1. Post #1
    I love Lemon Punch
    January 2006
    1,268 Posts

[h2]About[/h2]
    Don't like normal hl2 vehicles?
    Then this addon is for you!
    With SCars you can customize your car in almost any way you want.
    Everything from paintjob and handling to suspension height.

Didn't like version 1.3?
    Then give version 2.0 a try!
    Pretty much everything was remade from scratch.

SCars 2.0

Old SCars

Misc Pics

[h2]Controls:[/h2]
    USE: Enter or leave the SCar.
    WASD: Moving.
    SPRINT: Turbo.
    PRIMARY FIRE + A or S or D or W: Use hydraulics separately on the wheels.
    SECONDARY FIRE: Toggle the hydraulics.
    JUMP: Handbrake.
    Walk(Move slowly): Change seat.
    JUMP + W: Rev engine.
    W + S: Burnout.

Want more informations about the controls or change them?
    You can do it here.

[h2]Instructions:[/h2]

User
    You should find all the instructions you need in the download.
    Just go to "..\Steam\steamapps\YOUR USER NAME\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons\SCars\User Instructions".

The instructions i have supplied is not enough?
    Feel free to send me a PM and i will answer your question as soon as i can.
    Will also post your question here on the thread.

Developer
    You want to add your own stuff to SCars?
    Just go to "..\Steam\steamapps\YOUR USER NAME\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons\SCars\Developer Tutorials".
    Hopefully you will find the instructions you need there. If not feel free to send me a PM and i will answer it whenever i have time.

[h2]FAQ[/h2]

How do I turn the police lights on?
    There is a key called "special key". It's B by default and it's just an extra key some cars uses.
    Police cars use it to turn the sirens on and off while the DeLorean uses it for both toggling hovermode and time travel.

How does the DeLorean work?
    There is a key called "special key". It's B by default and it's just an extra key some cars uses.
    If you press the special key while holding W at the same time you will start the time travelling function.
    If you just press the special key while not pressing any other keys you will toggle hover mode.

How do I open the car editor?
    Go to the Utilities tab. Locate the SCar category and press on SCar Editor. A button should appear. Press it to open the editor.

[h2]Download[/h2]
    You must be logged into steam in your web browser in order to be able to view these links.

Slim: Only the stuff you really need. 3 Cars
    Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=104483020

Basic: The cars from 1.3. 25 cars (YOU STILL NEED SLIM)
    Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=104487316

Extra: More exclusive cars. 27 more cars (YOU STILL NEED SLIM)
    Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=104492363

User Instructions & Developer Tutorials
    Gamefront: http://filesmelt.com/dl/Saved_SCar_content.zip

Like this? Feel free to give a tip.

[h2]Credits[/h2]
    Sakarias88 - Scripting
    TiggoRech (lots of models)
    Kazzim - Ideas and beta testing
    ( ^_^)/ - Ideas and beta testing
    Mr.Bix - Beta testing
    Splayn - Car Models
    Mihara - Skin switcher stool
    Karmah - New/fixed car models
    Griba - New/fixed car models
    Overv - menu help
    Thunder Skunk & Cookie - Vigilante 8 cars
    ApwnInTheDark - ripping & converting boarderlands bus.
    Sgt.Sgt - Ported GTA Models
    alexojm Gas station model
    Kirbyguy222 the ilcar
    Ace00731and Nirrti the DeLorean
    All the other beta testers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Artistic x 85Lua King x 74Useful x 23Winner x 23Dumb x 5Funny x 4Bad Spelling x 3Lua Helper x 2Agree x 2Friendly x 1Informative x 1Bad Reading x 1Zing x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,077 Posts
    Holy mother of god. Is there anything you can't make?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree x 91Disagree x 8Funny x 4Winner x 3Friendly x 2Dumb x 2Optimistic x 2Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    diaoyudao shi ZHONGGUO de
    December 2007
    4,094 Posts
    Jesus, this looks nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 19Friendly Friendly x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,318 Posts
    It's like EasyEngine, but... easier to make. Fantastic job.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 17Friendly Friendly x 3Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    metromod.net
    October 2007
    1,138 Posts
    Video looks really cool, gonna test this now. Someone make a gmod.com news post :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 10Late Late x 3Funny Funny x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    June 2009
    1,770 Posts
    Finally!
    A bit of NFS spirit in an FPS game.
    This will be great in an online match.
    And good for some roleplays.
    This will be in gmod.com, shortly...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 9Dumb Dumb x 5Late Late x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    3,007 Posts
    Now THIS deserves a news post.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 10Friendly Friendly x 3Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    I fucking love eggs!!!
    July 2007
    1,991 Posts
    Wow this looks insane once again wonderful job sakarias.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    December 2008
    1,072 Posts
    So much for the Helicopter being your last project huh?

