1. Post #1521
    CyberGmod Founder PropHuntv2 Home
    May 2009
    938 Posts
    Base models?
    In order to add models you have to know the directory of it.
    Models use materials and in order to add materials you need to known the directory of the material.

The most tricky part is finding the correct directory for the material the model is using.
    Tiggo Rech have done a good job so finding the correct materials for the model shouldn't be that hard.

Anyway, i've taken a look at how the models, materials, sounds and lua files are added and it seems like it all fails.
    Not sure how because I tested it all before i released it and at that time it worked fine.
    I've fixed it already anyway but it won't do any changes until I've uploaded the next update (Phoenixf129 issue should be fixed as well).
    Well I run a linux server, so I hope I can wget an url. Is it live now then?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #1522
    May 2009
    938 Posts
    Well, Sakarias88, What would cause the SCars tab to be empty? There's definitely something up here...:

Code:
    Ignoring entities\sent_sakarias_car_ferrarif50\cl_init.lua because SE is on and it's not in the VFS
    Ignoring entities\sent_sakarias_car_fordmustangtr\cl_init.lua because SE is on and it's not in the VFS
    Ignoring entities\sent_sakarias_car_ilcar\cl_init.lua because SE is on and it's not in the VFS
    Ignoring entities\sent_sakarias_car_jimmygibbsjr\cl_init.lua because SE is on and it's not in the VFS
    Ignoring entities\sent_sakarias_car_lambodiablo\cl_init.lua because SE is on and it's not in the VFS
    Ignoring entities\sent_sakarias_car_lambodicop\cl_init.lua because SE is on and it's not in the VFS
    Ignoring entities\sent_sakarias_car_lambomurci\cl_init.lua because SE is on and it's not in the VFS
    Ignoring entities\sent_sakarias_car_lambomurcicop\cl_init.lua because SE is on and it's not in the VFS
    Ignoring entities\sent_sakarias_car_nissanskyline\cl_init.lua because SE is on and it's not in the VFS
    Ignoring entities\sent_sakarias_car_paganizonda\cl_init.lua because SE is on and it's not in the VFS
    Ignoring entities\sent_sakarias_car_porsche911\cl_init.lua because SE is on and it's not in the VFS
    Ignoring entities\sent_sakarias_car_porsche911cop\cl_init.lua because SE is on and it's not in the VFS
    Ignoring entities\sent_sakarias_car_suprarz\cl_init.lua because SE is on and it's not in the VFS
    Ignoring entities\sent_sakarias_car_toyotagtone\cl_init.lua because SE is on and it's not in the VFS
    Ignoring entities\sent_sakarias_car_vipercc\cl_init.lua because SE is on and it's not in the VFS
    Ignoring entities\sent_sakarias_car_vipersrt10\cl_init.lua because SE is on and it's not in the VFS
    Ignoring entities\sent_sakarias_car_yamahayfz450\cl_init.lua because SE is on and it's not in the VFS
    Ignoring entities\sent_scartankprojectile\cl_init.lua because SE is on and it's not in the VFS
    Ignoring entities\sent_aiscarcontroller\cl_init.lua because SE is on and it's not in the VFS
    Ignoring entities\sent_sakarias_carwheel\cl_init.lua because SE is on and it's not in the VFS
    Ignoring entities\sent_sakarias_carwheel_punked\cl_init.lua because SE is on and it's not in the VFS
    Ignoring entities\sent_sakarias_car_junker1\cl_init.lua because SE is on and it's not in the VFS
    Ignoring entities\sent_sakarias_car_junker2\cl_init.lua because SE is on and it's not in the VFS
    Ignoring entities\sent_sakarias_car_junker3\cl_init.lua because SE is on and it's not in the VFS
    Ignoring entities\sent_sakarias_checkdetector\cl_init.lua because SE is on and it's not in the VFS
    Ignoring entities\sent_sakarias_checkpoint\cl_init.lua because SE is on and it's not in the VFS
    Ignoring entities\sent_sakarias_damageanduserelay\cl_init.lua because SE is on and it's not in the VFS
    Ignoring entities\sent_sakarias_gaspump\cl_init.lua because SE is on and it's not in the VFS
    Ignoring entities\sent_sakarias_gaspumpnozzle\cl_init.lua because SE is on and it's not in the VFS
    Ignoring entities\sent_sakarias_gasstation\cl_init.lua because SE is on and it's not in the VFS
    Ignoring entities\sent_sakarias_lightentity\cl_init.lua because SE is on and it's not in the VFS
    Looks like something needs editing to work with ScriptEnforcer...

