1. Post #1641
    August 2010
    28 Posts
    I have no idea then.
    alright, I figured out what was wrong with the "my outfit tree", but any ideas on why i can't edit the player model?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #1642
    August 2005
    3,950 Posts
    alright, I figured out what was wrong with the "my outfit tree", but any ideas on why i can't edit the player model?
    if you add an entity part to your outfit it will allow you to modify some properties of the owner on the outfit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

3. Post #1643
    August 2010
    28 Posts
    if you add an entity part to your outfit it will allow you to modify some properties to the owner of the outfit
    This worked perfectly! Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #1644
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    2,053 Posts
    I can see people replacing there crowbar with a stunstick.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

5. Post #1645
    August 2005
    3,950 Posts
    I'm still improving and adding stuff, I just haven't bothered posting about it. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Some I can think of:

- Added sunbeams part which should work the way it did in PAC2.
    - Added proxy part which behaves like the material proxy in the source engine, but for parts and not (only) materials.
    - Clearing should clear on server properly and all that now.
    - If you type LOCALEYES in "aim part name" the part will always aim at the client's screen. (Useful for eyes)

The proxy part basically alters the parent's variable specified constantly in a specified way. You can pulse the size variable with sin, make the size always stay the same on the client's screen by using the "camera distance" input. Maybe even use the velocity of the owner to fade a part in and out using modifying the alpha variable. Its intended use is for animations but it should be a lot of fun to experiment with to create interesting effects.

The proxy part is not entirely finished. I can add more inputs and functions (I take requests)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

6. Post #1646
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    2,053 Posts
    Well, I am going to go mess around with changing what weapons are.

7. Post #1647
    September 2012
    1 Posts
    how do i download this please tell me i beg of you just plz tell me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

8. Post #1648
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    2,053 Posts
    SVN. and I am trying to get a thing on my back the is gone when I have the weapon out but I have to have the weapon to have it there.
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...997?tab=public

9. Post #1649
    January 2012
    46 Posts
    SVN. and I am trying to get a thing on my back the is gone when I have the weapon out but I have to have the weapon to have it there.
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...997?tab=public
    You created a event without a parent.

If you want the event to affect the weapon on your back, you have to rightclick on the model you created in the list and give a event to that.

In this case as I see it, the event is triggering an event which triggers nothing at all.
    So just go ahead and create a event as the child of the model and not the group.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events

10. Post #1650
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    2,053 Posts
    You created a event without a parent.

If you want the event to affect the weapon on your back, you have to rightclick on the model you created in the list and give a event to that.

In this case as I see it, the event is triggering an event which triggers nothing at all.
    So just go ahead and create a event as the child of the model and not the group.
    Oh, Wrong pic. I guess I never took one of the right thing. I tried in the model and well it still did not work.

11. Post #1651
    March 2008
    1,454 Posts
    How do I hide the "default" player model like in PAC 2? Can't find anything for it in PAC 3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events

12. Post #1652
    August 2005
    3,950 Posts
    How do I hide the "default" player model like in PAC 2? Can't find anything for it in PAC 3
    Add an entity part to your outfit and check "hide entity"

The entity part modifies the owner of the outfit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

13. Post #1653
    March 2008
    1,454 Posts
    I've already said it for pac 2 and I'll say it again now: this needs to be part of gmod by default. It fits perfectly what gmod is all about and pac 3 looks incredibly polished
    Very well done
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #1654
    March 2008
    1,454 Posts
    Oh man, been trying to wrap my head around a bunch of things, maybe you could give me a few explanations? I can't be the only one not undestanding this

-"command" event. what's that exactly?

-I added a bone and set it to the arm, but when i tried to rotate it around the child bones (forearm, hand, etc) didn't follow. How do I do otherwise?

-how does the animation part works at all? I tried using it either on his own or as a child but all I get is my character gets all twitchy as if it was trying to play both the default and the new animation at the same time

-how does manual bonemerging for the tf2 characters work? I understand i'm supposed to use the follow part (?) thing but when i try to do that parts get all stretched out

Probably had some more problems but trying to solve them gave me a headache and I don't remember them now :c

15. Post #1655
    August 2005
    3,950 Posts
    -"command" event. what's that exactly?
    It's an experimental event. To trigger it type pac_event *something* in console. It was meant to be something for you to use to trigger something in a pac outfit using a custom key. Like "bind k "pac_event posesomething""

-I added a bone and set it to the arm, but when i tried to rotate it around the child bones (forearm, hand, etc) didn't follow. How do I do otherwise?
    Some bones can only be read and not modified. It's just how it is. Try "upper arm" or "forearm". This can be a little confusing when using a 3d selection because they are on the same spot, but you can right click on the ... button to show a list instead.

