December 2009
    859 Posts
    I hope the 360 version supports full AA.....:frown:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

2. Post #282
    September 2007
    672 Posts
    I hope the 360 version supports full AA.....:frown:
    With Fallout 3? That's asking for too much. I have Fo3 for the 360, and it lags in certain areas. But even without AA, it still looked quite good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

3. Post #283
    April 2008
    978 Posts
    I got my PC Gamer today, it has a massive preview of new vegas in it. I skimmed through it, and it looks very, very similar to Fallout 3. I'll have a proper read of it and see if I can dig up some details.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

4. Post #284
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,001 Posts
    I got my PC Gamer today, it has a massive preview of new vegas in it. I skimmed through it, and it looks very, very similar to Fallout 3. I'll have a proper read of it and see if I can dig up some details.
    Please do, I'm really interested.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #285
    April 2008
    978 Posts
    Please do, I'm really interested.
    OK, from what I've read:
    [list][*]Much sharper writing [*]Upgraded Persuade, Barter , and Companion systems[*]More high impact choices to be made (Do I send power to here, here, here, or turn the entire power plant into a massive fucking laser?)[*]More, better melee weapons[*]Improved weapon diversity.[*]It's fuckin' Vegas, mang. Although, not the current, incredibly tasteless one with all the fountains and massive pyramids. This is the slightly more reserved '50s vegas.[*]There also seems to be a background where you've been shot and left for dead in a shallow grave, are found by someone, and want to get revenge, in addition to the Chinese Ghoul one.[/list]
    Screenshots look very similar to FO3. There's a few new pieces of equipment, and a supermutant called Tabitha who wears glasses and a wig, however the super mutants just look like reskinned Capital wasteland supermutants. Overall, looks pretty good, hopefully the similarity between the two games at least means modding is again a possibility, and perhaps a different development team can figure out how to implement fucking diagonal running animations.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 5 (list)

6. Post #286
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,428 Posts
    Scans, please.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Turkey Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #287
    April 2008
    978 Posts
    Scans, please.
    If I actually had a scanner, I'd post them instead of writing all that shit. As it stands, I'd rather wait for someone else to scan it than take huge, blurry, unclear pictures of it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

8. Post #288
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,336 Posts
    I just hope that the city of Vegas isn't going to be based in the corner of the map like in F3.
    It should to be in the middle since it's a desert.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #289
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,277 Posts
    Thanks for the info man! maybe someone can scan the pics?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events

10. Post #290
    April 2008
    978 Posts
    I just hope that the city of Vegas isn't going to be based in the corner of the map like in F3.
    It should to be in the middle since it's a desert.
    I just hope that you can walk trough the damn thing properly, instead of going through those fucking subway tunnels all the time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

11. Post #291
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,002 Posts
    Holy fuck I can't wait.

12. Post #292

June 2005
    44 Posts

- First-person action RPG with the same engine as Fallout 3 (sorry, Van Buren fans).
    - Set in the Mojave wastelands. Vegas didn't get many nukes. More intact buildings, as well as desert vegetation. Vegas itself is mostly intact.
    - You don't play a Vault Dweller (or descendant of one) but a courier, left for dead and saved by a friendly robot.
    - The overarching story is a struggle between the locals, Caesar's Legion (a faction of slavers from the east) and the New Californian Republic. Vegas itself is mostly intact. Both karma and reputation are tracked. If I'm reading it right there's separate reputations for each of the settlements, as in 1 and 2.
    - All dialogue options are shown to all players, regardless of whether you have the stats to succeed or not, though there's no punishment for failure.
    - Bartering is not just lower prices but negotiating for better rewards.
    - VATS returns, and melee weapons have special moves in it. The golf club has "Fore!", which is a shot to the golf balls (so to speak) that knocks the opponent down. Weapons also now have knock-back upon death, with shotguns sending mans flying.
    - Super Mutants return, but in two varieties - the smarter ones from Fallout 1, and the idiot ones from Fallout 3. On at least one occasion you can convince them to fight amongst themselves.
    - New weapons include what appears to be an M4 and a grenade machinegun.
    - Followers can be managed through a context-sensitive menu, with orders like "follow", "stay" or "attack".
    - Hardcore Mode! In this mode, Stimpacks heal over time (as opposed to instantly), combat is tougher, ammo has weight and you can suffer dehydration, so keep some water on you!
    Holy shit yes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Informative Informative x 5 (list)

13. Post #293
    Dennab
    May 2005
    839 Posts
    That ugly wristwatch just had to make a comeback. Oh well. Mods found a solution for that unsightly problem in Fallout 3, it's only a matter of time before it's solved again.

Edited:

Everything else is gravy though. Especially being able to get more specific rewards and assistance in dialogue by investing in skills. Hopefully the tutorial sequence won't be as pretentious as growing up in Vault 101.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #294
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,428 Posts
    Thanks for the scans.

Edit: Where's the other pages? I thought it was six pages.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Turkey Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #295
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,288 Posts
    I look forward to running over deathclaws.

:c00l:

16. Post #296
    January 2007
    420 Posts
    Fall 2010? Shit, I need to finish off all the DLC content for Fallout 3 still.

