1. Post #281
    December 2009
    132 Posts
    Here's a working link right here:
    http://btjunkie.org/torrent/Team-For...f30dc76d34c204

But obviously only a illegal guy would download this and of course I didn't download it.
    i loled at illegal guy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Useful Useful x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #282
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,170 Posts
    link removed

But obviously only a illegal guy would download this and of course I didn't download it.
    Meh, you should delete the link, you'll probably get banned.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

3. Post #283
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    12,875 Posts
    It's kind of silly to link to it if you're so worried.

Edited:

Also it's too late Accidental quoted him.

Edited:

This is sure gonna be fun when Garry uses exterminatus like in that thread to hack EGo servers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Show Events

4. Post #284
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    959 Posts
    I can't get this to work. I'm using the beta that impulse666 compiled.
    I created the Hl2.exe shortcut with this as its Target.

"C:\Program Files\Team Fortress 2\hl2.exe" -game tf2 -applaunch 440 -window -noborder -novid -tools

I double-click on the shortcut and nothing happens....

Edited:

Halp?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #285
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,370 Posts
    butts

Snip the link, SNIP THE LINK
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #286
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,170 Posts
    I can't get this to work. I'm using the beta that impulse666 compiled.
    I created the Hl2.exe shortcut with this as its Target.

"C:\Program Files\Team Fortress 2\hl2.exe" -game tf2 -applaunch 440 -window -noborder -novid -tools

I double-click on the shortcut and nothing happens....

Edited:

Halp?
    Try closing steam, dunno.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Show Events

7. Post #287
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    959 Posts
    Try closing steam, dunno.
    Steam is closed...should it be running?

EDIT:
    Running it with steam didn't do anything either.

8. Post #288
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,170 Posts
    Steam is closed...should it be running?
    I don't think so, because I've seen people using the tool with Steam opened..

Are you using Windows 7 ?

9. Post #289
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    959 Posts
    I don't think so, because I've seen people using the tool with Steam opened..

Are you using Windows 7 ?
    Nope, XP

Edit:
    Heres a screenshot of my "C:\Program Files\Team Fortress 2" Folder
    http://i47.tinypic.com/2cht8cw.jpg

10. Post #290
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,170 Posts
    It should be ok, I don't know what is going on..

11. Post #291
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,927 Posts
    DFSDFSDFadffh. I've extracted all the GCFs (that is, Source '07 Binaries, Shared Materials/Sounds/Models, and TF2 content), do the prerequisites, I start it up - I get to the RED loading screen - and boom, it crashes before I hit the main menu. I think I'll be trying the one above.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Thailand Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #292
    Community Slacker
    July 2005
    10,314 Posts
    Oh shi-, I knew my backup of the original TF2 public beta would one day be useful. Now I just need to find out how to make it run. I usually only use it to pick it apart and compare old stuff to new stuff.

13. Post #293
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,170 Posts
    Oh shi-, I knew my backup of the original TF2 public beta would one day be useful. Now I just need to find out how to make it run. I usually only use it to pick it apart and compare old stuff to new stuff.
    GCFPrep.

Try it. If I had the unpatched by valve files... :/

14. Post #294
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    12,875 Posts
    Fuck I gotta get webbug.

15. Post #295
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,927 Posts
    GCFPrep.

I think it looks up possible cachefile combinations against its own copy of the ClientRegistry blob. It won't work.

16. Post #296
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,537 Posts
    Fuck I gotta get webbug.
    What's that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #297
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,170 Posts
    I think it looks up possible cachefile combinations against its own copy of the ClientRegistry blob. It won't work.
    I used it today, worked.. Well I used it to be able to run old Dem files that don't work anymore due by the updates..

18. Post #298
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,927 Posts
    Actually, if someone with a working copy of Steam from then could upload their own (yes, it does have your username inside)...

19. Post #299
    Community Slacker
    July 2005
    10,314 Posts
    GCFPrep.

I searched for it and all I found was that "MiSteamPrep" has superseded GCFPrep, so I got that. It isn't detecting my beta TF2, though. Only the regular TF2.

20. Post #300
    August 2008
    1,067 Posts
    Well it has to be the v0 version. I MEAN it has to not have any updates at all for it to work. The beta files you have may be updated to some updated beta.

21. Post #301
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    12,875 Posts
    What's that?
    Machinima maker.

Edited:

But man he will be pissed.

22. Post #302
    Community Slacker
    July 2005
    10,314 Posts
    Well it has to be the v0 version. I MEAN it has to not have any updates at all for it to work. The beta files you have may be updated to some updated beta.
    It is. The files are still dated.

23. Post #303
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    959 Posts
    Can someone please help me get this working? I'm haveing the same issue as I have been towards the top of the page.

24. Post #304
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,537 Posts
    Can someone please help me get this working? I'm haveing the same issue as I have been towards the top of the page.
    Try the target I'm using:

"C:\Program Files \Team Fortress 2\hl2.exe" -game tf -tools -console -applaunch 440 -window -noborder -novid -w 1900 -h 1000

(just change your res)

25. Post #305
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    959 Posts
    Try the target I'm using:

"C:\Program Files \Team Fortress 2\hl2.exe" -game tf -tools -console -applaunch 440 -window -noborder -novid -w 1900 -h 1000

(just change your res)
    It loaded up TF2 like normal in windowed mode but instead of showing the menu the window was just blank white. I could hear the music and the rollover sounds but couldn't see anything.

I'm Uninstalling the TF2 Beta and Re-Installing it to see if that helps at all.

26. Post #306
    Shit, I still have got a feeling that Scout from beta looks different than this one from today's versions.
    And by the way, while we have got beta Sniper skin (without scratch on his face), we can upload it to fpsbanana or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Poland Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

27. Post #307
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    5,605 Posts
    Has anyone tried this with other game content? Maybe mods?

Edited:

Even though I suspect playing the games wouldn't work because of the engine version differences in the DLLs

28. Post #308
    December 2009
    1,057 Posts
    http://i45.tinypic.com/k9768z.jpg
    Thanks OP you're a cool guy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6 (list)

29. Post #309
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,050 Posts
    So, what, I just need the beta TF2, and I can get this?
    Is cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #310
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    5,605 Posts
    The very first version of it, to be precise.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #311
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,927 Posts
    SDFSDFDSFSDFDS btaccel just sped from 100% at 1% to 0% at "unknown". FFF.

32. Post #312
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,331 Posts
    I can't get it working. ;-;
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #313
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,170 Posts
    huh. Forget this post.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #314
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,587 Posts
    I'm still downloading at 20kb/s.. :/
    Im at 95% downloading around 50KB.
    Will seed all i can when done
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

35. Post #315
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,927 Posts
    I'm still downloading at 20kb/s.. :/
    I'm also downloading seperately at 20 kb/s. I do have a copy of the GCFs but I haven't been able to extract them and get to work properly.

36. Post #316
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    5,605 Posts
    ITT tons of FP members admit to piracy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #317
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,050 Posts
    Im at 95% downloading around 50KB.
    Will seed all i can when done
    So, the torrent provided by Chunk3ym4n is legit?
    I was just about to download, just wanted to make sure.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #318
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,927 Posts
    ITT tons of FP members admit to piracy.
    Good lord, who doesn't pirate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Thailand Show Events Agree Agree x 20 (list)

39. Post #319
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,331 Posts
    So, the torrent provided by Chunk3ym4n is legit?
    I was just about to download, just wanted to make sure.
    I've personally not been able to get it to work, but I may have done something wrong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #320
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    4,781 Posts
    Good lord, who doesn't pirate.
    Me.

I'm a Virgin in the world of the internet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 9Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)