-how does the animation part works at all? I tried using it either on his own or as a child but all I get is my character gets all twitchy as if it was trying to play both the default and the new animation at the same time
    The animation part was never meant to be used on players, but it just does by "accident" because of how the code works. It's meant to be used on models. I can probably make a hack for it to work properly on players though.

-how does manual bonemerging for the tf2 characters work? I understand i'm supposed to use the follow part (?) thing but when i try to do that parts get all stretched out
    You need to add a bone on the tf2 model and then make that bone follow a part on the player model. If you do it the other way around it will stretch. The head and neck also don't work with it for some reason.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

16. Post #1656
    March 2008
    1,454 Posts
    I see, many thanks

it's not really a problem but I figure you might want have a look at it anyway, when I press the ... to select a model from the PAC gui I get this error

[addons/pac3/lua/pac3/pace/panels/properties.lua:909] attempt to call field 'TFind' (a nil value)
    1. addons/pac3/lua/pac3/pace/panels/properties.lua:909 (populate)
    2. addons/pac3/lua/pac3/pace/panels/properties.lua:973 (SpecialCallback)
    3. addons/pac3/lua/pac3/pace/panels/properties.lua:274 (DoClick)
    4. lua/vgui/dlabel.lua:196 (unknown)
    5. (tail call):-1 (unknown)

and whenever i click on the screen to move the camera around or drag a part i keep shooting whatever weapon i'm holding. It's kinda annoying. I don't have any other addon installed, either.

Oh, one last thing, what's the difference between find and find simple?

17. Post #1657
    August 2005
    3,950 Posts
    1 and 2, those are bugs I should fix.

find is using lua patterns while find simple is not using lua patterns.

see http://www.lua.org/pil/20.2.html for more info

18. Post #1658
    September 2012
    4 Posts
    I'm just getting a ton of lua errors. (using Gmod 13 Beta)
    In addition to the ones you just referred to as bugs, I'm also getting:

Timer 'autosave_session' Error: [addons/pac3/lua/pac3/pace/logic.lua:246] attempt to index global 'luadata' (a nil value)

1. lua/includes/modules/timer.lua:172 (unknown)
    2. [C]:-1 (pcall)
    3. lua/includes/modules/hook.lua:80 (unknown)

Whenever I try to check the "hide" box under my entity, or when I manually set a model for my entity. Also, setting my model manually will change my character model into Kleiner, regardless of what model I chose. Removing the entity does not reverse this. I have to reset my player model via gmod's Player-Model option.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #1659
    August 2005
    3,950 Posts
    What version of the beta are you using?

I'm trying to make sure PAC3 works on the steam version, not the svn version.

20. Post #1660
    September 2012
    4 Posts
    What version of the beta are you using?

I'm trying to make sure PAC3 works on the steam version, not the svn version.
    I'm using Steam's Garry's Mod Beta.

21. Post #1661
    August 2005
    3,950 Posts
    I'm using Steam's Garry's Mod Beta.
    what other addons do you have?

22. Post #1662
    November 2006
    18 Posts
    Is it possible to make your actual character model invisible?

I have a ragdoll bone merged but can't seem to get the player model to disappear.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

23. Post #1663
    L33t modl haxorz..
    March 2012
    1,476 Posts
    Add an entity tab/modifier or whatever and change the alpha to 0 and material to something other than the model's default.

24. Post #1664
    August 2005
    3,950 Posts
    you can also just tick hide entity

25. Post #1665
    September 2012
    4 Posts
    what other addons do you have?
    None. And I get these errors on startup:
    IN BLUE:
    [Test:1] unexpected symbol near '<'
    [addons/pac3/lua/autorun/pac_init.lua:29] [AddCSLuaFile] Error parsing 'addons/pac3/lua/pac3/core/client/libraries/luadata.lua'
    IN YELLOW:
    Couldn't include file 'libraries\luadata.lua' (File not found) (@addons/pac3/lua/pac3/core/client/init.lua (line 4))
    Couldn't include file 'libraries\luadata.lua' (File not found) (@addons/pac3/lua/pac3/core/client/init.lua (line 4))

And this after a minute or so of play:

Simple Timer Error: [addons/pac3/lua/pac3/pace/logic.lua:325] attempt to index global 'luadata' (a nil value)

1. lua/includes/modules/timer.lua:190 (unknown)

Traceback: stack traceback:
    lua/includes/modules/timer.lua:226: in function 'Simple'
    addons/pac3/lua/pac3/pace/logic.lua:340: in function <addons/pac3/lua/pac3/pace/logic.lua:339>
    [C]: in function 'pcall'
    lua/includes/modules/hook.lua:80: in function <lua/includes/modules/hook.lua:63>
    1. lua/includes/modules/timer.lua:191 (unknown)

26. Post #1666
    August 2005
    3,950 Posts
    can you paste 'addons/pac3/lua/pac3/core/client/libraries/luadata.lua' on http://www.pastebin.com, delete pac3 and then checkout again?

