1. Post #1

November 2009
    154 Posts
    Im about to buy this pc from www.tigerdirect.com. People have posted that it plays their games on the highest quality but nothing compares to crysis. So I need to know what your estimates are for when I play it like the settings.
    Title:
    iBUYPOWER Gamer Extreme 908 SLC Desktop PC - Intel Core i7 860 2.8GHz, 4GB DDR3, 1TB HDD, DVDRW, ATI Radeon HD4670, Liquid Cooling, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Edition

Link:http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...y=#ReviewStart

Is that card good?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 27Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    4,874 Posts
    why the fuck did you get a low-end last generation card with your i7
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 24Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3

November 2009
    154 Posts
    why the fuck did you get a low-end last generation card with your i7
    You'll have to explain what you mean. I'm not good with graphics cards. I bought the computer as a whole so it just came with it? Why is it not good?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

4. Post #4
    You'll have to explain what you mean. I'm not good with graphics cards. I bought the computer as a whole so it just came with it? Why is it not good?
    Because it's a low end card. Also, why would you buy a pre-built?

Don't buy it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

5. Post #5

November 2009
    154 Posts
    Because it's a low end card. Also, why would you buy a pre-built?
    Well, I'm only 15 and my brother and his friend were going to buy and build a great one for my 900 dollar budget but got lazy so I had to buy it. So your saying the cards no good? Will it play crysis atleast
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12 (list)

6. Post #6
    goatse
    January 2006
    32,131 Posts
    Well, I'm only 15 and my brother and his friend were going to buy and build a great one for my 900 dollar budget but got lazy so I had to buy it. So your saying the cards no good? Will it play crysis atleast

It WILL play, not at what you would want it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7

November 2009
    154 Posts
    It WILL play, not at what you would want it.

Really i just want it to do that lol, point me towards a good graphics card? What do you think my FPS would be on average for medium settings?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Compare this:

To this:

they use a line chart with a discrete independent variable ffffff   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #9

November 2009
    154 Posts
    Compare this:

To this:

they use a line chart with a discrete independent variable ffffff   
    I honestly don't know enough about graphics cards to read that sorry :/
    Edit:
    Ok I think I get it to the most part. So my framerate will still be 40, thats good I thought?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Okay, let me guide you through how graphs work. You see on the first picture, how the bar on the 5870 goes up to 29? That means that it does 29 fps on 1650x1050. Good. Now on the second picture, you see how the purple line (fff) barely goes above 20, yes? That means the 4670 gives 20 fps at 1650x1050.

I shouldn't have to instruct a 15-year old in basic math.

Edited:

The main reason people are raging is that you got a build where everything is high-end except for the graphics card, which will most likely bottleneck everything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

11. Post #11

November 2009
    154 Posts
    Okay, let me guide you through how graphs work. You see on the first picture, how the bar on the 5870 goes up to 29? That means that it does 29 fps on 1650x1050. Good. Now on the second picture, you see how the purple line (fff) barely goes above 20, yes? That means the 4670 gives 20 fps at 1650x1050.

I shouldn't have to instruct a 15-year old in basic math.

Edited:

The main reason people are raging is that you got a build where everything is high-end except for the graphics card, which will most likely bottleneck everything.
    Yes I got that, as my edit proposed. But will it play crysis at high settings with good, smooth framerate?

Edit:
    Didnt see your edit. Ok I understand what your saying now. Thank you all for explaining :/ I just really want a good pc and I finally have the money for it. I saw all these videos with people having good framerate and their computer was way worse than what this one had so I figured I could run it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    No.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member

November 2007
    4,543 Posts
    Yes I got that, as my edit proposed. But will it play crysis at high settings with good, smooth framerate?

Edit:
    Didnt see your edit. Ok I understand what your saying now. Thank you all for explaining :/ I just really want a good pc and I finally have the money for it. I saw all these videos with people having good framerate and their computer was way worse than what this one had so I figured I could run it.
    no, 4670 is shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Also don't go with an i7 if you're only really using it for gaming.

Edited:

Seriously, just build your own, you will save a lot of money.

15. Post #15

November 2009
    154 Posts
    Also don't go with an i7 if you're only really using it for gaming.
    Thank you so much, I was about to actually do it in a couple more days, could anyone point me a good pc on tigerdirect.com that can do as I have explained? Under 1000 bucks :/

EDIT:
    Aite I will get on my brother to build me one for sure then, what graphics card do you recommend me buying?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    RESIDENT ASBESTOS OBSESSIVE
    July 2008
    5,507 Posts
    Save money on the i7 and get a better graphics card instead.

17. Post #17

November 2009
    154 Posts
    Save money on the i7 and get a better graphics card instead.
    Is the I7 not good or just not optimized for gaming?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

18. Post #18
    July 2008
    5,507 Posts
    I think someone should just do the whole build for him, since he has no idea what he's doing.
    Why not ask your brother for advice, if he's building it he probably knows his stuff.

