1. Post #121
    September 2009
    272 Posts
    Rage! Update was pushed back one day. Oh well, anyway for everyone Earth Space Dock is going to be a shit fest tomorrow so you should start playing now for the epicness that will ensue

2. Post #122
    What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?
    June 2006
    2,327 Posts
    Well, I mean they'd still be under the control of the Collective, but they can say most players' actions can be simply "orders" from the hive mind.
    why dont we add more content to the klingons, add romulans and cardassians instead of worrying about how to come up with a bullshit excuse to play as the borg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #123
    September 2009
    272 Posts
    Romulans are coming around season 4 or 5 one of which is in april I can't remember

4. Post #124
    June 2006
    2,327 Posts
    this event is awesome

5. Post #125
    I can resist everything except temptation
    January 2008
    3,661 Posts
    Haven't played in a long time, hows the game?

6. Post #126
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,333 Posts
    Just played again today for the first time in a little under a year. (Pretty much a month or two after launch.) Much has been vastly improved in the game's overall polish, and although I haven't gotten too far yet (just got promoted to lieutenant) I'm already seeing more content than before. Not too much has changed in ground combat, but it does seem a little bit better--although they say they'll be completely rehauling it sometime this year. Space is the same, although I loved space so no complaints there. I'd say it's worth another try.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

7. Post #127
    June 2006
    2,327 Posts
    yeah by this summer ground combat should be less shitty
    space combat is the best combat in the game right now and im glad when i get to play any mission that involves me blowing shit up with cannons

8. Post #128

January 2010
    646 Posts
    Cool the next feature series apparently revolves around Romulans. Can't wait.

9. Post #129
    June 2010
    186 Posts
    http://www.startrekonline.com/node/2282

Trailer for new series.

Holy fuck

10. Post #130
    September 2009
    272 Posts
    NEW FE!!!!! It was an interesting concept playing only as a shuttle

11. Post #131
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,874 Posts
    The first episode of the new series was frakking awesome. I loved it.

12. Post #132
    October 2009
    1,088 Posts
    So when I buy the game in Steam I will get a key that can be added to my account right?

When I do that I will get the game, plus the first month free without adding any further information?

Thanks in advance.

13. Post #133
    September 2009
    272 Posts
    Nice second FE but I couldn't really negotiate I just killed everyone.......

14. Post #134
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,333 Posts
    Apparently you can't negotiate unless you're max level diplomacy. Kinda sucks, really..

15. Post #135
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,544 Posts
    I've been playing since Day 1(actually, before), but STO has lost it's thrill to me. I was a member of the Second Fleet for almost two years and now I can't even bear to play the game. As a major Star Trek fan, I'm amazingly disappointed.

16. Post #136

January 2010
    646 Posts
    I've been playing since Day 1(actually, before), but STO has lost it's thrill to me. I was a member of the Second Fleet for almost two years and now I can't even bear to play the game. As a major Star Trek fan, I'm amazingly disappointed.
    Losing its thrill implies it had a thrill back when you played it first.
    What is it about it that you don't like any more, or have you just got bored of it in general?

I just find it odd how everyone else says how it's improved to much since launch and you seem to disagree is all :/

17. Post #137
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    713 Posts
    I played WoW since release and stopped playing it a year ago. Games can change for the better and for the worse.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

18. Post #138
    October 2009
    1,088 Posts
    Just started playing, I have to say I enjoy it so far.

I really like how I can walk around my ship, the combat feels a bit strange but I rather like it.

19. Post #139
    July 2009
    2,629 Posts
    Featured Series "Cloaked Intentions" is now over.

I liked it, and don't for get the mission after you complete it, "Darkness Before The Dawn"

No dailies as of now.

20. Post #140
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,143 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Singapore Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

21. Post #141
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    8,430 Posts
    Been thinking about STO going f2p all week but didn't expect it for another 2 years!

22. Post #142
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,257 Posts
    The only thing wrong with this game was I enjoyed the infantry gameplay more than flying around and there isn't enough of it.