Edited:

I've been using github for another project and I'm really liking it, so I might move pac3 to github. This should make it possible to download a zip, but git is kindof unheard of here.

27. Post #1667
    November 2006
    18 Posts
    Add an entity tab/modifier or whatever and change the alpha to 0 and material to something other than the model's default.
    you can also just tick hide entity
    Awesome thanks guys, works great. One last question, is it possible to attach arms and legs on a ragdoll to your player model that won't do so by default with bone merge? Like a ragdoll that's larger than the player model's skeleton? I tried parenting bones on a ragdoll to each bone on the player model but it doesn't seem to work.

28. Post #1668
    August 2005
    3,950 Posts
    Awesome thanks guys, works great. One last question, is it possible to attach arms and legs on a ragdoll to your player model that won't do so by default with bone merge? Like a ragdoll that's larger than the player model's skeleton? I tried parenting bones on a ragdoll to each bone on the player model but it doesn't seem to work.
    You need to make a part on your player's bone and have the ragdoll bone follow that part.

29. Post #1669
    November 2006
    18 Posts
    You need to make a part on your player's bone and have the ragdoll bone follow that part.
    Got it following the part's angles fine, but the ragdoll's head stretches out and sticks to a position, even though the part on the player model's bone moves. Did I miss something else?

30. Post #1670
    August 2005
    3,950 Posts
    I don't know why the head behaves like that. I worked around it by clipping the head off.

31. Post #1671
    November 2006
    18 Posts
    Got it, thank you sir you've been a great help.

32. Post #1672
    September 2012
    4 Posts
    can you paste 'addons/pac3/lua/pac3/core/client/libraries/luadata.lua' on http://www.pastebin.com, delete pac3 and then checkout again?

Edited:

I've been using github for another project and I'm really liking it, so I might move pac3 to github. This should make it possible to download a zip, but git is kindof unheard of here.
    Ohhhhh! I got a corrupt luadata.lua because of web filter. Do you have the raw code I could copy & paste?
    And your github idea is good. It would really help if it was a zip.

Edit:
    Nevermind. I got it. But now when I make an entity, nothing shows up. It's as if it's always hidden. Checking "hide entity" makes my character disappear entirely. Checking the normal "hide" does nothing.

Edit 2:
    Okay... realized entities weren't for bone merging. Got it working now. Besides the search and always-shoot bug, I'm glad to have it back and better than ever! Thanks!!!! I've been a huge fan of PAC for a long time. Glad to see you've made the effort to put it in gmod 13! ...unlike the makers of SharpEye... :'(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #1673
    November 2007
    78 Posts
    Used this mod plenty of times myself, love it!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #1674
    August 2005
    3,950 Posts
    Been making vehicles/mounts lately. Here are some of the things I made!

tf2 prop airboat skin:

antlion airboat skin:

dog player skin:

mvm jeep skin:

For the vehicle skins, you can add a bone to offset the seat position and have it follow a part which is not parented to anything. They all animate as you would expect them to by using the animation part mixed with proxy parts to properly adjust animation rate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 5Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

35. Post #1675
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,648 Posts
    holy shit that jeep is brilliant

36. Post #1676
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    2,053 Posts
    I want that antlion guard as a pet.

37. Post #1677

September 2012
    1 Posts
    How do you install on a dedicated server ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

38. Post #1678
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    11,334 Posts
    Caps you encourage me every day to learn Lua so that I can start working on an RTS Gamemode where players can spawn their own contraptions as units.
    In speaking of that whole jeep thing a few posts up... Is it possible to use PAC on say a custom vehicle script?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

39. Post #1679
    August 2005
    3,950 Posts
    Caps you encourage me every day to learn Lua so that I can start working on an RTS Gamemode where players can spawn their own contraptions as units.
    In speaking of that whole jeep thing a few posts up... Is it possible to use PAC on say a custom vehicle script?
    It is, but you have to make it yourself. I've implemented some functions just now to make it easier

these are on the client:

ent:SetPACOutfit(path, slot)
    ent:RemovePACOutfit(slot)
    ent:RemovePACOutfits()
    ent:GetPACOutfits()

Slot can be anything. If it's nothing path will be used as slot. It's used to uniquely identify the outfit so you are able to wear more than one.

here's an example:

if CLIENT then
    	function VEHICLE:Initialize()
    		if pac then
    			self:SetPACOutfit("myvehiclething/outfit.txt")
    		end
    	end

function VEHICLE:OnRemove()
    		if pac then
    			self:RemovePACOutfit("myvehiclething/outfit.txt")
    		end
    	end
    end

the txt file is a part, not a session. So you'd put the outfit you've made in the pac editor in something like:

"addons/myvehicle/data/myvehiclething/outfit.txt"

40. Post #1680
    Snow Wolf677
    That jeep is insane, Capsy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Informative Informative x 2 (list)