1. Post #161
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    8,447 Posts
    No, WE don't care. We aren't the people in question here. The executives are, and they aren't going to back a game that can't make profits.

Oh, and you're wrong, Diablo 3 is NOT FUCKING TURN BASED like fallout 1/2.

What, are you 12 or something, and think video games are free to make?
    you are a fucking idiot, I was talking about it being Isometric, and you know there are still a shit load of Turn Based RPG's coming out of Japan, even if something like Fallout 1 didn't do well here it will still do well over sea's.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

2. Post #162
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    18,141 Posts
    you are a fucking idiot, I was talking about it being Isometric, and you know there are still a shit load of Turn Based RPG's coming out of Japan, even if something like Fallout 1 didn't do well here it will still do well over sea's.
    Oh, I know you were talking about it being Isometric, HE was talking about it being Isometric, and turn based. And, sorry to say, but Western games don't typically sell well there, a Fallout style game is completely contrary to their culture, especially in video games. It wouldn't sell well to be honest, and it's a narrow market. It isn't a good idea market wise, to sell that here, where the main audience is, and fuck, I guess you just don't see the point in evolving a series. Let's just keep it 20 years ago, seeing as there's only so far to go in a turn based, AP-limited, turn based game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

3. Post #163
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    8,447 Posts
    I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH FALLOUT BEING AN FPS.

I am more of an FPS gamer, it was the shitty story, shitty graphics, shitty characters, and shitty writing that make me dislike it, not the point of view.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

4. Post #164
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    18,141 Posts
    I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH FALLOUT BEING AN FPS.

I am more of an FPS gamer, it was the shitty story, shitty graphics, shitty characters, and shitty writing that make me dislike it, not the point of view.
    I'll ignore the graphics quip because that's in itself, idiotic. Story was fine, as lackluster as all the stories in F1/2. What made those games amazing was the atmosphere and degree of immersion that atmosphere gave you. Characters in Fo3 were some what shitty to a degree.

All in all, still a fun game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

5. Post #165
    Movie quote goes here, because...
    Dennab
    October 2008
    8,076 Posts
    but, you've gotta hand it to FO3. it's hilariously random. i've never been KO'd by any other game. caused by laughter and lack of breath
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #166
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    3,009 Posts
    but, you've gotta hand it to FO3. it's hilariously random. i've never been KO'd by any other game. caused by laughter and lack of breath
    Oh god when the....uh...then like....yeah....I laughed a lot....too...:gbsmith:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Estonia Show Events

7. Post #167
    Dennab
    October 2008
    8,076 Posts
    Oh god when the yao guai attacked the trader out of pure nothing uh...then later i shot one that like....did a tripple backflip I laughed a lot. later i had t BB-gun and BB-bat 2 brahmin, 2 sumermuties and a centaur.
    fix'd. come, ooon you must have seen some random shit? like king scorpions taking out all of canterbury commons or daves republic?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #168
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    8,447 Posts
    I'll ignore the graphics quip because that's in itself, idiotic. Story was fine, as lackluster as all the stories in F1/2. What made those games amazing was the atmosphere and degree of immersion that atmosphere gave you. Characters in Fo3 were some what shitty to a degree.

All in all, still a fun game.
    its fun if you like a mindless shooter, which can be fun on occasion in my case (Killing Floor), but sometimes I like to THINK when I am playing video games, Fallout 1 was the first game that I had to use tactics in (back in good ol 2009 when I first played it ), Fallout 1 has a steep learning curve, which is what made it so great in my eyes, in Fallout 3 it felt like my hand was being held all the way through the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #169
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,392 Posts
    its fun if you like a mindless shooter, which can be fun on occasion in my case (Killing Floor), but sometimes I like to THINK when I am playing video games, Fallout 1 was the first game that I had to use tactics in (back in good ol 2009 when I first played it ), Fallout 1 has a steep learning curve, which is what made it so great in my eyes, in Fallout 3 it felt like my hand was being held all the way through the game.
    Fallout 1's learning curve: Click on enemy, move next it, stab/shoot, repeat steps 1-3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #170
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    18,141 Posts
    So, not only do you feel the need to condescend, you also feel the need to make yourself look like a in doing so.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #171
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    19,065 Posts
    fallout 1 & 2 had great story and quests, but the combat system was entirely retarded.