23. Post #143
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    14,507 Posts
    The only thing wrong with this game was I enjoyed the infantry gameplay more than flying around and there isn't enough of it.
    If you last played it before that ground mission overhaul, then I must ask you what kind of ping you get from Bizzaro World.

24. Post #144
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    8,430 Posts
    I hated ground combat but hopefully with this new Point and Shoot system it will be enjoyable.

25. Post #145
    April 2010
    2,398 Posts
    Hell yes, Been looking for a new game with space combat, and with SWG dying and none of the private servers done with space combat yet, this is quite some good news!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #146
    I can resist everything except temptation
    January 2008
    3,661 Posts
    Hell yes, Been looking for a new game with space combat, and with SWG dying and none of the private servers done with space combat yet, this is quite some good news!
    Eve online

27. Post #147
    I Love Gaylo 4
    April 2006
    10,093 Posts
    Eve online
    Too complex for most people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #148
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,143 Posts
    EVE isn't too difficult to pick up. X3...now that's a challenge for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #149
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,874 Posts
    I'm already playing Free technically, I got a lifetime for my birthday last year.

So once STO goes F2p I get the benefits the Subscribers get in the F2P model.

30. Post #150
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,434 Posts
    picked up the game for 8 bux

coool

31. Post #151
    I Love Gaylo 4
    April 2006
    10,093 Posts
    I'm already playing Free technically, I got a lifetime for my birthday last year.

So once STO goes F2p I get the benefits the Subscribers get in the F2P model.
    So basically you are like. Yo dawg, I heard you like f2p, so I put f2p in yo f2p, so you can play for free.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #152
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    8,430 Posts
    They released the faq.

http://www.startrekonline.com/f2p_faq#18

Looks like silvers are getting a pretty good deal.

33. Post #153
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,432 Posts
    So basically, I get to play everything of the game I personally did before, only free?

IMO, this is an even better F2P model than CO.

34. Post #154
    December 2007
    1,205 Posts
    I was thinking about re-subbing for a month or two to see what has changed but looks like I'll wait.

35. Post #155
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,874 Posts
    well for Free members they removed Ship tokens, so if you don't have enough "Dilithium" when you go up a rank you need to grind it for your next Tier ship.

36. Post #156
    October 2009
    1,088 Posts
    Appears the limits on the In-Game Chat / Mail also go away after playing for 20 hours, or if it had a sub to it in the past, or has a amount of Cryptic points or made a purchase with them.

Which is great.

37. Post #157
    July 2009
    2,629 Posts
    This seems unnecessary, but everyone saw it coming...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #158
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,874 Posts
    They're going to try to get a F2P Public (well Public as in Subscribers) test server, possibly replacing tribble by the end of this month/early October.

They will be Premiering the DOFF System and the Nexted feature episodes series on there, along with the new economy system.

The new episodes series will be sometime in October on that F2P Test Server, and will be on the live server by the time F2P launches officially near the end of the year.

I heard all of this on a live interview with Dan Stahl on a podcast, which will be on there show next Tuseday if you want the full scoop.

Edited:

Also the Enterprise-F class will not be on the Microtrans Store AT ALL, It will be earned ingame in a future mission series,, weather it be a Fleet event or what is not known.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #159
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    14,507 Posts
    They're going to try to get a F2P Public (well Public as in Subscribers) test server, possibly replacing tribble by the end of this month/early October.

They will be Premiering the DOFF System and the Nexted feature episodes series on there, along with the new economy system.

The new episodes series will be sometime in October on that F2P Test Server, and will be on the live server by the time F2P launches officially near the end of the year.

I heard all of this on a live interview with Dan Stahl on a podcast, which will be on there show next Tuseday if you want the full scoop.

Edited:

Also the Enterprise-F class will not be on the Microtrans Store AT ALL, It will be earned ingame in a future mission series,, weather it be a Fleet event or what is not known.
    F2P test for subscribers? wat
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #160
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,874 Posts
    F2P test for subscribers? wat
    They want to make sure its good for Free players.

I'm assuming they will have a way to make a fake free account or something for testing.