1. Post #1321
    January 2012
    481 Posts
    So I load up the editor, press Alt+Q to find props, right click the desired prop and copy to clipboard. But I still can't find it anywhere for use - It just spawns the standard baby doll every time. What's wrong?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

2. Post #1322
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,651 Posts
    you're supposed to paste the filepath (which is what gets copied) into the 'model' parameter of the part

or you could just

y'know

left click the part instead
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

3. Post #1323
    August 2005
    3,971 Posts
    Is there ever going to be a new PAC 2 update? Like PAC 3? Anyway, I love this add-on, Keeping me busy for ages!

Also, Loriborn, I hope you do know Tortoise SVN makes a server on your PC.
    And that if you don't secure the server strong enough, You can get easily hacked?
    I would use something else than Tortoise.
    I feel it's still early to post this but I'll do it anyway, I've made PAC3 already and a functional placeholder GUI for it. It lacks some features but they should be easy to add. I haven't tested it that much yet though. (I'm a little worried about performance)

It's rewritten so the code and structure of everything is different. (and MUCH cleaner coding wise imo!) It's a lot more flexible and easier to add stuff.

the most notable features i can think of are:

more than 1 clip plane allowed for each part
    weapon class for everything (including bones)
    you can set the outfit on any entity, including (npcs and jeeps, and everything that has bones)
    you can have multiple outfits
    (experimental) you can have links to outfits on your steam profile, so even if the server doesn't have pac3 you should be able to see other clients with outfits if they have a link on their profile (assuming your profile is public of course)

Edited:

oh, i forgot the point of my post

I'm looking for editor ideas. I don't use PAC that much myself, so this something I feel the pac users should be a part of deciding.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 6Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #1324
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,651 Posts
    holy shitting fuck i've been waiting for this for so long

how's about the ability to set more than one bodygroup on a given model

and an outfit set system, so you can group outfits together to be applied all at once

and did you ever fix the delay from clicking the button to actually having the 'outfit applied' message when working with bigger outfits?

5. Post #1325
    August 2005
    3,971 Posts
    There's no way (AFAIK) to get a list of available body groups from lua, so I'm not sure how that would work.

Having the ability to apply outfits to entities that aren't players is also tricky. They won't exist when you start a new game. Players are different since you can get players by their steamid, but entities don't have a "steamid". Sets would only work on players in that case. I'm not sure which way is a good way to approach this

I'll make it ignore sending the outfit back to player who submitted it and only notify the player instead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

6. Post #1326
    August 2010
    6,177 Posts
    fuck yes
    maybe one thing you could do in the editor is allow for grouping of objects that are parented to eachother and such?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

7. Post #1327
    August 2005
    3,971 Posts
    fuck yes
    maybe one thing you could do in the editor is allow for grouping of objects that are parented to eachother and such?
    Parenting is a lot easier and better laid out. I guess if you want to group stuff you can just make a new outfit with your parts, since you can wear multiple outfits.

I also should mention that there's not just 1 part anymore. I have split parts up into multiple types like effect, model, trail, bone and so on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #1328
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,651 Posts
    do you think you could make the Player Model function a bit more versatile, instead of having a preset dropdown list

i want to be able to just put in a model path and have it use that

9. Post #1329
    January 2010
    1,131 Posts
    Also, can you look into making bone merge a bit more versatile?

It would be pretty useful if you could make it so that if you select bone merge on a model that isn't rigged to Valve Biped, you can select which bones on your chosen model get attached to a certain bone on the player.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

10. Post #1330
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,651 Posts
    is it within any realm of possibility that we could at least get a tentative ETA?

11. Post #1331
    March 2011
    102 Posts
    Dunno if this has been requested or not, but could you include a pac_whitelist option, opposite of pac_ban? (everybody starts off 'banned' and is whitelisted manually.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #1332
    Fluttershy Enthusiast
    June 2011
    5,673 Posts
    This would be so neat for darkrp, Faggots might abuse it though.Maybe make it admin only.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

13. Post #1333
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,651 Posts
    a couple of ideas: being able to apply weapon class functionality on parts to multiple weapons, and maybe holdtype class as well

event class, so you can have the part appear or disappear under a variety of circumstances, like being out of ammo, or performing a certain gesture like bowing or waving or reloading, or being in mid-air, or having your jetpack entity spawned for those of us who still use it, or being underwater, or using voice chat, or sprinting

the list goes on really

maybe you could also extend the weapon class to apply to certain traits of weapons, like being full of or out of ammo, or firing, or secondary fire (for ironsighting),

the applications would be enormous
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #1334
    February 2010
    294 Posts
    This might be asking a bit much but.... what if you could create small animation loops or animations/movements that are activated by either certain events (like noobcake mentioned above me) or by pressing a numberpad key.

An example would be... say you gave a PAC built rocket launcher that whenever you go through the event of firing it, an outer barrel recoils and then spins back into place. Or you press the a numpad button and your spaceman helmet folds up and goes into your suit.

Essentially you would be able to give each part (or set of parts) a stop-motion animation that responds to a certain event/trigger (pressing a numpad key or an event happening like noobcake said) or it just continuously loops.

Its a lot to ask for but its just an idea that I think would really give life to PAC costumes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #1335
    November 2011
    69 Posts
    I put this on my DarkRP server and it's a huge hit. People make nice roleplaying skins and sometimes silly ones too, but since my server is semi-serious it doesn't really matter. It's great fun to use, no bugs that I've seen and very in-depth. Thanks for the great submission!
    Go ahead and rate me late ._.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

16. Post #1336
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,651 Posts
    i got a ground breaking idea: skeletal re-arrangement of the antlion guard into SCP-682. it's totally doable, too.