Even in the easy difficultly, just hitting a god damn giant ant in front of you was hard.

I still remember repeatedly missing with a 98% to hit only for an Alien to critically hit me to death.
    There are no live aliens.

Edited:

Fallout 1's learning curve: Click on enemy, move next it, stab/shoot, repeat steps 1-3.
    Fallout 3's learning curve: point at enemy, click. Repeat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 10Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #172

December 2008
    1,533 Posts
    There will be vehicles.
    YES!!!

You can customize your vehicle with parts bought at shops or won through racing circuits and quests.

OH MY GOD YEEESS!!

Vehicles will not be common, but you will encounter road gangs, merchant caravans, and other vehicles in the wastes. The open desert is home to some very large mutant creatures, like giant radscorpions and sandworms, that will attack your vehicle.

OH MY FUCKING GOD YES YES YES!!! THIS WILL BE THE BEST ADDITION EVER!!!!
    If only fallout 3 had vehicles....it had so much potential! But they had to place debris everywhere!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Singapore Show Events

13. Post #173
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,235 Posts
    They cost more then he is worth. and that isn't much judging my his parents buying him at K-mart, during a blue light special.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

14. Post #174
    I HAVE A SQUID FETISH
    April 2005
    8,217 Posts
    Fallout 1's learning curve = walk out of vault. Get attacked by swarm of rats. Relise that your char can't handle rats. Die. Remake character. Get past rats. Run into pack of radscorpians. Die.

Still loved that game.

Oh and isometric is not 3d. modern c&c games are NOT isometric. They are 3d. Isometric is used to give the illusion of 3d.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #175
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    14,997 Posts
    More like, click on enemy, move next to it, miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, hit, die, ragequit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #176
    I HAVE A SQUID FETISH
    April 2005
    8,217 Posts
    More like, click on enemy, move next to it, miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, hit, die, ragequit.
    Wait till you run into the pariah dog on fallout 2. You can't even kill the thing because your luck goes down to 1, and it has an immense hp.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

17. Post #177
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,925 Posts
    Oh and isometric is not 3d. modern c&c games are NOT isometric. They are 3d. Isometric is used to give the illusion of 3d.
    Last C&C was Renegade and that was 3d. Ironic that the last one was 3D while others were 2.5 :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #178
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    6,044 Posts
    don't believe a word until its confirmed...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #179
    I HAVE A SQUID FETISH
    April 2005
    8,217 Posts
    Last C&C was Renegade and that was 3d. Ironic that the last one was 3D while others were 2.5 :P
    Is RA3 not 3d?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

20. Post #180
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,925 Posts
    Is RA3 not 3d?
    'tis no C&C.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #181
    Gold Member

November 2007
    4,615 Posts
    There are no live aliens.

also wrong, Fallout 1 &2 learning curve:

MISS
    MISS
    MISS
    MISS
    MISS

You've been critically hit!

You've died, not even caravans loot your radiated corpse.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

22. Post #182
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    19,065 Posts

also wrong, Fallout 1 &2 learning curve:

MISS
    MISS
    MISS
    MISS
    MISS

You've been critically hit!

You've died, not even caravans loot your radiated corpse.
    Wanamingos are not aliens although they do look like them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events

23. Post #183
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    2,739 Posts
    Wanamingos are not aliens although they do look like them.
    yea. there is no background story about them right?

24. Post #184

25. Post #185
    Actually a cool guy
    June 2005
    3,029 Posts
    If only fallout 3 had vehicles....it had so much potential! But they had to place debris everywhere!
    A flyable Vertibird would have been so awesome...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

26. Post #186
    August 2009
    1,155 Posts
    No you weren't, everyone loved Fallout 3, you're wrong
    Are you a complete fucking idiot or something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Israel Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

27. Post #187
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    18,141 Posts
    Are you a complete fucking idiot or something
    Are you?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #188
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,347 Posts
    that would be impossible. kotor was borrowed from bioware. fallout was their own creation. if anyone destroyed it it was bethesda. if you can get your sugar levels on a normal level you should play the first ones. that is, if you can accept that this isn't on speed like diablo and it's got great story.
    Fallout wasn't their creation, it was Black Isles creation. The major thing is that the publisher split into Troika and Obsidian. Obsidian does lackluster sequels to Bioware games. And Troika makes fantastic RPGs that are buggy nightmares and fail to sell. Yet one got shut down and the RPG genre will never be as wonderful thanks to that.

