1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,681 Posts
    Working on new OP

List of people who have an Arduino (or Arduino compatible) board
    [list][*]Ddrl46 - Arduino Duemilanove, Arduino Pro, Ethernet Shield[*]Shanethe13 - Arduino Mega[*]Agent766 - Arduino Duemilanove, stolen :crying:[*]HubmaN - Arduino Duemilanove(?)[*]bestoss - Arduino Duemilanove[*]benjgvps - Arduino Duemilanove[*]Overv - Arduino Mega :iia:[*]TheBoff - Arduino Duemilanove[*]Hexxeh - Arduino Duemilanove & Ethernet Shield[*]DrLuke - Arduino Duemilanove[*]reeferdk - Arduino Duemilanove[*]TrueNash - Arduino Duemilanove[*]Elspin - Arduino Duemilanove and Arduino Bluetooth.[*]Binge le mag - Arduino Duemilanove[*]Mr.Hoff - Arduino Duemilanove with the Awesomeness of Hasselhoff[*]Nipa - Arduino Duemilanove[*]Jamie Sharpe - Arduino Duemilanove (ARDX)[*]Little Green - Arduino Duemilanove[*]fishcake - Arduino Duemilanove[*]AzLaN - Arduino Duemilanove[*]:crying:binarybitz:crying: - Arduino Duemilanove[*]dArKnEsS_2 - Arduino Duemilanove :woop:[*]Little Green - Arduino Duemilanove :smug:[*]evilking1 - Seeeduino Mega (Lucky)[*]micropro - Arduino Duemilanove :10bux: X 3[*]Sigfig - Arduino Duemilanove[*]<ToD> Aaron - Arduino Duemilanove[*]COBRAa - Arduino Duemilanove and a Starter Pack[*]Chris220 - Arduino Duemilanove oomlout[*]benjojo - Arduino Duemilanove and an awesome Ethernet shield![*]Subby - Ard-u-aino Duemilanove[*]Ericsson - Ardweeeenooo Duemilanove[*]masterme120 - Sparky Arduino Mega[*]AGMadsAG - Arduino Duemilanove[*]Itszutak - Arduino Dumeilanove and a green mouse![*]Tezza1234 - Arduino Duemilanove[*]Swebonny - Arduino Duemilanove[*]AzzyMaster - Arduino Duemilanove[*]leach139 - Arduino Duemilanove[*]quincy18 - Arduino Uno[*]snake bite - Pic Kit 2 (That's something new!)[*]Lapsus - Arduino Uno[*]Xeon06 - Arduino Uno[*]dag10 - Arduino Uno :awesome:[*]Anthophobian - Arduino Uno[*]ZenX2 - Arduino Duemilanove and Boarduino[*]H4Z3Y - Arduino Duemilanove[*]Nazral - Arduino Duemilanove and Ardupilot Mega[*]Chezburger - Arduino Uno[*]Vbits - Arduino Uno[*]amazer97 - Arduino Uno[*]ana-r3x3a - Arduino Duemilanove[*]Tobba - Arduino Duemilanove and Mega[*]Turnips5 - Arduino Uno[*]Vaun Strungel - Arduino Uno[/list]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Friendly x 28Informative x 10Programming King x 4Bad Spelling x 3Funny x 2Winner x 1Dumb x 1Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    1,672 Posts
    Nice work ddrl, I WANT MAH COOKIES!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,681 Posts
    I already gave them at the end of the OP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    3,175 Posts
    looks cool
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    May 2008
    746 Posts
    I've got an Arduino Mega, and it is definitely worth the price. I don't have many components, so the most I've done is make a multiplayer Pong game on it, but it is still fun to mess with.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,681 Posts
    I'd love to make some games with mine, but i dont know where to get led matrixes. Does anyone know where to get them?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events

7. Post #7

April 2009
    708 Posts
    I'd love to make some games with mine, but i dont know where to get led matrixes. Does anyone know where to get them?
    Chinese websites. You can get literally anything as long as you know the right Chinese website
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    993 Posts
    Always wanted to get one, but I'm too lazy :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Hearts
    July 2007
    3,179 Posts
    I made a Serial to Morse Code because I didn't have anything other than the pin 13 (?) LED.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,604 Posts
    Try sparkfun.

I'm loving my Arduino, when I get a small break after exams I'm going to mess around with my Ethernet shield (I really recommend it). I edited an example from the Webduino library (I'm too much of a beginner to dive in and write my own stuff) which allows my friends to page me when my phone is off and I forget to login to MSN.

The language that you use on the Arduino isn't too hard to learn, though it's still a programming language...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

11. Post #11
    I survived Camp FP 2010
    June 2007
    1,659 Posts
    What ardunio sets are recommended for a newbie? What starter kits?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    May 2008
    746 Posts
    Try sparkfun.
    The language that you use on the Arduino isn't too hard to learn, though it's still a programming language...
    Well, the language itself is just a modified version of C with its own version of avr-gcc.

I really should pick up an ethernet shield, although it would take some hacking to get working on the Mega. Up until now I've been interfacing with the Arduino from Python, so that I can perform all the http requests from my computer, sending the results serially to the Arduino.

Edited:

What ardunio sets are recommended for a newbie? What starter kits?
    The starter kits on Sparkfun and Adafruit are both great, and both suppliers are reliable. This one in particular comes with quite a bit: http://www.adafruit.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=170

Although, I'd always recommend buying all the parts separately, normally you will get it a lot cheaper if you hand-pick the stuff you'll actually use. LEDs and resistors for example are easy enough to take from school or somewhere for free.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Hearts
    July 2007
    3,179 Posts
    Try sparkfun.
    Just missed Free Day too. Those matrices (at least tri-color with SPI backpacks) are really expensive. About $60 each. It's too expensive for me, but that doesn't mean I don't want one :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

14. Post #14
    May 2009
    1,276 Posts
    hexxeh has one
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 5Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,681 Posts
    Going to add a list of all the arduino types and a list of people who have one on facepunch.

