1. Post #161
    January 2010
    220 Posts
    You should give the AC-130 a thermal view, not a grey view, but it's great, Oh and do you need some HUD help?
    Yes i could use some help, thanks for offering.

2. Post #162
    November 2009
    407 Posts
    Make the 105mm and 40mm rounds look like big bullets, not missiles.

3. Post #163
    February 2010
    16 Posts
    Like it matters, they aren't missiles or bullets any who.

4. Post #164
    July 2009
    99 Posts
    Are you going to make the helicopter that flies around in one spot and kills people that get near it besides you?

Edit:

The sentry gun and emergency man, too. :buddy:

5. Post #165
    September 2009
    15,255 Posts
    People, stop requesting the other killstreaks continuously over and over again

Coding them aren't easy, give him some time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

6. Post #166
    August 2009
    14 Posts
    idk whats wrong with mine, I've selected my killstreaks, enabled killstreaks, set required npcs to = 1 player kill to 1, I kill the required amount of npcs, and nothing happens, wtf am I supposed to do to fix this?

I should mention I tried this on map Harbor2ocean

7. Post #167
    July 2009
    99 Posts
    :siren: Bug! :siren:

After I use my killstreak reward, it won't let me switch to any other weapons. I have no weapon out and can't shoot or anything. I have to kill myself and respawn to make it work.

Maybe it's my admin mod? I use Evolve and ULX.

8. Post #168
    January 2010
    220 Posts
    :siren: Bug! :siren:

After I use my killstreak reward, it won't let me switch to any other weapons. I have no weapon out and can't shoot or anything. I have to kill myself and respawn to make it work.

Maybe it's my admin mod? I use Evolve and ULX.
    do you have half life 2 deathmatch?

9. Post #169
    Fuck You, Laren Faust
    July 2009
    2,432 Posts
    First off I always thought the harrier missile was just one missile that exploded into several shrapnels in the air. And when the harriers fly bye the're quiet instead of the WOOOOOSH, WOOOOOSH,. The
    AC130's main weapon just makes a weak explosion sound instead of the trademarked WhaaaaaAaAAAAPLUUUUM! (sorry for all the onomatopoeias) hmm..what else? Did you replace the harrier with that harrier model and the harrier npc code that one guy provided? If so which dl link has them in it. also good luck with the other killstreaks! it's looking good ; )
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #170
    July 2009
    99 Posts
    do you have half life 2 deathmatch?
    Yes, I do have HL2 Deathmatch.

No matter what I do, after I use my killstreak reward, I'm stuck on the killstreak weapon and can't switch to anything else and can't use any other killstreak weapons when I earn them.
    I have to respawn myself for it to let me change weapons.

11. Post #171
    January 2010
    220 Posts
    Yes, I do have HL2 Deathmatch.

No matter what I do, after I use my killstreak reward, I'm stuck on the killstreak weapon and can't switch to anything else and can't use any other killstreak weapons when I earn them.
    I have to respawn myself for it to let me change weapons.
    Ok well in every weapon theres a holster function theres a line in it thats commented out, delete the // at the beginning of the line, that should fix it

12. Post #172
    September 2009
    314 Posts
    -snip-

13. Post #173
    January 2008
    458 Posts
    I can't believe this was actually made! :iia:
    Have my babies.

Also, if you possibly need any effects, I might be able to make some in my spare time.

14. Post #174

January 2010
    19 Posts
    Hello, so i have been working on making the killstreaks that are in Modern warfare 2 available in Garry's mod.

So far i have done the
    [list][*]UAV[*]Predator missile[*]Harrier[*]AC-130[/list]
    Planned for next release:
    [list][*]Precision Airstrike[*]Stealth bomber[/list]
    To use an acquired killstreak bind "Use_KillStreak" to what ever.

When you join a game, or start up a server or single player, a window will pop up asking for you to choose which kill streaks you want to use, you can select up to 3. to change the killstreaks again open the menu through the user tab under utilitys. in order for the new killstreaks to take effect you will have to die and respawn.

