1. Post #241
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,098 Posts
    So uh... any way to reduce the amount of blur?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

2. Post #242
    August 2008
    1,067 Posts
    So uh... any way to reduce the amount of blur?
    Increase the frames per second. Or lower the shutter speed. Is it possible to adjust the focal point of the DOF?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

3. Post #243
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts
    Increase the frames per second. Or lower the shutter speed. Is it possible to adjust the focal point of the DOF?
    Haven't found it yet. If you figure it out, make sure you post it

Edited:

Does anyone know how to extend the time limit on maps like Granary and Well? The 10 minute timelimit sucks, and there's no mp_tournamentmode in old TF2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

4. Post #244
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    I can't believe this, it's just so fucking AWESOME!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #245
    August 2008
    1,067 Posts
    Haven't found it yet. If you figure it out, make sure you post it

Edited:

Does anyone know how to extend the time limit on maps like Granary and Well? The 10 minute timelimit sucks, and there's no mp_tournamentmode in old TF2.
    It's on the bunch of text on the left. Expand settings and then there should be shutter speed somewhere where you look in there.

6. Post #246
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts
    It's on the bunch of text on the left. Expand settings and then there should be shutter speed somewhere where you look in there.
    I've tried changing all the variables, but nothing seems to change the focal distance...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

7. Post #247
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,142 Posts
    This looks fucking awesome. Can't wait to try it..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

8. Post #248
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts
    A poster:
    [IMG][/IMG]

Seriously though how do I place cameras in Film maker?
    I just move grab the regular camera, and film little bits at a time. Obviously this isn't fully featured. Half the variables and shit on the left side don't even have names. They're all "Bool", "Element", and "strings".

9. Post #249
    August 2008
    1,067 Posts
    I just move grab the regular camera, and film little bits at a time. Obviously this isn't fully featured. Half the variables and shit on the left side don't even have names. They're all "Bool", "Element", and "strings".
    Damn, so you just film all of those videos seperately?

Edited:

I've tried changing all the variables, but nothing seems to change the focal distance...
    Whoops I was talking about the blur amount for motion blur.

10. Post #250
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts
    Damn, so you just film all of those videos seperately?

Edited:

Whoops I was talking about the blur amount for motion blur.
    Yeah. Set up the camers. Shorten the time line for the shot. Record. Set up the new camera placement. Adjust the timeline. Record.

etc.

11. Post #251
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    14,306 Posts
    snip

12. Post #252
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,098 Posts
    Okay I just had it for a second. I was in Firefox and I switched to the hl2.exe window, and there were two pink boxes and I was dragging one of them for about half a second and it was adjusting the focus. It's gone now and I don't know how I did it.

13. Post #253
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts
    Right click on the view port > Show Focal Pane

I've seen that, but I've never been able to get it to do anything.

14. Post #254
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    2,675 Posts
    Does the motion blur cause stuttering like in the main game?

15. Post #255
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts
    Does the motion blur cause stuttering like in the main game?
    What?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #256
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    2,675 Posts
    If you have motion blur enabled in the main game, It causes a sort of pulsing at the edge of the screen, or at least for me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #257
    August 2008
    1,067 Posts
    I think the way Valve uses multiple cameras is by demo smoothing. Try pressing F2. I'm not on my computer with source film maker but you can try it yourself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #258
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts
    If you have motion blur enabled in the main game, It causes a sort of pulsing at the edge of the screen, or at least for me
    Do you have mat_motion_blur_forward_enabled 1 on?

Edited:

I think the way Valve uses multiple cameras is by demo smoothing. Try pressing F2. I'm not on my computer with source film maker but you can try it yourself.
    I tried doing stuff with the demo smoother, but it's really broken.

When you open the DemoUI, you can't click on it. It just goes to the back of what ever window it's in-front of. Even when you're in the engine view port, that shit won't work.

19. Post #259
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,098 Posts
    We should totally pull a "Meet the Medic leak" on the Steam User Forums.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 23Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #260
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts
    They already know we have the Film Maker :(

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1095077
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1095737

Steampowered's opinion of Facepunch:

"why are you browsing facepunch that site is full of unfunny furries"

wat

But we can try anyways!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

21. Post #261
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,684 Posts
    That's a really good idea. It'll also fool the idiots on youtube, so we're good.
    And most likely with the Steam forums, the whole thread will be like "OMGZ LOLZ" and "WTF TTIS SUx" and then when the one person who has seen this thread says anything, they'll just say "UR STUPID DUMB LOL"

22. Post #262
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts
    I figured out what the focal pane does. When you have the r_sfmfulcrumdof set to 1, where ever that pane is located is where the focal point is. Trouble is, how do I change that D:

23. Post #263
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    5,405 Posts
    Looks extremely fun.
    I wish we could run it in the present game. :sigh:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Poland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #264
    June 2009
    1,460 Posts
    That's a really good idea. It'll also fool the idiots on youtube, so we're good.
    And most likely with the Steam forums, the whole thread will be like "OMGZ LOLZ" and "WTF TTIS SUx" and then when the one person who has seen this thread says anything, they'll just say "UR STUPID DUMB LOL"
    But we need new voice acted lines for the medic and other classes...So what do we do?

25. Post #265
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    1,741 Posts
    I wonder how valve will react when they find out about this.

26. Post #266
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    5,405 Posts
    But we need new voice acted lines for the medic and other classes...So what do we do?
    Hire Robin Atkin Downes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Poland Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 5Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #267
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts
    Hire Robin Atkin Downes.
    Valve can't even hire him right now :\
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #268
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    1,741 Posts
    Valve can't even hire him right now :\
    Was he the one in jail? or was that Bill's voice actor...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #269
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,098 Posts
    We start with this.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l166/noodleboy347/mtms02.jpg
    Then this

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 8Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #270
    August 2008
    1,067 Posts
    Also just saying you can change the FOV by scrolling the mouse wheel while moving the camera around.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #271

(Used to ban users for shit posts)

July 2009
    13,342 Posts
    This makes me want an actual release that much more.

32. Post #272
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,519 Posts
    We start with this.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l166/noodleboy347/mtms02.jpg
    Then this

God damn, how long does that shit take to process on Youtube :gonk:

33. Post #273
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    1,741 Posts
    This makes me want an actual release that much more.
    Yeah, imagine this was from over 2 years ago. Just think of what it is now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

34. Post #274
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,098 Posts
    God damn, how long does that shit take to process on Youtube :gonk:
    According to the first comment it's been doing it all day. I don't care if it actually processes or not, it's funny watching everyone freak out.

35. Post #275
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    15,240 Posts
    ARG. I can't fucking find ONE working torrent of this. Every single one I've tried has no seeders. What am I searching for? Jesus.

36. Post #276
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    4,781 Posts
    I really want a official release from Valve on this, I feel dirty downloading this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

37. Post #277
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    12,875 Posts
    I really want a official release from Valve on this, I feel dirty downloading this.
    You get used to it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

38. Post #278
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    4,781 Posts
    You get used to it.
    Remember what happened when we went against Valve on the Idle program?

Bad memories.

39. Post #279
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    12,875 Posts
    You get used to eet.

40. Post #280
    August 2008
    1,067 Posts
    ARG. I can't fucking find ONE working torrent of this. Every single one I've tried has no seeders. What am I searching for? Jesus.
    Here's a working link right here:
    -snip-

But obviously only a illegal guy would download this and of course I didn't download it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)