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,267 Posts
    I have one. It's currently running a Scheme I made.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Thailand Show Events

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,681 Posts
    Added you to the list, i don't know which one you have though, i guess a Duemilanove?

Edited:

Going to start on a arduino project, don't know what it's supposed to become though.

18. Post #18

September 2005
    30 Posts
    How can you not like playing with a Arduino. I just brought one to play with, done a bit on it, nothing really that exciting or not working . Got a Arduino Duemilanove
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,681 Posts
    Added you to the list, but it's awesome to code stuff for it.
    For example someone on facepunch made a Brainfuck interpreter.

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    1,071 Posts
    This reminds me of the bitchin' Craft demo that was made by a friend of a friend:
    (I got to see this running on actual hardware connected to a projector)
    It isn't really an Arduino, but it is an AVR ATmega mcu, much like the ones found on Arduinos. The board was personally fabbed. It just has 3 DACs connected to the IO ports of the AVR to get full color VGA. I'm still baffled how he did this with 1K of RAM and 8K of ROM.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 8Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,097 Posts
    I've had my Duemilanove for a while now. I've done a few things with it:

8x8 single colour matrix with no external interfacing hardware. Uses all but 4 pins(2 spare analog pins, 2 digital for the serial comms)

3x3 ~multicolour~(Ran out of LEDs. :saddowns:) matrix

Using an 8bit SR(shift register) to control the 8x8 matrix

KINGBRIGHT :cool:

I've currently got it hooked up to an N64 controller which is surprisingly easy(I'm sure there's a tutorial somewhere on google).

Edited:

This reminds me of the bitchin' Craft demo that was made by a friend of a friend:
    (I got to see this running on actual hardware connected to a projector)
    It isn't really an Arduino, but it is an AVR ATmega mcu, much like the ones found on Arduinos. The board was personally fabbed. It just has 3 DACs connected to the IO ports of the AVR to get full color VGA. I'm still baffled how he did this with 1K of RAM and 8K of ROM.
    Saw this a while ago. Absolutely amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    May 2008
    746 Posts
    Can anyone recommend a good multiplexer? I've been looking around for one, but can't find any stores that carry them around here, so I'll probably just buy one online.

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,681 Posts
    Multiplexer? What's that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,126 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Austria Show Events

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,681 Posts
    Also, that video is awesome.
    Automerge...

26. Post #26
    www.bff-hab.de
    Dennab
    February 2009
    7,832 Posts
    I have no arduino, but only an ATMega168. It still kinda counts as an Arduino, because the Ardino is the same with some extras (like the bootloader)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,604 Posts
    I have the Duemilanove and this:
    http://www.robotshop.ca/seeedstudio-...arduino-1.html
    Good stuff.

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,681 Posts
    Added ya'll to the list.

29. Post #29
    open.gl
    February 2007
    7,431 Posts
    I've got an Arduino Mega, and it is definitely worth the price. I don't have many components, so the most I've done is make a multiplayer Pong game on it, but it is still fun to mess with.
    I bought an Arduino Mega today too, I've ordered an LCD display, some LEDs and some other components. I can't wait to start messing with it.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,681 Posts
    I really need to get some ideas for projects, anyone has some?

31. Post #31
    open.gl
    February 2007
    7,431 Posts
    If you have a LED matrix, you could do a binary clock.

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,681 Posts
    I don't have one, i can try creating a little matrix out of normal leds, but how am i going to let them blink separately when they are in a row on a breadboard connected to each other :/.

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    1,071 Posts
    I really need to get some ideas for projects, anyone has some?
    I'm gonna use an AVR chip and a bitchton of LEDs to make a saccadic POV display up on my wall. I originally wanted to have ticker text going across it, but then I realized that for the eye movements to be able to construct this into an image to be right, I don't think I'd be able to read text.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,681 Posts
    Added Overv to the list, with a special smiley.
    :iia:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,604 Posts
    I'm probably going to look for a serial LCD so I don't need sixty wires hanging off my board. It would be interesting to make one work with my Ethernet shield and send text messages to the board.

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,681 Posts
    You can get those at adafruit for like 15 dollars.
    Need to get one myself sometime too.

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    1,071 Posts
    I'm probably going to look for a serial LCD so I don't need sixty wires hanging off my board. It would be interesting to make one work with my Ethernet shield and send text messages to the board.
    Or, you can just use a UART and connect it to your PC to use as a debugging or communications interface. Your hardware invariably already has at least one UART.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    660 Posts
    I've got one. I've wired up a dual seven segment display to (a resistor for each one - I don't need to tell you it was dull as fuck), and figured out the pins for it, but I think I had trouble object orientating it. The goal was to make a thermometer using a thermistor, which I was calibrating for physics. Even fucking wrote a solver for the proper equation, but it didn't work (linear simultaneous equation solver, I was choosing the pivot wrongly - maybe I'll go back to it one day, and hopefully it'll work).

I think it's a duemilnovae thingy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Russian Federation Show Events

39. Post #39
    Moderator Illuminati
    June 2006
    5,091 Posts

Add me, Duemilanove.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,681 Posts
    Nice one hexxeh.
    Added you.

I found a dutch website with really cheap and awesome parts, www.conrad.nl.
    Going to buy a soldering iron to assemble my Protoshield :D.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)