1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    2,206 Posts
    Well heres how it started, i was looking through the portfolio of the tf2 concept artist Moby Francke and while looking there i found a picture called "Studies2" The character had a really familiar head shape then i looked at bottom part of the drawing and noticed the pyros clothes and suspender things. It was right in our faces all along and we never managed to notice it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Informative x 210Late x 34Funny x 14Disagree x 4Agree x 3Optimistic x 2Friendly x 2Useful x 2Artistic x 2Bad Reading x 1Dumb x 1Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,013 Posts
    Looks more like the Heavy to me, but yeah, holy shit, this could be it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 85Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    3,244 Posts
    Link.
    NOW.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Israel Show Events Agree Agree x 52Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    The Feral Chicken formerly known as "El Pollo Diablo"
    January 2008
    4,187 Posts
    Looks like a mad pedophile.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Funny x 143Agree x 7Optimistic x 1Disagree x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    3,351 Posts
    I can't be the only person to have burst out laughing at his head shape, can I?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 50Dumb Dumb x 5Disagree Disagree x 2Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    I am a moderator.
    August 2006
    13,093 Posts
    Holy hell that is one ugly lady.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 217Agree Agree x 7Dumb Dumb x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    January 2008
    4,187 Posts
    Time to post on steam forums and take all the credit. :ninja:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 65Dumb Dumb x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    December 2009
    663 Posts
    Well heres how it started, i was looking through the portfolio of the tf2 concept artist Moby Francke and while looking there i found a picture called "Studies2" The character had a really familiar head shape then i looked at bottom part of the drawing and noticed the pyros clothes and suspender things. It was right in our faces all along and we never managed to notice it.
    Looks a tiny bit like Vinnie jones

If the pyro was proper hardcore cockney badass with a passion for fire, he should look like Vinnie Jones.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 76Disagree Disagree x 9Funny Funny x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    2,206 Posts
    Here is his online portfolio, if you look at sketches you can see the concepts for the early tf2 from hl2 beta leak and some other VERY basic class sketches.
    http://www.mobyfrancke.com/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,880 Posts
    So that means he's gay? :ohdear:

go to 2fort and look at pyro's clothing, you'll see a woman's handbag with a flower on it.   

Gimme more clocks. So I can wake up earlier! :3:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Late x 194Dumb x 22Funny x 5Optimistic x 1Agree x 1Bad Spelling x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    October 2009
    550 Posts
    It's concept art, not the final design. The Demoman was almost white and red-haired
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 77Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    1,052 Posts
    I can't exactly imagine hearing Pyro's voice coming from someone like this guy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Estonia Show Events Funny Funny x 45Agree Agree x 21Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    3,244 Posts
    So that means he's gay? :ohdear:

go to 2fort and look at pyro's clothing, you'll see a woman's handbag with a flower on it.   
    Or he raped someone and kept her handbag.
    Propably that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Israel Show Events Agree x 70Funny x 15Bad Spelling x 2Informative x 2Dumb x 1Late x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    3,351 Posts
    If the pyro was proper hardcore cockney badass with a passion for fire, he should look like Vinnie Jones.

Valve, I demand that the Pyro be Cockney. NAO.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    3,244 Posts
    Holy shit Beta Pyro with clothes and everything looked like those snorks from S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Israel Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    2,206 Posts
    That must be it, pyro was never a girl, he is a rapist/sex offender. Explains his love for all that latex and rubber clothes too... :smug:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 29Funny Funny x 10Disagree Disagree x 2Informative Informative x 2 (list)