Glad you didn't stop =D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Tanzania, United Republic of Show Events Agree Agree x 24Optimistic Optimistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    June 2009
    1,770 Posts
    Machinimas coming about NFS...
    I hear that, helicopters, chases, planes and DESTRUCTION!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 7Optimistic Optimistic x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11

November 2009
    2,706 Posts
    Machinimas coming about NFS...
    I hear that, helicopters, chases, planes and DESTRUCTION!
    If only someone could make an NFS MW, Spirit, etc. Game mode. we use these cars, there are maps from the need for speed games with citizen vehicles, and cops to make blockades and like 5 cops chasing you and 10 other cops flanking. Paradise, huh? :2bong:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,942 Posts
    What will you think of next?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Lua King Lua King x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Dennab
    January 2009
    1,725 Posts
    Those cars are fucking awesome. I think that the only type of vehicle left for you is a boat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Poland Show Events Agree x 7Disagree x 1Winner x 1Lua King x 1Late x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    May 2009
    3,471 Posts
    This deserves a gamemode NFSG ( need/for/speed/gmod )

And once again you and your epic creation have made my day keep up the great work man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Agree Agree x 6 (list)

15. Post #15
    August 2008
    686 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Romania Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    ~melon~
    May 2008
    2,925 Posts
    Is there a base for everyone to add their own cars to?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    21,409 Posts
    You've done it again, Saka-man.
    You have once again proven to be worthy of your Throne on top of the G-Olypmos.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    August 2008
    686 Posts
    Haven't looked trought the code yet,but there should be...
    Maybe....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Romania Show Events

19. Post #19
    I love Lemon Punch
    January 2006
    1,268 Posts
    Well sort of.
    You will find this in the ENT:Initialize() function.

Code:
    	//MODEL
    	local CARMODEL = "models/Splayn/belair.mdl"
    	local TIREMODEL = "models/Splayn/belair_wheel.mdl"
    	local SEATMODEL = "models/nova/airboat_seat.mdl"

//POSITIONS
    	local SEATPOS1 = ( self.Entity:GetForward() * 17 ) + ( self.Entity:GetRight() * -19 ) + ( self.Entity:GetUp() * 20 )
    	local SEATPOS2 = ( self.Entity:GetForward() * 17 ) + ( self.Entity:GetRight() * 19 ) + ( self.Entity:GetUp() * 20 )
    	local SEATPOS3 = ( self.Entity:GetForward() * -18 ) + ( self.Entity:GetUp() * 20 )
    	local SEATPOS4 = ( self.Entity:GetForward() * -18 ) + ( self.Entity:GetRight() * -19 ) + ( self.Entity:GetUp() * 20 )
    	local SEATPOS5 = ( self.Entity:GetForward() * -18 ) + ( self.Entity:GetRight() * 19 ) + ( self.Entity:GetUp() * 20 )

local FLwheel = ( self.Entity:GetForward() * 81 ) + ( self.Entity:GetRight() * -35 ) + ( self.Entity:GetUp() * 7 )
    	local FRwheel = ( self.Entity:GetForward() * 81 ) + ( self.Entity:GetRight() * 35 ) + ( self.Entity:GetUp() * 7 )

local RLwheel = ( self.Entity:GetForward() * -52 ) + ( self.Entity:GetRight() * -35 ) + ( self.Entity:GetUp() * 10 )	
    	local RRwheel = ( self.Entity:GetForward() * -52 ) + ( self.Entity:GetRight() * 35 ) + ( self.Entity:GetUp() * 10 )	

local FLlight = ( self.Entity:GetForward() * 117 ) + ( self.Entity:GetRight() * 35 ) + ( self.Entity:GetUp() * 26 )
    	local FRlight = ( self.Entity:GetForward() * 117 ) + ( self.Entity:GetRight() * -35 ) + ( self.Entity:GetUp() * 26 )
    	local RLlight = ( self.Entity:GetForward() * -115 ) + ( self.Entity:GetRight() * 32 ) + ( self.Entity:GetUp() * 32 )
    	local RRlight = ( self.Entity:GetForward() * -115 ) + ( self.Entity:GetRight() * -32 ) + ( self.Entity:GetUp() * 32 )

local EFFECTPOS = ( self.Entity:GetForward() * 87 ) + ( self.Entity:GetUp() * 40 )
    	local EXHAUSTPOS = ( self.Entity:GetForward() * -115 ) + ( self.Entity:GetRight() * 37.5 )  + ( self.Entity:GetUp() * 15 )
    You just have to change the models and set the positions on everything and you got a new SCar.
    There is also a commented line in the tuner stool (line 174) you should uncomment if you are trying to make your own SCar.
    Whenever you use the tuner stool on a SCar it will print out the local position in the console.
    Getting all the positions right can be time consuming.

