1. Post #121
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,972 Posts
    Damn , doesnt work for me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Russian Federation Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

2. Post #122
    August 2005
    3,985 Posts
    Damn , doesnt work for me
    Please explain.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #123

September 2009
    51 Posts
    Bricks have been shat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #124
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,972 Posts
    Found , what is wrong ITS SO AWESOME
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Russian Federation Show Events

5. Post #125
    January 2008
    59 Posts
    Hmm, Caps, Could it be the addon to keep Ragdolls when an npc dies serverside (I think, it could be clientside)? I'll remove it and see what happens..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

6. Post #126

September 2009
    51 Posts
    ARGH

I cant add parts or bones! it just gives me errors!

PAC Render Error: autorun/pac2.lua:832: Tried to use a NULL entity!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

7. Post #127
    January 2008
    59 Posts
    ARGH

I cant add parts or bones! it just gives me errors!

PAC Render Error: autorun/pac2.lua:832: Tried to use a NULL entity!
    It's the same as mine, Caps recons its a problem to do with a ragdoll addon.

8. Post #128

September 2009
    51 Posts
    It's the same as mine, Caps recons its a problem to do with a ragdoll addon.
    Death ragdolls, maybe?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

9. Post #129
    August 2005
    3,985 Posts
    How you does this.
    It was done by scaling all the bones from pelvis and down to 0 and then the pelvis position was lowered so it touched the ground. (positioning the pelvis will make the entire player model reposition)

Edited:

Death ragdolls, maybe?
    Yes, death ragdolls do not work with this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events

10. Post #130
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,167 Posts
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

I am updating my SVN and going into gmod NOW.

11. Post #131
    August 2005
    3,985 Posts
    Finished my portal suit I think

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events Artistic Artistic x 13Funny Funny x 1Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

12. Post #132
    January 2008
    59 Posts
    Very artistic there. I got PAC working so I can make some cool suits now :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #133
    Gold Member

June 2007
    5,036 Posts
    Finished my portal suit I think

-pics-
    Should've set the player's alpha to zero.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #134
    August 2005
    3,985 Posts
    Should've set the player's alpha to zero.
    I did that in the first picture.

15. Post #135
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,456 Posts

I made a Flying Saucer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #136
    July 2009
    74 Posts

Now I can be undead from the waist up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

17. Post #137
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,456 Posts
    BIG PIC ALERT
    i took the cigarette model from durgzmod
    the only problem is i cant get the orange sprite thing to go to the end of the cigarette :saddowns:

Real men smoke cigars.
    (The red tip has an animated glowing texture.)

Edited:

I miss being able to stack outfits. Before, if I had 2 separate files, say a jetpack and a hat, I could click the jetpack and then the hat and have both on. Now, you can only have one at a time.
    Are you going to change that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #138
    August 2005
    3,985 Posts

Real men smoke cigars.

Edited:

I miss being able to stack outfits. Before, if I had 2 separate files, say a jetpack and a hat, I could click the jetpack and then the hat and have both on. Now, you can only have one at a time.
    Are you going to change that?
    The problem is that they would conflict. I could make a mixer and let you choose which one to prioritize.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

19. Post #139
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,569 Posts
    Next we need a version that can add suits to NPCs. Probably singleplayer only if it's even possible, but that'd be awesome.

Rightclick with a tool to select an NPC to edit instead of yourself, leftclick on any of the same NPC type (Antguard, fast zombie, barnacle, ect) or reload to restore the function on yourself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #140
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,456 Posts
    The problem is that they would conflict. I could make a mixer and let you choose which one to prioritize.
    In which ways would they conflict? Would bone attachments mess up? Would lights and other auxiliary effects conflict?

Also, sometimes when you die and respawn, you can see the models attached to yourself and they sometimes block your view. It seems to happen the most when you die looking through a camera. It is easily fixed by opening the editor for a split second, but it still is kind of annoying. Just a heads up.

Also, sometimes when going through the outfit selection menu, your chat will be spammed with "You must wait 5 seconds between submissions", sometimes for a bit after you leave the editor and sometimes even after you changed and had the outfit you want. You can't really see it in that screen, I should've included a console shot. When it happens, it probably apears about 5-10 times over. Also, sometimes you might choose an outfit and it will change to soemthing else without input. Just selecting the outfit again fixes it.