3. Post #1523
    August 2009
    101 Posts
    Why when I change tires of vehicles, the back tires disappear?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #1524
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    233 Posts
    I want to have fast download for this car mod but it doesnt seem to be working -____- Anyone have a solution?

5. Post #1525
    May 2009
    938 Posts
    I want to have fast download for this car mod but it doesnt seem to be working -____- Anyone have a solution?
    Make a content pack on your site.

You do NOT want to FastDL this, its over 1200 files. (People will LEAVE before even checking the speed of the downloads.)

6. Post #1526
    I love Lemon Punch
    January 2006
    1,268 Posts
    Here are some new features coming in the next patch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 6Lua King Lua King x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

7. Post #1527
    Main Force Patrolin'
    August 2006
    5,255 Posts
    Woah, i really like those sounds, good job S <3

8. Post #1528
    June 2012
    2 Posts
    IM WAITING FOR THE PATCH D: i really want to play with scars!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

9. Post #1529
    April 2011
    1,341 Posts
    Here are some new features coming in the next patch.
    GREAT TURNABLE STEERING WHEELS, MUST WASTE ALL MY HARD DRIVE SPACE. And another question, will AI be smarter?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #1530

June 2012
    4 Posts
    Will this new patch also fix the script enforce problem.

11. Post #1531
    May 2009
    938 Posts
    Will this new patch also fix the script enforce problem.
    Already did.

It's a Linux thing.

12. Post #1532

July 2012
    442 Posts
    Awesome! Can't wait!

13. Post #1533

July 2011
    17 Posts
    For some reason the 3rd person isn't working. Tried to change the key in the options, no change. And there is no possible problem with addons. as i only have the complete scars pack and wiremod. :L
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

14. Post #1534

April 2011
    280 Posts
    Already did.

It's a Linux thing.
    it dosent work on my server with se on and im running my server on windows

15. Post #1535
    March 2008
    311 Posts
    When will it come for Garry's Mod 13 workshop?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events

16. Post #1536
    August 2011
    2 Posts
    Yo i've got a problem and I wasn't able to find anyone else on the internet who had the same.
    Whenever I'm trying to go faster then 30 mph the handbrake goes on and keeps doing that so I can't go above 30. I can only go above that speed when I press the boost key, but when I let that go the handbrake goes on again and stays on till i'm at 30 mph again. I've tried changing the admin settings and all the other settings, I tried tuning, I tried all the cars, I tried pressing every single button on my keyboard and I tried smashing my keyboard but nothing seems to work. I don't get any errors in the console. The rest of the addon works fine though and I love it. Except for the fact that I can't go over the speed limit -.-

edit: I've got WAC installed though, could that be the problem?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

17. Post #1537
    September 2008
    796 Posts
    Yo i've got a problem and I wasn't able to find anyone else on the internet who had the same.
    Whenever I'm trying to go faster then 30 mph the handbrake goes on and keeps doing that so I can't go above 30. I can only go above that speed when I press the boost key, but when I let that go the handbrake goes on again and stays on till i'm at 30 mph again. I've tried changing the admin settings and all the other settings, I tried tuning, I tried all the cars, I tried pressing every single button on my keyboard and I tried smashing my keyboard but nothing seems to work. I don't get any errors in the console. The rest of the addon works fine though and I love it. Except for the fact that I can't go over the speed limit -.-

It's not WAC I have it installed and it works fine.