To use the predator missile, press the movement keys ( normally W A S D), to increase the speed press the fire button
    The harrier placement is the same as the predator missile
    The AC-130: move mouse to look around, fire button fires the missiles and secondary fire changes weapons

I put in the custom sounds from the game in, as well as custom kill icons
    Now there are sounds from the different teams, like the militia, navy seals, Russians, Tf141, and the US marines

Since some NPCs are easier to kill then players, i have put in a feature to change the amount of kills required for killing an NPC to equal one player kill. EX: setting it to 3 will require that the player kill 3 NPCs to get 1 kill, so lets say you want to get a uav well the player would have to kill 9 NPCs to get a UAV.
    Killing a strider or antlion guard = 1 player kill.

Only the admin can change this, and they can choose to disable this addon as well.

I've included a stinger missile (missing the sounds) to shoot down the Harrier, and AC-130

The menu to set these setting are under the utilitys menu, under admin

The first time you ever use this addon, you have to enable it, its under the above stated menu, there's an option called enable

Contains all the needed models

If you do not have half life 2 deathmatch, then you will have to download this fix, and read the read me that came with the kill streaks

the harrier wont come in when i order it...

15. Post #175
    September 2009
    314 Posts
    I have some issues.

My harrier doesn't do a bombing run, it just appears out of nowhere and is a few feet from the ground.

My AC130 is absolutely useless, I select to use it, but nothing happens at all.

I don't have HL2 DM by the way, help please!

16. Post #176
    January 2010
    220 Posts
    I have some issues.

My harrier doesn't do a bombing run, it just appears out of nowhere and is a few feet from the ground.

My AC130 is absolutely useless, I select to use it, but nothing happens at all.

I don't have HL2 DM by the way, help please!
    did you download the fix from the first post?

Edited:

the harrier wont come in when i order it...
    There are some things i need to know about your problem
    1. Do you have Half life 2 deathmatch?
    2. If you don't did you download the fix?
    3. Is there anything else your having problems with, or is it just the harrier?

17. Post #177
    Fuck You, Laren Faust
    July 2009
    2,432 Posts
    ...it kind of seems like my post was completely ignored... :|

18. Post #178
    January 2010
    220 Posts
    First off I always thought the harrier missile was just one missile that exploded into several shrapnels in the air. And when the harriers fly bye the're quiet instead of the WOOOOOSH, WOOOOOSH,. The
    AC130's main weapon just makes a weak explosion sound instead of the trademarked WhaaaaaAaAAAAPLUUUUM! (sorry for all the onomatopoeias) hmm..what else? Did you replace the harrier with that harrier model and the harrier npc code that one guy provided? If so which dl link has them in it. also good luck with the other killstreaks! it's looking good ; )
    I didn't ignore your post, i was a little busy and i just now got back on my computer.
    I haven't really looked at how the air strike bombs fly in, i know they are not like what it is in game, but it gets the job done. The sounds you mentioned, i never dealt with, i didn't put in a fly in sound for the jets because i don't have the sound for that.
    For the AC-130, i didn't do anything for the explosion sounds those are the regular sounds from a base explosion.
    The current harrier model is the model that is shown in the video with the AC-130.
    The harrier doesn't move, unless you go into the code and change one line, i mentioned earlier why i did this

19. Post #179
    Fuck You, Laren Faust
    July 2009
    2,432 Posts
    okay, thanks. Hope you plan on fixing some of this in the future (mostly the sounds).
    Really a great mod already tho!

20. Post #180
    September 2009
    15,255 Posts
    For those of you who have issues with having no harrier/ac130 flying in:

Make sure the map you are playing on have a tall and large skybox. Try a simple-yet-tall map such as gm_construct first

@Death dealer142
    I have an incomplete (but working) SWEP of a CoD4 style airstrike cluster bomb, do you want to take a look and possibly use this for the airstrikes/harrier?

21. Post #181
    September 2009
    314 Posts
    did you download the fix from the first post?

Edited:

There are some things i need to know about your problem
    1. Do you have Half life 2 deathmatch?
    2. If you don't did you download the fix?
    3. Is there anything else your having problems with, or is it just the harrier?
    Thanks, fixed now, however I still have 1 issue.

Whenever I bring up the little circle to choose my bombing run area, it's just at my feet and I can hardly move it around, I don't see the map or anything.