17. Post #17
    January 2008
    4,187 Posts
    Or he raped someone and kept his handbag.
    Propably that.
    either way :iiam:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    3,244 Posts
    That must be it, pyro was never a girl, he is a rapist/sex offender. Explains his love for all that latex and rubber clothes too... :smug:
    Holy shit.
    He's a fat mexican sex offender who sets people on fire and has a latex fettish.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Israel Show Events Agree x 31Funny x 5Bad Spelling x 3Informative x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    As a wise man once said: Never ask Fatfatfatty for computer advice
    March 2009
    13,289 Posts
    well there you have it, he's a man
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 8Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    3,244 Posts
    well there you have it, he's a man
    No he isn't.
    He's a mexican.
    Learn to read, damn it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Israel Show Events Funny Funny x 54Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    January 2008
    4,187 Posts
    "That's no woman,It's a man Baby!"
    *insert austin powers pic here*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 42 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    3,244 Posts
    "That's no woman,Its a man Baby!"
    *insert austin powers pic here*
    Did someone say, BABIES?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Israel Show Events Funny Funny x 84Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,666 Posts
    Give us a damn link.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Russian Federation Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 18Dumb Dumb x 4Late Late x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    2,206 Posts
    Give us a damn link.
    i posted it in post 9, cant give exact section of where it is because the site is flash based so there is only one url.

25. Post #25
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,801 Posts
    Looks like concept art. A beta one, you know. Before this "PYRO IS A WOMAN" thing started.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 3Bad Reading Bad Reading x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    September 2009
    3,426 Posts
    That's not the Pyro.

It doesn't look like Mario at all.

()
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Spain Show Events Dumb Dumb x 14Disagree Disagree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    The Cold Wind Of France
    November 2008
    18,697 Posts
    :ms:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply France Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    5,614 Posts
    Too bad the model's head is too small to be unmasked properly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    7,068 Posts
    Pyro must be mexican or spanish, cause we know how those countries have a fetish for fire.

Also:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 8Late Late x 5Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,889 Posts
    The handbag could be the announcers.

Or the scouts mothers (the spy is lookign after it after she forgot it after a one night stand)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    October 2009
    4,386 Posts
    Pyro's quite clearly English. All English people love fire! Well... I do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 18Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    3,244 Posts
    Pyro must be mexican or spanish, cause we know how those countries have a fetish for fire.

Also:
    View YouTUBE video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_B6KIfV1AS4
    Perfect.
    Fucking Perfect.

Edited:

The handbag could be the announcers.

Or the scouts mothers (the spy is lookign after it after she forgot it after a one night stand)
    Now we found scout's real father.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Israel Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,889 Posts
    Pyro's quite clearly English. All English people love fire! Well... I do.
    Fire means heat.

Heat means hot water

Hot water means tea.

IT ALL MAKES SENSE!

I swear that the pyro says excellent sometimes when you use the positive voice menu thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 22Agree Agree x 5Artistic Artistic x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,709 Posts
    I would guess he was Russian if that nationality wasn't taken by Heavy already.

One of his battle cries could be "We will cremate them."

35. Post #35
    Community Slacker
    July 2005
    8,132 Posts
    Awesome find. This will forever be burned (lol) into my head as the Pyro's face until Valve says otherwise.

It certainly WAS the Pyro's face at SOME point, so this is the closest we've got.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    3,244 Posts
    Seriously tough, it looks like the pyro also has cancer.
    That's what you get for smoking with a flamer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Israel Show Events Funny Funny x 8Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    March 2007
    128 Posts
    you know, sometimes artists draw faces for practice in order to come up with concepts of final designs. they draw basic faces and keep adding facial features to them everytime they draw the face. the final product is usually something that is original and well personalized.

for one, the artist could just as well drawn this for ANY class, not just the pyro. for another thing, you have to remember, this could be an extremely early design for the pyro, and it could have changed multiple multiple times during the design. even then, valve probably said "let's keep the gender mysterious", thus creating the gas mask.

jumping to conclusions is what you guys do best, though, so i'm sorry if i ruined your fun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Agree Agree x 1Late Late x 1Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    August 2009
    932 Posts
    The unmasked Spy is also on the same page. He's a bit hard to see on my computer because the website doesn't... well, it's flipping out.

But yeah, this is just concept art (look at all the other designs). Still, it's funny.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,139 Posts
    Seriously tough, it looks like the pyro also has cancer.
    That's what you get for smoking with a flamer.
    His suit is lined with asbestos.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    8,073 Posts
    His suit is lined with asbestos.
    Go go 1960s regulations on dangerous chemicals and materials!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)