X = GetForward
    Y = GetRight
    Z = GetUp

Please note that all models won't work with the script.
    It only works if the models are turned the right way.
    It's hard to explain but basically the front of the car really needs to be the front of the model which is not always the case on third party models.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Lua King Lua King x 7Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1Lua Helper Lua Helper x 1 (list)

20. Post #20

June 2009
    1,027 Posts
    how do i disable that pepole download scars files from the server
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 17Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2Lua King Lua King x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    The fact that you added musclecars makes me download this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 7Informative Informative x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member

June 2007
    5,036 Posts
    My dream of good handling cars in Gmod has finally been completed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #23

June 2009
    1,027 Posts
    server with scars 83.233.110.158:27016

Great mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    I love Lemon Punch
    January 2006
    1,268 Posts
    how do i disable that pepole download scars files from the server
    You will have to remove resource.AddFile in all files (and that's a lot).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 4Useful Useful x 1Funny Funny x 1Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,180 Posts
    How does re-fueling work?
    is there a way for the Admin to force fuel consumption on for RP Servers?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    April 2009
    2,409 Posts
    This is just awsome. The only problem is that sometimes the wheels are collideing in the ground. Is there a way to fix that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    I love Lemon Punch
    January 2006
    1,268 Posts
    How does re-fueling work?
    is there a way for the Admin to force fuel consumption on for RP Servers?
    Yes.
    Fuel consumption is on by default.
    Admins can allow or disallow people to disable the fuel consumption.

This is just awsome. The only problem is that sometimes the wheels are collideing in the ground. Is there a way to fix that?
    Yep, change the suspension softness.
    Increase it with about 1 - 3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events

28. Post #28
    The wheels keep sinking in :frown: Only the junker ones don't.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,681 Posts
    I think you deserve a user title "Magic Fingers" or something. This is amazing.

What's next, Sakarias?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #30
    I love Lemon Punch
    January 2006
    1,268 Posts
    The wheels keep sinking in :frown: Only the junker ones don't.
    Sinking through the map?
    The hitboxes on some wheels aren't very good which results in that the wheels sink through the ground at high speeds.
    I decided to keep all the wheels even the ones with the defect hit boxes since you can always change the wheels.

31. Post #31
    Sinking through the map?
    The hitboxes on some wheels aren't very good which results in that the wheels sink through the ground at high speeds.
    I decided to keep all the wheels even the ones with the defect hit boxes since you can always change the wheels.
    Yeah the ones with defect hitboxes are useless really.

Edited:

and the one that works for me, the junkers one is not really round.

Edited:

do tell which wheels have defect hitboxes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    May 2009
    3,471 Posts
    Oh no am I the only one.

I don't see that cool speed thinge on my hud for gears revs and things. Allso the third person camera doesnt work for me. I realy want to know how much fuel I have left :0
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    The only wheels that don't sink in, is the Ford GT wheel and the junkers.

Edited:

Okay the hummer wheels work too, but theyre too big for my camaro :frown:

34. Post #34
    December 2007
    16 Posts
    Please Sakarias, put some sort of spawn limit on the cars!
    Do you have any idea how easy it is for mingebags to spawn a huge number of these, and crash a server almost instantly?
    Should be relatively easy to put a limit in the spawning tool, so people can only use 1, or maybe 2 at a time. There's really no reason for more.

That said, I already absolutely love this addon!

edit: Hope I didn't sound rude.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 2 (list)

35. Post #35
    May 2009
    3,471 Posts
    Ah your inventions are so great any ideas for your next :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

36. Post #36
    I love Lemon Punch
    January 2006
    1,268 Posts
    It's on my update list now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    July 2009
    45 Posts
    Do you have any idea how easy it is for mingebags to spawn a huge number of these, and crash a server almost instantly?
    Should be relatively easy to put a limit in the spawning tool, so people can only use 1, or maybe 2 at a time. There's really no reason for more.

That said, I already absolutely love this addon!

But if someone uses this for rp how can he make a profit from selling 2 cars :/

Edited:

Ive got a problem the hud speedo and fuel.... does not show up :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    I love Lemon Punch
    January 2006
    1,268 Posts
    But if someone uses this for rp how can he make a profit from selling 2 cars :/
    I will add a slider to the admin menu so admins can set the limit by themselves.

Oh no am I the only one.

I don't see that cool speed thinge on my hud for gears revs and things. Allso the third person camera doesnt work for me. I realy want to know how much fuel I have left :0

Ive got a problem the hud speedo and fuel.... does not show up :(
    That's odd.
    Check the console for errors.
    Maybe the hud is conflicting with another addon.
    Make sure you have the use hud and third person view check boxes checked.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,173 Posts
    Wow. Great job. I would have liked to see the front wheels actually steer the car but it looks spectacular anyhow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    July 2009
    45 Posts
    I will add a slider to the admin menu so admins can set the limit by themselves.

That's odd.
    Check the console for errors.
    Maybe the hud is conflicting with another addon.
    Make sure you have the use hud and third person view check boxes checked.

I did all the above and nothing happened no errors and no hud display
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)