2008
    1,067 Posts
    To get:

1. Find TF2 Beta
    2. Load the Tools mode
    3. Profit

1. To use: Ctrl + L to load a map
    2. Press the record button to record some actions.
    3. Do Step 2 as many times as you'd like.
    4. Click the Active Camera/ Work Camera button to take control of the camera.
    5. Place camera.
    6. Trim timeline down to properly record the shots.
    8. File > Export > Movie > change the renders settings to your liking.
    9. Find something to do for a while because rendering takes forever.
    My god can this program get ANY MORE BUGGIER? I'm trying it out. Also how do I place the camera on the timeline? Also is there any progress bar when exporting? Mines just has looping sound. And it says not connected to p4 server. And it says 100% done even though it's still stuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #229
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,098 Posts
    Oh wow, this is amazing

30. Post #230
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    2,810 Posts
    I can't get the TF2 Beta to work. Some tier0.dll error, pfff :argh:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. France Show Events

31. Post #231
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,098 Posts
    How to crank motion blur and/or depth of field?

32. Post #232
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts
    How to crank motion blur and/or depth of field?
    Right click on the viewport and click Progression Refinement Settings. You can't control where the DOF is focusing though.

Put 'r_sfmfulcrumdof 1' in the console, and it gives you some noticable DOF (again, you can't control the focal point), but it's kinda pretty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

33. Post #233
    August 2008
    1,067 Posts
    Source filmmaker test
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 6Informative Informative x 1 (list)

34. Post #234
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts
    Source filmmaker test
    Looks good. Did you render an AVI or TGA's? Rendering TGA's sometimes fixes the sound issues.

35. Post #235
    August 2008
    1,067 Posts
    Looks good. Did you render an AVI or TGA's? Rendering TGA's sometimes fixes the sound issues.
    I rendered .tga. When I try recording why do I start at where I left off? I was originally going to make a scout rush starting at base but after I press ESC and recorded again it recorded when I was on the point and not at the spawn.

36. Post #236
    December 2009
    132 Posts

anything before tf2 beta works episode 1, cs, hl2. i haven't test it extensively though

37. Post #237
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,098 Posts
    I love this shit

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l166/noodleboy347/medic-03.jpg
    EDIT: Any way to make a little less blur?

38. Post #238
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts
    Made a tutorial for anyone who's just getting into it. Covers the basics of recording and rendering.

Two more jumbo renders, too:

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/8637/poster5p.jpghttp://img138.imageshack.us/img138/8021/poster6f.jpg
    Edited:

I love this shit

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l166/noodleboy347/medic-03.jpg
    EDIT: Any way to make a little less blur?
    Oh god you could pass that off as a fake Meet the Medic screenshot.

As far as I know, you can only turn down the number of passes. Maybe if you turn up the frame rate when you render the poster (try 30 or like 48 or something).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4Artistic Artistic x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #239
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    10,798 Posts
    Oh wow I want this now lol

But I won't :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

40. Post #240
    August 2008
    1,067 Posts
    A poster:

Seriously though how do I place cameras in Film maker?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)