1. Post #1

January 2010
    2 Posts
    I want to reinstall Garry's Mod like new.Like I don't want any achievements unlocked, as if I just bought it.
    Also, I tried to do this way Delete Local Contend->Delete Garry's Mod Folder->Reinstall, but it didnt like restart the achievements and stuff.I tried to do it the other way around, but still no luck.I even tried to close steam and then delete the Garry's Mod folder and reinstall.So please someone tell me how to reinstall Garry's Mod like new!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Follow me on github!
    January 2009
    2,622 Posts
    Achievements are held on steam's side.

There is no way of deleating them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    10,248 Posts
    "Like new"?

Buy a new copy of GMod on a new steam account, perhaps?

Edited:

Just like the above guy said.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #4

January 2010
    2 Posts
    "Like new"?

Buy a new copy of GMod on a new steam account, perhaps?

Edited:

Just like the above guy said.
    Alright then, I don't care about the achievements...I just want Garry's mod to be like in default.BTW I want to this because I've been having some problems like small texts ingame and sometimes when loading and it wasnt doing that like a month ago.So yeah...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    July 2009
    56 Posts
    Alright then, I don't care about the achievements...I just want Garry's mod to be like in default.BTW I want to this because I've been having some problems like small texts ingame and sometimes when loading and it wasnt doing that like a month ago.So yeah...
    You don't necessarily have to reinstall if you have only a few minor problems if you only have like 2 mods then you might as well delete them but if you have a dozen or more you can just completely delete from C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/USERNAME/ and there should be garrysmod, delete it then go to steam and reinstall it.
    And vwalla :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    May 2009
    134 Posts
    You don't necessarily have to reinstall if you have only a few minor problems if you only have like 2 mods then you might as well delete them but if you have a dozen or more you can just completely delete from C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/USERNAME/ and there should be garrysmod, delete it then go to steam and reinstall it.
    And vwalla :)
    Surely you mean voila? :razz: :fuckyou:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    17,475 Posts
    Go into steam/steamapps/[username]/garrysmod/ and rename your second "garrysmod" folder to "garrysmod old" then start the game. A new, clean folder will be created. You can then do whatever you want with the "garrysmod old" folder.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Dennab
    December 2009
    100 Posts
    or you could just go into steam games and right click garrysmod 100% ready then click delete all local content

then go to store and find garrysmod click on it

it will be free since u already bought it

download it and there u go :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9

December 2009
    69 Posts
    or you could just go into steam games and right click garrysmod 100% ready then click delete all local content

Are you sure that that will work?

10. Post #10
    July 2009
    6,138 Posts

That won't work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    17,475 Posts
    I think this guy has just proven he doesn't know how to install games from his games list...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #12
    Dennab
    December 2009
    100 Posts
    I think this guy has just proven he doesn't know how to install games from his games list...
    i was talking about from my games list dumbass, all you do is right click on garrysmod and click delete local content then u go to store and it should be free
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    17,475 Posts
    Did you know you can install games from your games list?

You don't have to go to the store page.

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    7,987 Posts

15. Post #15
    December 2009
    6,407 Posts
    go into steam/steamapps/[username]/garrysmod/ and rename your second "garrysmod" folder to "garrysmod old" then start the game. A new, clean folder will be created. You can then do whatever you want with the "garrysmod old" folder.
    do that

that also

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    17,475 Posts
    Why did you post?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #17

May 2010
    3 Posts
    Go into steam/steamapps/[username]/garrysmod/ and rename your second "garrysmod" folder to "garrysmod old" then start the game. A new, clean folder will be created. You can then do whatever you want with the "garrysmod old" folder.

Well i want to delete my gmod old folder but I'm not quite sure what will happen...So if i delete the folder will something happen to my reinstalled gmod?

18. Post #18
    February 2010
    25 Posts
    I Tried renaming it but it says access is denied.

EDIT:Never mind i got it