The i7 is overpowered for gaming to put it simply(not saying it isn't good for gaming though, you just don't need that much raw power), you could get a lower end processor and still get similar frame rates on most games. Considering you will be spending less money on the processor, you will be able to get a better graphics card.

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    5,531 Posts
    The one plus i can think of on that pc is that it has great upgrading potential.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    goatse
    January 2006
    32,131 Posts

Really i just want it to do that lol, point me towards a good graphics card? What do you think my FPS would be on average for medium settings?

You are rendering those videos frame by frame, then compiling them into a video, you can have a low end card to do that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    5,531 Posts
    Get an I5 (It is the same as an i7 without the hypertrading) which you do not need unless you are a 3d modeler or something.

For graphics get a 5850
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    July 2008
    5,507 Posts
    Get an I5 (It is the same as an i7 without the hypertrading) which you do not need unless you are a 3d modeler or something.

For graphics get a 5850
    I think he could do better than that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #23
    goatse
    January 2006
    32,131 Posts
    Is the I7 not good or just not optimized for gaming?

It's good, it's just ibuypower is shit and they're short handing you a full PC with a shit GFX card.

if you have enough money, buy it, replace the GFX card, done. (that's if the PSU isn't shit too)

24. Post #24

November 2009
    154 Posts
    You are rendering those videos frame by frame, then compiling them into a video, you can have a low end card to do that.
    Aite thanks guys, sorry to annoy/bother you all. I just really want to play my games at the best I can get for my money thats all dont mean to be a annoyance.

BUT one more thing, just looking on other sites for IBuyPower's found this one for nearly the same price, the reviewer said he played crysis on all high settings with good framerate
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883227179

25. Post #25
    Sour Grapes
    March 2007
    4,699 Posts
    Build it

26. Post #26
    Gold Member

November 2007
    4,543 Posts
    500gb, 5770, average case, AMD 965, and 4GB by iBuypower at $919.

SOMETHING IS FISHY. I can't explain it, but that's fishy as shit.

but besides my paranoia, that's more than enough to play Crysis.

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    1,872 Posts
    Just build it, you'll get far better price for performance.

28. Post #28

November 2009
    154 Posts
    500gb, 5770, average case, AMD 965, and 4GB by iBuypower at $919.

SOMETHING IS FISHY. I can't explain it, but that's fishy as shit.

but besides my paranoia, that's more than enough to play Crysis.
    THANK YOU, an answer in this forum other than "Build it yourself." I hope your quite serious but thanks ahead of time if I get it. I still might build it.

29. Post #29
    Do this build - it's $1000 and has an i5 and a 5850.

http://www.facepunch.com/showpost.ph...91&postcount=5
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member

November 2007
    4,543 Posts
    THANK YOU, an answer in this forum other than "Build it yourself." I hope your quite serious but thanks ahead of time if I get it. I still might build it.
    you should really build it though, computer manufacturers cut corners, and give you crappier shit than it's listed.

if your gonna buy that PC, buy it with caution, because computers that comes in with ridiculous good price like that with good specs, usually has a bullshit catch.

31. Post #31
    December 2008
    145 Posts
    this is a pc building sub thread not a is this computer good thread

32. Post #32

November 2009
    154 Posts
    I'm sorry it was moved here I assume by a moderator I'm sure theirs a forum to argue with them?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member

November 2007
    4,543 Posts
    http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=755171

What this section is for:
    -Getting help choosing parts for a computer
    -Getting help building a computer
    -Getting help with prebuilts
    -Getting help with laptops

but srsly, OP, look around this forum, look after page and after page.

it may seem boring, but your dealing with over 800 bucks.

34. Post #34
    January 2008
    2,339 Posts
    http://www.facepunch.com/showpost.ph...02&postcount=3
    You can trade the 5850 for other graphics cards too if you want to spend more/less.
    Ask me if you want to.

Build that yourself or use this prebuilt:
    http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Confi...26&t=w&c=12202

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,466 Posts
    Do this build - it's $1000 and has an i5 and a 5850.

http://www.facepunch.com/showpost.ph...91&postcount=5
    This.
    Please try to not buy a pre-built. Only if you really have to

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,651 Posts
    I've got an 4670 and an Intel Core i5. Runs Crysis on high with 25-40 FPS. (I built it myself, and simply re-used the 4670.) I'm getting a new GPU next month, though.

37. Post #37
    January 2008
    2,339 Posts
    This.
    Please try to not buy a pre-built. Only if you really have to
    *cough*

My build I posted is better than his.

If you do decide you want prebuilt, let me go back and rebuild one and look through all their offers. I just made that as a quickie.

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    7,004 Posts
    It seems getting lazy was your biggest mistake.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #39
    OP, the bottom line is that the build you're looking at will play Crysis on high settings, but you could get so much more for that kind of money if you just built one yourself.

i didnt realise my postcount was that high i thought i was still at 1400
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,466 Posts
    *cough*

My build I posted is better than his.

If you do decide you want prebuilt, let me go back and rebuild one and look through all their offers. I just made that as a quickie.
    Sorry didn't see that had multiple threads open, get his