1. Post #81
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    17,594 Posts
    The Council to everyone but Humanity is their SINGLE form of Government, that is what is heavily implied based on its usage and importance. Us controlling it means we control every other race.
    Not really a good thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

2. Post #82
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    16,583 Posts
    Not really a good thing.
    We'll just see how my save turns out then, right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

3. Post #83
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    1,558 Posts
    "I won't have some virtual wench questioning my fitness!"

Oh Wrex your crazy

4. Post #84
    August 2009
    1,514 Posts
    Thread made me turn into a Xenophode.

Fucking jellyfish
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

5. Post #85
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    10,784 Posts
    Humans are far from benevolent. Just like them, we would treat races that aren't our own with contempt. The council needs to be multiracial so each species doesn't feel like they are being misrepresented and cause trouble.

Even if we made everything good and made everyone happy including other races there would still be complaints that other races couldn't join the council. No matter how well humans rule, we would need some representation from other races. The Salarians barely did anything in the old council but still had a say.

Interspecies politics is fucking complicated.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #86
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts
    Here are the scans of the OXM review a while back. Might be late, if so give me a watch, I've lost mine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

7. Post #87
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,607 Posts
    Here are the scans of the OXM review a while back. Might be late, if so give me a watch, I've lost mine.
    Nah dude, you did good.

The scan I posted only had the last page, yours got everything, nice find.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #88
    Watching the world burn is my hobby.
    February 2005
    16,396 Posts
    If you have ME1 on PC you'll be able to use those for 2, right?

This seems like a dumb question but I'm not willing to rule out that being an Xbox only feature, especially since a secondary company did the PC version of ME1.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events

9. Post #89
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,607 Posts
    If you have ME1 on PC you'll be able to use those for 2, right?

This seems like a dumb question but I'm not willing to rule out that being an Xbox only feature, especially since a secondary company did the PC version of ME1.
    Yeah, you're fine. Just leave them in the default save directory, and you're good.

Also, Subject Zero's "Fight for the Lost" was shown abridged on TV. Personally, I want that biotic-charged punch as an ability for my Shepard. That'd be amazing.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #90
    Watching the world burn is my hobby.
    February 2005
    16,396 Posts
    Yeah, you're fine. Just leave them in the default save directory, and you're good.
    Awesome. Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events

11. Post #91
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,607 Posts
    Yeah, no problem. For more specifics concerning save importing: http://meforums.bioware.com/viewtopi...4907&forum=144

How does the Mass Effect 1 Import System work?

On PC – First you will use the Mass Effect Configuration Tool to locate your save games, from there it works much like the standard Load menus from within the game, choose your career and import your game. We will have a much more in depth guide relating to setting up the ME1 import feature on PC created closer to the launch of Mass Effect 2.

On Xbox 360 – When you use the Mass Effect 1 Import Utility on Xbox 360, you are prompted with a list of Careers and their accompanying saves attached to your Xbox Profile. You then will select which Save game to use and be brought directly into the start of your Mass Effect 2 experience. This can be repeated a many times as you wish on as many saves as you wish.
    So I was partially wrong about location. But I'd still assume, for ease of application, leave them when they go.

12. Post #92
    It never was applejuice
    June 2008
    772 Posts
    Guys help! my ME1 save is on the xbox but i've decided to get me ME2 on the pc since its much more awesome. is there way for me to import my save to the PC?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Philippines Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #93
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    1,455 Posts
    Guys help! my ME1 save is on the xbox but i've decided to get me ME2 on the pc since its much more awesome. is there way for me to import my save to the PC?
    No.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

14. Post #94
    It never was applejuice
    June 2008
    772 Posts
    :smithicide:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Philippines Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

15. Post #95
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,546 Posts
    Yeah, ship your Xbox to me. I'll extract your save and import it onto the computer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #96
    It never was applejuice
    June 2008
    772 Posts
    Yeah, ship your Xbox to me. I'll extract your save and import it onto the computer.
    Oh thank god! A reliable person! Sure i'll ship my xbox halfway around the earth and
    presumably convert the saves
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Philippines Show Events

17. Post #97
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,546 Posts
    Oh thank god! A reliable person! Sure i'll ship my xbox halfway around the earth and
    presumably convert the saves
    Don't worry, You can trust someone you met on the internet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

18. Post #98
    It never was applejuice
    June 2008
    772 Posts
    Don't worry, You can trust someone you met on the internet.
    Of course! not many pedos here!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Philippines Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

19. Post #99
    sarcastic bastard
    October 2005
    5,027 Posts
    Oh and Wiggles, post a link or two to the previous Mass Effect Megathreads somewhere in the op.
    Good idea, I'll do that when I get home tonight.