(Hint: Troika was shut down, they were working on a sequel to Arcanum and it was going to be on the source engine.)

29. Post #189
    Dennab
    October 2008
    8,076 Posts
    Fallout wasn't their creation, it was Black Isles creation. The major thing is that the publisher split into Troika and Obsidian. Obsidian does lackluster sequels to Bioware games. And Troika makes fantastic RPGs that are buggy nightmares and fail to sell. Yet one got shut down and the RPG genre will never be as wonderful thanks to that.

(Hint: Troika was shut down, they were working on a sequel to Arcanum and it was going to be on the source engine.)
    Black Isle was already mediocre at bugsquatting. and we've already seen how disastrous an RPG on the source engine is. i hate to say it because they were once something great, but, good riddance.

and i don't know if you've read up on the New Vegas stories. but most of the team behind fallout 2 are working on it. these are the guys who helped bring the fallout universe to life. i'd call that "getting made by the creators of the old games" wouldn't you?

i don't think it's just for shits and giggles that bethesda signed with these people. they want a failsafe if their current direction with the series fails in the long run. also, unlimited access to original lore and stuff like that. it would be exactly like having Tolkien help creat LoTR online.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events

30. Post #190
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,347 Posts
    Tolkien help creat LoTR online.
    Unless you mean his son, Tolkien is dead.

Also

Troika

VS

Obsidian

We can see who had the greater imagination.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #191
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    714 Posts
    This is a little late, this was announced last April! For those asking most sources suggest it will be based on the Fallout 3 Engine.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Portal:Fallout:_New_Vegas
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #192
    Dennab
    October 2008
    8,076 Posts

Also

Troika

VS

Obsidian

i know Tolkien is dead. that wouldn't change the fact that having him in all his decomposed glory help with creation would be a major advantage.

i can't speak about those two games as i haven't tried either. but i'm guessing, by common notion that. Vampire bloodlines was covered in bugs and Kotor 2 was just as borrowed as NWN2 was.

ofcourse they would both be covered in the usual storytelling and advancement that makes good RPGs?
    also, i'm fan of BG, FO and IWD series. yet i've never even seen a hint at Troikas existence, unlike obsidian.

33. Post #193
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    18,141 Posts

Also

Troika

VS

Obsidian

KOTOR 2 was good... It had some bugs, and had some problems, but it was still a good god damn game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

34. Post #194
    August 2009
    1,155 Posts
    So you're saying that this is a smart thing to say

No you weren't, everyone loved Fallout 3, you're wrong
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Israel Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #195
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    14,997 Posts
    Wait till you run into the pariah dog on fallout 2. You can't even kill the thing because your luck goes down to 1, and it has an immense hp.
    That's the point I won't wait, which is why I can't sit through the whole damn game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #196
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    18,141 Posts
    So you're saying that this is a smart thing to say
    I'm saying he was being sarcastic and you're an idiot for missing that. Though, he was being serious in the sense that Fo3 was a fun, and worthwhile game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

37. Post #197
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    8,447 Posts
    That's the point I won't wait, which is why I can't sit through the whole damn game.
    people need to learn how to fucking RUN AWAY.

38. Post #198
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    14,997 Posts
    You can't run away every single fight in the game.

39. Post #199
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    8,447 Posts
    You can't run away every single fight in the game.
    Fallout Combat is hard, you cannot be all bad ass and dive head first into battles (unless you have power armor, then you are invincible), early in the game you need to run away from battles.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #200
    Dennab
    October 2008
    8,076 Posts
    Fallout Combat is hard, you cannot be all bad ass and dive head first into battles (unless you have power armor, then you are invincible), early in the game you need to run away from battles.
    i like how the power armor acts like a permission to turn off your brain. kinda.