I hope they make tweaks to the gun mechanics. I felt like VATS was the only way to really succeed in combat. With sniping, I could get about 1 shot off before things went to shit. In fact, I barely sniped, because it wasn't very effective. Fallout is a game that begs for you to scope out a decent hiding spot among the ruins to pick enemies off, yet I found myself having to run in and use VATS to target everything. I guess I'm saying that aiming and shooting didn't feel polished.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #297
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2008
    7,561 Posts
    Because Fallout wasn't made to be first person.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 11Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #298
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    1,460 Posts
    Fall 2010? Shit, I need to finish off all the DLC content for Fallout 3 still.

I hope they make tweaks to the gun mechanics. I felt like VATS was the only way to really succeed in combat. With sniping, I could get about 1 shot off before things went to shit. In fact, I barely sniped, because it wasn't very effective. Fallout is a game that begs for you to scope out a decent hiding spot among the ruins to pick enemies off, yet I found myself having to run in and use VATS to target everything. I guess I'm saying that aiming and shooting didn't feel polished.
    Yeah, it felt too RPGish. Either you run up to the enemy and shoot them 50 times with a rocket launcher, or you hold S and tap M1. It really needs a more FPS style approach to the shooting mechanics.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #299
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    3,218 Posts
    I hated the gameplay in Fallout 3, really weak FPS elements watered down the fun of exploration. The story was let down by the poor execution in game, oh no we're going to die (walks over to computer casually). Mocap plox.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #300
    January 2007
    420 Posts
    Yeah, it felt too RPGish. Either you run up to the enemy and shoot them 50 times with a rocket launcher, or you hold S and tap M1. It really needs a more FPS style approach to the shooting mechanics.
    Yeah, like previous Fallout games were RPGs, so I could understand wanting to keep it close to those games, but with the FPS direction that they chose for Fallout 3..they need to polish it up more. It would honestly make the game much more enjoyable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #301
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,478 Posts
    Actually for me FO3 was a good game but it was ugly.The environment colors were shit but I can't wait to explore the Vaults in the game.I love going to places where many shit happened and I read it through some PC.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Greece Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #302
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,289 Posts
    Oh god I loved Fallout 3. Can't wait for this.
    No release date yet right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Spain Show Events

23. Post #303
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    3,610 Posts
    I have some doubt that these details were actually "leaked"

24. Post #304
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,235 Posts
    I hope there is going to be a RTS mod for this one too.

25. Post #305
    I asked Obama about Facepunch and all I got was molested by the Secret Service
    December 2009
    4,144 Posts
    Hey I wonder if we can visit that vault that had the puppets in it.

Edited:

Most likely maybe better than the last one I used.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #306
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,235 Posts
    I hope it doesn't have shitty boring main quest where we die at the end and have to pay 10$ to play again.

Oh wait, obsidian, NVM carry on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #307
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    16,575 Posts
    That was my thought too. When I played fallout 3 I was thinking the entire time that it needed vehicles and a thunderdome. (the later was sort of obliged with The Pitt).

For some reason I'm more exited about the eventual DLC and the potential opening up of the west coast.
    One of the inspirations for Fallout was Mad Max.

28. Post #308
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    13,524 Posts
    "where they commit hari kari with cyanide capsules"
    Chinese committing harakiri with cyanide?

uh
    what. This sounds fake.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events

29. Post #309
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,633 Posts
    Gotta reinstall fallout 3 now. I hope it doesn't mess up this time with mods and the script extender for it. Vehicles sound interesting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #310
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    3,248 Posts
    EDIT

Found out myself. Crazy Brits getting it before us.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

31. Post #311

January 2010
    114 Posts
    Making it RPG would make it shit, the Fallout 1 and 2 where so god damned boring waiting to actually move somewhere, If you want RTS go play some shitty RTS indie game you nerds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 15Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

32. Post #312
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    8,386 Posts
    This game sounds like its going to blow Fallout 3 out of the water.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

33. Post #313
    churboi austin
    October 2007
    12,798 Posts
    I'll probably get it, it sounds good.

But WHY DOES IT LOOK EXACTLY LIKE 3!?
    WHY!?

Also does anyone remember Fallout: Brotherhood of steel on the Xbox and PS2?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

34. Post #314
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    3,248 Posts
    I'll probably get it, it sounds good.

But WHY DOES IT LOOK EXACTLY LIKE 3!?
    WHY!?
    Because its on the same engine?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

35. Post #315
    December 2008
    18 Posts
    Zeke129; 19... posted:
    No you weren't, everyone loved Fallout 3, you're wrong

But seriously, we can play as a ghoul. Fuck yeah smoothskin
    I played F3 and it was cool and all, but it was no where to my expectations.

Being a Ghoul? Fuck yeah! Love the idea, and in F3 I wanted to try it, now is my chance.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Hungary Show Events

36. Post #316
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    1,643 Posts
    :iia:

37. Post #317
    churboi austin
    October 2007
    12,798 Posts
    Because its on the same engine?
    But WHY IS IT ON THE SAME SHITTY GAMEBRYO!
    Gamebryo sucks, I thought with a new developer they'd move on.
    That's the biggest disappointment to me, because the gun combat won't be that great again, because of the engine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #318
    December 2008
    7,216 Posts
    The pics look to me as Fallout 3 DLC

Edited:

Why can"t we be normal person born in waste the vault dweller thing is just old now

Edited:

Well aleast a M4
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 8Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #319
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    20,790 Posts
    200 people reading. What?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #320
    Dennab
    May 2005
    839 Posts
    The pics look to me as Fallout 3 DLC
    Then bother to read the article. Whatever anyone thinks of this title, it's already looking to be bigger than the baseline Fallout 3 experience and all of its DLC combined.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)