Thought you were going to have a collage of all our Shepards, Wiggles.
    I'll do it when ME2 rolls around so I can make my Shepard look the way I wanted him to be.

Also, I hit a bit of a conundrum last night while reading through ME: Revelation. I won't spoil anything major, but Ambassador Goyle gives one hell of a speech on humanity and it's relationship with the council, which made me change my whole perception on how humans have been treated since they were first accepted into the Citadel. Now I'm stuck in a rut about my ME2 character playthrough, and time is desperately running out for me to finish. Should I go with a pure paragon playthrough like I was planning, or should I make the decisions I truly believe in?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

20. Post #100
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    6,738 Posts
    Is anyone else replaying Mass Effect again to make sure they did everything right? Because that's what I'm doing now. I also tried to make Shepard look like a drug addled hobo to fit with the sole survivor backstory.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #101
    I TOLD YOU BRO. I TOLD YOU ABOUT THE MOON.
    May 2006
    1,000 Posts
    I played quite a neutral character, I'm interested how that will turn out.

I killed or insulted annoying characters, while trying to maintain an overall positive look.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

22. Post #102
    Voted Facepunch's Most Beautiful
    October 2006
    19,311 Posts
    I was a bad person who killed people and hurt the feelings of those I couldn't kill.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #103
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,607 Posts
    Well. I wake up today and find that my brother ran off to college with my Modern Warfare 2. And my Mass Effect book.

Fuck.

So, what exactly did Goyle say? I'm curious as to how mind-shattering it is.

While we're on the topic of how our Shepards acted, my Shepard was a nice guy, who acted like an asshole to assholes, and whatnot. Smooth-talker.

24. Post #104
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    16,583 Posts
    Good idea, I'll do that when I get home tonight.

I'll do it when ME2 rolls around so I can make my Shepard look the way I wanted him to be.

Also, I hit a bit of a conundrum last night while reading through ME: Revelation. I won't spoil anything major, but Ambassador Goyle gives one hell of a speech on humanity and it's relationship with the council, which made me change my whole perception on how humans have been treated since they were first accepted into the Citadel. Now I'm stuck in a rut about my ME2 character playthrough, and time is desperately running out for me to finish. Should I go with a pure paragon playthrough like I was planning, or should I make the decisions I truly believe in?
    See why I act the way I do?

25. Post #105
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,300 Posts
    14 days to go, 14 days to go! When you take one out you have thirteen days to go...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #106
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,700 Posts
    Does anyone have a spare save for Mass Effect so I can import it to Mass Effect 2 to get the bonuses and stuff? My saves are on my 360 but I'm getting it on PC this time.

I'd prefer a paragon.

27. Post #107
    November 2008
    1,450 Posts
    My Shepard is a generally nice guy, who gets extremely touchy when someone talks about Akuze (Sole Survivor origin) with an strong morale compass that sometimes leads to him being manipulated by others.

And hates big stupid jellyfishes.

Also, goddamn, a thread where half of it is spent theorising over Inter-galactic Human politics and doctrines, and the effect caused by Humans being in a leading role in the galaxy. This is awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

28. Post #108
    January 2008
    390 Posts
    The main thing I'd worry about if I were to have Udina elected would be that he's, you know, fucking psychotic. I wouldn't be surprised if at the first minor conflict he managed to start a major war (assuming that the council were not saved).

29. Post #109
    February 2006
    279 Posts
    Wow, this thread grows fast.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #110
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,700 Posts
    My Shepard is a generally nice guy, who gets extremely touchy when someone talks about Akuze (Sole Survivor origin) with an strong morale compass that sometimes leads to him being manipulated by others.

And hates big stupid jellyfishes.