17. Post #1337

January 2012
    1 Posts
    In a newer version of PAC can u make it so that bones from something like misc items from tf2 can be placed directly on to player bones and have the XYZ thing on the bone part?

18. Post #1338
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,651 Posts
    i made a think tank

front:

back:

yeah i know the face is bad, couldn't do much better

which brings me to my next suggestion: health brackets for parts, so i can have my monitors get smashed when my health is low, and have battle scars appear on other costumes

i think it's a neat idea
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #1339
    October 2009
    6,243 Posts
    Is there any way to change the direction of effects? For instance, I add the vortigaunt_beam effect to an item on my character, but although the item is rotated and moved, the effect is always pointing (and landing) in the same spot on the map.

20. Post #1340
    February 2010
    294 Posts
    -snip-

21. Post #1341
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    766 Posts
    Can you make a 'group' sort of thing, so you can group multiple parts together, move them around, shrink them, that sort of thing, all together?

22. Post #1342

February 2012
    2 Posts
    I have PAC installed on my server. I can spawn props onto my body, but I cannot use the bone location editor, making it always stuck on Head. and I cant seem to move the prop around in editor, it always just moves to the middle of the screen everytime I click on it. I have used this addon and its sweet but I could use some help.

Edited:

And I get this
    Hook 'mctrl.Think' Failed: [@pac\cl_mctrl.lua:117] bad argument #2 to '?' (Vector expected, got nil)
    [

23. Post #1343
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,651 Posts
    something's probably conflicting with it

another suggestion: being able to make ropes from one part to another, configurable slack, width, and texture, all that good stuff

24. Post #1344
    February 2010
    294 Posts
    I think it would be interesting if when you changed the size of your person you would have the option to change your viewpoint also. (If your hitbox actually changed too that would be fantastic).
    EDIT:
    Sorry noobcake, accidentally rated your post dumb.

25. Post #1345
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,651 Posts
    i like that idea

create MEGAS in PAC, fuck yeah

also if it bugs you that much then refresh and you can rate it again

26. Post #1346
    February 2010
    294 Posts
    i like that idea

create MEGAS in PAC, fuck yeah

also if it bugs you that much then refresh and you can rate it again
    Not only megas though, you could also create teeny tiny people that live inside a mik carton- or you could turn yourself into a spider.

27. Post #1347
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,651 Posts
    oh god yes

creep around as a spider and scare the shit out of people

ARACHNOPHOBES BEWARE

28. Post #1348
    February 2010
    294 Posts
    Just had another idea: What if there was a list of effects instead of just typing it in, to make it easier for newcomers and old veterans alike.
    EDIT:
    Another idea! You could also list weapon classes and have a check box for showing when the weapon is out or showing whenever it isn't out.

29. Post #1349
    September 2010
    54 Posts
    do you think it is possible to do weapon classing with bones?
    maybe bind props to projectiles?
    krazy bomb and Noobcake have really awesome sounding ideas too.
    you could make like an animation list and add frames in, then maybe somewhere have like an event list so you can trigger the event and bind it to a key.(IE Krazy's helmet idea) except you could do it with more instead of just the helmet, think of the possibilities. folding wings, sets of armor that just fold up and disappear. it could be even more amazing

30. Post #1350
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,651 Posts
    weapon class to bones is already an established feature

but i like the animations idea, as much of a pain in the ass as it'd be to set up

would be worth it for those patient enough

31. Post #1351
    February 2010
    294 Posts
    do you think it is possible to do weapon classing with bones?
    maybe bind props to projectiles?
    krazy bomb and Noobcake have really awesome sounding ideas too.
    you could make like an animation list and add frames in, then maybe somewhere have like an event list so you can trigger the event and bind it to a key.(IE Krazy's helmet idea) except you could do it with more instead of just the helmet, think of the possibilities. folding wings, sets of armor that just fold up and disappear. it could be even more amazing
    Yep, that was just what I was getting at, I was just using a helmet as an example. Though don't forget that if you made it so that the animation was looping, you could make (and keep in mind this would probably take quite some time to do frame by frame) spiders or bugs constantly running in and out of some monsters skin. Just as an example.

32. Post #1352
    October 2008
    438 Posts
    the ability to hide weapons seem to be partially broken I can only hide one weapon but when I try hiding another weapon the other one unhides.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #1353

February 2012
    2 Posts
    HELP.
    I put parts on my weapon and I make it so the default weapon doesnt show and only shows the prop i attached. I can still see the default weapons (like I can see the crowbar stick out of the sword prop i replaced it with) and even when i click on hide weapon class it still shows. Help.

34. Post #1354
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,651 Posts
    yeah the weapon class function in pac2 is fucked to hell

it's fixed in pac3

35. Post #1355
    October 2008
    438 Posts
    yeah the weapon class function in pac2 is fucked to hell

it's fixed in pac3
    To bad Pac3 is most likely months away from releasing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #1356
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,651 Posts
    indeed

iduno about you but i'd much rather capsadmin put all his effort into finishing pac3 than fixing the broken down piece of shit that is pac2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

37. Post #1357
    September 2010
    54 Posts
    might have to start work on a Lazengann PAC outfit. <3

38. Post #1358
    February 2010
    294 Posts
    So many good ideas floating through this thread.... it would be nice if capsadmin posted some sort of response though.

39. Post #1359
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,651 Posts
    yeah, being kept up to date would be nice

40. Post #1360
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    11,096 Posts

Idea from Halo's Oracle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)