Another glitch: Ever since I got this addon, I've noticed this small window appear in the top right when you open the score panel.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #141
    August 2005
    3,985 Posts
    In which ways would they conflict?
    The outfits. If one has head size of 10 while the other one has 5 it will conflict.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #142
    moo
    November 2006
    4,834 Posts
    -ninja'd-

23. Post #143
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,456 Posts
    The outfits. If one has head size of 10 while the other one has 5 it will conflict.
    Oh, I see.

24. Post #144
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,569 Posts
    This is fun with the TF2 gamemode. Holding bats freddy krueger style is win.

Edited:

Speaking of which, could you add the ability to hide just the worldmodel of a weapon?

25. Post #145
    February 2009
    298 Posts
    In err..1280 x 800...and windows mode, the interface is very very tiny.

(this is the only resolution I play in really, any higher and the game is bigger then my screen for some reason and windows 7 likes to push it down so I cant drag it up to fix the whole screen :(. )

Also..Is this surpose to not work in multplayer? No one can see anyone's changes to anything, although we get the "In pac editor" sign.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #146
    August 2009
    393 Posts
    hey guys can your put this on garrysmod.org? i dont have svn,:((
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Russian Federation Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #147
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,456 Posts
    Dumping some more outfits
    Where is the Flamethrower effect located?
    Also, this mod will break the whole mod. Trying to create a prop will result in this error:
    Code:
    Tried to use a NULL entity!PAC Render Error: autorun/pac2.lua:832: Tried to use a NULL entity!
    Just so you know. A friend had trouble and I had to troubleshoot it for him.
    (Also, dumb question: Does the server need to have this mod to work for players to be able to see it? It seems like it's clientside and people who at least have it will be able to see it. I'm not sure.)

28. Post #148
    February 2009
    298 Posts
    The old hatmaker was server side, why not this one?

I see it as almost pointless if no one else can see what I look like.

29. Post #149
    August 2005
    3,985 Posts
    The old hatmaker was server side, why not this one?

I see it as almost pointless if no one else can see what I look like.
    That's not what I meant about serverside. What I meant about serverside was the parts being physical and serverside so you can make real armor.

Everyone will be able to see your outfit.

30. Post #150
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,053 Posts

Real men smoke cigars.
    No, no they don't
    Any way, how did you get the sprite to go to the end of the cigar?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

31. Post #151
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    4,648 Posts
    Where is the Flamethrower effect located?
    It's from TF2 and is named "flamethrower".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #152
    February 2009
    298 Posts
    That's not what I meant about serverside. What I meant about serverside was the parts being physical and serverside so you can make real armor.

Everyone will be able to see your outfit.
    Will be or can?

At the moment no one can see anything of anyone elses, only themselves.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #153
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,456 Posts
    No, no they don't
    Any way, how did you get the sprite to go to the end of the cigar?
    It's two props: The brown body is a gas canister scaled down and textured to plaster and colored brown. The lit tip is a soda can scaled down and textured. I attached the sprite to the soda can.

EDIT:
    Is there going to be a zoom functionality for the editor?

34. Post #154
    Any possible Non-Svn Link?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #155
    August 2009
    393 Posts
    yeah put it on garrysmod.org for one day
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Russian Federation Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #156
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    1,094 Posts
    This is more of a public test than an actual release. It's not finished. Uploading it to gmod.org would be useless, as changes could be applied any moment. Once we feel like it's done, it will be uploaded to anywhere you want.

Is there going to be a zoom functionality for the editor?
    You can rotate the view by pressing left mouse button and zoom by pressing right.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Latvia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

37. Post #157
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,456 Posts
    This is more of a public test than an actual release. It's not finished. Uploading it to gmod.org would be useless, as changes could be applied any moment. Once we feel like it's done, it will be uploaded to anywhere you want.

You can rotate the view by pressing left mouse button and zoom by pressing right.
    Oh...
    I didn't even think to right click...
    That's handy.

38. Post #158
    August 2005
    3,985 Posts
    Will be or can?

At the moment no one can see anything of anyone elses, only themselves.
    No. At the moment everyone can see what everyone is wearing. You must wear the outfit in the PAC browser.

39. Post #159
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    2,115 Posts
    This is golden.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events

40. Post #160
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,177 Posts
    I toyed with it a bit, and the only thing I regret (else than the animation gets all weird if you try to make them run differently) is that if you change weapon, it all fucks up, it would be nice to set "this set of bones" for "this animation" (holding smg, holding shotgun).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete France Show Events