18. Post #1538
    I love Lemon Punch
    January 2006
    1,268 Posts
    When will it come for Garry's Mod 13 workshop?
    I did actually fix all the GMod 13 issues SCars had yesterday.
    Works just fine except that the wheels are going through the ground sometimes.
    Will see if i can fix that before uploading it on the workshop.

That's a weird problem you got there.
    I would recommend you try GMod with only the SCars addon installed.
    If that solves the problem then you had a conflicting addon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

19. Post #1539
    August 2011
    2 Posts
    That's a weird problem you got there.
    I would recommend you try GMod with only the SCars addon installed.
    If that solves the problem then you had a conflicting addon.
    Thx, that worked for me, i'm now reinstalling my addons one by one to see which is the conflicting one. I already know that it's not bullettime or WAC.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

20. Post #1540
    July 2012
    1 Posts
    Very cool. Keep up
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

21. Post #1541

July 2012
    442 Posts
    Hey Sakarias, I have a few things I think you should add, Opening doors, make the tail lights emit light on the ground, and add visual damage to the cars.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #1542
    May 2010
    265 Posts

Glorious Group B.
    Converted from DiRT 3. Might do the Fiesta rally car later.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

23. Post #1543
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,575 Posts

Glorious Group B.
    Man that's cool. Also, didn't you make cars for Re-Volt, or do you still do that? Porting the cars from that to SCars would be so cool. I'm too lazy for that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #1544
    I love Lemon Punch
    January 2006
    1,268 Posts

Glorious Group B.
    Would you mind sharing it?
    I'm sure there are a lot of people who would like to try it out (including me).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #1545
    Main Force Patrolin'
    August 2006
    5,255 Posts
    Now it needs the Qauttro and the Lancia Delta...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #1546
    May 2010
    265 Posts
    Would you mind sharing it?
    I'm sure there are a lot of people who would like to try it out (including me).
    http://www.mediafire.com/?9jjrmki5ic05a56
    There are still some small things that need to be fixed, but it drives fine.

Edited:
    I might start the Lancia Delta S4 today, keep an eye out for it later. It's going to be from the first CMR: DiRT though.
    At least this time I don't have to worry about the polygon limits.

Edited:
    Delta S4 complete. Will post DL links tomorrow.

I'm taking requests. Must be from GRID or Colin McRae: DiRT (the first one).
    I've also got the 1964 Monte Carlo Rally Mini, Metro 6R4 Gr. B, and the Ford Fiesta RS WRC car from DiRT 3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #1547
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    595 Posts
    I'm taking requests. Must be from GRID or Colin McRae: DiRT (the first one).
    I've also got the 1964 Monte Carlo Rally Mini, Metro 6R4 Gr. B, and the Ford Fiesta RS WRC car from DiRT 3.
    Well, if you're taking from that games, if you can, port Lancia Stratos and Peugeot 405 Pikes Peak from Dirt and McLaren F1 GTR and Chevrolet Corvette C5R from GRID.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

28. Post #1548
    Main Force Patrolin'
    August 2006
    5,255 Posts
    Need's Ken Block's old Subaru Impreza from Dirt 2

29. Post #1549
    June 2009
    1,760 Posts
    I would like to see the Viper from GRID
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

30. Post #1550
    May 2010
    265 Posts
    Delta S4 Download Link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?l8pi05pzvd4cw7w

The McLaren F1 GTR from GRID is a DLC car which never came out for the PC versions.
    Now here's a big problem: I'm not able to get the model files for a lot of cars anymore. Apparently, the site where I get the GRID and DiRT models from (here. I only use the models, the textures I export myself) went to shit a long time ago. If someone is able to get some of the models requested above, that would be great.