Also, great addon! AC130 is the best. And I have a suggestion for the AC130, possibly in the admin menu, some kind of duration for the AC130 would be pretty cool, so I can choose how long I want to stay in it.

22. Post #182
    December 2009
    53 Posts
    I get no firing sounds with the AC130 and my UAV alsoblurs. would post screenie if I knew how. Thanks for reading. [Edit] I found out the sounds don't work in mulitplayer when I host a server but they do in single player hope this helps.

23. Post #183
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,147 Posts
    F5 to take screenshots, or take out the Camera tool.

Then, go to your Gmod folder, and go under "screenshots" until you find it.
    They are arranged my [map name]_[number], ex, gm_flatgrass1,
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

24. Post #184
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,532 Posts
    for the 105mm cannons on the ac-130, I recommend that you greatly reduce the time for the smoke to go away from the bombs. I dropped a few on gm_bigcity, and the smoke was there for at least 10 minutes.

25. Post #185
    May 2009
    3,423 Posts
    Somone needs to make a ac-130 enamy npc. So much fun trying to kill one of those XD

26. Post #186
    February 2010
    11 Posts
    I have installed it the way you said and everything but everytime I try to use the killstreaks I have the red error markers at the top corners! please help me! I don't have HL2 Deathmatch but I did exactly what the readme said

27. Post #187
    July 2009
    99 Posts
    I was looking in the UAV weapon to try and remove the comment lines before the holster function, and I found this
    Code:
    //.Owner:GetActiveWeapon()
    Would this be it?

28. Post #188
    January 2010
    220 Posts
    I was looking in the UAV weapon to try and remove the comment lines before the holster function, and I found this
    Code:
    //.Owner:GetActiveWeapon()
    Would this be it?
    no, with the UAV i didn't comment the line out, leave it the way it is, if your having a problem with the UAV aswell, then there is another problem going on.

the line your looking for is
    Code:
    //self.Owner:StripWeapon(self:GetClass());
    Remove the // before the line.

29. Post #189
    August 2009
    14 Posts
    I have a unique problem with mine it looks like, the menus work, but the killstreaks dont. when I kill the required amount of npcs for a Killstreak, nothing happens. I have HL2 DM is there a specific HL2 Episode you need for it to work? I've tried every thing except messing with the coding, idk whats wrong with it...

30. Post #190
    November 2009
    712 Posts
    On my server when I try to change the settings it fails, as it just makes me run the commands in the console, rather than the server running them. I'm a superadmin and I get these errors when I try to change settings in the utilities menu

Can't change replicated ConVar mw2_enable_killstreaks from console of client, only server operator can change its value

Edited:

EDIT: It seems online that nothing works except the UAV

31. Post #191
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,703 Posts

Do I have to improve something?

edit:
    Transparent:

edit:

Looks good in-game, trying to remove your text.

32. Post #192
    May 2009
    3,423 Posts
    I realy like this and it kicks ass. The ac-130 rocks man well done.

( Some things I think you can add or change )

1. Can you make it so when I use the ac-130 it spawns behind me. I made a army of combine and the plane allways spawns randomly and fly's straight on a big map ( I have not tried this on a small map yet)

2. Can you add them to the weapons menu yet I hate having to respawn to use them again. And sometimes I don't want to have to kill lots of npc's to get the kill streaks if I am going to make a enamy base to invade. I make the base then I can just ac-130 it to peaces without gaining them.

Edited:

Oh and keep up the good work I like the sounds of the next release.

Edited:

Just mad a quick idea. For big maps and stufe can you make it so by holding down a or d the ac-130 terns that way so I can circle a building I am trying to constantly pound ?