Also, goddamn, a thread where half of it is spent theorising over Inter-galactic Human politics and doctrines, and the effect caused by Humans being in a leading role in the galaxy. This is awesome.
    Do you mind uploading your save (assuming you're on PC and have completed it)? He sounds the same as my 360 guy.

31. Post #111
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    16,583 Posts
    The main thing I'd worry about if I were to have Udina elected would be that he's, you know, fucking psychotic. I wouldn't be surprised if at the first minor conflict he managed to start a major war (assuming that the council were not saved).
    You'll find out with me, since I both had the council die, made a Human Empire, AND elected Udina as Chairman.

32. Post #112
    Who wants to come to the aquarium later and watch me screw with the sharks?
    May 2009
    13,162 Posts
    Just beat ME, again, before I was that engineering thing with a sniper, pretty meh, Vanguard this time. Beat both downloadables, did everything but one or two collectathons, concentrated on Sovereign    Blew the Council to smitheroons.   , gave the info to the Shadow broker, Rachni Queen lives, Ash lived, Wrex lived, Anderson is the new king, did all ally quests, sole survivor colonist, and did everything how I would do it, i.e, 80% paragon and 20% renegade, apparently.

33. Post #113
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    16,583 Posts
    Just beat ME, again, before I was that engineering thing with a sniper, pretty meh, Vanguard this time. Beat both downloadables, did everything but one or two collectathons, concentrated on Sovereign    Blew the Council to smitheroons.   , gave the info to the Shadow broker, Rachni Queen lives, Ash lived, Wrex lived, Anderson is the new king, did all ally quests, sole survivor colonist, and did everything how I would do it, i.e, 80% paragon and 20% renegade, apparently.
    When you blew the Council to Smitheroons, did you ask to have them reform the Council, or make a Human Empire?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

34. Post #114
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,938 Posts
    Ugh I finished doing a full play through on ME1 a few months ago with max level and everything completed.
    Backed it up on a portable hard drive and now that just broke along with my windows install

:bang:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

35. Post #115
    Who wants to come to the aquarium later and watch me screw with the sharks?
    May 2009
    13,162 Posts
    When you blew the Council to Smitheroons, did you ask to have them reform the Council, or make a Human Empire?
    Wut? I just told them not to be huge dicks.

36. Post #116
    sarcastic bastard
    October 2005
    5,027 Posts
    See why I act the way I do?
    Yes, indeed I do. However, I still refuse to like Ashley, she seems a little too big for her boots in my opinion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #117
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,328 Posts
    Me, for Paragon playthrough:
    Saved Ranchi Queen
    Wrex lived
    Ashley is KIA(3rd playthrough, on Hardcore)
    Liara is love interest
    Gave geth shit to Tali
    Saved Council
    Said fuck you to Terra Firma
    Scared the shit out of the fan(3rd playthrough)
    Did Diplomacy(the whole sister of that Asari diplomat is a slaver)
    Did the Colonist sidequest(peacefully)
    War Hero.
    Ambassador gets punched in the face, and is not part of the council.

Renegade(tech) playthrough right now:
    Ashley is going to maybe live(and more)
    Scaring the living shit out of the fan again.
    Allow the 2 aliens that can die, live.
    Save the Council(need powerful allies)
    Don't be an ass to squadmates.

Renegade(biotics) plan:
    Scare the shit out of everyone.
    Punch everyone.
    Let the Council fuckers die and the Ranchi.
    Ruthless or Sole Survivor Earthborn or Colonist.
    Basically, try to do all quests like a Renegade.
    Maybe act like an asshole to squadmates(kinda hard).

38. Post #118
    ?
    January 2006
    5,161 Posts
    Is anyone able to pre purchase Mass Effect 2 on Steam? I've been finding articles about pre purchasing and people being glad you can pre purchase it now, but it doesn't seem to allow me to.

39. Post #119
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    16,583 Posts
    Yes, indeed I do. However, I still refuse to like Ashley, she seems a little too big for her boots in my opinion.
    Can you give us the speech Goyle gave?

40. Post #120
    Voted Facepunch's Most Beautiful
    October 2006
    19,311 Posts
    Do you mind uploading your save (assuming you're on PC and have completed it)? He sounds the same as my 360 guy.
    Uploading my save for you, and anyone else without one. Give me 5 mins

Edited:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/iybwzd...0_AutoSave.rar

Right at the last autosave