Hey guys, when my computer comes back from repair, I want to install Ubuntu on it. I know that I can do that from a CD/flash drive but I'd like to know how, along with the following questions. Please don't tell me to do a Google search, I want information from people who have used it.
1. How do I put Ubuntu on a CD so I can install/uninstall it whenever? Please explain the whole install process.
2. Do I need Linux to run Ubuntu?
3. Is it possible to run certain programs (such as Steam or Windows games) on Ubuntu?
4. Is Ubuntu a good replacement for Windows?
5. Am I able to use ATI/Realtek drivers with Ubuntu? (As my computer came with those in them already.) If not, any free drivers I can download?
6. Is it possible to use a Linksys wireless USB Internet connection with the Ubuntu?
7. Do I need a keyboard/mouse for Ubuntu or can I use the Windows keyboard/mouse?
8. What antivirus software is available for Ubuntu?
9. Post any other comments/answers if you want.
Thanks in advance, guys.