33. Post #193
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,703 Posts

Removed text, can't fix position though...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

34. Post #194
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,279 Posts
    That looks great.

35. Post #195
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,703 Posts
    if not ( CLIENT ) then return end
    local KillsRequired = {}
    KillsRequired["uav"] = 3; KillsRequired["care_packege"] = 4; KillsRequired["predator_missile"] = 5; KillsRequired["harrier"] = 7; KillsRequired["ac-130"] = 11; 
    local aquiredKillStreaks = {};
    local centerX = ScrW()/2;
    local centerY = ScrH()/2
    local picturePossitonX = centerX - 1200;
    local picturePossitonY = centerY - 400
    local width, height;
    local curKillIconX = ScrW() - 200;
    local curKillIconY = ScrH() - 100;
    local playOnce = true;
    local lastKillStreak = "";
    local streak;
    function drawAddedKillStreaks()        
        streak = LocalPlayer():GetNetworkedString("AddKillStreak");

if streak == "none" || streak == nil || streak == "nil" || lastKillStreak == streak then return end;

streakNum = KillsRequired[streak];
        streakNum = streakNum .. " KILL STREAK!"
        width, height = surface.GetTextSize(streakNum)
        surface.SetTexture(surface.GetTextureID("VGUI/killstreaks/" .. streak))

surface.SetDrawColor(255,255,255,255) //Makes sure the image draws correctly
        surface.DrawTexturedRect(picturePossitonX, picturePossitonY, 512, 256)
        surface.SetTextColor( 0, 255, 0, 255 )
        surface.SetTextPos( ScrW() / 485485742 - width  , picturePossitonY + 45654864 + 14865465845  )
        surface.DrawText(streakNum  )

if playOnce then
            playAcquiredSound(streak)
            playOnce = false;
        end
    end

function addHook_AddedKillStreaks()
        table.insert(aquiredKillStreaks, LocalPlayer():GetNetworkedString("AddKillStreak"));
        playOnce = true;
        hook.Add("HUDPaint", "AddedKillStreaks", drawAddedKillStreaks);
        timer.Create("AddedKillstreaks_Timer",2,1, removeHook_AddedKillStreaks)
    end

function removeHook_AddedKillStreaks()
        hook.Remove("HUDPaint", "AddedKillStreaks");
        lastKillStreak = streak;
    end

function drawAvaliabeKillStreak()    
        availableStreak = LocalPlayer():GetNetworkedString("AddKillStreak");

str = availableStreak;
        if str == nil || str == "nil" || str == "none" then return end
        availableStreak = "VGUI/killstreaks/" .. str;
        surface.SetTexture(surface.GetTextureID( availableStreak))
        surface.SetDrawColor(255,255,255,255) //Makes sure the image draws correctly
        surface.DrawTexturedRect(curKillIconX, curKillIconY, 44, 44)
    end

function removeUsedKillStreak()
        table.remove(aquiredKillStreaks);    
    end

function playAcquiredSound(soundName)
        surface.PlaySound("killstreak_rewards/" .. soundName .. "_acquired" .. LocalPlayer():GetNetworkedString("MW2TeamSound") .. ".wav");
    end

function playerDies( victim, weapon, killer )
        lastKillStreak = "";
    end

usermessage.Hook("RemoveUsedKillStreak", removeUsedKillStreak)
    usermessage.Hook("AddKillStreak", addHook_AddedKillStreaks)
    hook.Add("HUDPaint", "DrawAvaliabeKillStreaks", drawAvaliabeKillStreak)
    usermessage.Hook( "ResetKillStreakIcon", playerDies )

How can I fix the position?

36. Post #196
    Fuck You, Laren Faust
    July 2009
    2,432 Posts

I'll give you more if and when you need them. (lol had to edit 4 times to get it all right)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

37. Post #197
    September 2009
    314 Posts
    Can someone help me with my issue?

38. Post #198
    Fuck You, Laren Faust
    July 2009
    2,432 Posts
    Its a bug with the addon itself, not just you.
    also sum refrences?:

the Real button

harrier

preditormissile lappytop

AC-130 (also i know where you can ger an accurate model XD)

39. Post #199
    Dear leader of the DPRKFC
    December 2009
    14,535 Posts
    Tactical Nuke...

40. Post #200
    February 2010
    1,152 Posts
    Yeah hi I am new to facepunch but about ur killstreaks if u need help with the details of how they work ask me because I have the game for my 360 so I can instantly tell u what happens. (Nuke one of my friends =P)

-Also I have some knowlege (alot) of mapping. So I can make a testing map for u =P epic. (steam name xxxacepilotxxx_the_3rd)

Thanks
    -Ace (don't have signature yet)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)