Edited:
    I managed to download the Stratos. Seems like I can only download one thing per day - the site's barely surviving.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

31. Post #1551
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    595 Posts
    Now here's a big problem: I'm not able to get the model files for a lot of cars anymore. Apparently, the site where I get the GRID and DiRT models from (here. I only use the models, the textures I export myself) went to shit a long time ago. If someone is able to get some of the models requested above, that would be great.
    Well, i see that you still able to download some GRID cars (such as Corvettes C5.R, C6.R and Aston Martin DBR9)

Try to search some cars here. I know that there is Zmodeler car models, but here you can find Forza 3/4, Shift 2 and DIRT 2 cars. (you probably know this site, but, anyway...)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Russian Federation Show Events

32. Post #1552
    May 2010
    265 Posts

I did the C5R today. DL link, as always, coming tomorrow.

Edited:
    DL:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?07bngf1j2izfmbk
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #1553
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    595 Posts

I did the C5R today. DL link, as always, coming tomorrow.

Edited:
    DL:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?07bngf1j2izfmbk
    Aw, great as usual.
    What car(s) will be next?
    (Wanna see Vette's youngest brother - C6.R and Lancia Stratos (Group 4 of course)).

So, i started working on skins - thanks to guys from DIRT3 Modders Resource, and me for fixing some stuff on decals.
    "Infamous" Henri Toivonen's Delta S4 (why infamous - because after crash during Tour De Corse rally in May 2, 1986 Group B was banned from FISA WRC).

And this is just little fixing standard skin to famous Stig Blomqvist's RS200

More stuff coming (as C5.R released - will do Compuware Chevrolet Team version).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Russian Federation Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #1554
    May 2010
    265 Posts
    Aw, great as usual.
    What car(s) will be next?
    Nice work, I was actually looking for the Martini livery while I was making it but I couldn't find it anywhere online.
    I'm planning on doing some more rally cars from DiRT. So far, I'm planning the R5 Turbo and 205 T16 as far as historic cars go, and for modern cars I'll be making the '06 Impreza and the Evo 9.
    I was working on the Stratos yesterday, and I noticed it kind of looked odd with the same wheels on the front and back. Maybe I'll keep working on it and show you guys why it looks odd.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #1555
    Main Force Patrolin'
    August 2006
    5,255 Posts
    "Infamous" Henri Toivonen's Delta S4 (why infamous - because after crash during Tour De Corse rally in May 2, 1986 Group B was banned from FISA WRC).
    Wasn't that when they hit a tree and got burnt alive? :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #1556
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    595 Posts
    Kirbyguy and Sakarias, i both added you on Steam.

Wasn't that when they hit a tree and got burnt alive? :(
    Ahh, probably yes, but their car exploded after crash. Sad moment in WRC history. =(

So, as promised, show some WIP stuff that i've done today.
    This both skins need to be fixed, so i'm working on it.
    (BTW, Kirby, what do you think about porting Lambo Murcielago R-GT, Porsche GT3-RSR and Corvette C6.R?)
    Lancia Delta S4 Castrol Team (from DIRT3 Power and Glory pack).

Chevrolet Corvette C5.R 2004 24 Heures Du Mans Corvette Racing (Drivers - Oliver Gavin, Olivier Beretta, Jan Magnussen).
    Wasted on this skin half of mine day and i'm proud of it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Russian Federation Show Events

37. Post #1557
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    1,930 Posts
    For some reason the car stays still when I tell it to come to me, Anyone know why? I am on Gm_Bigcity
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

38. Post #1558
    November 2009
    58 Posts
    Weird, when I yell at cars they usually come straight towards me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Zing Zing x 2Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

39. Post #1559
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    1,930 Posts
    Damn. Must just be being retarded :P. Although I did get it moving once but it kept running me over...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

40. Post #1560
    November 2009
    58 Posts
    I would guess it does so if you give the car a hostile AI or if the car is too fast and fails to brake on time.
    It should follow you without crashing if you just give the AI "follow player" to a car, just remember that the car won't follow you unless you are far enough away from it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events